Bum’s Back

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 22, 2018

MadBum goes 8 shutout, Melancon closes the door with a clean 9th–just how Sabes drew it up—15 months ago.

Low scoring, well pitched games as I thought it would be. Super insightful comment here:

snarkk said, on June 21, 2018 at 9:15 pm (Edit)

Hanson is the disruptive force that we thought Noonie should have been…

….a good reminder that…

No, you can’t always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need……

I don’t know, but I am feeling it in the air. It’s coming….

I’m calling a Mac bomb tonight.

1. willedav said, on June 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm

I think Mac would settle for a seeing eye 4 hopper through the IF right now.
    Hand is tough on everyone but everyone seems tough on Mac these days.

2. snarkk said, on June 22, 2018 at 10:23 pm

Johnson’s ERA is a half a run worse than Gearin’s. But, his WHIP is half a run better than Gearin’s.
    Bleaaaach to either one…

3. willedav said, on June 22, 2018 at 10:26 pm

Pirela has played everywhere. He was OF, 3b (?) last year, now at 2b.
    I think he hit better when he was just an OF, but Pads OF is lot more crowded with Myers out there.

I’d say Sarge is setting the bar pretty high for him.

Giants sure seem to bring out best in Pads.

• sandog said, on June 22, 2018 at 10:37 pm

Agree, but I think the slashing batting styles are similar. Sarge got better results.

• willedav said, on June 22, 2018 at 10:43 pm

mm, OK. Did you see those Swing Guy posts LJ put up few days ago? Eric Davis (way cool player) was pretty funny.
        I was gonna ask him if maybe he did Tito Fuentes.

4. willedav said, on June 22, 2018 at 10:39 pm

Mac hit 3 bombs in his first 20 ABs. Since then, interrupted by his adventure with bullpen mound and the wall, he has 1 in his last 74.
    Most recent was vs. Marlins indoors 24 ABs ago.
    as Kruk likes to say, “he’s due.”

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2018 at 10:44 pm

He’s due to soon be shipped out to Sac. Giants won’t give him much more rope. They should, they won’t…

• willedav said, on June 22, 2018 at 10:59 pm

agree snarkk. I thought Unc’s Nippon Ham Fighters was a little harsh, but funny. Mac does still have options, right? I don’t have a problem with Giants playing him either, esp if options are Pence and Jackson.

Looked at Adam Duvall (maybe likely comp?) #s this season. He has 12 bombs but is hitting even .200 with .695 OPS. Hit 64 bombs over 2 seasons with Reds in that bandbox yard, but this year OPS is off like 100 points.

5. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on June 22, 2018 at 11:00 pm

Oh, Dawg, yeah, Desert Moon was a great local, loved that bar. Tremendous female bartenders. Tacky fishing nets and fake starfish on the walls (of a place called Desert Moon). I was so happy to have that place when I first moved there in ’96. Unfortunately, it was gone within a year or so and turned into yet another stupid trendy little nightclub. Also spent many drink-infused evenings up at the Bus Stop on Union.

6. zumiee said, on June 22, 2018 at 11:05 pm

Beach Boy song? 409? $409? That seems outrageous.

• sandog said, on June 22, 2018 at 11:10 pm

Yessir. And thats with a free ticket thrown in! It was outrageous but I promise you that was the number.
      Getting passes to both parks really puts the screws to you.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2018 at 11:16 pm

$330 on the Disneyland site for a 3 day Park Hopper ticket to Disneyland / California Adventure for ages 10+…

• zumiee said, on June 22, 2018 at 11:28 pm

I haven’t been to Disneyland in 35 years; I had no idea.
        And 40 years ago I went on a high school senior trip to Disneyland. A surreal 24 hours. One of the bands playing that night was one-hit wonder Wild Cherry playing their hit “Play that funky music, white boy.”

• zumiee said, on June 22, 2018 at 11:36 pm

I think Hot Chocolate performed that night, too.

• zumiee said, on June 22, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Senior night at Disneyland, you don’t get A list bands or even B list.

7. unca_chuck said, on June 23, 2018 at 12:02 am

Meanwhile, the Dogs and D-bags are winning and leaving us in the dust while we are struggling in the clutches of .500. Kershaw coming back for the dogs as well.

8. unca_chuck said, on June 23, 2018 at 12:03 am

Glad my kids are grown up and we don’t have to go to the tragic kingdom anymore.