But This One Goes To Eleven

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 12, 2018

When Cory Gearrin is the player of the game, you probably didn’t win the game. And that’s disappointing and shouldn’t have happened. When you give Bum 5 runs you are supposed to win. When your first four hitters go 8 for 16, you are supposed to win. Cory Gearrin getting POTG when all that happens makes no sense….

Anyone going to parade today? I’m counting this one as my number 11. I got 5 SB’s, 3 WS and 3 NBA championships. I don’t count the ones when I wasn’t alive. I didn’t count the one the Warriors won in ’75, I wasn’t watching back then. So, mine go to…..

Screenshot 2018-06-12 at 5.47.42 AM

1. chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:09 am

Nice post. Everyone knows my feelings about Gearrin. He is to the pitching staff what Actionless is to the OF/offense. At least Actionless can play some decent CF.

I am with you on the 11. Having moved to NorCal in ‘77 (thank you United astares Air Force), those are the ones I count, too.

I watched the postgame last night, and Bum put it all on himself. He said his stuff is good enough to get hitters out and win games, but that he did not execute when it mattered. He wasn’t the sharp dominating Bum we have come to know and love in the past, but I think we will see some semblance of that guy, soon.

Just get the W today. One day, one game at a time. The Giants should be throttling the hell outta this team.

2. chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:12 am

Not doing the parade. I love the Warriors, but basketball is just not on the same plateau for me as is baseball, and football. Giants World Series champion parades? Whole different monster, and you bet your ass I was there, and would be for any in the future. I would also attend a Niner parade…

Have any Flappers bought, or have plans to buy, any Warrior championship bling?

3. alleykat69 said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:35 am

Hey we all can’t stand Gearrin, Giants must feel the same way,and I’m sure in his mind he’s the lame duck pitcher not knowing when their gonna get rid of him,has to be a bad feeling for him being day to day..

4. willedav said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:47 am

Quick look at games Stratton has a win—Giants have scored 48 runs for him in those 7 Ws. So it’s more about what everyone else, hitters and pen behind him, is doing than how good or bad he usually is.

Last outing where he didn’t get decision but SF won anyway he went 4innings vs. AZ gave up 7 hits 2 BBs 3 ER.
    Giants scored 5 and won. iirc Giants score 5 they usually win for anyone tho it didn’t happen yesterday.

5. mrsprtdude said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:59 am

11 wins for me too Craig! Not a huge parade guy, but regret not flying up for 2010.
    Random question but my dad is a huge Red Sox fan, so i keep up on them so i can fill him in when we talk. Anyone know why the Sox ( and most other teams) have played 6 more games then the Yankees? Thas a lot. How many weeks in the 2nd half will the Yankees be playing all 7 days multiple weeks in a row?

• willedav said, on June 12, 2018 at 10:04 am

Rainouts/cancelled games I believe.

6. alleykat69 said, on June 12, 2018 at 8:03 am

Monronta&Dyson coughed up yesterday’s game.Giants-had the lead 3 different times..
    Monronta couldn’t throw a strike, Dyson threw to many that got hammered.

7. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 12, 2018 at 8:28 am

Longoria blew a chance to drive in some runs in the 1st yesterday too. The club just couldn’t get the timely hit. I read somewhere that Gearrin was placed on waivers last week and nobody wanted him so naturally the Giants will hold onto him.

• blade3colorado said, on June 12, 2018 at 8:55 am

Dirt, I’m not certain I believe this, but Ken Rosenthal/McCovey Chronicles are reporting . . . wait for it . . . that they were trying to save money on the luxury tax calculation. I know mind boggling. The Giants are apparently counting pennies now toward’s being under that threshold.

Per Rosenthal, the Giants are $2 million over the CBT threshold right now. Every time they add a new player to the 40-man roster, their salary obligations increase. Every $100,000 counts at this point. So, that’s another reason why we might not see Steven Duggar this year. Any trade the Giants make will require dumping salary. This means they’ll very likely have to give up a lot more than usual just to make it work for the receiving team.

