Ann Coulter Is a Dope

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 14, 2018

Sorry, had to get that out there. Super disappointed that such a crazy dolt sold out an appearance so close to where i live….

Giants are inching closer to the top spot in Cactus League. After a slow start, they are 10-8, only 2.5 games off The Cubs. Hey, this could be the only race we’re in this year, right? Goddamn right I’m following it.

I need any of you with March Madness knowledge to cobble your best predictive powers together and give me ONE team you like this year. No #1 seeds please. And no more than one team, please factor in the point spread for the first game. This is just for the Thurs/Fri games……

I will be putting these picks together into one glorious, giant Flap parlay ticket so there’s a lot riding on this. 🙂

1. willedav said, on March 14, 2018 at 7:24 am

like him or not, the Pence vid with song Yogi put up end of last thread is pretty funny.

mm, nothing jumps out at me for Thurs except Zags.

2. jPipk (@Tenoutof9) said, on March 14, 2018 at 7:43 am

I like the dizzy blonde — refreshingly controversial and minces no words — kinda reminds me of someone on this blog

3. zumiee said, on March 14, 2018 at 8:03 am

Coulter’s career has been on a downward slope the last several years. Even a lot of Conservatives are tired of her act, which is a pretty repetitive act. Her books don’t sell well anymore, and she now finds it much harder to find politicians that are willing to be seen in public with her. There are less TV talk shows that are willing to book her.
    The live appearances are her last refuge.

4. willedav said, on March 14, 2018 at 8:05 am

Really disappointed C Metu of USC isn’t going to play for them in NIT because he’s going to NBA (he hopes) after this his junior year. He played 34 games, did well, tho there were some issues—I know he was suspended for a half for punching someone earlier.

To me this has zero to do with coaches NCAA corruption or anything except being part of a team. You’ve fought and battled and did all the running and conditioning all year with these guys
    and there are still a few games and couple weeks left. As Walton, someone who has been through much pain in and out of his basketball life, said, “No one ever wants get hurt.”

5. Dennis Zucchino said, on March 14, 2018 at 8:36 am

Coulter’s a pompous bitch who just uses shock to draw her minions to buy her books and appearances. BTW Cenk Uygur from The Young Turks (a progressive political and social commentary program) ripped her a new one in a debate awhile back..

6. Dennis Zucchino said, on March 14, 2018 at 8:48 am

Btw.. looking forward to attending a Giants/Phillies game in Phil…I understand I should prepare for some local discomfort to my attire and vocal appeal to my team….if true… can’t wait.

• Macdog said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:35 am

Dennis, I’ve been to at least one Giants game at Philly for the last 8-9 years and I’ve never had a problem there.

• snarkk said, on March 14, 2018 at 12:43 pm

Ditto. I went to a Giants/Phills game in Philly and had a good time talking to Philly fans. Of course, Phills were good back then, pre-2010, and Giants were crap. Giants got flattened that game…

• Dennis Zucchino said, on March 14, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Thanks.. last Giants/ Philly game for me was maybe 1972 at the old Veterans Stadium. The only risk then was driving there in my dangerous VW Bug.

7. zumiee said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:12 am

The Giants had their entire “A” lineup other than Longoria going against the Cubs’ Chatwood last night. It was pretty grim. Lots of strikeouts and not many baserunners.
    MadBum got touched for a couple of runs, including a lead-off HR from Happ.
    I’m not saying any of it means anything, but it was just kind of a sobering game.

• blade3colorado said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:19 am

Actually, he gave up 2 bombs yesterday. Regardless, he pitched fairly well – 7 SOs in 5 innings, w/2 earned runs. Cubs had their “A” team playing too, sans Rizzo.

8. wilcojoe said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:13 am

I think SFA has a very good chance to knock off Texas Tech. Tech has lost 5 of 7 and SFA has forced the most turnovers in the country. That’s my upset pick.

• Flavor said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:19 am

thanks. unfortunately they play before I roll into Reno. But I’ll keep an eye on them!

9. wilcojoe said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:18 am

My sleeper pick is NC State. They had some big wins this year (Duke, North Carolina and Arizona). I think they get by Seton Hall and upset Kansas in round two.

10. zumiee said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:19 am

MLB Network is showing today’s Giants game on delay late in the evening.

11. wilcojoe said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:21 am

My other big prediction. This is the year someone gets the perfect bracket. Unfortunately it will be in some stupid free contest where the top prize is a gift certificate to Applebee’s.

• Flavor said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:55 am

i just play one bracket. $20. My old boss runs the tourney. I have to limit myself with that shit or I spend WAY too much time on Yahoo and ESPN and CBS, etc.

12. blade3colorado said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:21 am

Dunno about March Madness . . . Do know about Colter – she is a “dolt” (love that word . . . got to mix it up with moron for Trump on FB. Thanks!).

13. wilcojoe said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:26 am

I also like Loyola of Chicago over Miami. Miami’s best player, Bruce Brown, is out.

14. wilcojoe said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:30 am

I am jealous of you Flav. I will be gambling in Lake Charles, LA this weekend myself. Obviously no sports books outside of Nevada. I would kill to be in Reno for March Madness. BTW, I would take Reno over Vegas all day and twice on Sundays.

• Flavor said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:54 am

i know. Gonna be super fun. And I haven’t seen San Dawg in a couple of years, it’s gonna be great.

• wilcojoe said, on March 14, 2018 at 10:11 am

You’re meeting up with SD? Oh, even better.

• Flavor said, on March 14, 2018 at 11:01 am

he’s gonna be my *parlay whisperer*.

