Let’s Get the Hell Out of Miami

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 14, 2018

I’m not that worried about the pen. I’m not a big fan of Moronta because he can’t throw strikes sometimes but look at the ERA of these guys. I trust all of these guys still. Sure there could be a burn out issue, that’s obvious with all the damage the five 5’s have been doing. But these guys are not the problem right now.

Screenshot 2018-06-14 at 7.21.58 AM

Will Smith giving up that rocket to Bour was a huge issue but that was just one pitch. And I thought Strickland was decent enough, he got put in a tough situation.

Screw Miami. They aren’t playing well there. Last week they beat Stras and Scherzer, if they can do that they can beat anyone…..

_______________________

the Ohtani Tracker hasn’t been updated at espn since May 27th. Could be time to remove that tab. Who’s running that website anyway? Anyone home?

1. Flavor said, on June 14, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Mother fuck. Longo broken hand

2. alleykat69 said, on June 14, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Just heard on the postgame show Longoria broke his hand??
    Wtf does this injury jinx for this team ever end??

3. blade3colorado said, on June 14, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Longo fractured the fifth metacarpal – Per medical literature, “In most cases, the metacarpal fracture heals well and does so over the course of 6 to 8 weeks. Over that time the cast can be removed after a period of time and changed to a removable splint. X-rays are checked every few weeks to be sure the fracture is healing properly and the bone ends maintain their alignment.”

• blade3colorado said, on June 14, 2018 at 2:38 pm

Also, called a “boxer’s fracture” and he’ll probably be out as long as Madbum.

4. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 14, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Looks like more Sandoval and/or Hansen at the hot corner.

5. chipower9 said, on June 14, 2018 at 2:51 pm

This team has had the worst fucking luck with injuries this year. Fuck…

6. xoot said, on June 14, 2018 at 3:20 pm

Fuck these injuries. If it wadn’t for bad luck we wouldn’t have no luck at all. Belt’s back soon, however, and Pablo knows how to play 3B. Wild Man Hanson needs plenty of playing time. Specs has been terrible in Sac. Wonder if we’ll see Calixte or d’Arnaud called up.

Fun fact–when I was a kid I broke the fifth metacarpal bone in my right hand beating the shit out of a guy named Mike Dawes. I think it took about a month to mend. But I was 12, so . . . .

7. unca_chuck said, on June 14, 2018 at 3:26 pm

We been down so God damn long, that is looks like up to us,

8. zumiee said, on June 14, 2018 at 3:57 pm

“BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA!”

9. Flavor said, on June 14, 2018 at 4:04 pm

i feel like regular at bats for Hanson….might expose Hanson. But whatever, I wanted to see him in the line up more often. How’s every fucking game sound? I guess we’ll find out soon enough

• zumiee said, on June 14, 2018 at 4:20 pm

I don’t like losing Longoria for two months, but it is a chance for Hanson to make a case for himself. As we’ve seen he can be exciting on offense and a bit nerve-wracking on defense. But maybe the D will improve with regular playing time.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2018 at 4:29 pm

maybe. But we just took out what was projected to be 23 bombs and 80 rbis. Couple that with Belt’s numbers coming out too and all of a sudden we look thin and weak

• snarkk said, on June 14, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Time for Panda to “step up” and earn that Red Sox check…

10. unca_chuck said, on June 14, 2018 at 5:23 pm

Well, we’ve weathered a shit-ton of otherwise debilitating injuries to key guys.

At what point do we crater? Who knows? I just wish one of the walking dead was actionless. Christ. The dude is indestructible.

• snarkk said, on June 14, 2018 at 5:27 pm

Only the good die young; only the crappy don’t get injured…

11. Macdog said, on June 14, 2018 at 5:31 pm

Speaking of third basemen, Duffy has a bomb tonight vs. Yanks.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2018 at 5:35 pm

his, yawn, 3rd of the year. Dude has no power and no speed. At least he’s not injured. We could use a guy like him.

12. unca_chuck said, on June 14, 2018 at 5:41 pm

Relying on Hansen is like hoping Mac the Out plays like his pre-concussion week. Possible but not probable.

What’s Belt’s timetable? If we do manage to stagger around this race like the walking dead, by the time we get everyone healthy we should be ready to ROLL!

(right)

I just wish Duggar would get a shot.

