The Future

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 18, 2018
sandog said, on February 17, 2018 at 9:05 pm (Edit)

A horse can get injured too, can’t it? That doesn’t stop you. C’mon, your Big Flavor and you think its a lock.

Very true my man, but you’re getting 40-1, 80-1, sometimes north of 100-1 on Derby horse future bets. Those odds can be hard to turn down and are much tastier than the 11/10 odds you get watching your 6 month baseball bet trickle down…..

But as I said, I don’t do future bets anymore.

Having said that, I AM Big Flavor! I’m saddened you had to be the one to remind me. We’ll see what happens next week. Also, since I’ll be seeing you in Reno March 15/16 you could talk me into it in person. We could storm the teller, fists clenching hundos, a plan to unleash Hell…..

I am absolutely positive about this team right now. Until everyone gets hurt i think they are a lock to hover around 2nd place in the NL West. Hey, after losing 98 I will take that all day long…….

1. willedav said, on February 18, 2018 at 9:05 am

Curious deal for Pads to sign Hosmer and shove Myers to the OF. Myers hasn’t done all that much either given what Pads pay the guy. MLBTR seems to think Pads might dump off one of young OFs; their pitching is still suspect except for Hand. Can’t see them challenging anyone in division, yet.

But, Giants need to blast them this year and get some payback for last year and a half of ownage.

Lot of interest in C Dickerson, not surprisingly. Might be time to contract the Rays.

2. Flavor said, on February 18, 2018 at 10:48 am

cool gif. Think dad mighta gotten up an inch or two higher but son was further away from hoop making it more impressive. Either that or the camera angle is a little off and these are the EXACT same dunks.

• willedav said, on February 18, 2018 at 11:32 am

very cool thx. Dad was awesome player, kid has potential but doubt he equals Sr.

Always liked Suns from back in day purple unis/boiling sun on hip of D Van Arsdale and Ricky Sobers. Always tried to catch the Hawk and Paul Silas when they were around and later team with Westphal Truck Robinson Alvan Adams Walter Davis.

3. snarkk said, on February 18, 2018 at 11:35 am

Game 5 of the 1976 Celts v Suns triple OT may be the best NBA finals game ever…

4. zumiee said, on February 18, 2018 at 3:24 pm

These commenters at McCovey Chronicles show the gamut of feelings amongst Giants fans at the moment.

I’m confident that the Giants are probably going to make the playoffs
    Posted by Darth Divac on Feb 18, 2018 | 8:42 AM

I am completely confident that the Giants will be competing with other teams in a race to make the playoffs.
    Posted by Lunkus on Feb 18, 2018 | 8:46 AM

I am completely confident the Giants will be playing baseball in 2018
    Posted by DrunkSeawolf on Feb 18, 2018 | 9:19 AM

I’m not. There were times last year when I am not sure what they were playing.
    Posted by GiantintheBermudaTriangleofMLB on Feb 18, 2018 | 9:25 AM

5. dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 18, 2018 at 3:33 pm

Need a reason to follow the Olympics? Mr T on the Twitter is pretty good.

6. zumiee said, on February 18, 2018 at 4:00 pm

Sad news about Heart. Nancy and Ann have had a falling out over conflict between Ann’s husband and Nancy’s twin sons.
    Ann is now touring as “Ann Wilson of Heart” and Nancy is touring with a side project band.

7. snarkk said, on February 18, 2018 at 4:11 pm

That’s been going on for quite some time. Heard that on a weekend NPR radio program last fall on an interview with Nancy on her new touring group…

• zumiee said, on February 18, 2018 at 4:19 pm

Nancy is one of the coolest rock stars in history.

8. zumiee said, on February 18, 2018 at 4:13 pm

Schulman tweeted this about Julian Fernandez (who?):

Julian Fernandez (RH reliever) cut index finger of his pitching hand on his locker. Missed his bullpen session. Out a couple days. (Attn @JeremyAffeldt)
    11:10 AM – Feb 18, 2018

9. zumiee said, on February 18, 2018 at 4:21 pm

I never cut myself on a locker, but I did once close a sliding van door on my thumb.

10. Flavor said, on February 18, 2018 at 4:29 pm

In high school I wrote a concert review for my school paper. Heart was the show (Oakland Coliseum) and they were pretty bad till Stevie Nicks showed up for a surprise set. I still remember the title of the article: “Nicks Performs Heart Surgery”. Solid gold.

• Macdog said, on February 18, 2018 at 9:02 pm

Did you write your own headline? That one’s awesome!

• Flavor said, on February 19, 2018 at 5:35 am

i did. I was also editor in chief of the paper—The Campanile.

11. zumiee said, on February 18, 2018 at 6:53 pm

Another boring NBA All-Star game.
    The halftime show is pretty boring, too.

• zumiee said, on February 18, 2018 at 7:18 pm

The National Anthem was…..uh….unique.

• zumiee said, on February 18, 2018 at 7:19 pm
      • djloo27 said, on February 18, 2018 at 8:28 pm

I made it through 15 seconds and BTW never heard of her before…

12. Macdog said, on February 18, 2018 at 9:00 pm

Oh, the NBA All-Star game was tonight? I treat it like Flav and sandog do wit the Olympics and don’t watch a second of it and its related events, although I was happy for Sean Dinwiddie winning the Skills competition, whatever that is.