The Reason The Giants Have Absolutely No Chance This Year: And Sabean Knows It

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 2, 2018

The answer lies in the dreaded topic of *innings pitched*. I hate that topic. If I was the Baseball Czar the number of innings you throw (and pitches you pitch) should be determined by your competitive fire and how badly you want to finish a game you started. It’s too late, we can’t go back to the old days. These puss arms have been de-volved and devalued for the last 20 years by pitch counts that go all the way back to little league. Do you know that little league score boards now have pitch counts on them? Ludicrous. In 1980 when Palo Club was busy winning the city championship, we had TWO starting pitchers: Me and Steve Johnson. That’s it. We went 19-1 that year. There were certainly no pitch counts and I honestly don’t even remember relievers. The one game we lost Steve was sick and Kendall Simmons had to start… I’m still doing a slow burn about that.

Anyway, fast forward to THIS year. I already noted D-Rod’s inning numbers yesterday but here’s the recap:

2016: 132

2017: 143

2018: 116 and counting….

Now Andrew Suarez:

2016: 143

2017: 155

2018: 123

Finally, Chris Stratton:

2016: 156

2017: 138

2018: 109

I’m not gonna look at Bum or Holland, they’re vets and wouldn’t get monitored like these young guys. But even if we went on this *run* that Longo called for, even if we started winning a bushel of games because Sabes said “we started playing best the longest* and kept that going….We are still stuck with 3 guys, 60% of the starting rotation, who are going to get shutdown sometime in September.

How the hell would we be able to finish off the month and then storm October with these 3 guys icing their arms on the bench?

So right now, despite the nonsense the team may spew, I am effectively ending 2018 right now. We have no chance. It is over…..

1. zumiee said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:40 am

6 man rotation!

2. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:48 am

On the plus side, Samardzija’s arm should be fresh.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:55 am

there are a lot of things that look fresh out there in the world. Your 4th batch of homegrown tomatoes come to mind. But Smargerine’s arm is not one of those things.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:59 am

Lulz- you know we’ll see him in September.

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:45 am

LMAO. Yes, those are some damned fine looking tomatoes. As Blade mentioned on FB, there is no comparison between home grown and store bought tamaters.

3. chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:55 am

Well, the other shoe finally dropped, and all here at FU knew it was coming. Cueto goes under the knife today for TJ surgery.

This has to be the biggest series of the year. With 53 games left, and 25 of them in-division, if this team has a run in them, it must start now. You begin winning series NOW, of you crawl up on the porch and piss with the puppies.

I have not completely counted this team out, as even with the mediocrity and fair doses of suctitude, no other team is running away with it. The Giants could catch lightning in a botttle. And monkeys could fly outta my ass.

Bum and Grienke tonight. Has the potential makings of. A good one. Kind of bummed I will miss this one…we are going to see Taj Mahal and KebMo tonight. Should be a kick-ass show. Make it an awesome day, FU.

4. sandog said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:12 am

I also choose to believe there is still a chance we sneak into the playoffs.
    Over/Under for Cueto wins the rest of his career? I’d set it at 12 and would still be afraid i’d get flooded with under bets if I were a bookie.
    NYC Report-finally got checked into our place around 3. What was supposed to be a 2 hour power nap accidentally turned into a 4 hour major sleep session and caused us to be late to Smashing Pumpkins show at Madison Square Garden. No worries I tell my daughter…this is NYC…Pumpkins probably wont even take the stage before 930 or 10. We ain’t gonna miss a thing. Wrong-o. Got there at 845 and we had missed opening act (Metric, who I would have liked to have seen)totally and SP were already onstage.
    Still, it was a good show and we must have seen them play 20+ tunes including all their biggies and some cool covers, including Stairway to Heaven.

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am

Definite over on Cueto wins for the remainder of his career, for me.

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:52 am

Sounds like a great show. As I understand it, they have pulled-together 3/4 of the original band. Have a good time SanD!

5. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:25 am

Last time they were in AZ they romped.
    Even if SF winds up 81-81 I’d be fine with the season given all the injuries that happened. They are still long way from being eliminated.

Lot of things to keep eye on through dog days quite unlike last year, especially younger guys and fill ins like Duggar Slater D’Arnaud Hanson and any other call ups. July was rough month for a lot of hitters so see who can rebound.
    Also as Flav mentioned kid pitchers are approaching uncharted waters so see how well they hold up. Some of the teams they face will have seen them before and made adjustments.

