They Score We Suck

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 30, 2018

The hits just keep on comin’ and not the good kind that go over the fence. Duggar has a torn labrum and while I wasn’t all in on the kid it was nice to have someone young out there running around.

We scored another run yesterday. Runs are nice, aren’t they?

Freaking Blanco got the call to replace Duggar. Lol that is hilarious. The Giants are wandering around the wilderness and instead of bringing up someone young to evaluate they bring up The Old White Shark! Too funny.

This team is run by buffoons…..

1. blade3colorado said, on August 30, 2018 at 7:15 am

Injuries also effected Duggar’s 2017 season. He missed the first month and a half with a flexor tendon strain in his right elbow, then strained his left hamstring June 30. I am wondering if he’s injury prone?

Because of Duggar’s injury and Posey being moved to the 60 day DL, the Giants’ 40-man roster is full, but in order to give a September call up to Chris Shaw or another youngster, the Giants would have to release a player . . . I am fairly certain this is all related to the luxury tax threshold, but it’s so complex, I certainly can’t explain it.

• Flavor said, on August 30, 2018 at 7:40 am

yeah, it would be a tragedy if anyone from the 40 man got bounced so they could bring up Shaw. Like, what would we do if we had to release Blanco in order to bring up Shaw? The mind boggles…

2. djloo27 said, on August 30, 2018 at 7:49 am

Clearly a Shaw-Shark rejection on your part…

• unca_chuck said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:02 am

Ouch

• djloo27 said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:12 am

Some are gold, that one was plywood.
        Heyman on the radio just said there doesn’t seem to be much interest in McCutchen…

• snarkk said, on August 30, 2018 at 9:12 am

Why should there be?…

3. djloo27 said, on August 30, 2018 at 7:54 am

I would set the O/U on the annual average value of McCutchen’s next contract at $7.5 million.
    Then I would hammer the under…

• Flavor said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:33 am

#metoo

• sandog said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:59 am

Although that is a different question than the one I posed last night.
        For a multi year deal, I think 7.5 is a solid o/u.

• unca_chuck said, on August 30, 2018 at 10:41 am

Multi-year? Nope. If he gets one a 7 mill I’d be a little surprised. He might as well go by Underpants next year. He has fallen off the table.

4. willedav said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:28 am

The Blanco move is just to cover CF. Right now only other option is Gorks, who sucks. In 2 days they can get Shaw et al up here, but until Cutch is moved he’s in RF and Slater in LF. Slater only plays 1b when Bochy decides to sit Belt vs. tough LHP, which the NL West has number of.
    Shaw remember is a LH. If you’d rather see Shaw than Belt or Cutch (slater to RF?) OK I get that. But otherwise no reason to criticize them over this move.
    Blanco might have had hardest ball they hit all night.

I’d rather see if Hanson could play some CF over Gorks.

• willedav said, on August 30, 2018 at 9:04 am

Or as has been suggested earlier, let Cutch play CF and then you could play shaw/slater in corners.

5. Flavor said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:34 am

David West retired today, this speech after they won in 2017 is the mindset I wish all athletes had. In fact, all people should think this way. The world would be a lot better.

• willedav said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:58 am

thx. Loved West he’s a big loss. Hopefully Looney and others like the Jones kid learned all they could from him.

• willedav said, on August 30, 2018 at 9:01 am

Bell too. these guys have lot to learn about being productive NBA player.

6. unca_chuck said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:39 am

Shared a chairlift with Gene Hackman when I was 8. I think it was around when he was in Downhill Racer with Robert Redford. And I just told y’all that my mom and I met Dean Martin at the Cal-Neva when I was 6 or 7. I thought she was going to lose her mind she was so excited.

• snarkk said, on August 30, 2018 at 9:25 am

Sat across from Hackman in a Westwood bar in early 80’s. Guy was blotto…

• Flavor said, on August 30, 2018 at 9:40 am

back in 2010 or so I saw Hackman playing $5 blackjack with two drunk hoes on each arm. He was hammered.

• djloo27 said, on August 30, 2018 at 10:03 am

• Flavor said, on August 30, 2018 at 10:15 am

Wait I was talking one flap down. You talking Gene Hackman?

• unca_chuck said, on August 30, 2018 at 10:46 am

Popeye Doyle . . .

7. willedav said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:49 am

Watching Duggar get hurt last night wondered how often he has done that simple play diving back into a base or in the OF to make a catch and nothing happened, just part of the game. Haven’t lot of us done that, softball or otherwise?

I’d like to hear others playing careers either in HS or Pony/Colt travel baseball. what positions did you play, anyone who stood out as teammate or opponent, anything funny or odd you saw or did.

A guy in our company from NYC used to coach Rags on travel team.

