Putting An L On The Board

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 28, 2018

Friends, prepare for annihilation. Total wipe out destruction. Look away, this one is going to be hideous.

I’d like to say, “hey this is baseball, anything can happen.” But I don’t really believe that anything can happen. About the only thing I can think of to hold on to is that Colorado is only 9-12 at home. But that’s obviously a freak stat that will correct itself starting tonight.

Thank God we have The Dubs to distract us from this nightmare.

Hopefully bad things don’t come in twos.

Giants calling up Derek Rodriguez (Pudge’s son). These jokers with the hair, Jesus.

Screenshot 2018-05-28 at 7.01.15 AM

1. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 7:01 am

Still shaking my head about the 0fer on people naming ONE book. It would have been perfect if Kimmel had asked the DC moron the question. Our country is in trouble.

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 7:03 am

i’m waiting for Zumiee to chime in on that one.

• djloo27 said, on May 28, 2018 at 7:45 am

I wouldn’t take anything seriously on Hollywood Blvd…

• Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:21 am

Well, he’s written several, so I’m guessing you’d whiff on that one.

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:27 am

No, he hasn’t written ANY books, i.e., his ghost writers have. By the by, The ghost writer for Art of the Deal commented that he never saw any bookshelf, nor any books in his office. He had issues getting Trump to proofread the book, so he resorted to reading it out to him.

2. willedav said, on May 28, 2018 at 7:16 am

That Kimmel vid was pretty bizarre. Dr. Seuss, from 3 people.

Weird thing about SF on the road to me is distinct lack of pop, everywhere except ATL. They went to Pit, Philly, Hou and now Cubs with almost zero pop. Last night it was 9 hits, all singles. And of course the bomb from Baez that turned the game around.

Blade was right tho, Chatwood was dangerous. 5 walks in 3 innings, pitches everywhere including up and in. All I could think of was Steve Blass. Once he left giants did nothing.

3. alleykat69 said, on May 28, 2018 at 7:17 am

Couldn’t hurt bringing up fresh blood from the minors to pitch, the old blood has been chomped up pretty good lately in the Shark Tank..Who’s the latest phantom injury??

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 7:39 am

This gives them a legitimate excuse to tell Pence to take one for the team and stay down in the minors due to us needing pitching. Other than Rodriguez being a quasi-famous kid, I can’t find much on him. Drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 6th round of the 2011 MLB June Amateur Draft from Monsignor Edward Pace HS and has never appeared in a MLB game.

Spot on about the Shark Tank AK. After I saw Blach begin the bottom of the third with eleven straight balls, I said to myself, “next . . . “

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 7:48 am

Also, you can’t really argue with this description of Pierce Johnson from McCovey Chronicles:

“This brought in Pierce Johnson, Bruce Bochy’s IDGAF anymore pitcher. Johnson threw Javier Baez a cutter down and away, which isn’t a bad pitch to a normal hitter, but Baez is not a normal hitter. Baez hit a three-run dinger and it almost felt like a mercy. At least one team was doing something right.

Surprisingly, this was the first time Pierce Johnson had allowed an inherited runner to score. In the six previous games Johnson had come in with a runner on, he managed to work out of the jam. It’s surprising because Johnson hasn’t been very good. In 27.1 innings, he’s given up 19 runs on 15 walks and 18 strikeouts. It seems like his role is to eat innings in games that are out of hand, but when the rotation is this bad that’s a role that has to exist.”

4. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 8:01 am

that pic of Pudge’s kid looks more like a dude who should be singing Rico Suave than a dude we’d want climbing the hill for us.

• alleykat69 said, on May 28, 2018 at 8:21 am

I had to look up Rico Suave to see if that was a BS name lol, man I’m old school..

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 8:30 am

It’s a song from the late 80s iforget by who. Will need to look that up too lol

• willedav said, on May 28, 2018 at 8:30 am

Don’t dig the man bun long hair do much but to me the big beards are even worse. Charlie Blackmon Dallas Braden, just odd look on 30 something guys. Don’t understand what self respecting well groomed/well dressed gal who cares a lot about her appearance would like about huge beard.

• Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:27 am

When the dude is making millions, broads are remarkably tolerant.