Enjoy Chi should be fun. I think first song I ever heard by Taj was “Ain’t Nobody’s Business but Your Own”, hilarious tune.

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:56 am

Thanks, WilleD! I believe that was my first Taj song, too! Yes…damned funny tune.

6. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:31 am

Robert Cray turned 65 yesterday…I was playing the CD with Foul Play on it when my gal friend Dodger fan walked in to store. She’s seen him couple times and recognized it right away. I reminded her they were in 3rd place and her take was similar to what we say about SF–Dodgers are up and down roller coaster of a team.

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:58 am

Damn! Had no idea. I have seen Cray probably half a dozen times over the years. He is one of my favorite blues artist/guitarists. He has that unique sound that when you hear his licks, there is no doubt it is Robert Cray. I think he has had the same band for 20years or so. They are always solid.

7. Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:34 am

SO here’s a question for you guys that still believe we have a chance this year: What is going to happen when those 3 arms get shut down starting in mid Sept? Is your theory that the Giants just won’t shut them down? That has to be it or else how would we “sneak into the playoffs”?

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:59 am

To be honest, I haven’t even considered it, Flav. If the kids say they’re good, I doubt they shut ‘em down, especially if they are in the race.

8. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:49 am

Don’t see how SF medico staff has anything to do with Cueto injury and eventual surgery. Andrews gave his opinion, giants rested him as much as possible before AS break and skipped a start that Suarez got.
    You can’t force him onto the operating table at gunpoint. Cueto admitted he was not fully truthful and forthcoming and remember there is a language barrier; everything said for publication is through his translator. This is on him 100%.

I do feel bad for the guy and the $$ doesn’t enter into it. He obviously enjoys playing the game and is fun to watch; sucks he is unable to do what he likes to do at the level he expects out of himself.

9. blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:00 am

The Giants can NOT even take on a minimum salary (read below) due to their apparent adherence to not going over the luxury tax threshold. Consequently, Flav’s question is relevant . . . Please explain how they get to the playoffs If someone gets injured or shut down as the article and Flav describe?????

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:03 am

If someone gets shut down, they put Blach back into a starting role, or bring up someone from Sac. See my original comment to Flav above. Honestly I haven’t even considered them shutting down the kids. Short-sightedness on my part? Maybe. But I do feel of the kids say they’re good, then the Giants will continue to trot them out there. Is that smart baseball?

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:07 am

that’s not going to happen. All young pitchers are managed like little girls these days. What they want to do is is not considered.

10. Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:16 am

Teams aren’t gonna go more than 10% over the last year’s inning total when it comes to the youngsters. Remember Harvey a few years ago? The Mets went way off the grid and kept pitching him in the post season even tho he was over his Innings limit. Boras was furious. He got injured later, never the same since. Speaking of Harvey, diggity, the window is beginning to close send me your best and most thoughtful buy out offers by this weekend

11. snarkk said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:56 am

IMO the Pen is entering the tired arm zone the next week or so…

12. chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:06 am

Well, young starters maxing out, potentially tired pen, etc., it is gonna be an interesting August (10 division games – seven against Zona, and three against la bumbinos), then 15 division games in September.

13. unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:06 am

Have fun in NY, Dawg. On my way to Seattle tonight to see Allison. Would love to sneak in a Mariners game but not sure if I’ll have the time,

• sandog said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:09 am

Thanks Chuck. Say hi to Allison for the SanDawgs.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:18 am

shall I assume that the dream of two Flapper offspring one day entering the sanctity of marriage and making a Flap baby is finally over?

• sandog said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:44 am

Thats even harder to predict than Cueto’s rehab. I’ve learned ignorance is bliss when it comes to my kids social lives. 😀

• unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:59 am

Will do, Dawg. Amen to that. . .

14. sandog said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:08 am

Buy you out? You guinnies really make me laugh. I don’t buy you out, you buy me out. I’m SanDawg– I was making my bones while you were going out with cheerleaders. I got a business to run and sometimes I gotta kick asses to make it run right.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:16 am

lol…POTD! Ok, suit yourself but……the window is closing

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 11:15 am

lulz. Definitely POTD. 😂

• wilcojoe said, on August 2, 2018 at 2:33 pm

Love the Moe Greene reference Dawg!

15. sandog said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:13 am

I’m not stressing innings limit on those dudes. They’re not hot prospects…let em pitch. Even if we do shut em down, we seem to be on a roll finding guys to step up and give us QS.

