Slappy Win

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 15, 2018

Is there anything better than a game that makes Puig look like a little slappy bitch? I’m assuming the interest in acquiring his bitch-ass has gone down a bit? I hope?

I missed most of this game, one of our cats got hit in the eye by a snake and I had to take him to the ER. On the way down there he ripped straight through the cat carry case I had him in. That was an interesting ride and visit, let me tell you.

Carson is a big boy, I bet the snake took the worst of that tangle…

Screenshot 2018-08-15 at 5.38.35 AM

Anyway, you guys saw it. That was a game designed to embolden a team and a fan base. From that standpoint I couldn’t appreciate Slap(uig) any more!!!!!

POTG is a tie: Hanson, Suarez and Hundley who is going down as one of my favorite Giant catchers of all time.

1. Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 6:00 am

Damn, Flav, hope Carson is okay. Great win last night! I was so wound up that it took me a couple of hours to fall asleep.

2. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 6:32 am

the only negative from last night is that Hundley didn’t fight. How badly I want Puig to get punched in the face cannot be understated. He got kicked out anyway, might as well have thrown some blows.

3. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 6:33 am

From Baggs at the Athletic this morning:
    “Hundley is 34. Don’t try telling him the Giants should’ve quit on the season at the trade deadline.”
    and then this. Perfectly stated:
    “Perhaps the Giants will not conquer the NL West. For now, it does not hurt to do some dividing.”

4. zumiee said, on August 15, 2018 at 6:45 am

Glad to hear kitty is hanging in there!
    This season is, of course, hugely more interesting than last season. It’s the middle of August and the Giants are still playing meaningful games.
    They haven’t proved yet they can stay above .500, so that’s a big goal.
    Whatever happens, they’ve entertained us this summer.
    D-Rod and Suarez are the biggest story.

5. alleykat69 said, on August 15, 2018 at 6:59 am

Yeah but with no 3rd string catcher(Gorky) you don’t need Hundley suspended, he’s a sparkplug for this team on the field and in the dugout.. Good job of baiting Puig, probably said get your sorry ass back in the batters box, and with that lowlife that’s all it takes to set him off..

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:03 am

Well someone could have punched puig in the face. He was running around like a homeless guy at midnight in the train station slapping at air and shit. Perfect time to pop him a couple of times

• gianthead said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:03 am

Where was Smardramjam?

• Bozo said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:52 am

We have Pudge’s kid. In an emergency I’ll bet he could strap on the gear.
      Not that I want him to.

6. unca_chuck said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:19 am

I nominate Pence as the enforcer. He was worthless in the scrum. But if he gets suspended for 3 games for decking Puig today win win!

I also majorly fuck with Puig today. Inside heat, maybe a fb to the ribs first pitch. Buster needs to up his trash talk game today.

7. unca_chuck said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:21 am

Pa hope the cat is OK.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:34 am

He isn’t going to lose his eye which is good. Honestly the worst part was when he ripped through the cat carry case like that scene out of alien from way back in the day

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:37 am

man Carson was breathing fire when he got out of that case and then began immediately tripping out as we were driving down the road it was such a trip man

8. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:39 am

Krukow is on fire right now on KNBR he lives for the s***

9. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:41 am

My opinion of Hundley has completely changed in the last 48 hrs. He must have gotten ahold of some of that Whiteside family potato salad that Twin was always talking about.

• willedav said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:46 am

lulz. the Prez stepping out there in front of the plate was probably his finest moment as a Giant.

Other than maybe the rant after Pence and Panik let fly ball(s) drop last year.

10. willedav said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:56 am

There is no comparison of talent btw 2 LUs last night. No question LA has better players.
    IF: Turner Machado Dozier Bellinger plus Grandal
    vs. Longo Hanson D’Arnaud Posey Hundley/Belt
    Kids in the OF vs, Kemp and Puig
    Grandal alone has 20 HRs–equal to Posey Belt Duggar and Slater combined
    And Giants 3 games behind them despite 57 less bombs.
    Yes LA leads league in bombs…and has 8th best record in NL and 3rd in division. Yaha!