• alleykat69 said, on August 30, 2018 at 10:38 am

Willied,
      I played 3 years on are varsity team San Carlos High 1972-74 won the league all 3 years, had a power House solid team, I was a starting RH pitcher and 3rd base when I didn’t pitch.I was the second pitcher starting still had nasty stuff , but are top guy named Keith Comstock a lefty was lights out,He ended up in the bigs after toiling around in the minors and also Japan making better coin for a stretch.
      He pitched for the Giants as a reliever in 1986-87 and was part of the trade when the Giants fleeced the Padres for Dave Dravecky,some guy named Kevin Mitchell (wow) and Dave Lefferts for Mark Grant, Comstock, forget the last guy probably doesn’t matter.. Talking to Keith he was bummed getting traded from his hometown team, but understood that’s ⚾️ baseball..

• gianthead said, on August 30, 2018 at 12:24 pm

Chris Brown was the center piece from SF in that trade right??? He ended up driving a truck in Iraq…

8. Flavor said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:50 am

I got cock blocked by Jessica Alba in 2003. I was at the Breeders Cup at SA in the turf club looking fly as fuck. Started talking to this hottie, she was feelin’ the Flavor vibe, about 5 minutes go by and her friend walks up. Jessica Alba. She gives me the elevator eyes like *who the fuck is this non Hollywood guy* and tells her friend she needs to talk to her. That was the last I saw of either of them…..

• blade3colorado said, on August 30, 2018 at 9:08 am

You’re not the Lone Ranger . . . Happened to me at a Madrid hotel bar in 1977. I was almost certain I was going to be taking this Spanish hottie to my room upstairs and this fucking tennis pro saunters up to the bar . . . Slow fade as me, lefty, and my baloney poney went to bed.

9. Flavor said, on August 30, 2018 at 10:16 am

I guess it would have said Hacman

10. xoot said, on August 30, 2018 at 10:54 am

Jan-Feb 1993 I lived in a hotel in downtown LA. Long trial. Many pre-super-bowl fetes. Hollywood celebrities all over the place. I started flying home on the weekends. I hate LA.

• zumiee said, on August 30, 2018 at 11:21 am

“I once shared a golf cart with John Forsythe as we left a party in the Santa Barbara wine country. He declaimed when he spoke.”

That was awesome from yesterday.

• snarkk said, on August 30, 2018 at 12:23 pm

Agreed.
        Reminds me somehow of lyric from Werewolves of London by Zevon:
        “ I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic’s,
        His hair was perfect…”

• xoot said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:30 pm

Ha! And now the music’s back in my wheelhouse, too. “Little old lady got mutilated late last night.” One of those lines the sons and I always sing along with in the car.

11. unca_chuck said, on August 30, 2018 at 11:31 am

The Lone Rangers . . . heh heh . Flav, you might love Spinal Tap but I love Airheads. Any movie with Lemmy and his moles in it has to be considered one of the greats.

12. unca_chuck said, on August 30, 2018 at 11:39 am

Willie, I saw Barry Bonds as a Freshman at Serra hit the Stuckey’s building across the El Camino from the Central Park baseball field in San Mateo.

• willedav said, on August 30, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Ha thx.

13. gianthead said, on August 30, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Well Blanco deserves better but we are also couple days away from expanded rosters..

• alleykat69 said, on August 30, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Can we also unexpand some players from the current roster??
      GH yeah good pull on Chris Brown who I forgot..
      He had production at times but just as many excuses not to play. He once told Roger Craig I can’t play 3rd today skip,..I woke up in the morning with a sprained eyebrow!!

• snarkk said, on August 30, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Deserves better what?…

• djloo27 said, on August 30, 2018 at 3:24 pm

Blowjobs?

• unca_chuck said, on August 30, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Twin would roll you for neglecting to mention Chris Brown’s service in Iraq as a Halliburton truck driver.

• zumiee said, on August 30, 2018 at 5:34 pm

GH covered it in his 12:24 post.

14. zumiee said, on August 30, 2018 at 2:10 pm

In John Feinstein’s excellent book about the minor leagues, “Where Nobody Knows Your Name,” he talks about what it’s like right now, just before September, for AAA guys. If you think you might get called up, and you don’t, it’s a crusher.
    Also, he mentioned if you go into a AAA clubhouse, you’ll see TVs showing MLB games. If you see a crowd of AAA players around a TV set, the most common reason is there has been an injury in the MLB game. Somebody might get called up.

• unca_chuck said, on August 30, 2018 at 3:57 pm

Like vultures circling a wounded horse.

15. alleykat69 said, on August 30, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Chris Brown died over in Iraq i believe,when hit a mine that exploded under his humvee..

• Flavor said, on August 30, 2018 at 6:13 pm

pretty sure he died after he got back from Iraq and his house burned down or some shit. Died in the fire? Something like that.

• wilcojoe said, on August 30, 2018 at 6:18 pm

Yep, he died in a house fire in his suburban Houston home.

• wilcojoe said, on August 30, 2018 at 6:20 pm

But Kat’s story sounds much cooler.

• unca_chuck said, on August 30, 2018 at 7:16 pm

He definitely took fire driving for Hallibutrton.

• xoot said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:25 pm

16. unca_chuck said, on August 30, 2018 at 7:41 pm

No Giants, and a scrubbini Niner game. quiet night.

