Bad Night

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 17, 2018

Man, that turned quick. We went from a “Perfect Night” with the Dubs rolling and the Giants winning to…I don’t know what that was. Just like I’m still processing that video I posted of the “little incident down at the Starbucks.”

Colorado isn’t hitting. They are leading the NL in bombs (always expected) but they’re 10th in team OPS. That’s wild for a team that gets to play half its games in Nepal.

So as long as Smarge can keep his pitches from leaking right down Broadway we should be ok tonight.

Right?

Question posed on Tolbert’s KNBR show yesterday: Would you rather have a player hit a homerun every single game (and strike out in his other 3 at bats) or would you rather have a player go 4 for 4 with 4 singles every single game? Explain your answer. And don’t ask me any questions about the question, that’s the only info you have to make your choice.

Looking forward to your responses on this one…..

Finally, this…..

Screenshot 2018-05-17 at 6.07.15 AM

1. alleykat69 said, on May 17, 2018 at 6:53 am

If it’s a solo shot no I wouldn’t. 4-4 you might score twice then again how are they doing with RISP again?

2. Flavor said, on May 17, 2018 at 6:53 am

Katie’s mom brought up a good point about the poo video. Maybe she went in there and asked to use the bathroom, they said no, not unless you buy something. She had no money and then decided to just let them have it. That would explain her ability to so easily poo on command. It does not explain any of her other actions…..

• sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

Excellent analysis by Katie’s mom. Maybe she can also shed some light on the Direct TV commercial where the guitar gets chucked out the window that we’re all so baffled about? Was the lame boyfriend insisting they use the clunky video equipment—even though it wasn’t needed?

• Flavor said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:43 am

they seem to be combining some type of reason she’s breaking up with him (because he has clunky video equipment) with breaking up with him because he cheated on her. It’s overkill. She should just throw all his stuff out the window while he’s still in HIS HOUSE and then leave him. That would be the crazy chick thing to do that would make at least some sense

• sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 10:53 am

…and he either needs to save the guitar with a nifty catch, or it needs to shatter into several pieces.
        There can’t be any middle ground on this.

3. unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:08 am

4 hits is more likely to drive in runs than one.

4. willedav said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:49 am

Chron imitates Flap today.

Hank’s lead is Belt K and complaints ump wanted to get game over.
    Jenkins lead is Dirt’s take Giants still only 3 and half back in anything can happen NL West
    Hank also has separate story with quotes from Baer on why SF NOT moving pens off the field

1 bomb/3 Ks won’t work. Too little production for 4 ABs

5. Macdog said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:57 am

This comes down to whether I’d take Pete Rose or Dave Kingman. I’ll take Rose.

6. willedav said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:07 am

The player with 4 singles will be on base with chance to score and if runners are on can drive in runs/give team an opp for big inning every time. He will also put every pitcher in the stretch and force D adjustments.
    Hey if that player is BH type he could steal 3 bags and score every time lol
    This type of player getting 4 hits helps your team score more runs and have better chance to win imo..

The other guy is one and done and walks back to bench sucking 3 out of 4. He could hit solo bomb and K 3 times with sacks loaded. A K is never productive out, whereas a ground ball or deep fly can help you score
    The Stros mgmt. figured out they couldn’t win with hitters like that.

7. willedav said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:18 am

Kinda funny to see former Giants pitchers in box scores yesterday.
    Wheeler got his ass kicked for Mets, giving up 2 early bombs and 6 earned in 4 innings as Jays pounded Mets 12-1. ERA is over 5.00

Heath Hembree who also has ERA over 5.00 gave up solo bomb to A’s Matt Joyce in his1 inning of set up relief for Boston as they held off A’s 6-4.

8. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:44 am

Home run with the strikeouts because chicks dig the long ball.

9. Flavor said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:45 am

still waiting to hear from everyone about this bomb/4 singles question. It’s the same OPS. Baggs was on with Tolbert and he hmmmm’d and haw’d about the question going back and forth and finally never answering it.

10. snarkk said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:53 am

I’ll take the HR.
    With THIS team, 4 singles from the same guy doesn’t mean squat happens outside of that…

11. willedav said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:05 am

Look at it this way–if sacks were loaded every time, bomb guy produces 4 runs total while for the singles hitter 4 is minimum but he could potentially drive in as many as 8 and score 4 times.

If sacks empty bomb guy produces 1 all game the singles hitter 0 but with potential to score 4.
    Even with 1 or 2 on bomb guy will only end up with 2 or 3 total while other has chance to be involved in team scoring more often.