11. gianthead said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:02 am

Carson would take out a couple chihuahuas….or pusses like Puig!

• chipower9 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:56 am

Carson looks and sounds like a bad ass. We have a chihuahua mix, Hangtown Fry, who weights about 15 pounds. The little fucker is fearless. He may have gotten his ass whooped by Carson, but it wouldn’t have been without him dishing some out, too.

12. willedav said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:02 am

Props to Flav for his call on Machado, of which I was highly skeptical. Cbs site said something about last night being his first rbi of August, and they were right. So far this month (halfway in almost) he’s hitting .229 with 0 bombs 1 rbi and .587 OPS.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:17 am

Ty. It was a realistic story line that could have unfolded and actually is unfolding

• snarkk said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:21 am

A move from AL to NL has to be a bit of a shocker hitting wise. I think Longo has had problems with that and is still dealing with it. You don’t know the pitchers, and in NL I believe there’s still more fastballs and sinkers and fewer curveballs. Takes time to adjust…

13. willedav said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:06 am

Props also to LA 1b coach Lombard for jumping in to wrap up Hundley and lead him away. Hundley seemed to acknowledge it from bench after things were all over and he had to leave.

14. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:18 am

Carson came out of that carrying case like whitey stepping in front of that plate

15. willedav said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:27 am

“It was awful. I didn’t like it. I hope I never have to DH.” Nolan Arenado yesterday, after hitting 2 run HR off Verlander in Houston, to dead RF. Rox win 5-1.

16. Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:41 am

You need to get yourself one of those hard plastic carriers. Carson sounds like a bruiser!

17. chipower9 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:46 am

Another game missed (most of it)…

Another win.

Fuck, I am going to quit watching the games in their entirety…and at this rate, the Giants will not only make the dance, they’ll win another World Series! 😜

18. Bozo said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:49 am

Winning sure beats losing.

Sorry about Carson. We have some cat killing dogs in the neighborhood so all four of ours are having to stay inside or enjoy the screened in back porch. They are not liking that.

19. chipower9 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:50 am

Read the wrap and checked-out the box this morning. Heard the details on the drive down this morning. Hundley’s comments, Puig’s comments (through his interpreter), and Bochy’s explanation (from the ump) on why Hundley got tossed. Need to go chase down video of the dust-up.

I love this shit! Late season pennant race games between the Giants and bums. Always great to see our guys put the screws to La bumbinos, especially late in the season where each win and loss becomes even more pronounced.

BEAT AL!

• Bozo said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:58 am

Beat down that fucker AL and kick the shit out of LA while you’re at it. 😉

• unca_chuck said, on August 15, 2018 at 9:37 am

Who’s AL?

• chipower9 said, on August 15, 2018 at 10:03 am

Dislexia strikes again. DOH!

Beat LA!

20. chipower9 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:51 am

Bummer on Carson, Flav. Hope he is OK. Is he a Maine Coon?

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 9:31 am

that’s what they told me, yes.

21. Bozo said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:57 am

When everyone got back in the dugout, Bum went right over and it looked like he congratulated Hundley. I didn’t see him in the scrum but I know he wanted some of Puig.

22. unca_chuck said, on August 15, 2018 at 9:23 am

That’s one big cat. Whenever I had to take my dogs to the pound, they knew EXACTLY where I was going and would freak out. My cats luckily never had to go to the pound. Thomasina would have killed me in the car. She was the meanest cat around but she was very cool. Had those devil horn ears.

23. Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 9:42 am

Some Maine Coons get upwards of 30 pounds, and they’re not fat. Just large-framed. Cool cats.

• chipower9 said, on August 15, 2018 at 10:04 am

Yep. If I ever get another cat, it will definitely be a Maine Coon. And everyone of them I have met are cool as hell. Great personalities.

• Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 12:43 pm

Yeah, supposed to be great family cats.