17. djloo27 said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:02 pm

I’ll be the first to say it. The baseball season (and this miserable fuckin’ summer) can’t end soon enough for me. I’m still up every night till all hours with this team because I just can’t help myself…

18. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:07 pm

Panik hitting his way off the roster has been one of the more interesting things happening this season. McCutchen dealt NYY with Avelino (2b,ss,3b-minor leaguer) +1 to SF.

• djloo27 said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:40 pm

He is a massive disappointment and I want to send him, Belt and Strickland to the Mets for Bruce, Lagares and Flores. Everybody wins…

• gianthead said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:46 pm

Watching him this morning staring at strike 3 did not start my day off well..

19. alleykat69 said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Cutch traded to Yanks!
    Couple of prospects, not sure who, think their both 35..

• willedav said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:30 pm

yeah J Sherman on cbs site says deal getting worked out. Has to be done by midnight tmw for him to be eligible for playoffs.

• xoot said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:31 pm

ain’t that good news

20. djloo27 said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:30 pm

Saves about $3 million, I guess…

• blade3colorado said, on August 30, 2018 at 10:15 pm

$2.5 m

21. djloo27 said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:33 pm

22. gianthead said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:44 pm

We get a ham sandwich???

23. djloo27 said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:45 pm

David Peralta just hit his 10th homer of the month.
    How many do the Giants have as a team in August?

24. zumiee said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:52 pm

The MLB Network is showing the Dodger/D-Back game and, of course, are using the Dodger broadcast because of course they are.

• Lurker John said, on August 30, 2018 at 8:56 pm

They usually use the home team’s broadcast team.

• zumiee said, on August 30, 2018 at 9:07 pm

They’ve used the Dodger broadcast team many times when they were the visitor. It wouldn’t surprise me if they use the Dodger broadcast 90% of the time, overall.

• Lurker John said, on August 31, 2018 at 7:51 pm

Like I said, MLB Network usually uses the home broadcast team on their broadcasts. Usually being the operative word.

25. willedav said, on August 30, 2018 at 9:01 pm

Meanwhile M’s hammering another SP from Oakland 7-0.

• blade3colorado said, on August 30, 2018 at 10:04 pm

My best friend in Sunnyvale is an A’s fan . . . Now, I know why he hasn’t been ragging my ass about the Giants lately.

26. zumiee said, on August 30, 2018 at 9:32 pm

Can anyone remember Goldschmidt coming through big in a key game? He seems pretty un-clutch to me.

• blade3colorado said, on August 30, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Every game against us???

27. mrsprtdude said, on August 30, 2018 at 9:40 pm

All we got for Cutch was a guy in 7 years in the minors wa a guy with a career OPS of 706. Fuck. I luck McCutchen, and happy for him he is going to a winner. For us? Fuck. Craig nailed it Buffuns

28. zumiee said, on August 30, 2018 at 9:46 pm

I get the feeling the Giants front office is counting the season as basically successful, because:
    A. under the luxury tax line
    B. team hovered near .500

• blade3colorado said, on August 30, 2018 at 10:00 pm

As usual, you’re spot on. What they say and what they do – are usually 180 degrees apart . . . Yet, discerning that is not going to happen with the typical “wine, cheese, smartphone” fan that attends the games.

Regarding McCutchen, a relatively small mistake by the Giants, especially when you consider the nincompoop Longoria, Smarg, Cain, and Melanoma deals. I won’t add Cueto to this list, because at least he performed prior to his injury.

29. blade3colorado said, on August 30, 2018 at 11:26 pm

If Duggar has labrum surgery, these are the potential free agent center fielders this offseason:

Gregor Blanco (35)
    Rajai Davis (38)
    Craig Gentry (35)
    Carlos Gomez (33)
    Jon Jay (33)
    Adam Jones (33)
    Leonys Martin (31)
    Cameron Maybin (32)
    Andrew McCutchen (32)
    A.J. Pollock (31)
    Denard Span (35)

Come on down Denard! LOL

30. snarkk said, on August 30, 2018 at 11:27 pm

Getting rid of McCutchen leaves Longo left.
    So much for last off-season’s big moves. Dud, semi-dud, and dud-in-progress under LT deal…
    Watch McCutchen now wake up from his torpor and hit the crap out of the ball as a Yank.
    Giants get back some unknown body and Yanks #23 ranked OF prospect — he’s probably better than Slater and Duggar…

• blade3colorado said, on August 31, 2018 at 1:21 am

Dateline Saigon . . . In other words, you guys are all counting sheep:

Anywho, did you guys know that this year’s offense is actually worse than 2017? By these set of statistics, they are:

2017 Giants: 7.6 % BB/ 19.6 % K, .132 ISO, .249/.309/.380, 83 wRC+
      2018 Giants: 7.7 % BB/ 23.0 % K, .133 ISO, .244/.307/.377, 86 wRC+

The aforementioned was provided by McCovey Chronicles (who cited a fan’s comment on another article). Regardless, this confirms what I and other Flappers (Flav, Snarkk, etc.) suspected – this is one weak hitting team of historic proportions.