16. sandog said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:19 am

The rest of you…please weigh in on my Cueto over under of 12 for wins the remainder of his career.
    Chi is over.
    I’m dooming kinda hard on this one. The dude is not in great shape to begin with and now he’s not gonna pitch for 20 months with a fat guaranteed contract and he’s 30+?
    Am i crazy to worry he may never pitch again? I think there is a chance that could happen. Someone want to give me 40/1 on that? I’d maybe even go 35.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:35 am

I’ll take the over. You can go ahead and send me a case of Old 33 whenever is convenient for you.

I was thinking about this yesterday and wondering how his arm would hold up as a starter as opposed to relievers that have had TJ. A cursory glance at the names and numbers isn’t encouraging. That said I don’t think Cueto’s shape or lack-thereof will be relevant to his post surgery numbers.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:46 am

Absolutely over. He’s gonna have a brand new arm when he hit 34. And we get him for 2 of those years. I’ll say he wins 26 more with us alone

17. unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:27 am

Over, definitely.

18. unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:32 am

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 11:19 am

Absolutely great scene!

19. unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:40 am

Love this scene.

• Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:52 am

Oh yeah, a classic. “Do you know who I am? I’m Moe Green!” Ends up with a bullet through the eye for his trouble.

20. Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:41 am

I was watching Animal House the other day, and though I’ve seen it couple of dozen times over the years, I did not know that Robert Cray appeared in the movie, as the guitarist in band Otis Day and the Knights. Live and learn. Thanks TMC.

• sandog said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:45 am

That’s a Fun Fact.
      Over or Under LJ?

21. unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:42 am

Can’t believe Taj Mahal is still out there kicking it. Saw him in Colorado 32 years ago. That is bad ass.

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 11:22 am

Yeah Charlie – first time I saw Taj was close to 30 years ago. Dude still has it going on! We saw him with his trio a few years ago, and also saw KebMo with his band a couple years ago. I am looking forward to seeing these two cats together.

22. Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:47 am

sD– yes I’ll give u 35-1 that he never pitches again. Let’s say $10?

• sandog said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:51 am

Wager.

23. Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 10:48 am

Figuring Cueto will be around 34 when he comes back, I’m definitely going with the over if the number is 12. I think he may surprise some people. The state of modern orthopedic surgery is remarkable. This surgery has become virtually routine and the fact is, it’s rare when it doesn’t work. The Fresh Prince is a good example.

JC figures to be 100% healthy when he does come back, maybe for the first time in years.

24. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2018 at 11:10 am

I’m going over on Cueto for sure,,
    I’m going under if Doc Andrews should ever perform surgery anymore.Dudes 76 I think deminta is setting in..

• Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 11:21 am

lol

25. unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 11:59 am

Here’s 49ers CB Aikello Witherspoon’s grandfather . . .

If you let this run, you get a GREAT versiion of this song by Freddie King.

26. unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 12:08 pm

They didn’t shut down Bummie in his early career. I don’t know nor do I care. The pitching isn’t the big problem with this team. If they can hit for more than one game at a time, like say for a month, they’ll put themselves in a position to makr that decision. Otherwise it’ll be a series of 4-2 losses anyway. Then they SHOULD shut them down.

27. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 12:26 pm

“You’re getting chased out of New York.”
    “Don’t ever take sides with anyone against the family.”

Wow unc didn’t know that about A Witherspoon with the famous granddad.
    Times Getting Tougher Than Tough
    Undertakers got a union
    Can’t afford to die

• unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 1:57 pm

When I heard that we signed Witherspoon, the first thing I thought of was Jimmy Witherspoon. Just thought it was a coincidence, but sure enough . . .

28. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 12:37 pm

Wow Blues Power Hour!
    While my gal friend was helping me sell yesterday put on Freddie King’s Texas Cannonball after R Cray.
    She asked me about it I told her she could take it with her as she was leaving today after meeting big wigs.
    She said no thanks she’d check it out on Amazon.
    Ouch, running a brick and mortar I said, “Oh hun please don’t use that word in here.”

29. zumiee said, on August 2, 2018 at 1:04 pm

I’ll take over 12 for Cueto, as an act of optimism. But I’m not feeling highly confident.

30. zumiee said, on August 2, 2018 at 1:13 pm

In general, I like to give support to brick and mortar stores; but I don’t know when I’ll ever visit my local Barnes and Noble again. I’m tired of their cashiers pushing their discount card at me. And the last time, the guy pushed HARD in spite of me making it clear I was interested in paying $20 for a card that saves me 10% for one year. I’d have to buy $200 worth of stuff to just break even. I don’t buy that much stuff there in a year. I left the store vowing to myself to never go back.