24. unca_chuck said, on August 15, 2018 at 9:53 am

I just can’t get enough of the ump running away from the fight. They were showing a bunch of giant dustups with Puig, and in EVERY instance, the ump got in the mix to at least separate the players. Yesterday, he backed up like a bitch

25. alleykat69 said, on August 15, 2018 at 9:59 am

Damm Carson’s the size of Duffy’s cat 🐈

26. chipower9 said, on August 15, 2018 at 10:06 am

Hopefully Carson does not take after the infamous “Fat Freddie’s Cat” of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers…

27. unca_chuck said, on August 15, 2018 at 10:13 am

If I’m Dereck Holland, I throw a high and tight fastball to Puig his first AB. Then I follow it up with another one.

• chipower9 said, on August 15, 2018 at 10:18 am

…follow it up with another one…in the fucking ear hole of his helmet.

28. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 10:18 am

29. alleykat69 said, on August 15, 2018 at 10:19 am

Are as Shoeless Jackson told Moonlight Graham, “He doesn’t want to walk ya, so look for a pitch down and away, but also look for one in your ear hole”

30. alleykat69 said, on August 15, 2018 at 10:21 am

Hey good timing Chi!
    Great minds think 🤔 the same lol

31. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 10:32 am

• chipower9 said, on August 15, 2018 at 12:58 pm

🖕🏼

32. denniszu said, on August 15, 2018 at 10:46 am

I bet you also have a lot of fun putting Advantage or something like it (anti-tic solution on him). He’s a big boy; but he seems to enjoy your company…We have 5….. with 5 personalities…a joy having…

As for the game;
    Thank you Mr. Puig. You probably put another nail in the Dodgers’ coffin. I will enjoy my shot whisky, while saluting the Giants flag for the win and in thanks for your stupidity.

IMO, there’s a little (though small I admit) spark to the Giants step with the last 3 wins. Who knows, a bench clearing could be the ‘fuck you’ attitude the team needs. I’m a realist with the standings, but also enjoy the fact that with a little more offense from Posey, Longo, Crawford long overdue and Belt, those young SPs could feel a little better that they don’t have go out each time and throw a shutout.
    Love to see them hold the line no worse than 4 or 5 out till Arizona (if still in 1st) comes to town end of month… That would be interesting.

• Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 12:59 pm

Yes, to all of it, cats too.

33. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 15, 2018 at 11:28 am

The win last night had a honky tonk feel to it. Anyway, write up on young Derek Rodriguez that has some interesting data points.

34. Macdog said, on August 15, 2018 at 11:50 am

Hope the cat’s doing OK, Flav. We got two of ’em, including one that’s pretty chunky size, but still not as big as a Maine Coon.

35. zumiee said, on August 15, 2018 at 11:52 am

“He must have gotten ahold of some of that Whiteside family potato salad that Twin was always talking about.”

And don’t forget their awesome ambrosia.

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 3:48 pm

Vern and Vera were Whitey’s folks…

36. unca_chuck said, on August 15, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Yeah, we do have a certain amount of control in our hands should we beat our division foes. 6 more with the Sherpas, 4 more with the Dogs, and 3 more with the D-Bags.

37. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 3:53 pm

38. djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 4:08 pm

I give my diabetic 3 legged cat an insulin shot every 12 hours…

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 5:21 pm

for real? I have to give Carson eye drops twice a day for a week, maybe I should quit complaining

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 5:48 pm

Have to test her urine frequently for glucose levels, also. This is done by putting a special stick under her while she’s peeing…

• Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:19 pm

I had to do that for my cat Sam for 5 years, plus subcutaneous fluids also for the last two. He passed in 2009 at the age of 17 1/2. He was a great cat, very chill.

