Back in Black

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 6, 2018

Bum was ok last night. In fact, he could have used more *O’s* and *K’s*. But whatever, he’s back and he has to come back and pitch his ass off if we are going to do anything this year.

I’m not gonna freak out if the Dubs lose tonight. I want to see them win the championship at Oracle. Picking where you want your team to win it all is a pretty dangerous game to play, I know. The other thing I want: No crazy stuff with the Cleveland fans. They’re all nuts and the Warriors have gotten completely in their head. Tonight is going to be a crazy pressure cooker where deindividuation can occur and I am concerned for the safely of Draymond, Steph, KD, etc. Malice in the Palace type of stuff….

Let’s also see what kind of impact Bum’s return has on our Fives. I firmly believe it’s important to have an ace on the staff who can provide leadership that guides the rest of the staff. Stratton is the first man up to test that theory…..

1. willedav said, on June 6, 2018 at 7:43 am

Agree 100% Flav’s last paragraph. the younger 5s all need someone to look up to and set example of how you go about your business at this level if you want to stay there. I still think pitching, esp from SPs, most important factor for how competitive Giants ultimately are.

Good close exciting ballgame, Giants D had some issues. Plenty of chances to win right up to end. Interesting Bum said what he really felt bad about was the AB.

See if SPs not named bum can build on success of recent starts. Holland Strat Suarez still with ERAs just under 5.00. Like to see weekend wasn’t a fluke and SPS can hold down other teams, esp on road trip. Phils btw walked into Wrigley and slapped Cubs around 6-1.

Gorks back to reality. June, and Giants still need to figure out CF.

2. willedav said, on June 6, 2018 at 7:57 am

Hope those going today have good game to see.
    No way for me to watch day game and not sure I’d understand it, but how do you get from log in at FB to watch the game, on either a phone/PC/TV?

• blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:18 am

I’m not on FB anymore, so no idea . . . However, seeing you post reminded me to give you (and Bozo) a shout out regarding some new music – to me anyway – I have been listening to. I call it “Scratchy Back Porch Blues.” LOL . . . Seriously, I began listening to these old songs about a month ago via Spotify and Pandora. Love them while I am trading stocks during the day. Most, I can’t recall the names, but here are a few . . .

I can’t be satisfied – Muddy Waters.
      All of Robert Johnson’s songs
      Mojo Hand (along with other songs by Lightin’ Hopkins)
      Empty Bed Blues – Bessie Smith
      All Around Man – Bo Carter
      Anna Lou Blues – Tampa Red

Also, listening to King Solomon Hill, J.B. Lenoir, Little Walter, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Ma Rainey, Lead Belly, etc., etc . . . Sheesh, these names . . . I love them all. LOL

• willedav said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:23 am

wow good stuff. Any muddy waters compilation from Chess days with little walter is fantastic. Can’t be Satisfied has wonderful guitar work. For fuller band, try Can’t Spend what you ain’t got/can’t lose what you never had.

lotta blues fans here who could point you to other artists too. Hope Bozos are OK.

• chipower9 said, on June 6, 2018 at 9:27 am

Love the blues…Mississippi Delta, Mississippi Hill Country, Chicago…many styles, all wonderful, IMO.

Have you heard from Bozo, Steve? I have been wondering how he is doing.

You making any trips back to the states next year? I want to plan a trip to Wrigley when the Giants visit the Windy City, next year.

• blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:26 am

Are you talking about Blind Boy Fuller Willie?

3. Lurker John said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:19 am

Bum did hit his job and kept the team in the game. He was probably too amped up and he’s still building up his are strength, so I’ve no doubts he’ll be fine. But you leave 11 runners on base, including at least 5 for your star catcher in two separate prime spots, you deserve to lose.

As for the W’s, it looks like Iggy is going to play, so one more body to throw at LeBron. It won’t hurt.

4. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:53 am

Heading to the yard today to catch the club’s clear #2. Zum, I’ll be looking for you. Tall Japanese guy with a Subway sandwich, right? Stratton in the top 2 for wins in the NL is a great illustration of the meaningless W/L stat. Still a chance to take the series. Go Giants!

• chipower9 said, on June 6, 2018 at 9:29 am

LMAO. Zumie – tall yes. Japanese, no. Have fun Flappers, and bring us a W and series win.

• Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 9:50 am

Tall not Japanese

• YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on June 6, 2018 at 12:37 pm

Meaningless? Thought that was the whole point of playing the game.
      There are only two measures of success for starter, whether their team wins the game and innings pitched to put their performance into context.
      If he gets a win, it means the starter went five innings and left with a lead or pitched a complete game. In the NL, he may have helped himself to a ‘W’ by getting a hit or laying down a bunt.
      If he loses, he allowed the go-ahead run to score.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 6, 2018 at 7:25 pm

It’s a meaningless stat for measuring pitching performance.

5. gianthead said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:55 am

Why SD chicks are cool…

Heroic fan catches foul ball in beer, chugs beer

• Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 9:49 am

that’s awesome. Here’s an easier link to it

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 6, 2018 at 9:59 am

That was pretty hot.

• chipower9 said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:14 am

I want to party with that woman! One more reason I need to get my ass down to San Diego and catch a Giants-Padre game or two.

• gianthead said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:16 am

Cool thanks…you know me and technology dont get along…

• alleykat69 said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:42 am

Bitchin play! And like Chi said I want to party with that woman😄🍺

• unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 11:50 am

Been to Petco but not to a game. That area (Gas Lamp District) is outstanding. Bars everywhere and beautiful scenery.

6. chipower9 said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:13 am

Blade – on the topic of the blues, you mentioned Robert Johnson, who is considered the king of the Delta blues. If you want to check-out a different sun-genre, give RL Burnside, “Mississippi”Fred McDowell, Robert Balfour, and Junior Kimbrough a listen…they are all purveyors of Mississippi Hill Country blues. Definitely a different sound than the Delta blues. Good stuff, IMO.

• blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:22 am

Yeah, I’m actually listening to Johnson’s Cross Road Blues while I type this. Mississippi Fred is next (Good Morning Little Schoolgirl) . . . I also like the other Mississippi dude, “Mississippi John Hurt” – his Coffee Blues is excellent, especially while I’m drinking my morning java. Grin.

7. blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:18 am

Chi, I haven’t spoken with John since I left FB in late April. By the by, I am in the States right now, but heading to Vietnam on the 26th. I will be in California in late August.

• chipower9 said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:27 am

Late August. We should try to get together if it is in the cards….

So, you don’t have a phone number for John? If I dig, I can probably find an email.

• blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:40 am

I have a number somewhere (from my cross country road trip a couple of years ago, but it seems you contacted him. If I find it, I will message you via Messenger, which I still have).

Sounds great. I would love to get together. By the by Flavor, do you still work out at Golds? I think you said it closed, right? If so, how do you keep in shape now?

8. chipower9 said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:33 am

I just shot the resident clown an email…

9. alleykat69 said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:38 am

I’ll tell you guys one thing and Snarkk mentioned it last night, Longoria has to tighten up his defense, made one nice play on the barehanded, but his confusion on a ball that was obviously his that he gave up on and let Crawford get it with no play was pathetic.Then the one that went under his glove they gave a charitable hit for was ridiculous too should of been a error.Dont know how he’s won GG reputation only?

• blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:41 am

Agree AK. His defense is hit and miss. Already well on his way to his worst season defensively by far.

• Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:45 am

Defensive ratings have a long way to go before I trust them. Not even close to offensive stats IMO

• blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:49 am

Actually Flav, I was referring to his errors (9). Not even at mid-season and he’s on pace to pass his worst season in that department. Agree with you though about most advanced defensive ratings.

• Macdog said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:54 am

It probably sounds crazy, but: Longo played over half his games with the Rays on artificial turf, so maybe he’s having a tough time adjusting to fielding full-time on grass fields? That came to mind after the ball went under his glove last night and was ridiculously ruled, as AK said, a charitable hit.

• Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 10:58 am

Let’s see where’s he’s at with errors by the end of the year. He could easily go on a run of no errors for 2-3 weeks, he’d be back on the beam

10. chipower9 said, on June 6, 2018 at 11:02 am

UGH…Actionless Fucking Jackson in the line-up today…

1. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    2. Pablo Sandoval (S) 1B
    3. Andrew McCutchen (R) RF
    4. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    5. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    6. Mac Williamson (R) LF
    7. Nick Hundley (R) C
    8. Austin Jackson (R) CF
    9. Chris Stratton (R) P

11. blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 11:12 am

Flav, did you see my question from above regarding Golds?

• Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 11:34 am

no. what about Golds?

• blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 12:00 pm

Are you still working out there? If not, what do you do for exercise, if anything (routine)?

12. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 11:52 am

I’m bummed I missed Jimmy Thackery playing in Auburn a little while ago. Very good stuff.

