Win Friday Night, See What Happens

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 27, 2018

Gotta admit, the Giants did a fantastic job of setting up the last 3 games of the rotation. If they are going to have any chance of taking 2 or 3 you need Bumgarner to come up man-strong tomorrow night. Hopefully he didn’t injure a finger turning away Hanson’s attempt to *gatorade* him. Lqtm.

And if we win Friday, who knows?  D-Rod vs Kershaw on Saturday? Shit, I might even have to go to that game. Either way a Bum win would bridge us to Sunday where it’s a one game extravaganza! That would be our *wild card* game. We might lose that one 10-1 but at least the final game of the season would hold some interest.

But it really all comes down to Game 1. Bumgarner, do you still have it in you? Rooster, will you be  a squawkin’ or will dinner come a ‘callin?

1. zumiee said, on September 27, 2018 at 7:04 am

A game of big importance today, too: the Rockies vs. the Phils. The Rockies have been demolishing the Phils this week. Can they complete the sweep?

2. blade3colorado said, on September 27, 2018 at 8:00 am

Off topic – I just heard Dr. Ford’s live Senate testimony online. She seems very credible.

• gianthead said, on September 27, 2018 at 9:18 am

Except the girl she named at the party had already publicly said it did not happen…

• xoot said, on September 27, 2018 at 11:04 am

This cumbersome televised deposition-hearing is not going well for the right-wing repubs.

• xoot said, on September 27, 2018 at 11:22 am

and Lindsey Graham is an ass sucking piss ant 🙂 🙂 🙂

• xoot said, on September 27, 2018 at 11:47 am

but he didn’t used to be that way. strange.

• unca_chuck said, on September 27, 2018 at 11:54 am

The whole party is in league with Mr. Tiny Hands. That sucking sound you hear is the moral vacuum they’ve created.

• blade3colorado said, on September 27, 2018 at 12:00 pm

Yeah, ever since McCain – his “spiritual guide” and friend – passed away (actually, a couple of months before he died), he’s become closer and closer to Trump and the “dark side.” Orin Hatch, is another imbecile, who commented during one of the breaks, “She’s an attractive, good witness . . .” What a clueless fuck. No wonder Senator Grassley wouldn’t let any of those 11 bozos ask questions of Dr. Ford, deferring to Rachel Mitchell, a Republican prosecutor from Arizona, They’re all clueless.

• xoot said, on September 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Here’s my take away, again and again: the rich powerful repub supporters don’t care who fills the seats of government. Clarence Uncle Thomas? Who cares, so long as he votes right all the time. Brett Trainman Kavanaugh? Who cares . . . etc. The dimwit GWB? Who cares so long as he steers things toward the money. Trump? Holy shit, but still, he’ll sign our tax bill before he gets impeached . . . .

• xoot said, on September 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm

if I were Kamala Harris I would consider this line of questioning: Judge Kavanaugh, you’re a devout Catholic, correct? And you just testified that you didn’t list church attendance on your calendars because church was just automatic, correct? And as a devout Catholic, you participated in the ritual of confession, correct? And in confession you disclosed your sins, correct? But you didn’t list those sins on your calendars, did you? And you didn’t list this one on your calendar, did you?

• gianthead said, on September 27, 2018 at 12:56 pm

I was “on the record” that I wanted a female nominee to fill this seat. Would have been great politics and avoidance what I thought would be a circus…he will be confirmed…

• gianthead said, on September 27, 2018 at 12:58 pm

I am a believer that my side has too many white men and we do a terrible job at being strategic in our public face…

• unca_chuck said, on September 27, 2018 at 3:56 pm

See Xoot’s reply above. It doesn’t matter who the person is, as long as they vote straight red. If the nominee was a gay Haitian transgender junkie, they wouldn’t give a shit as long as they voted the party line. See: Every Evangelical voter who has subsumed whatever ridiculous beliefs they used to have and now disavow.

“Your side” doesn’t give a shit about being inclusive. They don’t need to be.

3. willedav said, on September 27, 2018 at 8:17 am

Rox can control things and be full game up with a W today; be so cool if they knock LA into second place. LA or Cards for last WC and neither would get a home game vs. Cubs or Brewers.

4. unca_chuck said, on September 27, 2018 at 9:08 am

A day off 3 days before the end of the season?

At least they avoided another 90 loss season. As it is though, Bochy has lost 194 games these last 2 years. So much for that .500 record.