5. willedav said, on May 28, 2018 at 8:32 am

rico suave lol. Remember a Beavis/butthead where they are in Spanish class and exasperated teacher asks them to say one Spanish word and that’s what one of them says. The other one goes, “burrito?”
    Hilarious program….good music vids too.

6. alleykat69 said, on May 28, 2018 at 8:45 am

Gearrin’s is the worse looking scraggly beard to me.How come he can grow a beard fast, but can’t pitch fast???

7. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 9:05 am

The Kimmel thing reminds me of Sarah Palin not being able to name a newspaper in her interview with Katie Couric. The expression on Couric’s face was priceless.
    I guess ultimately I just feel sorry for people who can’t name a book. There’s a whole life of the mind perhaps shut off to them. A joy of intellectual development. And I don’t necessarily mean the books have to be “highbrow.” The Lefty O’Doul bio I recently finished reading was a fascinating look at a time in the past. It fills in some blanks in my understanding of baseball.
    On his first visit to Candlestick Park, Lefty said, “This is a ridiculous place for a ballpark.” Lefty had GROWN UP in that area. He used to herd sheep on the hill next to the ballpark! He said the winds were so strong sheep would sometimes get knocked over by it.
    This is one of the reasons I love books. 🙂

• Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:37 am

Let’s see if Obama knows how many states are in the Union these days. It was 51 back in 2008. We can play this game all day long, on both sides of the aisle.

How about we give the politics a rest?

8. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 9:13 am

Fun facts: in an 11 year MLB career as mostly a platoon player, O’Doul had 1,140 hits, and batted .349, with an OPS over .900.

9. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 9:25 am

On a recent visit to the library, I checked out a new biography of Eisenhower. I’ve already read a couple of books about him, but his presidency and the ’50s in general continue to interest me.
    In the “stock market” of presidents, Eisenhower’s stock has been rising. Once considered a kind of befuddled old man as president, history is being kind to him, and his stock has been rising. Now he gets more credit for appointing progressive judges to the Supreme Court who would help the Civil Rights movement, and also keeping the U.S. out of major wars. There are bad parts of his presidency, too, But overall he was a net positive to the nation.
    Presidents whose stock has fallen in recent years are Jackson and Wilson, for being generally terrible on racial issues.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 9:37 am

In the “stock market” of presidents, Lincoln continues to rule at #1. He was so great, the more you learn about him, the greater he continues to get.
      In his one term as a Congressman, he risked his political career by opposing the U.S. immoral war with Mexico, in which the U.S. stole Calif., Nevada, and Arizona from Mexico.
      Seeing his strong moral center in that earlier war is so cool.
      Hey, I don’t dislike all Republican presidents. Lincoln, T. Roosevelt, and Eisenhower were great. 🙂

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 9:47 am

I agree with you regarding Eisenhower being a great President (and warrior). Ironically, he coined, predicted and most importantly, warned against the advent of the “military-industrial complex” during his farewell presidential address in 1961.

Fast forward today, he was right, e.g., Vietnam, Latin America, Cambodia, Middle East, Afghanistan, etc., etc.

• djloo27 said, on May 28, 2018 at 9:56 am

My parents sent President Eisenhower a “birth announcement” when I was born. That was a common thing for people to do in the 50’s. The White House sent back some kind of standard congratulatory response. They didn’t seem overly enthused. They were right…

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:18 am

lulz!
        Loo, you are a national treasure.

• djloo27 said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:38 am

Thanks, Zum. Maybe just Brooklyn…

10. djloo27 said, on May 28, 2018 at 9:26 am

Is this new guy going to get a start?
    Have we gone from the Five Fives to the Sickening Six?
    BTW, except for DMD, no one complained about Timmy’s hair when he was winning CYAs…

• alleykat69 said, on May 28, 2018 at 9:35 am

Yeah we all knew he couldn’t transplant that hair to his peach fuzz face..

• xoot said, on May 28, 2018 at 1:13 pm

Lincecum’s hair, Wilson’s beard, Justin Miller’s tatoos . . . that stuff was great, back then.

11. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 9:42 am

I love that Zumiee still visits the library. How long can u use their internet for? It’s free right?