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Yeah, been through the fluid thing with 2 previous cats.
        Kidney problems, as always…

39. djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 4:46 pm

1. Andrew McCutchen (R) RF
    2. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    3. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    4. Buster Posey (R) C
    5. Gorkys Hernandez (R) CF
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Hunter Pence (R) LF
    8. Alen Hanson (S) 2B
    9. Derek Holland (S) P

• snarkk said, on August 15, 2018 at 4:51 pm

I thought Craw was concussed? I guess if he sees two grounders coming at him, he’ll glove the middle one…

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 5:12 pm

Giants don’t worry about concussions until like the 3rd stage kicks in

• chipower9 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:43 pm

Word was he had a headache that night, but passed protocol, and yesterday’s scratch was precautionary.

40. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 5:13 pm

a text from a buddy of mine today. Snarkk, this was you, right?

“the best comment on the flap last night regarding Puig was that Hundley might have ‘y tu mama tambien’. That was gold.”

• snarkk said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Si…

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:19 pm

well, i just thought you should know that someone texted me about it and felt it was the most solid gold post of the day. Well done. Probably another Flappy coming your way, who knows

41. djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:11 pm

Christ, I know they arrive late, but the fuckin’ latrine looks about 40% full right now…

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:14 pm

maybe that slappy bitch Puig ruined their enthusiasm for another loss

42. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:16 pm

Kruk still repeating the same nonsense about humidity dragging a ball in the air. You would think someone would explain it to him,

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:27 pm

He’s broken fuckin’ record – squaaaaat, magic wandoo…

• Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:35 pm

Grab some pine meat…

43. djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Weak…

44. Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:20 pm

Busted now 1-9 in the series.

45. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:20 pm

you dudes were giving your cats injections every single day?

• Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:27 pm

For the last 5 years of his life. He was diagnosed as diabetic when he was 12.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:32 pm

that’s crazy. Did he take the injection easily or was it uncomfortable for him?

• Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:44 pm

The subcutaneous fluids were tough for him, and me, because the needle is such a large gauge, so it was uncomfortable. I was married at the time, and having someone to hold him and comfort him was helpful. Not something I looked forward to, but it had to be done. It gets easier with time.

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:45 pm

They don’t even feel it if you do it right…

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:48 pm

I was referring to the diabetes shot. The fluid thing is a whole different ballgame as LJ describes…

46. zumiee said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:21 pm

K&K really love to say Dutch Holland. It’s such a clever nickname.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:24 pm

it beats “Holly” but barely.

47. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:23 pm

fuck these guys, force them to sit in traffic like everyone else.

48. Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:25 pm

There always seems to be a lot of empty seats at Dodger Stadium.

49. Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:32 pm

The subcutaneous fluids were much worse. A large need inserted under his skin so a liter of saline solution would flow in there. He was getting very dehydrated by that point and couldn’t drink enough water. That cat was such a trooper, never once made issue of it. Needles for insulin are very fine and the cat barely feels it.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:33 pm

wow. That is a lot of work, kudos to you. And him for hanging in there for so long

• Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:36 pm

Special diet too. The only other option, really, is euthanasia. No way I was doing that. You know, you become very attached.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:40 pm

nothing worse than putting an animal down. Like, literally, nothing. I’ve felt worse about having to do that than I have when saying goodbye to a loved one. At least they know what’s happening. I mean, I guess they know what’s happening. But it sucks to not be able to say goodbye with words. And the anxiety they feel on the way to the vet is just awful.

• Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:42 pm

Yeah, it’s brutal.

• Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Like Loo said, the kidneys are always an issue at that point.

50. Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:34 pm

27 pitches but he gets out of it.

51. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:34 pm

i HATE the phrase *magic wandu*. It’s so stupid. I could see them using it one night and laughing, haha, but this has been going on for like 10 years now. It’s not funny. Not even a little bit.

• sandog said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:36 pm

I hate it too along with the rest of their weak schtick.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:39 pm

I was JUST wondering what you would think of this post. You often go contrarian on me and I was half expecting you to defend “the magic wandu”. Glad you hear you’re on the side of sensibility on this one. By the way…..the buy out window on the Harvey bet has offically CLOSED. We ride out the rest of the bet with the full weight of total and complete payment on the line. Good luck to you.

