He’s a Bum

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 22, 2018

At this point, even if the Giants wanted to trade Bumgarner, even if they sold a team mostly on trading for his post season mystique, there’s no way they get an offer that would make any sense. Bum has nearly 1600 innings on that 28 year old arm and that’s even with sitting out most of the last 2 seasons. It’s entirely possible we are just seeing him in decline (or worse, just about to snap off an injury).

I just pray we play out the next season without giving him a new deal. It would be disastrous to sign him to another contract….

The day we’ve all been waiting for is here! Win today and we tie the series and you know what a tie means>>>>> it means we fucking win baby, hell yeah! I want that trophy more than anything I’ve ever wanted in my life and of course this .500 team is setting it up to take it down with a .500 record in the series…..

#mattharveyday #stillneedstwoqualitystarts #stilldrunk #neverhappening

1. zumiee said, on July 22, 2018 at 4:30 pm

We don’t get the ugly trophy.

2. Lurker John said, on July 22, 2018 at 4:30 pm

All he had to do was keep it in front of him.

3. Macdog said, on July 22, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Three of the six games were decided by 1 run, and the A’s won all three of ’em.

4. Lurker John said, on July 22, 2018 at 4:32 pm

I’m hanging this one squarely on Melancon’s sorry ass. Great comeback spoiled by another guy with zero command. And Bochy insists on running his ass out there. Fuck him.

5. Flavor said, on July 22, 2018 at 4:33 pm

6. snarkk said, on July 22, 2018 at 4:38 pm

We are yelling let’s go Giants as these As fans are yelling let’s go Oakland on way to BART. Go Giants!!!

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2018 at 5:21 pm

fuck it, let them have it. They get the trophy, they gotta play in that shit hole half their games, they have nothing else but annoying drum beats and that chant you’re hearing.

7. Flavor said, on July 22, 2018 at 5:20 pm

Kevin?

8. djloo27 said, on July 22, 2018 at 5:33 pm

Just finIshed watching on DVR. Wish Snarkk and his girls could’ve seen a win.
    So fuckin’ frustrating.
    Like trying to build a popsicle stick house.
    Your interest is very humbling. I sent Flavor a couple of pics of my masterpiece…

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2018 at 6:01 pm

it will be the feature story tomorrow at The Flap.

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2018 at 6:08 pm

Might be a record low for comments…

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2018 at 6:50 pm

you stare at something this breathtaking, you’re at a loss for words

9. djloo27 said, on July 22, 2018 at 6:01 pm

Duggar has a very long swing and the longer the swing, the easier to find holes in it (I think)…

10. djloo27 said, on July 22, 2018 at 6:24 pm

This is the 2 year anniversary of the extraordinary NY Flapalooza.
    Could be a mini-version in a week or two.
    A mysterious visitor from the west is expected…

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Diggity heading back out there?

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2018 at 6:55 pm

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2018 at 8:56 pm

see if he wants to offer me a buy out for the Harvey bet. I am still accepting offers but the window is closing quickly.

11. pawliekokonuts said, on July 22, 2018 at 6:44 pm

With the high, slow hop, I knew it was trouble; I’m not sure Crawford would’ve thrown him out. Then it would be bases loaded. What a CF. Should’ve won in 9. All evidence points to this being a .500 team, a few over or under, but that’s it. Better than last year. Yet not better enough. There’s a bunch of .500 teams.

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2018 at 6:51 pm

Crawford ran off the field like Flipper Anderson…

12. Flavor said, on July 22, 2018 at 6:49 pm

James’ house during a Belt hot streak

• James said, on July 22, 2018 at 8:34 pm

Looks like > 950 OPS strength . . . .

13. snarkk said, on July 22, 2018 at 7:59 pm

BF, sent you an email with attachment…

14. snarkk said, on July 22, 2018 at 9:43 pm

I thought the Giants had this puppy won today when Giants went up 5-4 in top of the 8th with that McCutchen shot to left. I wasn’t at all thinking Bochy would bring in Melancon in such a high leverage deal. He worked the 8th Fri night but that was with a decent lead. IMO he hasn’t proved at all he is an 8th inning, preserve-a-one-run-lead guy now. From my seat his stuff looked high from the get go. What they are going to do with this guy and his albatross contract is beyond me. Anyway, good game, big crowd, good ball, just went screwy at the end of extras. Blach was on the edge from the get go. You can’t walk the leadoff guy in extra innings, just can’t do it. Nothin good happens from that. Still, I’ve seen the highlights now on that Crawford boot of that high bouncer. No clue why he missed that. Flat missed it. The runner was going to be safe anyway, so all he has to do is glove it, hold it, and hope Blach gets the next guy for out #3. Weird. BTW, I texted Chi early today that I was worried about Cueto getting hammered. He agreed. And, in reality Cueto was rocky the whole start, not just the 3 HRs. He only gave up 2 BBs, but did not seem in good command. A good number of the outs were shots to deep OF positions — halfway on the track or against the wall. He didn’t fool a lot of folks today…