More Bad Luck

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 17, 2018

It is absolutely uncanny how none of our bad players ever get hurt. Turns out there’s an injury from the scrum? Oh really? Who was it? Casey Kelly? Hunter Pence? No, sorry, it was your ROY candidate, the best player to come out of this letdown season. D-Rod. Of COURSE it was D-Rod.

The only thing that could save the season for me, in terms of maintaining interest, would be if we traded for Matt Harvey and had him pitch against the Reds. That would be an old school move that never happens anymore. And really, though Harvey’s game has become rather staid, I’d certainly prefer seeing him jog out there than a guy like Casey freaking Kelly or someone from The Social Media Gang.

Also, if we traded for Harvey we’d probably need to cancel the Matt Harvey bet due to some type of contingency. We’d need to read the fine print of the bet, eh Dawg?

1. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 17, 2018 at 9:18 pm

Loo, completely agree with your 9:09. I’d do that trade, and I’d also roll the dice on Hanson playing full-time, even though there would likely be “oopsie-daisies” now and then from his defense. Dude just makes things happen, ala Pagan in his best days….

2. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 17, 2018 at 9:24 pm

And I still have subconscious wishful visions now and then of JD Martinez and Lorenzo Cain in the OF… Can only hope that once the G’s get through this season under the cap and then it loosens up a bit that there will be similarly qualified non-honkies available in the next off-season….

3. djloo27 said, on August 17, 2018 at 9:35 pm

I’ve been trying to be optimistic – was even considering heading out to Citifield next week.
    But after the last 2 nights, I’m convinced the team is :

• unca_chuck said, on August 17, 2018 at 9:38 pm

Breakfast?

• chipower9 said, on August 17, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Worse than that. They are burnt toast…

Burnt toast be so bad the homeless dude don’t want it…

4. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 17, 2018 at 9:57 pm

I’m feeling a waiver-wire transaction coming. Not feeling just how significant it could actually be at this point, could be Cody Ross-ish, but could just be warmed-over toast….

5. snarkk said, on August 17, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Mrs snarkk and I are at a restaurant in Moutain View and she saw the Reds jumping up and down at home plate on a replay of the walk off, and she said “what are the Reds doing”? I said “trying to get somebody to pull a hamstring…”

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 17, 2018 at 10:21 pm

lulz

• willedav said, on August 17, 2018 at 10:45 pm

A’s just walked off the Astros with bomb.
      wow that division got interesting in a hurry.

6. zumiee said, on August 17, 2018 at 10:43 pm

A’s defeated the Astros on a walk-off HR because of course they did.

7. willedav said, on August 17, 2018 at 10:51 pm

Panik and Strickland?
    Expendable sure but I’d want a lot more than Lagares and his career .667 OPS.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 17, 2018 at 11:01 pm

Yeah, maybe… But I don’t think the Giants would miss Strickland one bit (I know I wouldn’t). Panik, I’m ambivalent, I keep thinking he’s going to “break out”, and who doesn’t love the DP combo with Craw, but I’ve come around to thinking Panik just isn’t as sustainably good as many of us want him to be….

8. djloo27 said, on August 18, 2018 at 4:26 am

The Cardinals, with a starting rotation that’s even more anonymous than the Giants, are making another run at it…

9. djloo27 said, on August 18, 2018 at 4:44 am

What fuckin’ MINAJ is doing as a Met is fuckin’ insane and I demand a fuckin’ explanation…

10. snarkk said, on August 18, 2018 at 7:12 am

Yeah, must be an alien inhabiting his body.
    Since the AS break, he’s played in 20 games, had 70 ABs.
    Line: .400 / .440 / .600 / 1.040 with 2 HRs and 10 RBIs.
    If the alien angle isn’t it, then it’s coaching or some kind of release from the ATT ballpark effect.
    Getting healthy doesn’t seem an answer unless the Gyros were hiding something. They wouldn’t do that, would they?…

11. willedav said, on August 18, 2018 at 7:39 am

If the Giants are going to add an OF he’s gotta be better hitter than Gorks/league average. He might not ever hit another one now that he’s back to reality but he does have 13 HRs.