Saturday Sucked

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 10, 2018

Now we finally got the answer to “Why did the Twins let Young Pudge go?” Even with his horribleness, we could have won the game with a little more hitting. Is Nick Hundley the best back up catcher in baseball? He has been one of our MVP’s this year.

Today could get ugly but I thought the same thing the night we faced Stras so who knows…..

my spam filter was funny this morning….

Screenshot 2018-06-10 at 7.34.02 AM

1. djloo27 said, on June 10, 2018 at 6:42 pm

Did anybody see the thing ESPN just put up about the 5 biggest surprise players in baseball?
    Wanna guess who they incredibly left out?

• Macdog said, on June 10, 2018 at 6:50 pm

Must be that East Coast bias.

• Flavor said, on June 10, 2018 at 7:02 pm

outside of watching a baseball game, I don’t think I’ve turned espn on in probably 2 years Maybe more.

• chipower9 said, on June 10, 2018 at 9:45 pm

I only turn it on when I must…to see a Giants game.

2. Flavor said, on June 10, 2018 at 7:04 pm

this won dumbest tweet of the day. Agree? Craw been on fire for 6 weeks. Goldy for like 6 days

• xoot said, on June 10, 2018 at 7:09 pm

die-hard a’s fans are sometimes a pain in the ass

• djloo27 said, on June 10, 2018 at 7:15 pm

I’d like to see how a shoe fits in her dumb ass…

• Macdog said, on June 10, 2018 at 8:22 pm

What a stupid person.

3. Flavor said, on June 10, 2018 at 7:18 pm

i’ve gotten more tolerant of stupid people on social media. I’m not great with them but I don’t go ballistic anymore. I think I started learning that from dealing with Twin. My anger management skills have gotten much better because of Twin….

• djloo27 said, on June 10, 2018 at 7:23 pm

Are blogs such as this considered social media?

• Flavor said, on June 10, 2018 at 7:46 pm

twitter, instagram and FB are more social media than blogs, IMO. But it’s all part of the same beast.

4. zumiee said, on June 10, 2018 at 7:33 pm

I’ve never heard of her before. Everything associated with the A’s is kind of sad.

• Flavor said, on June 10, 2018 at 7:47 pm

she calls herself a “featured writer” so that, to me, means she’s unemployed.

5. mrsprtdude said, on June 10, 2018 at 7:55 pm

Melancon Dyson Watson Strickland. All clean innings with en era in the low 2’s for the year. That’s nice.

• Flavor said, on June 10, 2018 at 8:26 pm

i was risking looking like an idiot predicting (at Daniel’s blog) that our bullpen would be a big surprise this year but thankfully I nailed that one.

6. Flavor said, on June 10, 2018 at 8:28 pm

Belt, Crawford, the bullpen and Holland, in that order, are the 4 most important contributors to our success this year. Argue against or agree with? Maybe Hanson sneaks into the top 4? Hundley? I really like where this team is right now despite the obvious set backs we had with all the pre season injuries to the pitching staff.

• willedav said, on June 10, 2018 at 9:43 pm

4 most imp for sure–Belt and Craw really lifted the offense pen has picked up the 5/5s and Holland has become ace of that group with bum and cueto out. Really nice W today to take series.

. Add Pablo and Gorks into pleasant surprises. Nice to have Hanson around just to plug in every once in a while to see what happens.

• xoot said, on June 10, 2018 at 10:02 pm

yeah, Gorkys is probably next in line and that really indicts the veteran “sluggers”–but they still have time to get right.

7. mrsprtdude said, on June 10, 2018 at 8:43 pm

I’m not sure i would knock anyone off your list but Stratton has to be in there too

8. zumiee said, on June 10, 2018 at 8:46 pm

Stratton somehow has a 7-3 record with his 4.63 ERA.

9. zumiee said, on June 10, 2018 at 8:49 pm

Anything less than 3-1 in this 4 game Marlins series is going to be really disappointing (to me.)

10. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 10, 2018 at 8:57 pm

Listened the game as we drove back from Tahoe today. The staff ace matching zeros with Scherzer was most excellent. I haven’t watched highlights yet but Crawford’s HR sounded like a bomb and he was involved on both sides of the ball. Strickland retiring Harper and then finishing it off clean seemed like a huge step forward. I’m cautiously buying in on him. Biggest win of the season imo. Time to step on the gas in Miami and get some separation from .500

• zumiee said, on June 10, 2018 at 9:19 pm

Scherzer threw one of his very few bad pitches of the day: a hanging slider cement-mixer right into Crawford’s wheelhouse.

• zumiee said, on June 10, 2018 at 9:20 pm

To Craw’s credit, he didn’t miss the opportunity.

11. James said, on June 10, 2018 at 11:03 pm

Snarkk, never been there, but Woodford Reserve is supposed to be a good stop near Keenefield. The Buffalo Trace tour Kat mentioned is another I’d definitely go on. In addition to BT, they make Blanton’s there, a very nice dram.

12. zumiee said, on June 11, 2018 at 5:47 am

“Shohei Ohtani’s rookie season is likely over, and he may not be able to return to MLB until 2020.
    ESPN’s Pedro Gomez reported on SportsCenter early Monday morning that the Angels pitcher will need Tommy John surgery, which means he’d definitely be out all of 2018. Gomez also added 2019 is likely out of the question, too, as “the earliest we might see him, should he have Tommy John surgery, would be the 2020 season.”