• blade3colorado said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:22 am

What you said.

12. sfsarge said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:18 am

I’ll take the singles guy. More potential for scoring as has already been exquisitely described by willedav

13. zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:21 am

The singles hitter would end up being more fun for the fans to watch. Defenses would adjust by having the outfielders playing very shallow, and there would be less space for the singles hitter to find a hit, and it would be fun to see how he kept hitting singles in that situation.

14. snarkk said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:23 am

Why does everybody want Mac back, if the singles hitter is favored?…

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:30 am

Because Pence sucks now?

• willedav said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:59 am

question is extreme hypothetical situation tho–nobody bats 1.000 or hits 162 a bomb every day.
      I like what I saw out of Mac and would love to see what he could do over 400 ABs…if he could stay on the field.

• unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:03 am

Because his replacement isn’t hitting singles, let alone bombs,

15. chipower9 said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:30 am

Knowing what we know (or don’t – ducks on the pond, or not), I am going with the four singles, for the same reasons WillieD shared…

Regarding Pence – I heard on KNBR this morn that he asked for permission to go to SoCal and work with a private hitting coach. They supposedly worked on his swing and stance, etc. Pence is subsequently 7 for 15, two doubles and two Ks. Pence may be done, but there isn’t a guy on this squad who wants to help his team more than Pence. I think he deserves one more shot to see if he has anything left. If not, he’ll be the first to admit it….

And yes, bums on pace to lose 100…THAT is a thing of beauty…

• alleykat69 said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:42 am

It’s the same guy who worked with Turner&Williamson. Why don’t we just hire this guy FT and get rid of are 2 headed loser hitting coaches?

16. Flavor said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:46 am

San Dawg, it’s this type of insolence that’s gonna keep your Kings at the bottom for a long, long time.

• sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 10:57 am

“When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds—pretty standard stuff”

17. gianthead said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:55 am

Bit of an extreme in your question. Either the players hits 162 homers or 648 base hits. Obviously someone hitting 162 home runs would be the preferred option…the question is equivalent to would you rather receive oral sex every day or…

18. YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:57 am

Funny, I was thinking about that question:
    The home run hitter is easy to break down. He scored 162 runs, one less than Gehrig in 1931.
    112 were solo shots, about 34 had one man on, 13 had two, 3 grand slams = 233 RBIs or 37 more than Hack Wilson’s record 196.
    The math for the guy with 648 singles is way too complicated for my inadequate brain. Figure he’d score maybe 275 runs, drive in 200.
    The home run hitter averages four unproductive outs per game, the singles hitter only makes one. That’s a tremendous difference. It’s easier to hit with a runner on base, so the singles hitter positively impacts the batters behind him. There is never a runner on base for the guy batting after the home run hitter.

• gianthead said, on May 17, 2018 at 10:03 am

And with my comparison below….the great base hitter like Gwynn won exactly zero championships but Reggie helped win 4? Or was it 5?

• YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on May 17, 2018 at 10:30 am

Yeah, because Reggie played with guys who went four for five, while Gwynn had hitters batting .200 who struck out four times a game

• gianthead said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:11 am

I think that is likely what you would get if you had a hitter going 4-4 every game. Probably not a lot of base runners and pitcher not overly concerned giving a singles hitter another single…

19. gianthead said, on May 17, 2018 at 10:00 am

Along the lines of MacDog posting, referring to Dave Kingman is a bit loaded. How about would you rather watch Reggie Jackson or Tony Gwynn. Gwynn was exceptional to watch but I pick Reggie…

• Macdog said, on May 17, 2018 at 10:34 am

If it’s who would I rather watch, Kingman’s ABs were must-see.

20. YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on May 17, 2018 at 10:21 am

Another question: where do these guys hit?
    The 648 singles hitter bats third.
    If you put a guy who strikeouts four times a game third or fourth, your team might score fewer than average runs.
    This is such an obvious question, I’m shocked Tolbert the bettor or Baggarly the Jeopardy champion couldn’t figure it out. It’s like asking who’s better, Carew or Hundley.

21. YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on May 17, 2018 at 10:46 am

Another question: If you had a lineup of each, who would score more runs per game,
    The home run hitters would score nine runs every game. I’m not even sure it’s mathematically possible for a team with 36 hits to score fewer than nine, but then again, they’d also be making four outs per game.

• YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on May 17, 2018 at 10:54 am

Er, obviously both teams players would make three outs per game. Singles would go 4 for 7. If you had the right sinkerballer and power pitcher, it might be possible to hold them to nine runs.

22. chipower9 said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:02 am

Regarding the Warriors, I expect them to come back and win the next two, on the way to winning the series in six.

And LJ, thanks for the correction last thread, the Warriors, under Kerr, did lose at home to the Cavs in 2016.

23. sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:02 am

I’ll take the guy who homers every game. I like getting the sure thing every 4 at bats and then I can try to put high OBP guys in the line-up ahead of him.

24. djloo27 said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:05 am

I think one or more of you guys are misinterpreting the question. It’s not the same guy doing this every day.
    It’s anyone in the lineup on any given day. You’re not gonna have one guy ending the season with 162 homers or 648 singles. I’ll take the home run and 3 Ks. At least it guarantees a run or more. Four singles sprinkled through a game guarantees nothing…

• unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:30 am

It isn’t a question of a guy doing this forever, It’s the same player on a given day doing one or the other.

• djloo27 said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:38 am

It can’t be the same player doing one or the other on a given day, because it is impossible.
        The question is more like what would you rather have tonight – Posey /HR and 3 Ks or Blanco with 4 singles?
        Then what would you rather have tomorrow – Belt/HR and 3 Ks or Cutch with 4 singles?
        If a single player was capable of doing either one of these things every day the question would be pointless because it’s impossible…

• xoot said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:02 pm

the Belt/Cutch option seems pretty obvious, not that I don’t like Belt’s new-found aggressiveness and occasional splash hits

• YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:15 pm

That’s how the hypothetical question was posed.
        It’s not impossible for a player to score 162 runs, very unlikely to drive in 233.
        It is impossible to hit 648 singles though.

25. unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:28 am

I’m sticking by my answer. 4 hits gets you more opportunities to drive in runs, and create more later. Twin used to say home runs were rally-killers at times.

With no other input, 4singles is greater than one home run.

• djloo27 said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:40 am

No, it’s not…

• unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Yes, it is . . .

• djloo27 said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:33 pm

We can settle this outside after school…

• chipower9 said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:50 pm

LMAO…so, where you guys meeting after school? I don’t want to miss this one. Check your guns and knives at the door…

26. unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:30 am

Nice Austin Power(les)s quote, Dawg . . .

• sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:35 am

Thx—it’s one of my favs.

• unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:13 pm

Isn’t there something about Dr. Evil’s mom is a hooker with webbed feet?

27. sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:46 am

Loo’s clarification makes sense. You could either have one guy in your line-up homer every game or have one guy in your line-up hit 4 singles every game. I’d still stick with the homer—even if you couldn’t stack the order in front of one guy.
    That being said, I still don’t buy in to the take that the only way you can win in baseball today is by hitting a bunch of homers.
    THAT being said, I still want the fences to come in at ATT.

28. djloo27 said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:47 am

The question is kind of like this:

29. xoot said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:48 am

the 4 for 4 singles hitter is obviously better because, well, the game also involves fielding, throwing and baserunning. Pointless math tricks aside, who would you rather have: a player who slam dunks 30 times every game or a player who hits 20 three pointers every game? False hypothetical dichotomies don’t seem all that challenging. And I think Tolbert’s overrated, but he is much better than anyone else KNBR foists.

• zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:54 am

I hate to say it, but Tolbert hasn’t been as good since Ralph left. Ralph would say something goofy or ill-informed, and Tom would react to it, and go off on some schtick. All these other pairings that they’ve tried with Tom just haven’t really worked. And the current guy, Lund, is just Tolbert-lite, so you just basically have two guys mostly agreeing on everything.

• YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:22 pm

Tolbert was at his best with Ray Ratto, who’s a much more interesting an informed curmudgeon.
        John Lund doesn’t work at all, too affable, too bland.

30. willedav said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:54 am

Oh comes the dawn I knew there was something else re: life resembles the Flap.
    Saw this quote from Bochy in Jenkins column about only being 3+ back:
    “We’re gonna hit our ups and downs. What’s gonna be important is that we’re resilient.”

• zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:57 am

“If I keep batting a guy with a .650 OPS at lead-off, I believe it will work out.”

• zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 11:58 am

My apologies; Blanco is at .690. But still.

