Thud!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 1, 2018

Last night’s game was a cringy reminder of the team that lost 98 games last year. They couldn’t hit, they couldn’t field, their starting pitcher labored….

The offense is going to be better but what if Longo and McCutchen are done like Melancon? They look like they can still hit and field but their execution says otherwise. Melancon came to us as damaged goods. I don’t think Longo and McCutchen are damaged goods. But could they suffer as dramatic a drop off in one season? Let’s decided after May happens……

The Art Dealer’s grand ring ceremony was yesterday and look at this: Dodger players so embarrassed by their pathetic fake ring party they were caught HIDING their rings behind their backs in the hopes that the Giants wouldn’t see them. Sad I tell ya, just sad…..

Screenshot 2018-04-01 at 6.41.29 AM

1. blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:27 pm

Osich was doing so well too . . . back to his old moniker, Oshit.

• lorianbartle said, on April 1, 2018 at 11:06 pm

Osich will be ok. I am not worried about the team. They split on the road against a good team. The Giants will be fine. Have you all seen togetherweregiants.com? It’s another fun Giants blog. I think we should crash their party once in a while. They have some great commenters.

• blade3colorado said, on April 2, 2018 at 7:29 pm

I hope so Lorian. By the by, I checked out your website and liked it very much. I just touched the surface, but you’re certainly an interesting person. I also see that you are an “avid traveler,” i.e., feel free to visit my site:

Last, but not least, let me be the first to welcome you to the Flap. We don’t have very many females that post here. Umm . . . sometimes the language is a bit rough here, but all the fellas are gentlemen . . . I think. Grin. What we all have in common is that we are GIANTS fans. I will check out the Giants blog you mentioned. Take care, Steve 🙂

2. Macdog said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:27 pm

I thought the shit show at the Latrine was last week.

3. blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Even with the score at 2-0, I was thinking no way we come back. At 5-0? It would take a miracle with our LU.

4. alleykat69 said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:33 pm

It’s almost scripted how they lose.Cant get the key hit are even move a runner over.Stratton hurt by suspect D.You bring in Oshit instead of Watson and instant bomb to wrap it up..

5. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:35 pm

Our parade of lousy pinch-hitters starts.

6. unca_chuck said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Pence should have caught that. If we get one fucking run, I’ll be happy.

• alleykat69 said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:45 pm

I’d like to score off of Jessica Mendoza, better chance then us scoring..

7. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:40 pm

Gomez is interesting.

• zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:42 pm

His beard not so much.

8. theroooster said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Hey, Zoom – you ever get around to reading Dan Simmon’s “The Terror” about the doomed 19th century Northwest Passage expedition? The series by the same name starts tomorrow night on AMC.
    Set yer DVR’s boys!
    I have no idea if the show will be any good, but I can tell you the book was excellent.

• zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Haven’t gotten to it yet. I’ll record the show.

• blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:51 pm

A very good historical novel . . . albeit, with the oddity of having a monster as a main protagonist. Weird, but it works.

• theroooster said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:56 pm

Yes, blade, totally agree – weird a good description. I found myself going back-and-forth at first trying to justify “the monster” just being a gigantic polar bear at first. But, yeah, damn thing really was a monster after all…

• gianthead said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:56 pm

Rooster…sorry to say the show started last week. They ran the first two episodes…fan-fucking-tastic. I read the book and Simmons may be fav currenr author. Get his recent Five Hearts book.

But seeing The Terror on the screen is really awesome and brings the story back alive.

Flav, I just do fan duel and usually take obe lineup and try to play 2-3 different games. I went 2 different lineups today but with Quintana starting both and what a shit storm that was…kind of like what we feared about this Giants offense. Happy with a split certainly but it was not far off that this could have been a sweep. Our entire offense sans Panik not stepping up with runners on and couple outs all series. Very pathetic and I am back to being gloomy for the season. Just not a major league competitive lineup and Longoria is been a major disappointment.

San Dog, will follow up on more golf talk…I am hoping to play weekly this year. Just could not get out enough last year that my gamr was consistently inconsistent…goal to get to a 16 handicap by end of the year…

• gianthead said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:03 pm

I liked the first episode of Trust as well…how different of a story than the recent movie…

• Flavor said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:05 pm

i have a couple of friends on facebook who are jizzing themselves in anticipation of that. I watched the trailer, eh, didn’t do much for me.

• blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:08 pm

I did the same thing . . . rationalizing the “monster” as a bear. Ironically, after I read the book, I researched all the historical facts and even the monster was based upon fact. Umm . . . sort of. Actually, Inuit folk stories.

9. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Gomez told Utley: “Take your blank sociopathic stare and sit down.”

10. unca_chuck said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Cutch and Span look interchangeable at this point.