Not that I’m counting.

• gianthead said, on September 27, 2018 at 9:17 am

I’m counting because it means he returns next year:(

5. gianthead said, on September 27, 2018 at 9:21 am

Great to see the Brew Crew sweep and clinch and now have a legit shot at not only winning the division but having home field in these playoffs and avoiding the one game wild card. .

6. unca_chuck said, on September 27, 2018 at 10:19 am

Listening to the guys on the Game yesterday and they were of a mind that if the Giants are really gung-ho about the rebuild, they should either include Bochy in the rebuild or not include him. IOW, him playing out the string is not going to help either way. He is either going to get behind the youth movement and roll for 3 more years of wandering in the wilderness, or they should just let him go in 4 days.

Since I really don’t think there is a snowball’s chance in hell he wants to be part of a long-term build out, it should be time for Boch’s permanent vacation come Monday. But since we are the Giants and we never leave a man behind, even if it specifically warrants it, Boch will get assistant to the assistant water cooler warmer.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 27, 2018 at 10:33 am

Sorry, Dusty’s got that gig covered. Bochy will have to settle for clubhouse hat stretcher.

7. Bozo said, on September 27, 2018 at 12:56 pm

Hmmm, those 10-1 odds for Pence to win the Willie Mac award are looking pretty good right now. I don’t know when the voting closes, but it sure seems like the farewell Pence weekend has been ratcheted up some.

8. pawliekokonuts said, on September 27, 2018 at 1:59 pm

Most likely, this has all been beat to death, but my take is: Sabean and Bochy were kept as a courtesy to 3in5. They are lame ducks on thin ice. Ceremonial positions. Sure, Bochy will be the manager, but if they suck again next year, gone before ASG. New GM reporting to Baer means Sabean has lost his power; as I said he’s there in deference to the past. Any of you who have been in big companies know this: consult the org chart to see who has power.

9. pawliekokonuts said, on September 27, 2018 at 2:02 pm

Blade, I lost your email and your phone number. Email or text me if you have mine, ok? What country are you in?

• blade3colorado said, on September 27, 2018 at 2:44 pm

Done. Hope you are well my friend. 🙂

10. pawliekokonuts said, on September 27, 2018 at 2:13 pm

I discovered I still can hear the dog whistle that only I and a few other Giants fans hear. Namely: I was parked on Marshall Street on Tuesday; it’s the main commercial street for Syracuse University. I was parked on the wrong side of a crowded one-way street. In my rear-view mirror and approaching on my left, I see an older guy with a black pullover and a splash of orange on the upper left breast. Orange? Probably some SU Orangemen gear. But as he came astride my car, I saw the SF, rolled down my window, and said, “Excuse me, sir. Are you a Giants fan?” Not only did he (a Dave Murano) say yes, but he went into an excited monologue about being a Giants fan “since before I was born,” he and his kids celebrate Willie Mays’s birthday May 6 each year, they mark the day of The Catch, Sept. 29, have scrapbooks and clippings, a man cave, and on and on. I told him about CHASING WILLIE MAYS, and he punched it into his phone and said he would buy it that day. I told him about my WS trips and calling Willie. “Let’s have a cup of coffee sometime,” I offered. Not likely. Not typically. But that’s okay. Kindred spirit.

• unca_chuck said, on September 27, 2018 at 3:07 pm

Too funny, Pawlie! They are drawn to you by the Great Giant in the Sky, John McGraw.

• Flavor said, on September 27, 2018 at 3:45 pm

They celebrate his bday every year. Wow.

• djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 4:15 pm

The thing he was punching into his phone was probably 9-1-1…

• Flavor said, on September 27, 2018 at 4:36 pm

lol

11. zumiee said, on September 27, 2018 at 4:28 pm

The Rockies flat-out took care of business against the Phils. The Phils had a nice season, but ran out of gas at the end.
    The Giants are thrust into meaningful games this weekend. Will lots of Giants fans show up this weekend, or will it be mostly Dodger fans getting tickets from StubHub? It would be nice to see a really good showing of Giants fans, but I suspect the ballpark will be 50/50 each team.

• Macdog said, on September 27, 2018 at 4:47 pm

Remarkable how the Rox went from 2.5 out after getting swept in L.A. to leading by a game heading into the final weekend. Other than the Giants, they couldn’t have hand-picked a more downtrodden team to play four at Coors than the phading Phils, who only have one more win this month than the Giants.