Here’s the McCovey Chronicles article: https://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2018/6/11/17440282/figuring-out-who-the-giants-could-trade-mlb-trade-deadline-2018

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 10:24 am

Yep. I shared (yesterday?) that the Giants put Gearrin on waivers last week, and everything I read confirms Blade’s comment….that they’re trying to keep under the luxury tax threshold. Quit being such a fucking tightwad, Charles Johnson (it’s easy to talk when it is someone eles’s money with which you are wanting to screw around).

8. blade3colorado said, on June 12, 2018 at 9:10 am

By the by, you guys all knew that Evans said this, right?

“Building a [minor league] system has never been our ultimate goal. Our ultimate goal is to have success at the big league level, which a strong system helps with but it doesn’t solve.”

Consequently, this column is also mind blowing, where it states, “If, as GM Bobby Evans stated, having a strong farm system is not an “ultimate goal”, that the goal is to “have success at the big-league level”, then the Giants should back up that kind of ridiculous talk by walking the walk. Trade their few minor league assets (OF Heliot Ramos, OF Steven Duggar) this July for Herrera and whoever else they can get. Then let’s see some of that big league success instead of the mediocre dreck we’ve experienced the past four years.”

I almost spit out my morning coffee after reading both of these columns today.

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 10:16 am

That’s a great point. If the Giants are truly all in this year. Then be ALL IN. Walk the walk, and not just talk the talk.
      Although, I would like to hang onto Ramos. He’s very intriguing. And, of course, hang onto Bart.

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 10:30 am

I am not saying give up on Ramos, but even though he made the top 130 prospects that Zumie shared, the dude is struggling in low A Augusta:

In 229 plate appearances – .228, .306, .369, .675 with five HR, 17 RBI, and 63 Ks to only 18 BB.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 12, 2018 at 10:53 am

Ramos is 19 and young for the league as a whole.

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 11:04 am

That is why I said I am not willing to give up on him, but you would hope the numbers improve, soon. Those numbers, regardless of age, are not 59th prospect in MLB numbers, IMO.

9. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 12, 2018 at 10:12 am

Blade, I saw that too but honestly I don’t have a problem with Booby’s comments. The Giants farm system has produced starters at 4 of 5 infield positions and contributed to the SP and BP on the current roster. An all-star outfielder would be nice but I think focus on it is irrational at times. What club wouldn’t want an one? Regardless, I am more bullish than some regarding position players on the farm right now and can see them contributing soon.

• blade3colorado said, on June 12, 2018 at 11:30 am

“An all-star outfielder would be nice but I think focus on it is irrational at times.”

Agree. I think you can search the Flap back to day 1, and you’ll never find a post from me regarding our inability to produce an “all-star outfielder.” The bottom line is what matters to me are play-offs and World Series, where outside of the Yankees or St Louis type club, you wont find a more successful franchise. Besides, we have a pitching advantage at the Phone Park, so I see why the emphasis is on defense and pitching.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:02 pm

It was a general comment not directed at you specifically.

10. alleykat69 said, on June 12, 2018 at 10:44 am

Twin’s rants on Brandon Crawford were legendary:He takes his 1st year and just rips him a new one about “how he will never hit in the bigs and His fielding just mediocre at best”
    Hmmm 3 straight GG hitting .338 doesn’t get much better then that!
    He probably ripped Barry Bonds his rookie year when he only hit .223 as I guy that wouldn’t produce either..

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 11:40 am

Not to psycho-analyze too much, but….TF had a big heart for Latin American ballplayers; he had seen racism against them over the years, and he felt a need to stand up for them in a big way on the blogs, on a constant basis.
      I think he saw Crawford as an over-rated honky that had come in, displacing more worthy Latin players. And Craw did struggle for a while in the beginning, after hitting the grandslam in his first game.

The biggest I ever got ripped by TF was whenever I (in his opinion) unfairly dissed a Latin player.