This is less bluesy and more Bridge of Sighs-ish but I love his playing.

13. YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on June 6, 2018 at 12:09 pm

“I firmly believe it’s important to have an ace on the staff who can provide leadership that guides the rest of the staff.”

Nah, Bumgarner’s presence is more important to the guys playing behind him.
    Dereck Rodriguez had a bigger impact on the fives, none of whom want to become sixes or the Rivercats’ ace.

14. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Jimmy’s more bluesy stuff . . . (sorry flav)

• xoot said, on June 6, 2018 at 3:22 pm

He had some good days with The Nighthawks.

15. blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 12:59 pm

Pandastic!

16. Macdog said, on June 6, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Giants should unfriend Jackson.

• chipower9 said, on June 6, 2018 at 1:25 pm

lulz

• blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 1:52 pm

Or at minimum, “unfollow” him.

17. chipower9 said, on June 6, 2018 at 1:50 pm

No need to Panik!

18. Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 1:58 pm

Twinner would be loving this Panda revival…..

19. blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 2:12 pm

Actionless must have paid Bucholtz money before the game.

20. alleykat69 said, on June 6, 2018 at 2:29 pm

Goldy .188 average against the rest of the league..Giants of course he goes off .500 plus average, and he doesn’t even have Timmy to punish anymore! Should walk him are hit him everytime up..

21. Macdog said, on June 6, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Un-fucking-real. Walk Dyson with 2 outs and Goldschmidt on deck, Dyson steals second — and they still pitch to Goldschmidt.

22. blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 3:19 pm

Great hustle (as usual) from Pence.

23. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 3:51 pm

For once I turn on a game and something good happens!!!!!!!!

Hansen to the rescue!

24. Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 3:52 pm

holy shit! I heard it on the radio, hope we get to see this replay on a platform I use

• Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 3:53 pm

Miller’s call was outstanding, btw

25. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 3:52 pm

End this now!!!

26. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 3:54 pm

Gorkys is swinging for the ambulance.

27. blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 3:54 pm

I was just about to say bomb or strikeout (11 today) . . . Hanson comes through big time.

28. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 3:55 pm

I don’t have any idea who is announcing with Krukow.

29. Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 3:55 pm

30. Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 3:57 pm

Hope this gets wrapped up b4 Dubs game. I trust the entire Flapping Nation will be standing in unison with us tonight. 🙂

31. alleykat69 said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:00 pm

Hey what channel is the game on? I have Comcast in the Bay Area and it’s not on 720 sports Bay Area..

• blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:03 pm

It’s on Facebook . . . or you can pirate it like me. LOL

32. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:01 pm

That’s how you pitch to the tie. Dumbass

33. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:03 pm

Fuck me.

34. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:03 pm

Foul by inches.

35. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:06 pm

Pitching around another .188 guy

36. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:07 pm

Now we got to walk him.

37. blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:08 pm

WTF is wrong with Strickland?

38. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:10 pm

Hundley ain’t helping him.

39. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:11 pm

That was a sweet slider.

40. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:13 pm

Wow. Got to just win this game now. That was nuts. Strick with the high-wire act.

41. Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Flemm couldn’t believe how bad strick was that inning

42. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:20 pm

Huh.Cutch is creeping back up to respectability. And a little help there.

43. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Wow. Fuckiing great AB by Craw

44. blade3colorado said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:26 pm

Wow! Craw and Cutch = clutch.

45. Macdog said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:27 pm

Great win!

46. djloo27 said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:27 pm

Great fuckin’ win!!!

47. xoot said, on June 6, 2018 at 4:37 pm

I still can’t come up with anything better than Wild Man Hanson. Man is he finally to watch

48. djloo27 said, on June 6, 2018 at 5:31 pm

“Sympathy For The Devil” is now played on an Acura commercial.
    I don’t belong here anymore.
    Worse than “Come On Buick Light My Fire”…

• unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 5:46 pm

Jimbo put a stop to that, thankfully.

Hearing All Along the Watchtower in commercials is a pisser as well.

49. xoot said, on June 6, 2018 at 5:39 pm

I gave up caring fifteen years ago when Bob Dylan showed up singing his own song in a Victoria’s Secret ad. At least the version of SFtD in the Acura ad is shitty.

50. alleykat69 said, on June 6, 2018 at 5:41 pm

David Lee King has a song about driving a Pacer! Pretty damm good..

51. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 5:48 pm

I guess it’s a plus that Strick sucked and Hundley couldn’t catch a cold, but they got through it.

For the win!

52. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 5:49 pm

Tough win over the div opponent is especially great. Hansen is a dumpster dive special. Kudos to Sabevans.

53. alleykat69 said, on June 6, 2018 at 5:50 pm

This kid Alen Hanson is the best dumpster diving pickup since Cody Ross!
    Hey I’m for giving him a few starts in the OF, probably CF with his wheels and lead him off.
    But the with “Boch Approach “ it will never happen.,

54. djloo27 said, on June 6, 2018 at 6:18 pm

A palming call? In the 2018 NBA?

55. wilcojoe said, on June 6, 2018 at 6:42 pm

Great win for the G-men. I actually like the fact that if wasn’t televised. Miller’s radio calls were epic…Flipped on the ‘Stros-Mariners game and Denard Span is at bat. He must be using Just For Men as he has zero grey in his beard. I barely recognized him.

56. wilcojoe said, on June 6, 2018 at 6:47 pm

NBA postseason is just too damn long. Made me think of Loo’s line about the hockey season starting back up a few weeks after the Stanley Cup is won.

57. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 6:58 pm

That’s fucking Lemmy singing Sympathy for the Devil. Doubly sacrilegious.

58. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 7:00 pm

That’s fucking Lemmy singing Sympathy for the Devil. Doubly sacrilegious.

These off-ball fouls are lame.

59. djloo27 said, on June 6, 2018 at 7:07 pm

Make up call?

60. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 7:07 pm

Van Gundy is a majjor little bitch.

LeBron is worse.

• djloo27 said, on June 6, 2018 at 7:27 pm

I’ll always believe VG walked out on the Knicks in 2001 because he was afraid to be in NY after 9/11…

• Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:43 pm

that’s a heavy call but who am I to call bullshit? hmmmm it does sound like it might have merit

• djloo27 said, on June 6, 2018 at 9:00 pm

It’s an original.
        Never heard it anywhere else…

61. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 7:14 pm

Dubs play a terrible half and are down 6.

62. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 7:15 pm

NBA reffing is reachng the point of NFL reffing. Flat awful and random.

63. djloo27 said, on June 6, 2018 at 7:30 pm

Cavs have no answers for Durant.
    Does anyone?

64. chipower9 said, on June 6, 2018 at 7:32 pm

Just now had a chance to sit down. Heard Hanson’s bomb while in the truck, and then finished the game via my phone on Lameday. I was convinced Stricknine was going to cough it up, and then…

Craw continues to amaze. How long can he keep it up??? Let the roadie begin….

65. snarkk said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:22 pm

Hanson is really a disruptive guy in the lineup. Some pop, great speed, good skills. He should be able to play outfield. If Actionless does nothing by the Break, why will he be taking a roster spot? That spot should be used for a productive bench player…

66. snarkk said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:28 pm

KD unreal tonight.
    Curry’s shots can’t fall in the ocean from a boat, but he buries his first 3 at the most clutch time with a minute to go. Wow…

• Flavor said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:41 pm

they are so fucking good. And fuck Cleveland.

• snarkk said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:47 pm

Yeah, Curry was crap tonight, they still win.
        Iggy was a plus on the D, and glue guy…

67. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:51 pm

So happy to see that outcome. Bron is such a bitch. It’s so hard to respect his game when he is such a whiny sack of bullshit. He bumps his way through the lane, initiates contact, and gets the call. Every time. And then whines plays that aren’t his.

68. unca_chuck said, on June 6, 2018 at 8:53 pm

Draymond at least gets angry about calls.mBetter angry than whiny. He might as well be Blake Griffin, flopping and whining his way through games. Double T’s for trash talk? Such bullshit.

69. snarkk said, on June 6, 2018 at 9:02 pm

Dubs box shows KD with 43, then 7 other guys essentially with 10 points each. Interesting point spread. Iggy had 8 points, but +14 while he was in there for 22 minutes…

• djloo27 said, on June 6, 2018 at 9:16 pm

Those Maravich LSU box scores were a riot. This was the only one I could find. There were funnier ones…

70. Macdog said, on June 6, 2018 at 9:16 pm

When Hundley came up with 1 out in the 9th after Mac’s walk, all I could think of was, please, anything but a double play, even a strikeout, just to give Hanson a chance. Sure enough Hundley whiffed. And yes, good call by Miller on Hanson’s bomb.

71. mrsprtdude said, on June 6, 2018 at 11:00 pm

Bar bet. Bell and MgGee score as many as Curry and Thompson. Who wins?? Bahahaha