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:04 am

Many internet stations at my local library. It’s free. You get an hour at a time, and if there’s nobody waiting, you can stay on it as long as you want.
      I’ve gone on before on the Flap about how proud I am of my county for voting in a bi-partisan way to fund our county library system with a very slight increase in the sales tax.
      When I despair of how polarized our nation is politically, thinking of my county’s bi-partisan support of our libraries gives me a good feeling.
      My area has a GOP Congressman, yet the area voted for a tax increase to fund the libraries. It seems almost miraculous nowadays.

12. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:12 am

My county has a library system with 13 branches, I think. One of the many nice features is you can check something out at one branch and return it to a different branch. They will do the transporting. That has come in very handy over the years.
    You want to watch TV shows? The library system has an amazing array of TV shows on DVD.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:15 am

I tell people “use the library; you’re helping to pay for it anyway. Get your money’s worth!”

• djloo27 said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:37 am

Did they run the Public Service commercial out west back in the 60’s? It played here constantly during cartoon shows. Can’t find it anywhere – only the lyrics, but any kid from here could still sing it…

There’s a place for you and a place for me,
        it’s the local public library.
        They have books and things that they lend for free
        It’s the latest, it’s the greatest, it’s the library.

Educational, informational,
        entertainment that’s sensational.
        It’s a way of life, it’s for you and me
        It’s the latest, it’s the greatest, it’s the library.

They have histories, they have mysteries
        And for mothers, books of recipes
        See a movie show, hear a symphony
        It’s the latest, it’s the greatest, it’s the library

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 11:12 am

Very good! Never heard it before.

13. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:26 am

• Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:28 am

^^^^Our new pitcher?

• alleykat69 said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:35 am

If he has a fastball that sings up there to the catcher and gets out I’m all good!!

14. alleykat69 said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:33 am

Hey what’s the deal about buying a CD for your car anymore? Shit I went into Best Buy’s & Target that have one little freakin section each with garbage,guess their fazing them out since you can plug in your phone and digital now..

• Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:35 am

Amazon is your friend. I buy most of my CD’s through them and can find most anything.

• Macdog said, on May 28, 2018 at 11:11 am

Getting back to the library theme: I take out CDs from the county library system just like books. They have a great selection.

15. snarkk said, on May 28, 2018 at 10:47 am

Yeah, I’d take one out of three, be happy and get outta town.
    Meanwhile, this Derek Rodriguez kid — he’s either too pretty to get outs, or the hitters will be dazed by his curly locks and just strike out in droves…

16. mrsprtdude said, on May 28, 2018 at 11:04 am

I still love the library, and Barnes and Noble for reading and a coffee is a favorite date night for the wife & I:)

17. mrsprtdude said, on May 28, 2018 at 11:08 am

Question? Who is Rico Rod starting for? Did I miss an injury or just suckitude?

18. mrsprtdude said, on May 28, 2018 at 11:08 am

And lastly…Craig your 3-5 road trip prediction seems optimistic now:(

19. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 11:32 am

O’Doul’s grave site in Colma, CA, in the Bay Area. Quite a marker.

20. snarkk said, on May 28, 2018 at 11:34 am

Cavs beating Celts at Boston proves how good LeBron is, and how bad both of those teams are. Both would probably have had trouble getting to 6th to 8th position in the Western Conference. I’d love to see Dubs in Finals so they could destroy the Cavs, and let LeBron get 38 every game, since Iggy can’t guard him as he’s probably out until next September…

21. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 11:50 am

It’s pleasing to me to learn that the bridge next to the ballpark, Lefty O’Doul Bridge, was named that many decades ago, and wasn’t named that when the ballpark was built, like Willie Mays Plaza, etc., as a Larry Baer type of thing. It’s cool the city had already given Lefty that recognition.

22. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 11:52 am

Iggy being out is not a good development for the W’s. They’re going to need all hands on deck tonight. It looks like Paul might play tonight.

23. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 12:00 pm

Justin Verlander married Kate Upton? Oy vey. Must be nice.

24. xoot said, on May 28, 2018 at 12:09 pm

I like the Oakland libraries that loan out sledge hammers, chain saws, bolt cutters, long levels and wheel barrows and so forth. I get my books from City Lights and Moe’s, usually. Streaming music (sonos) has me hooked. Everything Amazon sells gets streamed, I think. Lightnin Hopkins right now. Watch out for that middle-brow shit. It’ll kill you dead.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Wow, that’s quite a library! I was curious about it so I looked it up. They loan out thousands of tools.