• blade3colorado said, on June 12, 2018 at 11:51 am

That’s only part of the equation, albeit a very, very important part. Related to what you said, is that we had two excellent shortstops, Juan Uribe, the starter and Edgar Renteria, who performed magnificently during the playoffs and World Series. If you recall, in the 2010 World Series, Rentería won the Most Valuable Player Award after he hit game-winning home runs in Game 2 and Game 5. He also had other key hits during the playoffs. Consequently, Twin thought the Giants should have rewarded both or one of them at least . . . Instead, the Giants took a pass on both and they signed with the Dodgers (Uribe) and Reds (Renteria).

• djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 11:52 am

He would lay into me any time I would question a Latin player’s true age (Feliz, mostly) as if I invented that theory…

• YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:44 pm

You’re misremembering what actually happened. Renteria was the worst NL SS in 2009, and by 2010 could no longer adequately play middle infielder. The Giants were mediocre until he got hurt and Uribe took over at SS.
        It’s true, he was a team leader with a knack for coming up big in the World Series. If Sandoval hadn’t been slumping at the end of the season, Renteria wouldn’t have been on the WS roster.
        In 2011, same thing with Tejada. He could no longer play SS, so they called up Crawford. They were in first place when they sent Crawford back down and then immediately, the pitching collapsed.

11. mrsprtdude said, on June 12, 2018 at 11:46 am

If the Giants are really determined to get under the cap they should trade McCutchen.
    He isn’t helping at all, and the extra cash would solve the issue…His defense is hurting us.

I want CJ to just pay more too, but if we are under the cap the penalties go away for a few years. Many big money teams are doing this (Dodgers Yankess etc) so we can’t blame CJ for not just throwing money away. These guys often have this money by making all decisions based on a formula that works for them over time. Not realistic to expect this to be different
    An example for me..
    My dad always saved and invested and has a secure financially stress free retirement. never waits money. He is very afraid of heights. At 69 years old he was on the roof of his 2 story walnut creek house (years ago before he got Parkinson’s). We were talking and I said “dad why are you doing that? You have money. Just pay someone to do it.” Dad: “Why do you think i have money!”

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 11:52 am

I see that point, but the guy is a billionaire. That’s a staggering amount of money. A million times a thousand. It blows my mind when I think about it.
      It would be interesting to know Johnson better. The Giants ownership group remains clothed in shadows. It would be nice to hear him go before the public and talk about what owning the Giants means to him. I hope it’s more than just an investment to him. In fact, I hope it means a LOT more to him than just an investment.

• djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:04 pm

My father getting to enjoy about one healthy year of retirement and many others who I’ve know that worked their whole lives and dropped dead way too young put an end to me caring about how little I’ve saved for my “golden years” which already suck. Morrison knew this at age 25…

“All our lives we sweat and save; Building for a shallow grave”

12. mrsprtdude said, on June 12, 2018 at 11:47 am

opps never wastes

13. zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 11:47 am

It bothered TF that Andres Torres never became a hugely beloved figure in Giants history. And he implied racism from Giants Nation was involved in that. That got some push-back from Flappers, and you all know TF wasn’t going to back down; but was only going to double down even more.
    I see it more as Torres just had the one strong season, and it takes longer than that to become a beloved figure in baseball.
    When the Giants displaced Torres with Pagan, there was no way TF was ever going to warm up to Pagan.

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:03 pm

And certainly it’s a huge deal that Torres’ strong season was 2010, such a magical important season.
      But there were so many heroes that season, as there is any championship season. Not everyone’s going to get their full due.

• djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:09 pm

There was no GIant that I would rather see at the plate in a big spot in 2010 than Torres.
        When he needed the appendectomy during the season in the middle of the night, he didn’t even wake a teammate or medical staffer. He just went to the hospital alone. Wonder how BB9’s coming along…

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:13 pm

Funny, I was just reminiscing about the clinching game 5 line up last night – cast offs and misfits.