• zumiee said, on August 2, 2018 at 1:16 pm

“I wasn’t interested” I meant to post.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 1:56 pm

one of the best things about buying things online and having them delivered to my house is not having to talk to checkout people in stores. I got no time for it, I definitely don’t have time for some dumbfuck trying to sell me shit I don’t want. I know he’s just doing his job and that’s fine we all gotta get paid but if I can side step those encounters I do so…..

31. zumiee said, on August 2, 2018 at 1:25 pm

Rockies blow the save. Davis stunk.

32. Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 1:32 pm

Diggity you find anyone to take the under? Quick scan looks like everyone took the over.

33. unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 2:04 pm

Zumie, I still hate the fact that Barnes and Noble killed all the local bookstores. There were 2 great bookstores in San Mateo that quickly perished when B&N came to town. Central Park bookstore on 4th Ave (where Gary Larson did a book signing early in his career), and San Mateo books on 2nd Ave across the street from Baskin Robbins. ,

34. chipower9 said, on August 2, 2018 at 2:08 pm

Yep – I think everyone took the over.

SanDog – I will offer the same that Flav offered: 35-1 ($10) on whether or not Cueto pitches again.

35. xoot said, on August 2, 2018 at 2:56 pm

great soundtrack use here of a blues classic. Click on the Watch on Vimeo button. RIP Tony Longo

• unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 5:16 pm

I’ve seen that movie but I can’t for the life of me remember what it is. . .

• xoot said, on August 2, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Mulholland Drive

• Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Great flick!

36. Macdog said, on August 2, 2018 at 3:47 pm

I’ll go under for Cueto if he finishes his contract with the Giants, over if he gets traded to a team that might score some runs for him.

37. pawliekokonuts said, on August 2, 2018 at 4:35 pm

I am ashamed to confess I’ve never seen The Godfather all the way through. Who played Moe Greene?

• djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 6:27 pm

It was Bert Lahr, Pawlie…

• Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 6:31 pm

LOL. Alex Rocco.

38. pawliekokonuts said, on August 2, 2018 at 4:38 pm

Pitch counts. I’m with you, Magnus. Ridiculous. But no one is turning back that clock. I saw Stephen Strasburg pitch a no-hitter, maybe a perfect game, in Syracuse and get removed in the 4th or 5th inning only because of his pitch count. And they do that shit all the time now in the minors . . . and as you say, even in Little League.

39. pawliekokonuts said, on August 2, 2018 at 4:39 pm

Latest book, my 10th. $0.99 on Kindle: https://amzn.to/2uSruhw

• Macdog said, on August 2, 2018 at 4:47 pm

• djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 6:31 pm

Let me guess…..”The Life And Times Of Emmanuel Burriss”?

40. Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 5:04 pm

• unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2018 at 5:06 pm

Ahhhhh, fuck. Who’s Next?

(see what i did there?)

• djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 6:48 pm

• Macdog said, on August 2, 2018 at 5:08 pm

Damn, this sucks. One of the very few reasons to keep watching the rest of the season.

• xoot said, on August 2, 2018 at 5:15 pm

well that sucks. Helluva an effort off the bench for us. After legging out that triple on Sunday, he was determined to score an insurance run. Did him in.

• djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 6:37 pm

41. zumiee said, on August 2, 2018 at 6:27 pm

Chuck, yeah, I didn’t feel sorry for Borders when they went out of business. Like B&N, they had put a lot of independent bookstores out of business.

42. Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 6:33 pm

Sucks about Panda. I didn’t realize the injury was that serious.

43. Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 6:44 pm

The Who. Never get tired of them.

• zumiee said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Totally agree.

44. Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 6:47 pm

Steve Pearce just clubbed his third homer of the game to put the Red Sox up 14-5 over the Yankees, after being down 4-0.

• djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:13 pm

He’s up now…

• djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:15 pm

He walked…

45. djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:05 pm

Giants surgeons operating on Sandoval:

46. Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:08 pm

Some kind of windstorm going on down there.

47. Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Bumgarner floundering again.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:26 pm

at least we’re not in any danger of giving him 200 million

48. zumiee said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Sandoval out 12-14 months. Yikes, that’s pretty much all of next season.

• djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:54 pm

Then his Giant career is over…

49. sandog said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:51 pm

KILLS me everyone is so bullish on Cueto coming back and winning 13 games. Sounds like I could have set the line in the 20’s and made a killing on overs. I’m dropping chips for all you guys ala Moe Greene the next time you come by my joint.

