Today Was a Good Day

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 29, 2018

Remember that poem Chi used to post about some dude staring out the window waiting for something to stop or start or some shit? It’s just like that, baby…

Everyone is something. Maybe you’re a father, a brother, a husband…An American. A vocation…..a Giants fan.

There’s great history in being one of those. It’s why you give that stranger a knowing dude head nod as your hats cross in the street. It’s why you came here today.

We get another opening day today but of course I’ve thought about our old friend Twinner who misses his first one in 60 years. And Stix is still on the 3-6 year DL. He’s as “day to day” as it gets, eh?

The team is in an impossibly tough situation to start the year and things could look bleak  if you choose that take. Me? I’m as positive as a motherfucker. I don’t know where this is coming from. Maybe complacency has set in due to those 3 beauties. Maybe I have fantasy baseball to distract me from the tunnel vision of a single team’s fan hood. Maybe I’m just getting older and don’t have it in me to complain about something I have no control over. You know what I have total control over?…..my attitude.

And I choose to be 100% positive about this team, this day and the rest of this year. Kinda feels like I’m channeling my *inner Twinner*, dig?

1. Flavor said, on March 29, 2018 at 7:37 pm

I want the Giants players to sit on the dugout steps and buff and shine as many world series rings as they have on them this Saturday during the entirety of the *ring ceremony*

2. zumiee said, on March 29, 2018 at 7:47 pm

Kershaw, 0-1. Nice.

• theroooster said, on March 29, 2018 at 7:58 pm

Kershaw and the Dodgers were riding a 7-game Opening Day winning streak. It was bound to come to an end eventually.

• zumiee said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:01 pm

3. snarkk said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:03 pm

Anytime, anyway the Giants can beat Kershaw is a reason to celebrate. Go Giants !!…

4. Flavor said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:06 pm

nice job by the bullpen but Strickland is going to have to get that slider figured out. They were missing it because they weren’t expecting it but those were meatballs catching way too much of the strike zone. Glad he’s got a new pitch. Now bury it in the dirt…..

5. Flavor said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:15 pm

Today’s headline was spot on. That is all. Good night.

6. snarkk said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:22 pm

How bout that new lineup? Belt got a hit off Opie, that’s a good omen for him…

7. Flavor said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:26 pm

8. xoot said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:37 pm

Great way to start a wild ass season. Marty Lurie said on the radio about half an hour ago that Stricknine has what it takes to be a closer because he’s solid and stable. Uh huh, except when facing guys named Bryce maybe. But still . . . the pen sure looked like a real pen tonight. Here’s what the dodgers deserve on opening day:

9. pawliekokonuts said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:41 pm

I love that 162-0 optimism an Opening Day win evokes. Great post, Magnus! That tweet by Sarah Langs is pure platinum.

10. willedav said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:42 pm

Very nicely done.

11. unca_chuck said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:43 pm

Good to see Clint back!

12. pawliekokonuts said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Le Grande Orange. R.I.P. Once shared an elevator ride with him at Shea Stadium.

• James said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:56 pm

A few too many plates of Ris de Veau.

• pawliekokonuts said, on March 29, 2018 at 9:03 pm

he owned a ribs joint

13. unca_chuck said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:51 pm

Saw that. My first mitt was a Rusty Staub . . .

14. pawliekokonuts said, on March 29, 2018 at 8:53 pm

Despite his resemblance to portly Rick Reuschel in later years, an awesome pinch hitter.

15. djloo27 said, on March 29, 2018 at 9:05 pm

Staub was rumored to be gay, but he was one of 2 major leaguers to hit on my future ex wife. Happened at his rib joint – late 70’s. I really didn’t care. At least he didn’t dry hump her like Sixto Lezcano did at Adam’s Apple…

• pawliekokonuts said, on March 29, 2018 at 9:44 pm

Hall of Fame post

16. unca_chuck said, on March 29, 2018 at 9:17 pm

Too funny. Kevin Durant comes back after a 6 game layoff due to injury and gets a one-T tossing 2 seconds before the half ends by a ref who missed 3 fouls on KD in the span of 8 seconds.

The Greek freak is getting away with knocking Durant and others all over the floor while the Warriors shoot 4 free throws in the 1st half. The Bucks are fighting for the 8th spot in the east.

17. mrsprtdude said, on March 29, 2018 at 10:14 pm

Giants have NEVER won a 1-0 game on opening day. In what almost 100 years?? All the Giant Dodger pitching matchups and never before. Crazy..