C Buster Posey
        1B Aubrey Huff*
        2B Freddy Sanchez
        SS Juan Uribe
        3B Pablo Sandoval
        LF Pat Burrell
        CF Aaron Rowand
        RF Nate Schierholtz
        P Lincecum

• djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm

I know they’re adding some more plaques this year to that wall of fame outside AT&T.
        Wilson is one of ’em. Can’t remember the other two…

• YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:52 pm

Torres is on the All Time 21st Century Giants 25 man roster. It’s imperative they have a fourth OF who can play all three fields well and contribute with the bat. He could steal a base, switch hit, and was their best defensive OF.

14. willedav said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:08 pm

Being close to pirates it must have galled Twin to see how writers etc. treated Clemente. I distinctly recall the Giants PA announcer with the deep voice introducing him as “Bob.” whoinell from Puerto Rico is named Bob?

Racism endemic to the sport 50s/60s seems so weird these days, that teams even in NL had quotas for how many black players they would carry, like no more than 3-4. It took the Cards of Gibson Flood to get the team to make sure ST hotels in F;orida would not discriminate against black/latin players. Before they refused to play ST it was routine for them to be housed separately other side of tracks and not allowed to eat in team hotel.

Felipe Alou talks a lot about his first stint in minors in Louisiana, a terrible experience for him.

• djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:12 pm

The “Bob” thing was definitely an issue.
      Does he look happy about it?

• xoot said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:03 pm

that Bob bullshit didn’t last long, iirc. Roberto saw to that.

15. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:08 pm

Count me as unimpressed with McCutchen-especially his D. He doesn’t seem interested in anything beyond one and done and that is fine with me. That said, he’s 10 for his last 24 and the club really needs someone to catch fire and carry them.

• djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:20 pm

They wouldn’t bring him back if he batted .400 the rest of the year.
      I think he wants to retire as a Pirate…

16. zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:08 pm

I just recently watched a video of the Niners’ ’89 season. So many great players on that team. Did John Taylor ever get his full due? Not really. But he seemed to accept that OK. But clearly he helped Rice have a great career. Teams couldn’t just ignore Taylor. He was too good. But Rice was better, and got a lot more of the attention.
    And all the offensive and defensive linemen’s names that get lost to history. It was a wonderful blast from the past to hear those names again, and see their highlights from that season.

17. zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 12:29 pm

So how badly will the Dodgers crush Bartolo Colon tonight? Colon is a nice story, but being a nice story isn’t going to help him tonight.

18. chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 1:40 pm

1. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    2. Buster Posey (R) C
    3. Andrew McCutchen (R) RF
    4. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    5. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    6. Pablo Sandoval (S) 1B
    7. Hunter Pence (R) LF
    8. Gorkys Hernandez (R) CF
    9. Chris Stratton (R) P

19. alleykat69 said, on June 12, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Loo, their adding Csin&Voglesong plaques as well..
    Considering Bowker but that was quickly shot down lol..

• djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 2:10 pm

Excellent, Kat. They should have a plaque for the Bowker Gang as a whole…

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:13 pm

Awesome. A plaque that reads “The Bowker Gang.” And a little blurb about each one.

• unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:34 pm

Ort-Rod . . .

J.R. Phillips . . .

Bowker

Tony Torcado

>}???

• alleykat69 said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:14 pm

Gotta have Pawlie’s boy “Manny Burris” on the plaque as well..

• unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:46 pm

And their honorary leader Johnnie LeMaster.

20. James said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:17 pm

TF was rightly skeptical about Crawford because his numbers in the minors didn’t add up. And he wasn’t very good at the plate his first 3 years in SF, either. There are always exceptions to general patterns, and SF is reaping the benefit of that truth with Crawford right now, who is 31 years old and having by far his best season.