• willedav said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:30 pm

well it did win 2 of 3. I hear you but the first night the LU with Blanco scored 10. Right now esp with Hanson hurt, the options for CF and leadoff aren’t much. Order of the LU is one of those endless arguments…I just don’t think who hits leadoff matters that much.

• djloo27 said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:43 pm

Guarantee Pence gets a crack at it…

• Lurker John said, on May 17, 2018 at 1:32 pm

Of course, Loo. He’s Bochy’s guy.

31. zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Well, the Dodgers are going to win today, but only winning 6 of 7 when they played the Reds and the Marlins is a big flop for them. This was the part of the schedule they feasted on in recent years.

32. zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:10 pm

This is the first season in a long time where I rarely know off-hand who the starting pitcher is for the Giants on a given day. I just have not bothered to sort of memorize what the rotation is this season. I just tune in the game, and say: oh OK, that guy’s the starting pitcher tonight.

33. gianthead said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:27 pm

A player hitting 4 singles in a game could be meaningless and often is…a homer is a homer and at least one run scores.

• gianthead said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Is this today’s yanny vs. laurel debate….by the way. It was not either….clearly says Yammy!

• djloo27 said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:31 pm

I guess it’s a question of whether you prefer the 4 “opportunities” over the one sure thing.
      I’ll take the sure thing…

34. gianthead said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:32 pm

I just looked at that Starbucks posting…did not know it was a Rapaport post. His poscast is awesome and just interviewed this week Festis Ezeli. Great interview. Very freaked out video though….who the hell besides a monkey would even think of this???

• Lurker John said, on May 17, 2018 at 1:31 pm

Yeah, I had to ask myself, “Rapaport the actor?” Funny shit. The way that broad scooped up and hurled that dooker in one fluid motion was epic. Then straight into the ass wipe. His commentary made it even better.

• Flavor said, on May 17, 2018 at 1:38 pm

“straight into the ass wipe” lqtm

35. sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:39 pm

The first time I ever became aware of Tom Tolbert was when Arizona came to play at SDSU when I was a student there. I just googled it and it was 1986. Arizona had a great team. They had Sean Elliott and Craig McMillan (the pride of Cloverdale) and Kenny Lofton too. I had never heard of Tolbert, but he impressed the hell out of me. He was super aggressive and was trying to dunk anything close with two hands. And he had a real cocky, menacing way about him that belies the personality he shows on the radio.
    I later heard an interview with Jerry Tarkanian where he said Tolbert was all set to attend UNLV and then Lute Olson did a shady last second move getting Tolbert to back out of his UNLV commitment. Tark thought he would have had a Final Four team that year with Tolbert.
    As for him on the radio, I’m not a big fan. Really I’m not a fan of sports talk radio in general.

36. Macdog said, on May 17, 2018 at 12:48 pm

Ok, so Lee May didn’t strike out 3 times, but two of his ABs were as unproductive as a K, and another was worse — a DP.

37. Lurker John said, on May 17, 2018 at 1:28 pm

Belt is having a huge year. He’s all over the top 15 in the NL in AVG, HR’s, RBI, OPS, SLG, OBP, BB. If he can finally stay healthy, this will be his benchmark year, the one we’ve all been waiting for.

38. Flavor said, on May 17, 2018 at 1:31 pm

by the way, the questions DOES assume it’s the same guy doing it every day. So, the HR guy ends the year with 162 homers. The dinky singles hitter hits 648 singles. Yes, these are obviously amazing records. Just forget for a moment that it could never happen. So does that change your answer at all? The guy who hits 162 HRs or the guy who hits 648 singles?

• djloo27 said, on May 17, 2018 at 2:59 pm

• xoot said, on May 17, 2018 at 4:05 pm

the technical term is “argumentative.” Dinky.

• xoot said, on May 17, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Which would you rather see every day–superman Barry Bonds blasting a HR into McCovey Cove, or nasty little Charlie Hustle bouncing four singles to RF, on astroturf?

39. Flavor said, on May 17, 2018 at 1:32 pm

I need James to chime in on this before I go to sleep tonight….

40. James said, on May 17, 2018 at 1:40 pm

4-4 with singles every game is a 2000 OPS player. 1 HR every game, 1-4, is a 1250 OPS player..

• Flavor said, on May 17, 2018 at 1:52 pm

well there you go, I knew you’d settle it. Tolbert was saying they both have the same OPS and nobody bothered to even call him on it through the entire 30 minute debate on the radio yesterday. lol. Ok so the 4 singles is better…..