15. zumiee said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:31 am

To be fair, political books in general are not selling as well as they did several years ago. I’m the kind of nerd that checks the bestseller lists, and you just don’t see all the political books you used to see on the list. An exception has been “Fire and Fury,” which has sold well, a so-called undercover look at the Trump administration. There’s also a photo book by Pete Souza, who was Obama’s official photographer.
    But, in general, it seems like the political book genre has exhausted itself lately. Part of it is probably that there is so much free stuff on the internet; if someone has a hankering to read political stuff, there’s a ton of it online. Why pay $25 for the latest political hardback? A book that is probably 250 pages long, with lots of space between each line, that you can read in a few hours. Not a lot of bang for the buck.
    And I’ve always had the feeling that a lot of political books are only bought to be given as gifts anyway, and that a lot of them end up unread on people’s shelves.

• Flavor said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:57 am

someone gave me Fire and Fury. I still haven’t opened it

• Dennis Zucchino said, on March 14, 2018 at 12:51 pm

Read it….WTF…it’s like about a little boy being designated President for a day…. except it’s for 4 years!

16. Macdog said, on March 14, 2018 at 10:01 am

Where’d that low-life skank sell out an appearance, in an outhouse?

17. unca_chuck said, on March 14, 2018 at 10:02 am

AZ kills the Pac 12 tourney slump.

• sandog said, on March 14, 2018 at 10:47 am

The NCAA is as crooked as a barrel full of snakes*. The only reason Arizona is somehow still allowed in the tournament is that their fans travel like crazy to every game and they don’t want to lose those $.
      I despise AZ basketball, but I think they are going to go on a run as well and continue the tradition of the most corrupt teams (UNC last year, UConn in the past) doing well in the tourney.
      My Final 4 is Arizona, Gonzaga, Purdue, Michigan State.
      Coming into this year I did not think the Zags would be very good after losing some key guys, but they have impressed me big time–especially Johnathan Williams, who I think has really improved his game this year.
      *Jackie Brown movie reference.

• zumiee said, on March 14, 2018 at 11:35 am

“The NCAA is as crooked as a barrel full of snakes*.”

18. alleykat69 said, on March 14, 2018 at 10:54 am

Virginia,Villanova,MichiganSt,Gonzaga final 4 book it!!

19. dirtnrocksnomo said, on March 14, 2018 at 10:58 am

Holland going today will be interesting. I think the club would prefer him for one of the final starting spots. The only good thing about March Madness is that it means it’s almost opening day. I’d totally bang Coulter-mostly for the shot at eternal life but that’s just me.

• unca_chuck said, on March 14, 2018 at 1:38 pm

Hell ain’t a bad place to be, amirite?

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on March 14, 2018 at 1:58 pm

All I’m saying is if warm air rises, it could be hotter in Heaven.

• alleykat69 said, on March 14, 2018 at 2:09 pm

Lqtm

• Flavor said, on March 14, 2018 at 6:27 pm

Dirt on fire. Literally. Classic posts.

20. zumiee said, on March 14, 2018 at 4:35 pm

Ohtani is now hitting .100 in ST.
    You get a sense that the excitement over him is drizzling away.

21. djloo27 said, on March 14, 2018 at 4:53 pm

I got Purdue to win it all at 14-1. I don’t know one thing about them.
    I just want them to win one for Leroy Keyes…

• blade3colorado said, on March 14, 2018 at 4:55 pm

I don’t know anything about them either Loo. I want them to win one for Randolph Scott.

• djloo27 said, on March 14, 2018 at 6:24 pm

How’s the baby doing, Blade?

22. blade3colorado said, on March 14, 2018 at 7:01 pm

Loo, she’s getting over Rubella (3-day German Measles). Although mostly eradicated in the States, it’s still a problem in Vietnam. Ironically, she was due to get that vaccine a couple of days after she contracted it. In any event, I just video chatted with Linh and Michele is doing fine. I’m in the States doing my taxes and taking care of other issues.

23. Macdog said, on March 14, 2018 at 8:15 pm

‘Cuse knocks out Arizona State.

24. willedav said, on March 14, 2018 at 8:41 pm

Purdue is pretty dang good, that’s a good bet.
    Jackie brown, lol. I love reading Elmore Leonard, tho Hollywood doesn’t always get adaptations on his stuff right.
    Get Shorty was fabulous tho.

25. mrsprtdude said, on March 14, 2018 at 8:47 pm

Mac the game was close. Az st had ball in the air to win with 3 sec left. Bummer the only giuy who hit shots at all for them didn’t have it. Evans miserable all night.

• Macdog said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:03 pm

I watched it. Yeah, they had a good look at the 3. Not easy opening up a tourney vs. that Syracuse zone, Wildcats almost pulled it out.

• Macdog said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Ooops, Sun Devls.

26. mrsprtdude said, on March 14, 2018 at 9:14 pm

Any word on Cueto? I have him in a keeper league. pitching is scare. $21 in a $260 format auction format. Have until midnight to cut him. Not worried if i could get him a buck or 2 cheaper. Should I even have him?

• zumiee said, on March 14, 2018 at 10:02 pm

From what I’ve seen he’s looked good.

27. zumiee said, on March 14, 2018 at 10:01 pm

From Baggarly:
    “Unfortunate news: #sfgiants OF prospect Gustavo Cabrera has elected to retire. The physical challenges following major reconstructive wrist surgery were too much to overcome. It is a miracle he even has the hand.”

He is the guy who had the horrific injury when he slipped on a wet floor and his hand crashed through a glass table.

28. mrsprtdude said, on March 15, 2018 at 8:02 am

Tanks for the article Zummiee.