• James said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:20 pm

And BTW, if you think Gorkys is more likely to be PEDing than Craw, you are a fucking racist!! 😉

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:24 pm

I resemble that remark…

21. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Another useless ab from Longoria. Dude is embarrassing The Beach!

22. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:32 pm

Yer killing me with the Doors lyrics, DJ.

The monk bought lunch.

23. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:38 pm

Shit, at least Mac the Out has the excuse of the concussion.

Longo went from shit to shinola back to shit.

Fucccck I hate looking at the rewind and see, hey we got a run! Then I see 2nd and 3rd, no outs, and we only get 1. Fuck.

24. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:44 pm

Funny, I’ve seen countless playoff games in baseball football and basketball, but the only finals game i’ve seen was game 2 of the Warriors Bullets ’75 championship. At the Cow Palace.

25. zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:46 pm

Giants won’t be facing Beuhler this weekend:
    “An MRI revealed Walker Buehler has a microfracture in his ribcage.”

26. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:48 pm

27. James said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:52 pm

All of a sudden Brandon Belt = Bobby Thomson on the HR replay frequency meter.

28. Bozo said, on June 12, 2018 at 4:56 pm

If I remember right, when Craw first came up he had minor league stats similar to Robby Thompson’s minor league stats. I think most of us were cool with that (not so much Twin, but most of us) the frustrating thing was he was making some rookie mistakes and boneheaded plays in the field, so as a guy known for his glove, it made his poor hitting stand out.
    It seems to me that he started turning his batting stats around after Bonds worked with him one spring, does anyone else remember that?

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:18 pm

That all sounds accurate (about his fielding, etc.)…and I may remember him working with Bonds.

29. zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:06 pm

Shades of Pablo….Muncy will be playing secondbase for the Dodgers tonight. Muncy is only slightly smaller than Pablo.

30. Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:07 pm

Gorks is far more likely to be taking PED’s than Crawford. That’s not even a question….Gorks and Max Muncy are both taking drugs this year, I’d bet a large amount of $$$ on that.

• James said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Just trying to bring a little Twinner spirit back!

• Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:15 pm

he’s always here my man, he’s always here…..whenever I say “man, Twinner would really give it to so and so” I’m thinking of that old fart…

31. xoot said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:08 pm

Hunter Pence, congenital spinal disability and all, sure came back this month determined to play hard.

32. Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:11 pm

in 525 career at bats, before this year, Gorks had 8 homeruns. This year, 147 at bats, he’s got 7. That ain’t mother nature come acallin’

• xoot said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:16 pm

maybe he just ate his vegetables, as my 6 year old son said back in 2003. But Gorkys, whose given name is Gustavo I see, is also striking out a lot more this year. Maybe he’s just finally cutting loose, like everyone else.

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:20 pm

Spinach.

33. zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:15 pm

LOL, I guess.
    What can you do except LOL?

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:17 pm

Stratton and Beede were both first round picks. Ouch.

34. chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:15 pm

I swear it’s a pattern with this team. Beat the top teams unexpectedly (Nats), and roll-over to the dregs of the league.

35. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:15 pm

We’re going from let’s sweep to let’s split in a fucking hurrry here

36. Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:16 pm

lol LUCK

37. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:16 pm

Jeebus! Better lucky than not I guess.

38. alleykat69 said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:16 pm

Damm these chumps are feasting on Stratton wtf!! Kick some major ass in Washington only to look like bad new bears in Miami!!

39. Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:18 pm

games like this, pitched by guys like Stratton (who sucks) are inevitable. Bum is the key to all this, if he doesn’t get his shit together this season is over…

40. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Not feeling this one tonight.

41. chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:23 pm

Oh sure, let’ mix in a double play with that shitty pitching and inability to get the timely hit. Because…”It’s the Giants Way!”

42. zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:25 pm

Pablo took the first pitch for a strike, then swung at a pitch a foot outside.

43. Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:31 pm

Pence is so bad. He can’t hit anymore. WHY IS THIS GUY PLAYING!!?!??