• chipower9 said, on May 17, 2018 at 1:55 pm

Data analytics prevails, again…

• djloo27 said, on May 17, 2018 at 4:00 pm

So by that logic, you would also take a guy who goes 3-4 with 3 singles over the HR 1-4 guy?

41. Flavor said, on May 17, 2018 at 2:07 pm

it’s funny because when he said, multiple times, “the OPS is the same” I did kind of a double take but didn’t run the numbers because it sounded correct. Sure enough, those are not the same OPS.

• YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on May 17, 2018 at 2:52 pm

I thought he said they had the same slugging percentage, which is true.
      The question is more interesting the way Loo inferred it.
      If for each game, you could choose to have at least one player hit a HR and strikeout every other AB or a player hit 4 singles, it does make a difference.
      Irrespective of how batting orders are constructed, the laws of probability dictate both of these would most likely happen at leadoff, then become less likely at much different rates the further you go down the lineup. It’s extremely unlikely someone getting four hits isn’t batting 1-2- or 3. In the NL if your number 8 hitter gets a HR, it’s great, if your 3 hitter strikes out four times, not so much. I think no matter how you break it down, four singles from a player near the top of the lineup will create more runs. Maybe not this hit scarce season though.

42. sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 3:07 pm

I’m not so sure the OPS discrepancy settles it. I’m still sticking with the home run scenario—–even if we’re doing it Loo Style with the home run randomly distributed throughout the line-up from day to day.

43. sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 3:25 pm

@Unca: that sounds right regarding Dr. Evil’s mom. I also know dad suffered from low grade narcolepsy and had a penchant for buggery.

44. chipower9 said, on May 17, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Damn…no Blanco in lead-off…😉

1. Gorkys Hernandez (R) LF
    2. Andrew McCutchen (R) RF
    3. Buster Posey (R) C
    4. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    5. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Austin Jackson (R) CF
    8. Kelby Tomlinson (R) 2B
    9. Jeff Samardzija (R) P

45. unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 4:42 pm

IF there ever could be such a thing he’s Blanco lite.

Like water lite.

• zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 4:46 pm

Gorkys has an OPS of .641 at the moment. He’s not even at the .650 threshold I mentioned earlier.

46. Flavor said, on May 17, 2018 at 5:00 pm

I’m taking the guy with the 2.000 OPS and I’m not even much of an OPS guy.

47. zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 5:06 pm

Bobby Bonds put up a career OPS of .824, mostly batting lead-off. But what he mostly heard about were his strikeouts, in a pre-SABR era when people flipped out over the amount of strikeouts a player had.

48. James said, on May 17, 2018 at 6:31 pm

Here is the one possible stretch argument for Joey Gallo over Rod Carew: If these guys are only getting 4 PAs a game, that means that overall the team sucks on offense. Many of Rod’s singles may be going to waste. But that still does not make up for a 750 OPS gap. Loo’s 3-4, 1500 OPS Carew scenario makes it far more likely that Joey Gallo’s 1250 is at least as valuable.

49. snarkk said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:01 pm

The name of the game is to score runs.
    The HR dude is guaranteed to score 162 times in a season by operation of only his own ABs.
    The other 4-4 dude, by operation of only his own ABs, is not guaranteed to score any runs, nor guaranteed to drive in any runs…

• sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Preach!

• James said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:44 pm

In part the answer relies on your assumptions about the rest of the line up. If you assume the rest of the line up is filled with major league hitters, even ones who are collectively below average, the 4-4 guy will produce more runs. There ain’t no argument.

• unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:50 pm

So you’re saying that the guy that goes 4-4 never drives anyone tn?

Not buying it

• xoot said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:57 pm

yeah, I think after the novel Moneyball was published a whole lot of analysis showed up to demonstrate the relationship between on base percentage and runs scored. And then there are good old fashioned RBIs.

• James said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:24 pm

The analysis preceded “Moneyball.”

50. chipower9 said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:21 pm

Nice start by Smardge…

Now let’s score some runs…lots of ‘em…

51. blade3colorado said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:29 pm

Oh, and did I mention that the dumb fuck can’t steal bases? Him and Blanco, 2 of a kind.

52. chipower9 said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:29 pm

Lame-ass base running and pathetic attempt at a slide…

53. Macdog said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:32 pm

Shouldn’t Cutch get a little blame for looking at strike 3 in a hit-and-run?

54. blade3colorado said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:33 pm

He still sucks IMO. But yeah, nice grab.