I’d love to see Sabes and Evans offer 5 yrs for 80 mil to Bum tomorrow while his stock is a bit low. He has shown in the past that he is a guy that values security over top dollar.

50. sandog said, on August 2, 2018 at 7:59 pm

Chi, i don’t want to get too overextended on Cueto. The Godfather is sick and I ain’t got that kind of muscle no more. I’m tempted to see if you’ll give me 40-1 on Pablo never playing again, but I don’t want to take on another doomer bet. Though it wouldn’t surprise me if this is it for Pablo.

I know nobody wants to talk about bad luck, but my goodness we’ve had some bad breaks. Injuries up the wazoo and a lot of big contracts that seemed like good ideas at the time, but have gone south hard.

• alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Well you know, “If I didn’t have bad luck I’d have no luck at all”

51. Bozo said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:09 pm

Wtg Bum.

52. Macdog said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:09 pm

Finally, a big hit by MadBum.

53. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Help yourself brutha.
    SD my first thought was same as Mac, under a good bet if W total is for Giants only.

54. djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:17 pm

I guess the Freddy Sanchez video was more relevant than showing a replay of that last fielding screw-up…

55. James said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:31 pm

The 12-14 months is for Cueto, not Sandoval:

“Sandoval’s locker mate, Johnny Cueto, successfully underwent Tommy John elbow surgery in Los Angeles. Dr. Neal ElAttrache performed the operation and said Cueto will be out 12 to 14 months, leaving a slim possibility that Cueto can return late next season.”

• zumiee said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:35 pm

Oops. My bad.

• djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:10 pm

56. Irish Kevin said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:35 pm

Bottom of the 6, this game will be tied, Meloncoly is coming in to replace Bum, the Giants will not win with Melonhead out there!!

57. pawliekokonuts said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Liked “Meloncoly.” And Loo’s 6:31pm.

58. zumiee said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:52 pm

We need better than ‘five and dive” from Bumgarner.

59. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:57 pm

curse of the pitching coach. Where was he throwing that one?

60. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:58 pm

Whatever the pitching coach said to him it worked great for the Giants! That throw to 1st was a duck 🦆 snort ..

61. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Another walk with wild pitch. D’Arnaud should have had a walk too.

62. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Hunter gets his nugget! Good AB

63. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:06 pm

Giants lose this one it won’t be Melancon’s fault. He gets a shutdown inning and Pence drives in insurance run.
    Bum may not have had best stuff but he outdueled Greinke who is best AZ has got.

• Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:09 pm

Yes, he gutted it out, as ugly as it was.

64. sandog said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:12 pm

Pawlie has a new book out and DK Goodwin (who I know from Meet the Press) gave him some love for Starry Night and Melancon threw a scoreless inning? NICE!

65. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:14 pm

none of the 9 fastballs from Black were less than 97. Strikes out golds with 99 and fools Pollock with slider for another K. wow nice inning.

• Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:17 pm

That strikeout pitch to Goldie was pure cheese. Nasty limburger cheese.

66. Lurker John said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:15 pm

Black is an interesting pitcher. Him, Moronta, Watson, Smith and even Muscle-Head makes for a pretty nice pen going into next year. A little light on lefties, but a lot of talent.

• alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:21 pm

Some teams don’t even have a lefty in their pen,glad we have to experienced studs in ours..

67. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:18 pm

Black reminds me of Nen, he’s obviously has a better heater, Nen the deadly slider..
    Buts it on the mound , Nen had that toe tap thing, Black has the pull the ball back out of his glove just before he fires 🔥..

68. djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:23 pm

I’d dump off Strickland and Panik for whatever and go hard after DJ LeMahieu…

69. djloo27 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:25 pm

70. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:26 pm

yeah money!

71. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:29 pm

Nice piece of managing their by Bochy, pinch hitting Hanson for D’Ard , looked like Lovillo got a Donny 2 step moment on his face..

72. Bozo said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:31 pm

Wow.

73. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:32 pm

I don’t see how this D back team is ahead of us? We own this team especially down in the wastelands, Lovillo sucks as a manager..

74. zumiee said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:33 pm

One player’s injury is another player’s opportunity. Slater has a chance to get a lot of playing time.

75. willedav said, on August 2, 2018 at 9:34 pm

Thrash! great sign for Giants—excellent ABs from Hanson Slater Duggar break everything open.
    And that ain’t the Padres out there either—Giants are knocking AZ out of first place tonite in their own yard.