• sandog said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:42 pm

Just so the Flap record is complete, Matt Harvey laid down a sweet ass 7 inning/2 Ernie start the other night and I am one QS from putting this wager in the W column. The only sad part is that he is not doing all this in orange and black.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:43 pm

I’m as confident that I’m gonna win this bet as I was that the Dodgers wouldn’t win the WS last year. And if you recall I maintained total and complete confidence in that all the way up to and through Game 7 last year. You could look it up…..

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:52 pm

Nothing worse or dumber than “ugly finder” which as we all know should have been retired with the dugout maiming of Eugenio a few years back…

52. Macdog said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Holland’s first inning was so long, most of the Dodgers fans are probably there by now.

53. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Kiki looks like Freddy fucking Patek in those socks, it’s a terrible look

54. Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:47 pm

Puig, you punk. I hope he gets 5 games.

55. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:50 pm

by the way diggity, I’m gonna call you on “the only sad part is he’s not doing ALL THIS in the orange and black”. He has a 4.61 ERA with the REDS. It was at or above 5.00 up until this last start. I’m not sure I’d put that in the “all this” category.

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:53 pm

I think Diggity loves all things New York…

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:55 pm

one day I shall visit your far away land Loo and maybe I’ll feel the same way…..

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:12 pm

I’ll probably be in a wheelchair pushed by a fat woman from Trinidad.
        Should be fun…

• sandog said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:55 pm

Oh come on, that’s 4 QS plus those 2 close calls….we could’ve used those. Plus his ERA would be even lower pitching in our cavernous yard.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:56 pm

4 quality starts out of 16 is ho hum unless you’re comparing it to the nightmare lack of quality of work he produced for the Mets this year.

• willedav said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:30 pm

it’s not unreasonable to assume Harvey would have done mite better pitching at ATT than Reds bandbox yard. Considering how bad Reds pitching is, wasn’t a bad gamble. And Harvey’s ERA isn’t much different than Suarez blach and Strat.
        SD was pretty much on his own with this call; iirc Loo was in too just to F with Mets.

56. Macdog said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:53 pm

Harvey is scheduled to start Saturday vs. Madbum.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:54 pm

that is too perfect.

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:56 pm

That means MadBum Thursday afternoon at Citifield.
      Hmmmmmmm….

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:57 pm

I am predicting Bum blasts Harvey out of the game with a grand slam.

• Macdog said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:58 pm

Yeah, with the day off tomorrow, Giants are skipping a 5th starter to open Cincy series.

57. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 7:54 pm

Actually fuck it, Diggity I am reopening the window for accepting buy out offers from you. Chalk it up to me being in a good mood due to the last two games and the fact that Carson isn’t gonna lose his eye and is resting comfortably.
    Window closes at the stroke of midnight. Clock is ticking……

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:00 pm

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:02 pm

exactly. I am confident that San Dawg is putting together the power point presentation right now. As you know, I require my opponent to offer his/her buy out offers in power point presentation format or the offer is summarily rejected without reason.

58. Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:00 pm

Ryu isn’t very good anymore, it’s sad he’s striking out the side vs us

59. djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:02 pm

MINAJ is well on his way to NL Player of the Month…

60. djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:04 pm

Idiot fans screaming over routine fly…

• willedav said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:34 pm

on every one, ridiculous.

61. sandog said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:04 pm

You got a ride on the 7 train in your future Loo?

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:09 pm

A few things would have to fall into place.
      It’s possible…

62. djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:07 pm

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:17 pm

this gif is a distant 2nd place to the weirdo clown dude closing that door. I love that dude.

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:19 pm

I am very happy that he is being embraced here.
        I think he suits this type of season…

• sandog said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:21 pm

The dude has a name and his name is Willie. (Even if I couldn’t find a scene in that Twilight Zone episode where Willie closes a door. I still insist that is Willie)

I love how the door closes so slowly.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:23 pm

i don’t know who willie is or what the twilight zone is. I have heard of it but that never really crossed my consciousness back in the day.

