Buyers Market

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 6, 2018

This market has gotten completely out of control. Two years, 17 mil for Todd Frazier? That’s literally peanuts. I would have signed him to that and just plugged him in anywhere–2nd base, first base, center field. That type of right handed pop, for 8.5 mil a season, would have been nice to have next season…

1. willedav said, on February 6, 2018 at 7:09 am

Yanks fans on sites I’ve looked at seem to love the guy. Good fielder/good guy in clubhouse only downside is the BA tho he does get on base.

Buyer’s market sure, but I get lot of gals who come into the store where I work, see some high end shoulder bag or backpack they really like but don’t want to pay the $$$ for it. Baseball seems to be same way, even for top teams.

2. willedav said, on February 6, 2018 at 7:34 am

“I think I’ll be here for a long, long time.” words of Dave Flemming quoted in long article in Chron today.
    He just bought a house for wife and 3 kids in Richmond district of SF.
    I think when travel etc become too much for Krukow, Kuiper gives it up as well. Miller isn’t a young guy either.
    5-10 yrs from now Giants announcers could be way different.

• Flavor said, on February 6, 2018 at 7:44 am

kind of weird to buy a house in the Richmond district. With a family? Where will his kids play? go to school? Maybe I don’t know enough about the Richmond district, anyone else out there with all-time SF knowledge?

• willedav said, on February 6, 2018 at 8:08 am

nice hood, lot quieter/less traffic than other parts of town; lot of Asian pop over there who tend to be more conservative (for SF anyway). plenty of private school options nearby too. My first thought was, he’s at complete opposite end of town from the yard so getting over there won’t be easy. Wonder when announcers get there for a 7:15 night game during the week?

• unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2018 at 7:59 am

I think Krukow is down to 2 more years.

3. unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2018 at 7:58 am

Lotsa parks around there. It’s near the presidio and the beach. My middle daughter lived there for a couple years.

4. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on February 6, 2018 at 9:28 am

Yeah, lots of open space in the Richmond depending on where exactly. I lived for a handful of years at 27th Ave and Balboa, just a couple blocks from GG Park and an easy 20 minute walk to Ocean Beach. Used to ride my bike in the Presidio. Some ‘hoods are a bit tight with smaller houses, but others are more wide open with bigger places. Also some cool little pockets of “stuff” (good restaurants from everywhere, movie houses, somewhat efficient bus lines). True, though, that it wouldn’t be a quick and easy commute in late afternoon to the ballyard from all the way ‘cross town…. Maybe he’s just setting himself up for when he makes it big someday and it would be an easy move to Sea Cliff, haha.

5. mrsprtdude said, on February 6, 2018 at 9:36 am

I like Flemming so this is a good thing… Re SB..Pats 1st team ever in any game ( not just post season) to have 600+ yards offense and lose. 1st time EVER!
    imo it’s Bellechcks rep that took a hit. He is defense guy and they were the worst. Sticking to his decision to bench Butler cost the team the game. I just heard the back up they put in was cut by the EAGLES. They knew the types of routes he couldn’t cover and ran those routes right at him over and over. When they moved a new corner to his guy they just threw at him again to a new target. Crazy that Pats let that continue the whole game.

6. Macdog said, on February 6, 2018 at 9:56 am

• alleykat69 said, on February 6, 2018 at 10:37 am

And BF’s guy ..Phil Nastu wore #25 back in 78 lol 😂

7. xoot said, on February 6, 2018 at 10:06 am

Friend of mine and his family for a long time lived in the Outer Richmond, on Anza in the high 40s, about a block from Sutro Heights Park, which provides a famous view of the cliffs, Ocean Beach and the horizon. Nice place; and not as foggy as the Sunset District. The drive to China Basin won’t be as bad as Kuiper’s from effing Danville or my god Miller’s from Half Moon Bay.

8. Macdog said, on February 6, 2018 at 10:52 am

My guess on Frazier is that he very much wanted to sign with either Yanks or Mets to stay close to his family in Jersey — he lives about 15 miles from me — so any other team likely would have needed to pony up a little more $$$, especially on the west coast. But yeah, he would’ve been a good addition, not really all that great a difference with Longoria. And Frazier is extremely popular with the fans wherever he plays.

9. unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2018 at 11:46 am

Dude, interesting story around Butler here. Tales of curfews missed, pot, and hookers . . . and favoritism.

10. zumiee said, on February 6, 2018 at 11:50 am

Good to hear about #25 being retired. Eventually 15, 18, 55, and 40 also should be retired.

• zumiee said, on February 6, 2018 at 11:55 am

I could see the case for #22 being retired, but if some people think he didn’t quite make the threshold, I could understand.

• zumiee said, on February 6, 2018 at 11:56 am

And #28 should be retired eventually, too, of course.