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:36 pm

There’s about $10 million left on his contract.

• Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:38 pm

10 million is pocket change in today’s game

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:43 pm

You’d think so; but not in Giants ownership meetings, apparently.
        Wouldn’t you love to be a fly on the wall at those meetings?

44. alleykat69 said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:32 pm

So as usual the latest Cy Young pitcher against us Trevor Richards who went undrafted and pitched in a independent league for 3 teams Grizzlies,Muttdogs( my favorite) and Grasshoppers is mowing us down, and only Stratton of all guys with the only hit., yikes pretty pathetic..

45. Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:37 pm

apparently he’s not taking steroids to improve his IQ….boy, good ol’ Twinner woulda really let me have it for that one!

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:40 pm

lulz

46. Macdog said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:38 pm

And that’s how you lose to shit teams.

47. zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:38 pm

LOL again.

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:39 pm

(I’m not really LOLing.)

48. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:39 pm

I think It’s mud dogs.

Fuck. Seriously???

49. Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:42 pm

TMZ reporting that the Dubs had $500,000 of booze on their parade buses today.

• Macdog said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:56 pm

Cuervo Golden State.

• xoot said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:15 pm

1000 bottles of champagne?

50. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:50 pm

JR. Richards Jr. is killing us.

51. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 5:56 pm

So, I got 12 . . . Funny line by Lopez. Talking about tomorrow’s game he said “plenty of good seats available.”

Panik with the pick! Nice play.

52. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:00 pm

Crazy is I remember all of the Giants and Niners playoff appearances except for the ’62 Giants, and the ’57 Niners. The Dubs had ’67 which I don’t remember.

• willedav said, on June 12, 2018 at 8:20 pm

the year Wilt and Sixers finally knocked Celts off and won it all. Alex Hannum as coach.

53. djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:00 pm

The upper deck is completely vacant. There couldn’t possibly be 5,000 people in the stands…

54. djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:02 pm

Stratton somehow muddles through 6.
    He’s a muddler…

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:05 pm

Of course we all remember the great Abbott and Costello’s “the mudder ate his fodder” routine.

55. zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Pablo swung at ball 4.
    Really missing Belt.

• djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:37 pm

Adrian Gonzalez is available for the ML minimum…

56. alleykat69 said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:06 pm

It’s like their in a indoor swimming pool full of parents watching their kids swim for the 1st time,,

57. alleykat69 said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:11 pm

Great I already have insomnia watching this game,and who’s warming up likely to pitch next,COREY GEARRIN!!! OH MY GOD TIME FOR SOME SERIOUS SKINK ON!!’

58. blade3colorado said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:11 pm

This game is weird. Usually by the end of 7 innings we’re already in double figures in SOs. This game? Only 2. No conclusions, but quite weird.

59. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:18 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaand there you go. Wax the cream and shit the dregs.

60. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:19 pm

Strat actually makes it 6. For all those 5 run wins he wears a 3 run loss.

61. blade3colorado said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:21 pm

TV crew was hoping for Gorkys to jump the fence and beat the shit out of the fan bad mouthing him. Hey, I’m all for that . . . it would be a break from this boring game.

62. chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:24 pm

Gearrin sucks donkey dongs…

63. Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:38 pm

this night just got weirder: Agent 000 just hit a grand slam…..

64. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:47 pm

JR Richards JJR gets his first major league win.

(not) A shock.

65. blade3colorado said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:47 pm

zzzzzz . . .

66. xoot said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:48 pm

desultory, torpid, somnolent, just plain dull and shitty

• djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:51 pm

Very Kokonuts-like, Xoot.
      Where’s Pawlie been?

67. blade3colorado said, on June 12, 2018 at 6:49 pm

68. Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:01 pm

see, if Bum had done what he was supposed to have done yesterday, hold a fucking lead, this loss wouldn’t be so irritating. Bum is going to need to win 80% of the rest of his starts this year.

69. Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:02 pm

Kokonuts blogpost from the other day….