25. snarkk said, on May 28, 2018 at 12:18 pm

Snelten waived from the 40 man so Goldilocks can come up…

• alleykat69 said, on May 28, 2018 at 12:32 pm

No loss, Snelten was more mechanical then Rusty the Robot 🤖 they had above the RF wall…

26. mrsprtdude said, on May 28, 2018 at 12:22 pm

Suarez not starting tonight?

• snarkk said, on May 28, 2018 at 12:27 pm

According to KNBR a few minutes ago he is…

27. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Greg Bird is back and hits a cheapo Yankee Stadium rightfield HR off Verlander..

28. xoot said, on May 28, 2018 at 12:57 pm

mind boggling news: following his recent (eighth known) concussion, the Giants have released Hector Sanchez

• snarkk said, on May 28, 2018 at 1:18 pm

Giants management IMO has knowingly abused and taken advantage of this guy, and it stinks. I have no idea the circumstances of the release, whether they finally refused to play him at catcher any more and he wanted release to play for someone else, or what. I hope it went down that way. The intrepid beat reporters should do a full blown story on this, but fat chance of that. Giants owe him a non playing career in the organization…

29. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 1:19 pm

Rizzo with another cheap shot on a catcher. He did a cheap shot on a catcher last year, too. He’s injured two catchers now.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 1:21 pm

Last year’s was worse. He went away from the plate to blow up the catcher, then griped when he got flack. That was the whole point of the new rules.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 1:25 pm

Today was a leg-whip to break up the double play, which the new rules might not cover. But, man, people do the leg-whip at the feet, and Rizzo’s was at the knees it looked like. Left the catcher writhing on the ground in pain.
        Madden defended the dirty play last year, and he’ll defend his guy again.

30. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 1:32 pm

Scott Cousins ended up with 190 plate appearances in his MLB career, and a .179 batting average.

31. xoot said, on May 28, 2018 at 1:48 pm

anyone else see the photo of Barry Bonds and Snoop Dogg smiling together at the Napa music festival yesterday? Barry looked very relaxed and content.

32. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 2:15 pm

It’s going to be a tough game tonight, but the weather conditions are not typical Sherpa weatjer – air is heavy (humidity) and we might have a game delay either due to rain and/or thunderstorms (lightening). Regardless, the game will get played, so if you’re playing DFS, feel free to plug in players from the game.

In my opinion, we have to have the lead before Ottavino and Davis take over. Quite a story with Ottavino, i.e., he had a 5.06 ERA last year and now might be the most filthy reliever this side of Josh Hader. Ottavino is at a 0.95 ERA, 0.64 WHIP and 45 strikeouts in 28 1/3 innings this season.

33. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 2:25 pm

34. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 2:27 pm

it must be pretty cool for a guy like Pudge to see his son make it to the major leagues.

35. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 3:02 pm

I hadn’t seen or thought about this song in 30 years. Pretty close resemblance to Pudge’s son don’t you think?

36. James said, on May 28, 2018 at 3:08 pm

First Bay Area tool lending library started in Berkeley, 1979. BPL once had an extensive, well-curated DVD collection; like other well-funded systems, they now offer Kanopy streaming free to any resident with a library card. Not quite Film Struck, but not too shabby.

On a recent trip to Seattle, we visited the downtown library, which is well worth a stop. Not sure any one will ever use the collection again, but it is an amazing space.

37. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2018 at 3:13 pm

30 year old white guys wearing Jheri curl (I’m looking at Crawfish) is a little odd, eh?

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 3:15 pm

there were a lot of entertainers back then who pretended like they could dance but it was really just the same move over and over. This dude, Axl Rose, Vanilla Ice, Hammer, etc….
      Gerardo was in the movie Colors, too

38. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 3:14 pm

SFG @ COL – Update: Models (and current radar) showing a line of showers and storms arriving around first pitch. The heaviest of the rain should clear east, with lighter rain lingering. My feelings are that they play this game after a late start, but there’s at least some chance of a PPD

39. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2018 at 3:15 pm

The beard thing and the hair thing was cool when our guys invented it. Now it’s everywhere and overdone.

