Losers Losing

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 29, 2018

The Rockies must look at us and just shake their heads, “What a bunch of pussies.” I’m sure Colorado has given up counting on even a single win from us and will now just try to fend off the Dodgers by winning out.

Will Smith winning the Willie Mac award is cool, I guess. I clearly don’t understand the criteria or what it takes to win. I mean, what did Mark Carreon do in ’95 that moved his teammates to vote for him? Who knows.

How many runs do the Giants score off Kershaw today? Their customary 1?

1. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 6:48 am

• Flavor said, on September 29, 2018 at 8:09 am

you’re doing quite well with these.

2. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 7:32 am

5 (Mr. No One), 6 (Flav) and 7 (snarkk and I) are the only possibilities in the win column. My money is on Mr. No One. lqtm

3. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 7:58 am

Highlight of the game . . .

• wilcojoe said, on September 29, 2018 at 9:14 am

Holy shit there is a lot going on in this video. I thought that was Clay Matthews in a Dodgers sweatshirt, scrapping with the cop. Turned out, it was a chick.

Don’t sleep on the Giants fan throwing his tub of popcorn at the ejected/arrested? Dodger fan coming up the aisle. Great stuff here.

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:00 pm

Yeah, the Giants fan throwing the tub of popcorn was great!!! 🙂

• Lurker John said, on September 29, 2018 at 11:21 am

What kind of idiot broad resists arrest at a baseball game? That smacks of the Candlestick years. Awesome.

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:59 pm

She was probably “3 sheets to the wind.” Her idiot friends almost got arrested too.

4. willedav said, on September 29, 2018 at 8:10 am

Bozo thx for Slim Gaillard vid, very cool. Pretty handsome devil too. He was out here a bit wasn’t he–part of Slim and Slam?
    Dug S-P by Airplane a lot. Always liked Today 3/5 It’s No Secret good stuff. I’ve read couple different Balin obits but iirc Grace Slick was not the original singer–wasn’t it Swedish gal Signe Andersen (sp)?

5 GIDPs…Giants sure hit the ball on the ground a lot. that Specs AB changed the game–they had Ryu straining and let him off the hook and then Kike and Turner lit up Bum.

Hernandez, like other Dodgers, unfortunately reps the main difference btw Dodgers and SF–they bring guys off the bench that can hit 20 bombs. Notice Pederson and Puig didn’t even start last night, nor Bellinger and these are all 20 HR/.800 OPS hitters Roberts will sit vs. LHP. Lot of fans hate Roberts for mixing lineups, but he has multiple weapons he can platoon to get 20 bomb/.800 OPS guys into LU.

Giants of course don’t have even one they can start.

• Bozo said, on September 29, 2018 at 11:00 am

Yup, Slim and Slam with Slam Stewart on the bass. Slam used to sing his bass parts while bowing the notes, great stuff. If you get a chance check out the youtube clip of Slim doing the song, Cement Mixer. Before he plays the tune on guitar, he sits down to do some piano thing which includes him playing some with the palms of his hands facing up. Again, great stuff.

• Bozo said, on September 29, 2018 at 11:13 am

BTW, Slim doing the Fuck Off (Dirty Rooster) song was on the classic LP, “If It Ain’t A Hit, I’ll Eat My…Baby”. It has various artists doing such hits as “The Rotten Cock Suckers’s Ball” and “Big Ten Inch”, an absolute must for everyone’s vinyl collection.

5. willedav said, on September 29, 2018 at 8:15 am

props to east coast guys for hanging in as another dreary season comes to an end too–Bozo PK Loo Mac. I can barely stay awake out here 3 hours behind.

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2018 at 9:25 am

It’s gone so far downhill that it’s almost forgotten that we were enjoying a decent chunk of the season…

• sandog said, on September 29, 2018 at 9:58 am

For the teardown fans among us, these past couple of weeks have been a sneak preview of what the next 2-3 years would look like if they went that route.
        As for me, no thanks. I still hope we make no trades, sign Bum, add some bargain free agents and pray Buster comes back to full strength.

6. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2018 at 9:59 am

At the end of a loss season most teams out of it don’t give a shit,their just thinking of tee times and banging their wives are mistress..

7. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2018 at 10:13 am

Well I hope whoever the new GM will be gets enough power where even Larry takes a backseat (probably won’t happen though sadly)
    I would still make a aggressive play on 2 OF’s,Harper&AJPollock!
    A Outfield of Pollock LF/CF Duggar LF/CF and Harper in RF would get my juices flowing..
    Pollock&Duggar can really go after a ball, their Defense automatically gets better with the speed they provide..

8. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 10:39 am

Dawg, the complete tear-down wouldn’t have playing time going to Pence and Blanco.

Is Bochy going to bat the .590 OPS Pence lead-off all series? Yikes.

• alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2018 at 10:42 am

Said he was Zumie, yikes !
      Loyal to the last AB

• Macdog said, on September 29, 2018 at 10:42 am

Did you see the ridiculous stat they put up for Pence last night? Something about he was among the top 5 hitters in MLB since last Saturday, Yippee.

• xoot said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:34 pm

I saw that. .421 BA for those few days right? And I think that put him fifth on the mlb list. Who could possibly give a shit?

• sandog said, on September 29, 2018 at 10:49 am

Good point, but I think the Win/Loss results would be about the same.

9. Lurker John said, on September 29, 2018 at 11:17 am

You all should be getting the Willie Mac Award, for continuing to watch this joke of a baseball team. I really don’t get it. My mood has improved measurably since swearing them off a month ago.

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2018 at 11:22 am

I’ve hardly watched the last week or two and quit DVR-ing the games. It is like having a burden lifted.
      Like getting off of idiotic Facebook…

• Macdog said, on September 29, 2018 at 11:30 am

Last night was the first game I watched in at least a couple weeks, and might very well be the last.

10. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 11:44 am

I can put on a Giants game and read at the same time.

11. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:08 pm

Side note to Unca Chuck:
    We may disagree on some stuff but it really doesn’t matter – you’ll always be my buddy here (11 years and counting!). So many guys here that I still hope to guzzle a few with before it’s all over.
    Just no IPAs, please…

12. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:22 pm

Will Smith taking home the Willie Mac award is just so very 2018. Sniff.

13. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:23 pm

It will be a beautiful, cool, sunny, slightly breezy early fall day today at Strawberry Canyon in Berkeley. Great classic afternoon for the Golden Bears to take on the very tough Ducks at Memorial Stadium. So for TV, the game starts at 7:30. Arghhhh….

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Pet peeve of mine, too. All Giants’ Sat. home games should be day games, like they used to be.

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Today fortunately is a day game.

• Flavor said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:55 pm

Prepare yourself now, Ducks are gonna win big

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:01 pm

Yeah, define big. I dunno what the spread is. Bears D is better this year that past 5. I say they keep it at 17 point differential, at most. Of course, I’m far more optimistic with Bears than with the Giants…

14. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Giants have been very low on my radar the last few weeks. So, they scored another one run last night, for Bum. Sweet. Mad Bum is far more valuable now to the Giants on another team. Bring on the new GM and regime to make that happen. Burn this thing down and rebuild…

15. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:41 pm

A Pence/Gorkys/Blanco starting outfield today is sad.
    I couldn’t come up with a better word than “sad.”