11. djloo27 said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:52 pm

I’m sure they’ll announce some idiotic stat like this is the first time since 1949 that one team shut out the other in the first 2 games of a 4 game series, then got shut out themselves in the last 2 games. So sick of that shit. And everything else, too.

• zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 7:56 pm

I do wonder if the Giants have ever had a worst run-production 4-game series in their history.

12. djloo27 said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:00 pm

Gomez is the Gorkys of the pitching staff…

13. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:00 pm

Gomez, thanks for playing our game.
    Next!

• Flavor said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:04 pm

he was straight up batting practice.

14. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:05 pm

Bochy looked angry in that camera shot.

• zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:08 pm

In the next shot he looked tired and beat-down.

15. djloo27 said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:05 pm

How the hell did Moronta fit into Romo’s jersey?

16. wilcojoe said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:07 pm

What’s the over/under on how many heart stents Bochy will get this year? I am going with two.

• blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:09 pm

Sounds about right.

17. snarkk said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:09 pm

Well, looks like reality is starting to rear its ugly head…

18. blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Fuck! I thought Stix broke out of jail.

19. alleykat69 said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Moronta makes Panda the size of Specs..

20. djloo27 said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Time for Longoria to get a nice meaningless hit…

21. alleykat69 said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:15 pm

Panda has to be happy seeing Moronta’s fat gut.Makes Panda look like the size of Specs sort of..

22. djloo27 said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:19 pm

Panda should start against the next few righties while Longoria remains in a coma…

• blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:28 pm

Meanwhile, Duffy continues to rake – going 2 for 4 tonight. Trading him was when all this bad ju ju started.

23. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:19 pm

Bochy looks “tired and beat down” already? That didn’t take long. I thought he should have retired after 2016, just ’cause he always looked so… .tired and beat down. I can’t believe he actually wanted to come back. Gotta love the big lug, though. Either he really really loves this game so much, or he’s just not sure what else he would do with himself. I’m hoping it’s a stent-less year for him.

• djloo27 said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:24 pm

I thought after 2014…

24. theroooster said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:19 pm

Ha! Thanks g-head, had no idea. I’ll watch it tonight on-demand. Cool.

25. sandog said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:19 pm

A-Rod is growing on me.

• Lurker John said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:56 pm

He’s been pretty good so far.

26. djloo27 said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:20 pm

Game 4 and we’re already talking monster books…

27. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:22 pm

Great camera shot of the three duds sitting together.

28. wilcojoe said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Belt’s the all time leader in loud outs.

29. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:26 pm

The only amusing thing about 9-0 losses is that it’s the same score as a forfeit. It’s literally like the Giants never showed up.

30. YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:27 pm

We score, we win!

• zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:29 pm

That phrase is meant for games with strong Giants pitching and defense.

31. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:36 pm

2 runs in 36 innings. You don’t see that very often.

• YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:45 pm

At this rate, 81 wins is the most we can hope for.

• djloo27 said, on April 1, 2018 at 8:57 pm

So 4 hours ago you were hoping for 108?

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:07 pm

Loo, I thought you said after Bum got hurt that you’d be going to bed at 10pm from then on… 🙂

• zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:13 pm

We were hoping he wouldn’t stick with that. We need everyone onboard to get through this season.

• djloo27 said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:17 pm

Tough to change the old habits, Paul. It’s still hard for me to turn off a Giant game.
        And I resent clocks…

32. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:15 pm

Jax/Cutch/Longo gotta be a combined 3-45 or something to start the season.

• djloo27 said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:19 pm

Cutch has less than a week before I start referring to him as “McNuthin”…

• Macdog said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:29 pm

2 for 43.

• zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:47 pm

Wow, only two hits. What an epic fail in the opening series by those three.

33. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:26 pm

Longoria is under contract until 2022. Yikes.

34. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:50 pm

Yadier Molina has 2 HRs already and he’s like 50 years old.

35. willedav said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:51 pm

ARod surprisingly one of the less annoying things about tonite. I thought very professional job and that piece with Panik was great. Don’t care for Mendoza or the main play by play guy either.

Stratton kept them in it, over all good outing. Love that curve. Guy has some promise and room for growth.

• Lurker John said, on April 1, 2018 at 9:59 pm

Agreed.

36. zumiee said, on April 1, 2018 at 10:01 pm

Bryan Murphy:
    “Say what you want about Yasiel Puig, but at least he plays with energy and pizzazz. The Giants look like a lifeless grey husk in those road unis, especially when they’re getting shutout and making a mistake every inning.
    Andrew McCutchen should be the organization’s first pulse since 2014, but that appears to be dependent on his bat getting going. You have to admit it’d be nice to see some of the players looking like they enjoy playing the sport. Evan Longoria’s face the entire game looked like he was starring in a cable drama about a complicated anti-hero with a tough moral decision to make.”

• Flavor said, on April 2, 2018 at 6:10 am

that Longo reference was solid gold.