13. snarkk said, on June 14, 2018 at 5:46 pm

The Oaf’s dinger today may have given him a demotion reprieve. He needs to keep doing that…

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2018 at 5:50 pm

i can’t imagine he’s going anywhere. We need power right now, badly. He’s one of a couple of who we’ve got left in terms of reliable bomb-worthy at bats

• snarkk said, on June 14, 2018 at 6:12 pm

Hope not. Need to get him to get hot. Especially with Longo gonzo. I think he was in real danger of Bochy giving him Sac tickets before Longo got his pinkie busted…

14. zumiee said, on June 14, 2018 at 7:18 pm

Ah, the fickle fate of baseball.
    Span is now on the playoff-contending Mariners, starting in leftfield.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2018 at 7:29 pm

probably 100% healthy finally, too

15. Macdog said, on June 14, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Not me, unfortunately.

16. djloo27 said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:07 pm

For some reason I set my DVR to record the game for 5 hours this morning. I usually don’t record that long.
    The last out was made with 22 seconds left. Amazing!

17. djloo27 said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:10 pm

I think the Panda officially moved into that top 4 today…

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:19 pm

not 3 and not 5. It must be 4, forever and always….

• willedav said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:21 pm

3 walks today plus the game winner. Best OB since glory days 5-6 years ago. total surprise to me–just don’t ever recall him being this patient and aware of strike zone.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:25 pm

he wasn’t. He’s changed. But I recall something Dirt said years ago: People don’t change, man. And so now I don’t know what to think…..

18. djloo27 said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:19 pm

This 16 inning game gives you some perspective on what Marichal & Spahn did in their famous duel 55 years ago…

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:20 pm

got a box score for that one my man?

• willedav said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:29 pm

yeah. Blach and the kid each went 6 plus and get gold stars for the day. Old man Spahn and Marichal the entire distance. How many complete games did Marichal wind up with, over 200?

this is such classic box score. Thx again Loo.

19. Flavor said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:24 pm

Dodgers are -200 tomorrow. Monmouth Dude should take his winnings and hammer that. Let it ride!!!!!!

20. willedav said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:25 pm

Blach SDawg’s guy who beat Op on opening day returns to LA with—4 wins on season, more than Opie Hill and wood combined after tremendous effort today.

Panik of course is just glad to get the H out of Miami as flav’s headline indicates and go back to where he launched those 2 back to back game winning bombs. His total now here mid June? 3.

21. zumiee said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:33 pm

Jim Kaplan wrote a great book about that game. He weaves in biographical stories about the two pitchers as he depicts the drama of that game.

22. Macdog said, on June 14, 2018 at 8:55 pm

Re Loo’s 8:19 — then there’s this:

• xoot said, on June 14, 2018 at 9:09 pm

He had Spahn and Marichal and Gibson to live up to!

23. xoot said, on June 14, 2018 at 9:08 pm

purely by accident I just stumbled across this. Did anyone else see it?

• zumiee said, on June 14, 2018 at 9:17 pm

Thanks for posting it!

• zumiee said, on June 14, 2018 at 9:18 pm

Check it out, everyone.

• chipower9 said, on June 14, 2018 at 9:19 pm

I had not seen that…thanks for sharing. We all had our run-ins with Twin, but I still miss him.

• djloo27 said, on June 14, 2018 at 9:56 pm

Good job, Xoot…

• willedav said, on June 14, 2018 at 10:10 pm

thx. I think those were some of the bloggers from Bagg’s blog on mercnews that got cancelled. Twin was often sole voice of reason over there.

24. chipower9 said, on June 14, 2018 at 9:10 pm

Willie – Marichal’s main stats:

457 starts, 243 wins, 142 losses, and 244 complete games.

Yes, he had one more complete game than wins. That tells you how deep these guys went in games.

Lifetime: ERA – 2.89, WHIP – 1.101.

• djloo27 said, on June 14, 2018 at 10:00 pm

• willedav said, on June 14, 2018 at 10:12 pm

classic thx.

• djloo27 said, on June 14, 2018 at 10:21 pm

He’s friggin’ 80 now…

25. willedav said, on June 14, 2018 at 10:18 pm

Last night in the 9th at Mausoleum they had OFJake Smolinski pitch. First ball he threw was hit for a double off the wall and next one Marisnick belted out for HR. He gave up one more hit I think and then retired the side. Someone (Correa maybe) took a couple pitches but otherwise everyone swung the bat.
    He pitched out of stretch and I think fastball topped out at 89.

Marisnick is guy I wanted for CF. He got sent down for striking out a ton and hitting under Mendoza line and still is. but he made great leaping catch in the 8th at the wall in CF to rob a guy of a bomb and then threw in to cutoff guy who doubled the unbelieving baserunner off 1b, who was already at 2b when catch was made.

26. snarkk said, on June 14, 2018 at 10:21 pm

RIP former 49er offensive lineman Keith Fahnhorst.
    NFL career is no bueno for long term health…