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Today’s outfield is exhibit A to burn this thing down…

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:47 pm

What’s the over/under on Ks for those three today? I’ll say 5.5.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:53 pm

If Blanco is even in Camp next Spring I will have to question the sanity of the new GM…

16. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:51 pm

For Stick
    From Styx..Stay strong Flapper Brother!
    Another year has passed me by
    Still I look at myself and cry
    What kind of man have I become?
    And I’m still in the dark
    Cause I can’t seem to find the light alone
    Sometime soon I feel like a man in the wilderness
    I’m a lonely soldier off to war
    Sent away to die,never quite knowing why?
    Sometime it makes no sense at all
    Ten thousand people look my way
    But they can’t see the way I feel
    Nobody even cares to try
    I spend my life and sell my soul on the road
    And I’m still in the dark
    Cause I can’t seem to find the light alone
    Sometime I feel like a man in the wilderness
    I’m a lonely soldier lost at sea
    Looking for love I’m a man with emotions
    (And my heart’s on fire)
    I’m dying of thirst in the middle of the ocean
    I’m alive

• Flavor said, on September 29, 2018 at 12:58 pm

nice sentiment. I hope he’s ok, things didn’t sound good at his sentencing. Here’s an excerpt from the end of the article I read:
      The court granted a downward departure from the pre-sentencing recommendations due to Clausen’s “significantly reduced mental capacity,” according to a sentencing order.

Clausen made requests on his own behalf on Wednesday to withdraw his guilty plea. He also asked for a trial, a new defense attorney and to be released from custody.

Davis denied all of those motions.

17. Flavor said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:12 pm

1-0 courtesy of that douchbag Paly grad Joc Numbnuts. I’m catching the rest of this one on the radio.

18. Flavor said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:13 pm

embarrassing

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:18 pm

That’s a group of Dodger fans that travel as a big organized group, but still.

19. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:19 pm

Pence opens with a K. No one could have seen that coming.

20. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:23 pm

1-0 LA after one, against Kershaw.
    Game over?…

21. xoot said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:27 pm

the 2018 Giants have given a whole new meaning to end of the season spoilage

22. Bozo said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:31 pm

Plan B, we need a plan B.

23. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:33 pm

2-0 now on 2 HRs. Game now for sure over? Nah, Giants don’t need massively more HR power to compete in today’s game, not at all…

24. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Holy Crap.
    Craw 5-41 lifetime v Kershaw…

25. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Their approach is 2 walks and a triple play..

26. Stan Shell said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Turned on the DVR just in time for Pederson’s HR. Switched to 866 (light classical) ASAP. To think it was his 25th and he didn’t even start yesterday. And, on here I find our outfield consists of an extreme over-achiever (Gorko) and two nice guys.
    An absolute tear down is the only way to clean out this mess. Also, anyone remotely involved with drafting and developing players needs to go by next Monday. Look at an organization like the Devil Rays and hire the most senior guy there and make him the GM.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Home opener 2019 at ATT is with Rays…

27. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Whoa, Gorky with an RBI knock off Kershaw? That’s unexpected pleasure. Then he gets caught stealing, with a bad jump. Not unexpected…

28. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:55 pm

Rodriguezx — looks like today he doesn’t have much mustard on it.. Maybe his arm has hit the wall. Whatever the result today, Rodriguez is the most pleasant surprise of the year…

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:57 pm

Best story of the season for the Giants.

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:58 pm

Even today, without his best stuff, he competes.

29. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 1:56 pm

Muncy with some meat-head baserunning.

30. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:05 pm

Woo Hoo !
    3 straight hits off of Kershaw for 2 RBIs — Blanco, Pence, Panik.
    Giants sniffed some smelling salts — WTF? …

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:08 pm

Right? Where’s that been all season? Oh well, at least it’s against the Dodgers.

31. Bozo said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:05 pm

Plan B is working.

32. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:07 pm

Hunter, rising up like Samson at the end.

33. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:11 pm

If I were the new SF GM, I would make a play for Kershaw this offseason, so that he opts out. I doubt seriously he would leave, and he’s owed $32.5M per season the next 2 seasons. But, SF could make LA up the ante to keep him, to further hit their payroll, and that would be a good thing…

34. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:16 pm

A walk and a bloop.

35. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:22 pm

Too bad Rodriguez obviously just didn’t have it in his last start.
    Just running out of gas for the year, probably, as he’s in uncharted season innings territory. A real plus though, heading into next Spring Training…

36. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:25 pm

Oy, this one is looking like it could spin out of control..