• djloo27 said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:09 pm

If I was Rupe, I would’ve told Pawlie to take a hike…

• wilcojoe said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:23 pm

LMAO!

• Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:24 pm

lol. I’m not much for talking to strangers either…

• Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:26 pm

imagine if good ol Rupe had been wearing a Giants hat. Pawlie would probably be living with him today.

• xoot said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:56 pm

If he’s reading Rachel Kushner Rupe’s probably got some interesting political streaks.

70. Bozo said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:12 pm

How lucky were those 200 fans that got to see this game in person? Just the stories of what turned into an epic battle of finding an open concession stand, I’m sure will be passed down from generation to generation…

71. snarkk said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:14 pm

Just like the Giants to start out on the road hot, then lay down.
    On the salary cap deal, I told you dudes at the beginning of the year, the cap thing was Prime Directive. Since that colors every move, that’s no bueno. Why should we be surprised at this?
    This is the team that when asked what he was going to do with the $17 million / year loan stroke freed up because the note was paid off, Baer said use it not for the team, but for the REAL ESTATE project…

• snarkk said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Which makes sense if you’re not really interested that much n winning baseball, but building a baseball / real estate empire. Instead of paying $17 million for a top line outfielder or pitcher, you can leverage that flow to pay the strokes on around $300 million in loans with the stadium likely as security, to help finance a billion dollar mixed use Mission Rock project…

• Flavor said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:25 pm

depressing.

• snarkk said, on June 12, 2018 at 7:51 pm

Using baseball teams to leverage real estate investment returns is the wave of the future. There was nothing really wrong with the Turner Field stadium in Atlanta, it was only around 20 years old. But, it was in the “wrong” part of town, and the Braves could not leverage it to make money on non-baseball biz. So, they got the local county to basically pay for most of the new stadium 20 miles away from downtown, then self-financed the adjacent mixed used development without public dough so they could reap economic rents on the private piece. Smart, let the taxpayers eat most of the cost of building the magnet that generates your profits on the nearby business which you own in entirety, so your ROI goes way way up. “The stadium itself represents a $672-million public-private partnership with Cobb County; the Braves and others are privately funding The Battery Atlanta development to the tune of $550 million.”…

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2018 at 8:08 pm

I understand that, Snarkk, and am not surprised, but that doesn’t mean that Mr. Tightwad Charles Johnson and his unwillingness to spend cannot piss me off, because it does. And it feels good to bitch about it. It is one of the privileges of being a fan.

72. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2018 at 8:19 pm

At least the Warriors are getting it right. Although their move to SF will piss me off. It’s a bitch getting tix here. It’s a Bart slog or a $40.00 fee at the crapatorium. It’ll be $50.00 in SF. It’s mp Wait till it skyrockets for the new joint. Yippee. I haven’t been to a game since before the 1st championship.

73. willedav said, on June 12, 2018 at 8:54 pm

WS Champs also in Oaktown and lighting up A’s 6-2, before rather intimate gathering. Man what a great chance to see them and sit anywhere.
    Tony Kemp doesn’t look any bigger than Altuve.
    Other Kuiper talking OB leaders and OPS.
    Don’t think you’d hear much about that stat from Duane.

• snarkk said, on June 12, 2018 at 9:08 pm

OUTAAAA HEEEERe !!!!!…
      Kuip is still up to his old tricks of eating during the post game “wrap”.
      Why is that part of the radio show less important to over the radio waves civility than in-game?
      Nothing like hearing a guy smacking his lips while he talks about his “pick” for player of the game…

• zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 9:17 pm

Classic passive-aggressive behavior in that situation. Kuiper doesn’t like having to do the wrap, and lets it be known.
        Passive-aggressive behaviors can be some of the most annoying and infuriating behaviors.

74. zumiee said, on June 12, 2018 at 9:10 pm

Dodgers scored 8 runs off of Colon. Who saw that coming?
    (Spoiler alert: everyone saw it coming)