• Flavor said, on September 27, 2018 at 4:56 pm

Kapler started off with embarrassing gaffes and ended unable to influence his team in the slightest. I wonder how Philly fans view that guy.

12. djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 4:58 pm

Have the Rolling Stones sold their entire catalog to Acura?

• djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 5:07 pm

13. alleykat69 said, on September 27, 2018 at 5:09 pm

Here’s a trivia question since I’m bored…
    Who is the only pitcher in major league history to win 3 World Series starts in 3 different decades??

• djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 5:17 pm

Clemens is my first guess – not sure if he won a game in ’86 and not sure if he spanned the Yanks through their late 90’s -2000 run……

• djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 5:21 pm

Palmer’s my next guess…

14. alleykat69 said, on September 27, 2018 at 5:28 pm

Loo, Nailed it with your second guess.
    Winner Winner chicken dinner 🥘 with Jim Palmer!
    Won his 1st World Series start in 1966 against my hated Dodgers with a complete game shutout at the age of 20, damm impressive!
    Won in 1970 and 1983 to complete the 3 decades!!

• djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 5:40 pm

I knew Palmer had cracks at it in 3 decades, but wasn’t sure if he had the wins, especially in ’83…

• Macdog said, on September 27, 2018 at 6:43 pm

I looked up the ’83 Series, he got a win in relief.

• djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 6:48 pm

Mac the Fact strikes again!
        As I said, I had doubts about Palmer’s status as a geezer on that ’83 team…

15. Flavor said, on September 27, 2018 at 5:36 pm

i was leaning towards his first guess.

16. zumiee said, on September 27, 2018 at 6:04 pm

And Palmer doing all three with the same team seems unheard of nowadays.

17. djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 6:26 pm

Something about Lindsey Graham’s delivery today reminded me of this segment from the 1976 TV movie Helter Skelter:

18. djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 6:44 pm

Flavor: Probably gonna hit Belmont Saturday. Any thoughts on the JCGC?

• Flavor said, on September 27, 2018 at 7:06 pm

None. This is my racing hibernation time. After Del Mar closes and up to the BC. I play almost nothing.

19. djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 7:05 pm

If somehow the Rams play the Chiefs in the Super Bowl,the O/U will be in the upper 80’s…

• Flavor said, on September 27, 2018 at 7:07 pm

I’m really surprised at how bad the D is tonight. Exciting game, tho

• unca_chuck said, on September 27, 2018 at 7:09 pm

If the Niners didn’t drop so many passes, we would have put 35 on them.

• djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 7:11 pm

Rams should be ashamed of themselves giving out Roman Gabriel’s #18…

20. unca_chuck said, on September 27, 2018 at 7:06 pm

Great movie, DJ. Chilling as fuck.

21. djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 7:22 pm

Chiefs @ Rams 11/19 (Monday nighter)…

• willedav said, on September 27, 2018 at 8:57 pm

Yanks won Stanton hit 2 bombs. They should be able to host the WC game. Question would be who either team would start.
      A’s win they’d have to play 2 more on road in Fenway. Sox have won 107 so far, wow.

• djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 9:25 pm

Sounds like Happ for NY…

• sandog said, on September 27, 2018 at 8:57 pm

In Mexico City!

• djloo27 said, on September 27, 2018 at 9:23 pm

Didn’t know that!

• willedav said, on September 27, 2018 at 9:03 pm

post got lost. meant to say here first team to 50 wins.

22. willedav said, on September 27, 2018 at 9:01 pm

Of all teams to have to play with season on line, Cards last 3 in Wrigley. They’re gonna need some help from SF to get in.

23. zumiee said, on September 27, 2018 at 9:03 pm

According to MLB.com, the Rockies have already clinched at least a Wild Card. They just chugged along all season, a little off the radar.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 27, 2018 at 10:04 pm

That can’t be right… can it? Looks like Cards could still get that 2nd WC (although probably not likely) and whoever doesn’t win the West would be out.

24. mrsprtdude said, on September 27, 2018 at 10:23 pm

That can’t be right. Colo 2 games up on Cards with 3 left. If they get swept and cards win 3 in a row Colo would be out. My guess is they hold the tie breaker vs cards and magic # is 1.

Hey if Giants win 2/3 and Cards win 2/3 they would be tied for 2nd WC with LA. What then?