37. Bozo said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:26 pm

Time for Plan C.

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:28 pm

• Bozo said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:54 pm

Thanks, chum. 🙂

38. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:27 pm

Blach lobbed in a terrible pitch to Kershaw.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:45 pm

IMO Blach is not a Pen guy that should come in with runners on.
      He needs to come in to start with a clean inning. You can’t come in and give up a hit to Kershaw, he’s still a pitcher fer Kreissakes. Blach just blew up Rodreiguez’ ERA for another 2 runs…

39. xoot said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:29 pm

holy shit Pence’s “throw” home from short RF just now was terrible. Compare it to the great throw, during his heyday, included in the tribute video Flavor (I think) posted here yesterday.

I foresee a new career for him next year promoting high-mountain fair-trade coffee cultivation around the world and hip bullet-proof cafes around the USA. Best to him.

40. Macdog said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Holy crap, twice rallying from 2 runs down vs. Kershaw.

41. Bozo said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:52 pm

42. xoot said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Still it would be nice to whip Kershaw today

43. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 2:53 pm

44. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:00 pm

Black is Strickland, Jr.

45. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:05 pm

Kershaw not doing his opt out plans any good today…

46. Bozo said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:09 pm

Strike.

47. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:10 pm

Watson with a huge shutdown.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:13 pm

Giants MUST re-sign Watson for next year.
      Assuming he wants to come back…

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:21 pm

Awesome, I just checked Cot’s. Watson is coming back — signed for 2019 at $3.5M, plus incentives. Player option in 2020 for $2.5M, with $500K buyout…

48. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:12 pm

In his 4 starts against the Giants this season, Kershaw has a record of 0-1.

49. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:30 pm

This fuck is going to walk him. Sheesh.

50. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:31 pm

Wow- the at’em ball saved Melancon.

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:31 pm

Exactly. That was a hit anywhere else.

51. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:34 pm

Bochy putting Melancon in there with bags loaded is like tightrope walking with a bottle of nitroglycerine. Luckily he made it across with the 3-1 at ’em liner to Panik…

52. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:43 pm

Hanson is batting .180 right-handed. It’s kinda like what’s the point?

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:44 pm

And all his power is from the left side.

53. Flavor said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:44 pm

I like baseball on the radio but Flemming is just the worst. Every inning he takes one particular talking point and then refuses to shut the fuck up about it. EVERY INNING

• Bozo said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:30 pm

Yeah, he drives me crazy.

54. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:51 pm

Kuiper had the right managerial call. Walk Machado and bring in Smith.

55. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:53 pm

I know Bochy is thinking “long game” with Melancon. The Giants are stuck with the stiff for two more seasons and Bochy’s trying to revive him.

56. Flavor said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

57. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Bochy must desparately want to prove repeatedly that Melancon is earning that disastrous contract.
    And it consistently blows up. Just ridiculous.
    If BoSox or Yanks had this dude perform like this, they’d cut him loose, eat his contract and never look back without a shrug. Giants new GM has to work hard to get rid of this phuck…

58. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

You knew disaster was going to occur when Melanoma was nibbling the plate with Freese. He no longer has an “out” pitch. Consequently, he can’t challenge hitters anymore with the weak shit he has. Next season, they can’t allow him to pitch anywhere near the 8th and especially, 9th inning.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:02 pm

I will always suspect he was signed as damaged goods. I think the Nats knew something, they didn’t go after him strong to re-sign, if at all. Dusty probably knows. Remember, when he first started 2 seasons ago, there were rumors he didn’t get along with the rest of the Pen, plus he sucked in performance. Just a massive swing and miss by Sabean…

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:05 pm

Evans gets to fall on the sword.

