It Is Coming

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 26, 2018

Brian Murphy tweeted out this average but still exciting pic of the sun rising at Scottsdale Stadium this morning. I’ve been out of the Bay Area a lot more than usual this year and to be honest Spring Training has kinda come out of nowhere and surprised me.

Screenshot 2018-02-26 at 6.09.23 AM

And to be honest, it still hasn’t moved me. Watching guys like Longoria and McCutchen hone their swings for nearly 2 months doesn’t really get me going. Maybe if I was there? I’ve never been to ST and that’s hilarious because my mom lives in The Boulders and I think that’s only 20 miles or so away.

So I suck for that. One day I hope to get there.

1. willedav said, on February 26, 2018 at 7:25 am

And in other news, just read the Oasis in Menlo Park is closing in about 10 days. Yikes!

2. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on February 26, 2018 at 7:49 am

Spring training is great if you live in a cold climate and need to get a breath of spring weather to rejuvenate the soul. Went a couple times in my Boston years just for that reason. Never really made the effort living in Cali, didn’t really need it, I guess….

3. alleykat69 said, on February 26, 2018 at 9:32 am

Boulders top rate in my book BF!
    Played the course once it was awesome!
    Was it their that you holed one for an Ace?
    Also enjoyed both Tom Weiskoff (sp) restaurant with the ties hanging from the ceiling &Greasewood Flats with the dollar Bill’s hanging from the bar, sadly it closed down after 40 plus years..Great views from the pinnacle’s up in their of the surrounding valleys..

• Flavor said, on February 26, 2018 at 10:08 am

not an ace, an eagle. Last hole I played last Thanksgiving. Knocked an 8 iron in from about 175 out.

4. snarkk said, on February 26, 2018 at 9:37 am

I’m down there next week for a few days in Valley of the Sun. I hope to take in the Giants/Mariners night game. Giants are playing day games at Scottsdale, likely won’t be able to go…

5. zumiee said, on February 26, 2018 at 9:47 am

Nice interview with Duggar this morning on KNBR. He’s from South Carolina. He and Chris Shaw, the New Englander, are good buddies and roommates. They have advanced through the Giants system at the same pace. Could be future starting Giants outfielders together.

• zumiee said, on February 26, 2018 at 9:49 am

They played against each other many times in college; they were in the same conference. Duggar at Clemson, and Shaw at Boston College.

• Flavor said, on February 26, 2018 at 10:09 am

Duggar is a pretty boring interview, I listened to that on the way in to work. Seems like he’s got the “say nothing” thing down. And he’s already got a nickname. Ready for it….Duggie. I just don’t know how these baseball players keep coming up with these sweet ass nicknames.

• zumiee said, on February 26, 2018 at 11:45 am

You weren’t impressed that he’s picking Blanco’s brain for major league knowledge? 🙂

6. dirt said, on February 26, 2018 at 10:09 am

Caught the interview with Sandoval on KNBR this morning. Still can’t understand a goddamn thing he says but I’m pretty sure he claimed to be good with his physical conditioning and sounded happy. If he’s got anything left, insurance at the corner infield spots isn’t the worst thing.

• Flavor said, on February 26, 2018 at 10:10 am

absolutely. I hope we keep him around, playing on the Red Sox dime, and plugging holes in the infield as needed.

7. dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 26, 2018 at 10:19 am

Gotta believe the club is hoping for best case scenario where Belt posts a solid concussion free performance through the all-star break so they can move him and plug in Shaw.

• alleykat69 said, on February 26, 2018 at 11:40 am

Agree with that theory Dirt.A half of season with Belt is all anyone can expect anymore with his injury track record..

8. zumiee said, on February 26, 2018 at 11:49 am

This Jensen guy is a little intriguing just because he seems to have a powerful build. If he’s got a consistent launch angle…..

• zumiee said, on February 26, 2018 at 11:54 am

Spoiler alert: there’s probably nothing consistent about his baseball abilities.

• snarkk said, on February 26, 2018 at 4:03 pm

Sounds like Parker…

9. dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 26, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Beede getting lit up with 3 ER through 1.2

10. alleykat69 said, on February 26, 2018 at 12:37 pm

Jensen= Career minor leaguer
    29, as Twin would say camp filler with no future just to give a vet more rest in ST..

11. unca_chuck said, on February 26, 2018 at 1:29 pm

My cousin just went to the O. I didn’t hear that it was closing tho. 😦

Between the O and the Goose, I’ve had about 3,000 burgers there.

12. alleykat69 said, on February 26, 2018 at 3:09 pm

Yeah Chuck this one cuts deep!
    I recently heard about the closing of the “O” lots of memories and Beers with my “DCF(double cheeseburger on a French roll)
    Man I sure hope it doesn’t happen to the Goose as well, hit up both these great places when I played some softball in Menlo Park..

13. snarkk said, on February 26, 2018 at 4:08 pm

So, was Beede hit hard? I hope it’s early and he’s not going to turn into an overhype with his best efforts being his tweets with the missus…

• blade3colorado said, on February 26, 2018 at 5:01 pm

Yep . . . 2 innings pitched, 4 hits, 3 runs, Basically, this kid hasn’t shown squat since 2016, when he was with Richmond. Umm, but it’s early, LOL

14. Flavor said, on February 26, 2018 at 5:25 pm

Beede basically turned baseball into a hobby after he met that super high main chick he married last Summer

15. djloo27 said, on February 26, 2018 at 5:47 pm

We have no pitching.
    This is a recording…

• blade3colorado said, on February 26, 2018 at 7:59 pm

lol . . . gold (as usual).

16. zumiee said, on February 26, 2018 at 9:08 pm

The Giants do have a tough April schedule. The piching staff will face big challenges early.

17. unca_chuck said, on February 26, 2018 at 9:31 pm

Every game is a big challenge this year.

18. unca_chuck said, on February 26, 2018 at 9:33 pm

If Stratton can show more of what he showed, and Samarife can get away from the long ball, and cueto . . . and bummie . . . and we’ll be fine.

Until the 6th . . .