Flavor Five Oh!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 20, 2018

I’m turning 50 tomorrow. For some reason I used to always think I’d be bummed out about that. Who knows, still 24 hours to go. But as of right now, I feel great about it. There are reasons why I’m so positive but no reason to get into that in a baseball thread. Anyway, I will be in Reno/Tahoe for the rest of the week with people and probably won’t get to changing the thread. Unless something happens. But what’s going to happen? Likely, nothing. And I’ve got a second half century to start. So, later days.

1. Irish Kevin said, on February 25, 2018 at 8:02 am

Nice article on Cain and Stratton

• snarkk said, on February 25, 2018 at 12:23 pm

I had a laugh at Cain telling Stratton not to look in the dugout or they’ll come out to get you. During the last half of his horrendous contract, Cain must have perfected not looking into the dugout …

• alleykat69 said, on February 25, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Got that right!
        He was also thinking run to the mound before he gets yanked to start an inning..

2. zumiee said, on February 25, 2018 at 12:53 pm

MadBum gave up an HR to his first batter.

• snarkk said, on February 25, 2018 at 1:03 pm

Yep, he got slapped around a bit over 35 pitches or so.
      Quick, sign him up to that 6-year extension…

3. zumiee said, on February 25, 2018 at 4:15 pm

Bum did strike out 5 batters in a couple of innings work.

4. zumiee said, on February 25, 2018 at 4:57 pm

The Dodgers got shut-out today. Always a cool thing, even if it’s just a ST game.

5. zumiee said, on February 25, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Duggar hit a 2-run HR. It was off a minor league pitcher, but hey.

• snarkk said, on February 25, 2018 at 9:07 pm

Just put Duggar out in CF to platoon with Jackson (L, R) , the guy needs to play against MLB competition to see what he can do. Gorkys can get DFA’d, and he’ll end up back in Sac anyway, nobody will pick him up. He can be AAA fodder and bring up for outfield D when somebody gets hurt…

6. snarkk said, on February 25, 2018 at 9:47 pm

Right now, here’s who I would take as OFers:

Cutch (R)
    Jackson, Duggar (R, L)
    Pence, Shaw (R, L)
    Williamson (mostly RH PH)

Parker (no options left) and Gorkys, DFA them, they’ll pass through waivers…

• zumiee said, on February 25, 2018 at 10:37 pm

I heard Lurie interviewing Shaw. Shaw went to Boston College. He talked about his baseball life-journey. It was interesting. It’s the kind of interview that Lurie does so well; Lurie has the time in his show to do these types of interviews.