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:09 pm

I was against this signing from the get go . . . even more so when he started acting like a prima donna upon arriving here . . . https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/giants/report-melancon-rubbed-giants-teammates-wrong-way-early-season

• xoot said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:17 pm

When I heard talk about el con man’s “surgical precision” I didn’t expect him to display it on his own throwing arm. He’s worse than toast now

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:19 pm

Evans said “To whatever degree it hasn’t manifested itself or to the extent it’s manifested itself in the perception of some negatively, I can assure you that was not Mark’s intention.”

Evans sounded like Melancon’s lawyer.

• xoot said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:22 pm

His shitty lawyer

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:27 pm

Evans should have been fired just for uttering that gibberish…

59. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:02 pm

There’s your Giants season right there. A batted ball that travels 3″.

60. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:14 pm

Sorry, Rockies, yer on your own.

61. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Nightmare ninth.
    So much for the spoiler role.
    Time for this season to end, and let the bloodletting begin to the greatest extent possible.
    Basically anybody worth trading has a full or partial no-trade clause, except Bum, pointedly.
    What kind of FA would want to join this disaster — anybody good you’ll have to bend over and crazy crazy overpay. Farm system cupboard bare with position players ready of any consequence. What a mess…

62. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:25 pm

6 looks like the correct number for Sept wins as the Dogs get hammered in town tonight and lose tomorrow.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm

Pathetic finish doesn’t even come close to the proper description of September.
      I heard yesterday that the Giants were hitting around .175 with RISP for the whole month.
      Of course — the worst in MLB…

63. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:27 pm

“Nightmare ninth” is a spot on description with an exclamation point! Worse, I’m flabbergasted that it looks like 75-80% of season ticket holders sold their seats to Dodger fans. I really can’t recall seeing a “sea of blue” totally take over the Phone park. Sad.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:31 pm

When you’re getting reamed by Baer with outlandish pricing for tix and everything else, hey, your loyalty only goes so far. With this ludicrous product put on the field the last 6 weeks, I don’t blame fans one bit for making some cash back from the wallets of Doghair fans…

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:35 pm

Yes, quite true. Don’t blame them at all either.

64. Flavor said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:28 pm

being so far off the east coast it’s hard for me to comprehend the love for David Wright. They’re giving this dude standing O’s, sending him out to take the field all by himself, I don’t get it. To me he was a guy who was always hurt. What am I missing New Yorkers?

• unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:41 pm

He was a good Met?

• Macdog said, on September 29, 2018 at 5:39 pm

65. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:35 pm

Last gasp for el tiburon blanco

66. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:37 pm

Good for Blanco! Especially, after that “headhunter” pitch.

67. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:41 pm

I hope that was Melancon’s last appearance as a Giant..

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:44 pm

We’ll be hearing about his off-season regimen this winter, how he’s in the best shape of his life, his pride, his desire to prove people wrong, blah, blah, blah.
      We’ve seen this movie before.

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:48 pm

Until I see this organization acting differently a la Red Sox, Dodgers, and Yankees (as snarrk pointed out above), I have to believe you’re correct zumiee – it will be business as usual. I wont wait too long into the hot stove season about knowing what’s what either.

68. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:42 pm

Cardinals are toast.

69. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:43 pm

I will be rooting for the A’s in that WC game v Yankees next week
    The A’s waste more HRs in a week than the Giants hit in a month…

70. Bozo said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:44 pm

On to plan D, get drunk.

71. snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:45 pm

Kershaw’s worst game EVER v. Giants.
    SF still got smoked…

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:47 pm

2 doubles from Pence.

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:53 pm

Happy for him. That being said, I do not want the Giants giving him a minor league contract or any other type of invite to Spring Training. All of his skills, especially on defense, have diminished significantly. Just do a clean break and thank him for his service. Five years from now, prepare the brass plaque for a space on one of the park’s outside walls and have a ceremony in his honor.

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:56 pm

He got his OPS into the .600s.
        His OPS is now…….
        .600!