• Bozo said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:33 pm

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:41 pm

Awesome, Bozo! Might be my Christmas present to myself…

63. sandog said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:10 pm

Tell what I will do Flav, since you’re being so nice. I will design a thoughtful buyout that you can bring to me and I will accept. It will avoid you having to lose another bet to me and save you a few shekels as well.
    Everyone will be happy. I’m gonna put my team on it right now and come up with a Goldilocks offer for your use before this game is over. Stay tuned.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:19 pm

i appreciate a thoughtfully designed buy out offer, as you know. While it would be ludicrous to think I would submit it back to you I will definitely find it amusing so fire away.

64. djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:17 pm

This game is the equivalent of elevator music…

• Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Or counting sheep.

65. Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:20 pm

Alright, I give up, I can’t figure out what MINAJ means. When I Google it, I get this broad:

• djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:23 pm

It’s an acronym for “Missing IN Action Jackson”…

• sandog said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:24 pm

I had to ask the same question on here LJ:

MIssing IN Action Jackson = MINAJ

• zumiee said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:24 pm

Missing in action Jackson

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:24 pm

lol, this is my favorite post of the day.

• Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:25 pm

Thank you gents.

66. Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:24 pm

Hernandez is a career .230 hitter .215 this year, and he just tortures the Giants.

67. sandog said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:27 pm

Channel 40 used to show some Twilight Zone reruns back in the day, but that was coming out of Sactown. Not sure if you would have been able to pull that from Palo Alto back in the day.

• willedav said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:38 pm

great show Rod Serling doing the intros…”consider if you will..” still remember one about voodoo doctor and talking heads. He has a gal assistant, who eventually does him in. Her line is, “Lakota (guy’s name) could make them talk. I can make them kill.”

• alleykat69 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:43 pm

There on all the time now Sandog,Twilght Zone Marathon’s on the sci-go network!
      Shatner, Freakin out on the plane classic,Burgess Meredith,last man on earth after a nuke, loved books,so no big deal being lonely, until he broke his Specs 😩🤓real bummer, loved Twilight Zone, still have some box DVD’s!!

• sandog said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:45 pm

Those are 2 of my favorites! Burgess wants to chat about David Copperfield with the customers at the bank!

68. Lurker John said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Holland has struck out three straight guys with that same inside pitch on the black.

69. alleykat69 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:36 pm

So if Kruk has a lunch/dinner out with Holland, do they do Dutch Treat??

70. djloo27 said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:36 pm

Ironically, MINAJ’s hot streak puts my beloved, but often injured Juan Lagares squarely on the block.
    I could see a package that would include Panik and Strickland going to the Mets…

71. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:38 pm

A good PowerPoint leans towards content over format but there are some pretty cool graphics that can put it over the top.

• Flavor said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:41 pm

when I thoughtfully process the buyout offers I receive I like to appreciate technology from the 90’s. That’s why I always demand they be presented in power point form or else…..summarily rejected.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:47 pm

Noted (on my PalmPilot)

72. zumiee said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:41 pm

Sure, if Ryu gets a strikezone that wide he’s hard to score off of.

73. sandog said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:43 pm

That half inning sucked, but this buyout offer I will allow Flav to present me is awesome:

-You only need to cover my beer tab for the Saturday in Reno
    -Lunch on you at the Top Deck Diner at Cal Neva
    -You carry around my Toomgis coffee mug for 4 consecutive hours on Saturday. You can’t explain that you are
    doing it because you bought out a bet. You just have to act like that’s the way you roll. (Feel free to fill it with
    the beverage of your choice.)

That’s it. Cut and paste that thing right back to me and lets get this done.

74. willedav said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:44 pm

So all Harvey needs is 1 more? With what 40 games left, which would give him at least 6 starts….hmmnn.

75. willedav said, on August 15, 2018 at 8:45 pm

OK lead off double into the corner…have any Giants done that this entire series—pull a flyball deep into the LF (or RF by LH for that matter) corner for a bomb or near bomb?