11. zumiee said, on February 6, 2018 at 12:02 pm

Btw- there are a lot of unsigned free agents starting to feel like the band Spinal Tap did at this moment:

• sandog said, on February 6, 2018 at 12:22 pm

WHY ARE WE PLAYING AT AN AIR FORCE BASE??

12. unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Shit, retire 6 and 9 while you are at it. These guys, along with Will, puled the team out of the depths of shittitude to reach the World Series.

• zumiee said, on February 6, 2018 at 12:10 pm

I’m blanking out on who the #9 is.

• zumiee said, on February 6, 2018 at 12:13 pm

Thompson and Snow? I don’t quite see them making the threshold.

13. Macdog said, on February 6, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Giants are playing the Pirates on the Bonds ceremony day, nice.

14. unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2018 at 1:49 pm

9 is Matt Williams

15. gianthead said, on February 6, 2018 at 1:56 pm

And the market was saying 4 years at $50 mill in December would have been a steal for Frazier and I would have been thrilled to have him at that price…2 years and $17 mill is outright theft.

I hope not waiting on this and not having to deal Arroyo does not come back to bite us hard…

16. gianthead said, on February 6, 2018 at 2:04 pm

Richmond District is awesome Flav. Lived there my last year before DC and there was a ton of good places to eat and I am sure it is even better now. We had Anton Lavey as a neighbor back then…

• gianthead said, on February 6, 2018 at 2:05 pm

Plus easy access to Baker Beach getting to GG Bridge…just living in the City is awesome and hope still is today but maybe not too affordable as it was in early 90s…

• djloo27 said, on February 6, 2018 at 5:37 pm

Who?

• zumiee said, on February 6, 2018 at 6:17 pm

A famous Satanist, I think.

17. gianthead said, on February 6, 2018 at 2:13 pm

I’m sure Fleming can afford a car service and he has all day to wake up and get to ATT…

18. Flavor said, on February 6, 2018 at 4:35 pm

this is so awesome. What a great coach.

• zumiee said, on February 6, 2018 at 6:15 pm

He played to win instead of not to lose. So much different than what some other teams have done against New England.

19. James said, on February 6, 2018 at 6:27 pm

“He is rumored to be throwing at 95 mph.”

• zumiee said, on February 6, 2018 at 6:45 pm

• xoot said, on February 6, 2018 at 7:04 pm

I bet he hasn’t had a double-double in a long long time.

20. snarkk said, on February 6, 2018 at 7:46 pm

What’s Blanco’s number?
    Let’s retire it right now…

21. unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2018 at 7:55 pm

22. unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2018 at 7:55 pm

Warriors are infuriating. 5 turnovers in 7 minutes. They are forgetting how to play defense.

23. unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2018 at 8:08 pm

They may give up 50 in the 1st quarter. McCaw is tuning into a nothingburger.

• djloo27 said, on February 6, 2018 at 8:30 pm

Are you saying they’re beatable?

• unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2018 at 8:44 pm

OKC is on pace for 140.

24. djloo27 said, on February 6, 2018 at 8:39 pm

Porzingis out for season…

25. unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2018 at 8:42 pm

Dubs may trade for a 2 guard. McCaw is worthless at this point. Swaggy is turning into a hologram.

26. unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2018 at 9:19 pm

Warriors look pathetic. They may lose by 40.

27. sandog said, on February 6, 2018 at 9:30 pm

Lots of awesome things happened to me today. I read about the Philly special deal and tried to Google it online because I really wanted to see the interaction between Foles and Peterson. Couldn’t find it, so I just thought I was gonna have to miss out on it. Then I come on here and boom, there it is.
    I also had to pull a kid in the hallway today at school and tell him to stop looking at Ron Jeremy pictures online during biology class. ( we have a monitoring system that flags inappropriate stuff like that and emails us)
    Finally, I had one of my basketball players tell me he couldn’t come to practice today because his mom was getting a tattoo and he had to get home and watch his younger siblings while she was out getting her ink done.

• zumiee said, on February 6, 2018 at 9:50 pm

The world of an educator! 🙂

• Flavor said, on February 7, 2018 at 5:45 am

lol, this is such a great post. THANK YOU! Great way to start my morning!. So was the kid embarrassed at all (as we would have been in the 80’s) or was he confidently defending the move (as kids seem to do whatever the fuck they want these days with little to no consequence)

28. zumiee said, on February 6, 2018 at 9:44 pm

I’ve always felt the biggest challenge for the Warriors this season is to stay interested in the regular season, and not just be bored by it.

• unca_chuck said, on February 7, 2018 at 8:08 am

Yeah, that’s part of it, but shit, they were soundly beaten on the glass, in the paint, and behind the arc. Throw in 26 turnovers and you have a laugher. And yeah, the regular season is about 20 games too0ooo long.