72. Ken Moseanko said, on September 29, 2018 at 4:57 pm

As a lifelong Giants fan, I’m thoroughly frustrated and pissed off ! The Giants had a chance to show a little pride with something to play for at the end of a losing season by knocking the hated Dodgers out of the playoffs…at least to send them to a one game W.C playoff….Instead, they fold like a bunch of washed out has beens. I’m not blaming their patchwork offense quite as much. They’ve faced injuries and relied on young new players most of the season and we’ll need some changes next year. The damn pitching, bullpen in particular is what sucks ! At least the offense managed 6 runs today, most against Kershaw…The whole damn pitching staff though, threw up softballs all day… 5 freaking runs in the last two innings in a close game ???? This completely sucks, and so do the Damn Dodgers…Go Rockies and Brewers !!

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 5:03 pm

Since early June, the Giants overall pitching staff has had one of the top ERAs in MLB.
      This, despite the supposed main cogs of Cueto and Samardzzzz being gone.
      Pitching has not really been the issue all season. The abject failure of the offense is the issue. Its impotence cannot be easily resolved in the next two seasons..

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 5:04 pm

Welcome to the Flap! Hope we see more of your posts . . . All Giants fans are welcomed here.

73. zumiee said, on September 29, 2018 at 5:09 pm

Of the older veterans, who can the Giants expect to perform better next season? Posey, maybe after surgery. Who else?

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 5:17 pm

Nobody. Panik might, but he’ll be traded.
      I think Longoria will do what he’s doing, gradually decline. He never got better as this season went along, which is what I thought as he got more used to NL pitching. Yeah, he had the hand injury, but after healing, I didn’t see improvement. He doesn’t take walks, his OBP is beyond horrible. I fear that contract is going to really be a drag the rest of its 4 more years — OUCH…

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 5:18 pm

Just my opinion – no one. Regarding Posey, I think this surgery is more significant that anyone in the Giants organization is letting on. Remember, he had this surgery on September 1st and they projected 6-8 months recovery time. He’s a catcher and no one can convince me that having hip surgery for a catcher is the same thing as for an outfielder, 1st baseman, etc. In short, I expect regression especially for him. In fact, I don’t even expect him to catch full time next season.

Regarding the other veterans, again, regression will be the norm in my opinion. Which isn’t saying shit, because frankly – they mostly all sucked this season.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2018 at 5:27 pm

I think blade and I are on the same page.
      From my POV, I see entry into this offseason as critical. Any new GM has to have no sentiment enter into the assessment of this mess. No player should be sacrosanct from being moved. Deadwood on the field and management has to go. The organization has ossified after two decades of Sabean management. His time and approach has come and gone. This is 2.5 seasons now of crap, not just one. This isn’t a blip, it’s a friggin free fall. The minor leagues at AAA and AA are grim. There has to be a tear down, and then 2 seasons minimum before there is return of real competitiveness…

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 5:33 pm

Unequivocally. No quarter should be given to anyone. Either get rid of the non-performers (regardless of contracts and sentimentality) or relegate them to 2nd string on the bench. No sacred cows.

• Flavor said, on September 29, 2018 at 5:36 pm

the problem is, if Baer starts the interview with “these are our untouchables, now what would your next moves be….” and the prospective boss churns out a bunch of bullshit just to get the job, we are fucked again.

74. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2018 at 5:43 pm

You’re absolutely right Flav . . . I know what snarkk, myself and perhaps, others here, including yourself have proposed – is essentially a “pie in the sky” outcome. No doubt it wont happen immediately because organizations resist rapid change (just as individuals do).

Consequently, I hope for the best, but am prepared for the worst outcome . . . cue one of Zumiee’s “wilderness photos.”

75. theroooster said, on September 29, 2018 at 5:54 pm

Gray getting bombed in Coors Field. 5-0 Nats.

• Flavor said, on September 29, 2018 at 6:12 pm

yeah, he’s not exactly stepping up in a big game—you know, the way the Dodgers usually do in the post season. Doh!