55. Lurker John said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Fucking terrible 2-strike pitch to a guy batting .148. Fuck, Samardzija.

56. unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:46 pm

Fuck Samarj. BP shit here. The pitcher gets an. RBI knock.

57. unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:47 pm

He’s got a chance to get out of the inning and he throws a lazy curve for a double and
    Gives the pitcher a lollipop. Now he’s looking at 50 pitches n 2 innings.

58. unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:53 pm

Course we give smarglebargle a break with a 6 pitch inning.

59. blade3colorado said, on May 17, 2018 at 7:54 pm

Just read an article about Bettis. Feel good story. John Kruk – who also battled testicular cancer – reached out to him and they became friends.

By the by, Amy actually looks attractive/nice tonight. Don’t know if she caught up on her sleep or what, but she looks way better that what I’ve seen previously.

60. xoot said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:01 pm

Smardz is terrible and Kruk and Kuip want to talk about tonight’s cheap backpack giveaway. Piles of bad food will show up on camera soon. At least we’ll always have the memory of Kuip’s repeatedly mispronounced references last year to the Penis Bobblehead. Just as he could never pronounce Morse, he could not pronounce the name of the comic strip Peanuts.

• Macdog said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:06 pm

lulz.

61. blade3colorado said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:05 pm

Thank God for clueless Story swinging at that ball.

• xoot said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:18 pm

he tried to uppercut a pitch at his chin!

62. willedav said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:08 pm

some action

63. unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:08 pm

These Carl’s Jr. ads make me want to instantly smash my remote against the nearest wall. Like the fucking aaamco car repair as. Eeee. Eeeee? EEEEEE? EEEEEEEEEE!!!

Hey, an xbh!

• zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:14 pm

I can’t stand the commercial with the condescending schmuck who’s a financial advisor of some kind. Yeah, I’m sure his company can make everyone fabulously wealthy.

• zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:17 pm

• xoot said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:20 pm

I’ll bet he can make rich people richer when the market’s on a long bull run.

64. unca_chuck said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Action less Jackson less!!

65. Pasalon said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:20 pm

That seemed like an over abundance of information from Amy G and the executive chef.

66. zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:24 pm

Wow, there are many online sites spewing hatred for these commercials:
    “If you watch a lot of television, especially CNN, as I do, then you know the bearded TD Ameritrade douchebag. He patronizes women, telling them that their life savings is a fortune (….ha, as if! Watch him try not to giggle at their poorness). He therapizes stay-at-home moms condescendingly and, I assume fraudulently, because who the hell is a financial therapist, you creeper? And he does it all while talking out of his fussy beard. I hate that beard. I really want to punch that financial stalker straight in the beard.”

67. xoot said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:28 pm

anyone else in Calif. puzzled by the constant Lt. Governor primary political ads during the games? I’ve never before heard of the woman running and the guy, Jeff Bleich (well-known in the legal world before he became Obama’s ambassador to Australia), is running only one ad that’s so stupid he seems to be urging people not to vote for him.

• zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:50 pm

I’ve been doing real well mentally tuning out political ads.

68. zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:30 pm

Ha! Someone created a dartboard.

69. willedav said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:42 pm

wow more action. this guy coming out of hibernation would be great lift to the LU.

70. zumiee said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:46 pm

Specs is a classic bench guy who gets worse if he plays too much. All bench guys are like that.

• sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:51 pm

See Blanco, Gregor.

71. sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 8:58 pm

You guys post a lot of funny stuff on here, but the “Penis Bobblehead” bit is the biggest lulz I’ve had on here in weeks.
    Fucking Kuip.

72. blade3colorado said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:00 pm

Bomb . . . no doubt on that replay.

73. willedav said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:00 pm

Dang Belt is turning into the bomb a game guy with 1.250 OPS.

• willedav said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:01 pm

At ATT no less.

• xoot said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:14 pm

Belt’s bomb was a lot more entertaining than Cutch’s SOs. I was counting on 4/4 from him tonight.

74. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:01 pm

Night game, deep part of the yard, high wall. That’s an absolute bomb by Belt.

75. sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:01 pm

At SanDawg park, that ball is a no-doubter that almost clears both the home and visiting bullpens.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Lulz, I’m assuming there’s no micro brews at SanDawg Park. I mean except for shock top

• sandog said, on May 17, 2018 at 9:06 pm

You got that right Dirt. No brown beer at San Dawg Park.