40. Macdog said, on May 28, 2018 at 3:25 pm

41. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 3:35 pm

Yeah, James, I have mixed feelings about libraries like the big Seattle one, and the big one in SF, too. Incredible architectural wonders, but they feel out of scale to me; too far from human scale, like cathedrals instead of libraries.

42. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 3:47 pm

Jefferson county (Belmar/Lakewood for me) Library systerm is excellent. Right now I have two Barry Eisler books I am reading. I like free and yes, the WiFi/PC is free as well. Most important, it’s within walking distance of my condo and is adjacent to the outstanding open space park, which has trails, lakes, streams, museum, and a small concert venue that is very similar to Shoreline Park. Only local bands, so the concert fee is usually under $5 dollars.

Like I said earlier, there’s likely going to be a rain delay, but this game will definitely be completed.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:07 pm

So many interesting authors out there. I had never even heard of Eisler.

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:12 pm

If you like Thrillers, Eisler is one of the best. His John Rain and Livia Lone (female heroine) books rock. Start at the beginning for each. Good Reads have them in order . . . https://www.goodreads.com/search?q=Barry+Eisler

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Thanks! I’m getting ready to load up on some summer reading. 🙂

43. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm

44. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:02 pm

45. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:02 pm

We lived within decent walking distance of a small library when I was a kid. It had the SF Chronicle with its awesomely cool green sports section. For the size of the library, it had a good selection of sports books. I also got hooked on sci/fi. Heinlein, Bradbury, and all those folks.

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:58 pm

You might like Vernor Vinge, especially A Fire Upon The Deep and his follow-up, A Deepness In The Sky.

46. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:13 pm

i still can’t get over the “name a book” video……

• xoot said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:32 pm

I started paying attention when that young guy mentioned Moby Dick. Then I just smh and quit.

Library reading rooms are often wonderful places to do research, the more grand, the more reverent the better imo, and digging through the underground stacks is always kind of fun. (Where else are you going to find the collected works of Edward Bernays? Or Nimmer on Copyright? I’m not going to buy those tomes, but when I need them in hard copy that’s where I find them.)

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:40 pm

“Horse,” by Moby Dick.
        Uh….OK……

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:41 pm

Very very cool.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:42 pm

Regarding the research in the reading room.

47. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:14 pm

48. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:21 pm

i honestly don’t see how the Warriors can lose tonight with Paul out. I mean, come on, this is in the bag, right? Right!>!!???!?!?!

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:29 pm

Cutting down the turnovers will be so key, of course. I love Curry, awesome brilliant future Hall of Famer, but he can drive me nuts with the turnovers sometimes.

• James said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:38 pm

If the W’s win, the counter to the “if only we had Paul” argument isn’t just Igoudala’s absence. It’s the regular season record. The injuries cost GS the chance at home court advantage.

• James said, on May 28, 2018 at 4:45 pm

If Harden and one of their other shooters is hot, and only one of the Big 3 is hitting for the W’s, it’s curtains. For all of the analytics and WilleD, Chuck’s etc detailed and persuasive descriptions of strategic failures, I’m incapable of seeing anything decisive beyond whether or not one team is hitting its shots.

• Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:02 pm

Really? Wow, hope you’re right. It’s a game 7, just about anything can happen.

49. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:04 pm

The W’s must come out strong. They don’t do it often, but I believe tonight is one of those times. Getting down big early would doom them, imo.

50. Macdog said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:06 pm

So, who do you all like, the Caps or the Knights?

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:11 pm

i thought hockey ended. No?

51. zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:18 pm

Posey flying around the bases! 🙂
    Longo still can’t believe Cutch didn’t score on that double the other day.

52. djloo27 said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:25 pm

Suarez can’t cough up this lead fast enough…

53. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:26 pm

Death by Fiving

54. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:27 pm

Kruk is so dense. The ball carries FURTHER in higher humidity. This is a well proven fact that Kruk seems to want to not believe just because he thinks heavy humid air means the ball has more trouble traveling through it. It’s the opposite. Kruk is a simpleton.

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:38 pm

I can see why he might think that a ball would go farther on a dry day than on a humid day, especially in Colorado. However, for every water molecule that is added to the air, we displace a heavier nitrogen or oxygen molecule. Since the addition of humidity actually makes the air less dense, a ball will go farther on a humid day than it will on a dry day. Like you said, this is basic science.

I forgot what you call it Flav (you had a web site that you referenced), but air pressure is the biggest factor in how far a ball will carry. At higher elevations (see Sherpaland), air has a lower density. When the air density is lower, baseballs can travel further.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:38 pm

Rainy weather is low air pressure.
      Hot dry weather is high pressure.
      It’s on TV weather reports every day, but old ballplayers like Krukow don’t make the connection, I guess.

55. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:42 pm

I can see this is going to be free taco bell day tomorrow.

56. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:46 pm

“There’s no doubt in my mind that Suarez will be a big league pitcher for a long time”—Kruk

Really? Not a single doubt about Suarez? That is an incredible statement from Kruk

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:48 pm

Krukow has 50 people being future big league managers.

• xoot said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:34 pm

I heard that. I thought, well, let’s see him go more than five tonight.

57. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:49 pm

Gorked!

58. gianthead said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:55 pm

Gorkys had the most abs in baseball last year without hitting a home run but now has 6…oh yeah he is definitely not taking anything…

59. Pasalon said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:55 pm

Won’t end well for the dude in the background selling cotton candy in the rain.

60. gianthead said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:58 pm

As I was typing that I am definitely rooting for the Knights, Caps tie it.

• gianthead said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Reason #1 I am rooting against the Caps is because of all the Caps/Nats/Skins fans here…I want them all unhappy. One friend, who thought Giants had no chance – well all Nats fans thought we had no shot in 2014 even though that was our third run to a championship – actually argued with me that Art Monk was a better wide receiver than Jerry Rice. None of the all-time records that Rice holds mattered.

These are brain dead sports fans…go Dubs!!!

61. Flavor said, on May 28, 2018 at 5:59 pm

I now bid you all good day as I head over to TNT to watch what will be another great victory by an NBA dynasty.

62. djloo27 said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:02 pm

The Rockets logo looks like it was scrawled by one of the Manson girls…

63. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:05 pm

I’m shocked. Three ideas on Gorkys: he is taking PEDs; he’s this year’s version of Andres Vungo Torres; or, we are seeing late career blossoming of a great player.

• Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:15 pm

He hit a hanging changeup into the third row of the LF bleachers. Why not. Hardly Ruthian.

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:18 pm

Yes, “hardly Ruthian” and also done at Coors, but Gorkys was a complete zero last season. Equally important, is his age of 30 years old. Seriously, tell me how many guys do this at his age?

• Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:28 pm

I dunno, he may not hit another the rest of the way. My point was, it’s not like he turned around a 96 mph heater like you might expect a juicer to do.

• djloo27 said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:19 pm

The way I remember it Torres started to show signs in 2009 before having his breakout 2010.
      Much like Gorkys last year…

64. gianthead said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:13 pm

Klay did the one thing he could not do…KD HAS TO TAKEOVER!!!

65. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:14 pm

Thompson with a boneheaded start to the game. Quit jumping into Harden! Quit reaching!

66. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:16 pm

Jesus. The one guy that can’t get into foul trouble.

67. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:17 pm

Hack a Capella?

68. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:19 pm

Durant looks lost early.

69. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:19 pm

Wow. How to lose the game. 5 ORs so far. Hou should be up by 12

70. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:21 pm

Durant needs to step up big. I expect Harden to disappear by mid way through the 3rd.

71. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:22 pm

Klay may not come back until 3;30 left in the half.

72. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:23 pm

Got to stop these 2nd chance possessions.

73. djloo27 said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:23 pm

I think it’s the 20th anniversary of the Bonds bases loaded intentional walk which in my memory took place on the same day Phil Hartman was murdered by his psycho wife…

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:28 pm

Also a year ago today Strickland drilled Harper and ended Morse’s career.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Or a year ago on Memorial Day, I should say.

74. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:27 pm

Durant off to a miserable start. Miller was right, he just stands around when he doesn’t have the ball.

75. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:30 pm

Not the first quarter the Warriors were looking for, not that I expected anything less from Kerr’s boys.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2018 at 6:37 pm

I remember Kerr’s frustration with the slow starts earlier in the season. He said: “We start four All Stars!”