A Perfect Ending to The 2018 MLB Season

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 29, 2018

As an autumn moon begins to light my way, it’s time to shut down a few peripheral wings of Big Flavor, Inc. Let’s look back on this incredible year….

It began with the sad news of discovering our old friend Twin had passed away. The season always felt a little incomplete to me knowing that for the first time ever that damn bastard wouldn’t be stopping by the Flap to tell us all what’s up. I’m guessing he enjoyed last night’s outcome but maybe not. He was never really a vindictive guy when it came to the game. He loved it too much. He probably would have spent last night spouting off flowery bullshit that would have been fast tracked to the POTD Hall of Fame…..

Soon after we found out about the news of Twin passing I sent McClain’s bat to Loo in New York because I thought it was a tribute Twin would have liked. I’d rank that move as one of my best of the year and I did a lot of rad shit this year so that’s saying something. 🙂 And if that was the best gift I gave, the best gift I GOT was the framed picture of Zenyatta and her brilliant past performances. Thanks again for that, buddy.

There was an ongoing dispute about Matt Harvey that led to a bet that led to me losing a bet that I won back in precisely 36 hours courtesy of the Boston Red Sox. Diggity worked methodically all Summer to win those beers. And it was wiped out in a single weekend. Kenny Rogers once wrote a song about that, I think…..

Let’s see, what else? Oh, in August, I picked up some free swag from AMPM…..

All in all, a very typical, predictable year. The Giants stunk and will continue to stink for many years. The Dodgers fell apart again, as they always do. They are the easiest of teams to dislike. Take your pick. You’ve got Puig licking his bat like a fool and running around the bases kissing his biceps in a game they ended up losing. The rest of them are constantly grabbing old coaches by the neck and smothering them with kisses and punches them in the arm. Hey Manny, why don’t you go find that lady and have her braid your fucking hair again, idiot. What a fun group of guys they are. lol.

A more modest, more honorable man might take the high road and congratulate the Dodgers on a season well played. But I am not that man. You can’t win it all without a heart. You cannot have a heart without a soul. LA is a barren wasteland. I choose to celebrate their misery and toast to 30 more years of upcoming failure for them. Join me in this toast…..

Screenshot 2018-10-29 at 5.15.04 AM

1. willedav said, on October 29, 2018 at 7:09 am

Kenny rogers, good one.
    Glad Dutch Goose was part of bet that was reminder of meeting up with Great San Dog in April.

You know it’s easy as Giants fans to look at Dodgers losing Series as just what they inevitably do, but Red Sox ultimately romped everyone, all season long.
    They took out Stros and Yanks, 2 other teams that won 100 games and went 11-3 post season. The run differential was substantial and they eliminated everyone in their own home yards. Not one of the best teams in all baseball beat them more than once head up at end of season.
    They had dominant SPs and relievers shutting down good hitting/bombs, timely conga line rallies and bombs of their own when they needed them.

2. zumiee said, on October 29, 2018 at 7:27 am

These Dodgers make it easy to dislike them. Arrogant bunch of posers.
    How about on that near-pick-off of Kinsler at firstbase and Muncy points to the dugout to challenge the call, and he starts throwing the ball around the infield. That probably fried that ump a bit. The call was not overturned. Ha!
    Machado trying to hurt players.
    Puig trying desperately to make himself a media character.
    Pederson with his crap-eating grin all the time.
    Turner with that gross beard. His wife probably shudders when that beard starts coming towards her.
    Roberts with his Lasorda rah-rah stuff.
    Utley cheating to get hit by pitches.
    Journeyman players magically turning into Babe Ruth.
    30 years and counting for their drought. That’s easy to enjoy.

3. alleykat69 said, on October 29, 2018 at 8:00 am

Geez I forgot you have to use a pager 📟 first to get a hold of Rooster 🐔 that’s all they had back 1988 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4. Macdog said, on October 29, 2018 at 8:10 am

5. willedav said, on October 29, 2018 at 8:12 am

Red Sox scored 84 runs in 3 post season series and gave up 51.
    Dodgers hit .180 off their pitching, Stros and Yanks under .220.
    On the road and away from friendly confines of the Munstah they went 7-1, against 3 best teams still standing.

Embarrassing to lose to them? Hardly. But it does sometimes foreshadow significant changes to those who did lose in post season. 2017 Sox were not a power team and went out and got J D who definitely had monster year. So much for everyone conceding Yanks (who had lost great battle to Houston ALCS) with Stanton were going to win it all.

• Flavor said, on October 29, 2018 at 8:16 am

Bottom line is they were dead in game 3 till they started blasting bombs. And they blasted LA right out of the series.

6. gianthead said, on October 29, 2018 at 8:39 am

Sirius sports talk…one caller said Dave Roberts just does not think and the host commented there are more upset Fodger fans than happy Red Sox fans.. priceless!!!

7. gianthead said, on October 29, 2018 at 8:42 am

And keep the Fodger fan comments coming Flappers…they are hilarious…

8. Flavor said, on October 29, 2018 at 8:47 am

The “red wave” coming at Turner’s wife was the best call so far

9. blade3colorado said, on October 29, 2018 at 8:55 am

Hey, this is just like AA . . .

10. snarkk said, on October 29, 2018 at 9:19 am

Now, we get to hear soon, hopefully, who will be the new VP of whatever over at 3rd and King. Prepare to be underwhelmed. It’s the Giants way…

11. snarkk said, on October 29, 2018 at 9:23 am

I must admit I watched only a tiny bit of the WSeries, and only because I was forced to see it, frequenting a hotel bar last week. Two teams I care not a whit. May the hot stove season be at least interesting. I agree with BF that our Giants look to be pretty lame the next few years. Good thing I like baseball. Although with this newfangled bullpenning stuff, I’m pretty sure it’s heading into a bad direction. However, If baseball gets rid of starters as we know them, it would save team owners a lot of lousy LT deals. Hmmm…

12. blade3colorado said, on October 29, 2018 at 10:20 am

Per Friedman, It looks like Roberts is not only coming back, but getting a long term extension. Same thing with Kershaw, insofar as remaining a Dodger.

13. unca_chuck said, on October 29, 2018 at 10:31 am

I don’t think it is a viable solution over the length of a season.

• unca_chuck said, on October 29, 2018 at 11:34 am

To Snarkk’s comment.

Roberts to get an extension? Most excellent. Opie? Whatever. They can spend the gold to keep him. I just hope we don;t do the same with Bummie. Unless he takes a team friendly deal.

14. Bozo said, on October 29, 2018 at 11:08 am

I doubt the 49ers will play much on Fox back here, so I think I can safely say my Joe Buck season is over. Hallelujah brothers and sisters, Hallelujah.

• Macdog said, on October 29, 2018 at 12:05 pm

Not so fast: Thursday’s Niners-Raiders game is on Fox, and Buck/Aikman have been working the Thursday night games.

• zumiee said, on October 29, 2018 at 12:17 pm

sorry Zum, that was a little too big for the page. –Flavor

• Bozo said, on October 29, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooo. Say it ain’t so, Mac.

15. sfsarge said, on October 29, 2018 at 11:28 am

Here here to that toast sir.

16. blade3colorado said, on October 29, 2018 at 12:29 pm

SF Giants NBC affiliate trolling the Dodgers. Here’s the tweet and article link . . . Hilarious!

• zumiee said, on October 29, 2018 at 2:30 pm

Aw, what nice little participant trophies.

• blade3colorado said, on October 29, 2018 at 2:47 pm

They’re millennial kids, so they are use to these types of recognition, regardless of how inane the award is. Remember, we don’t want them to develop a psychosis or other mental illness due to a low perception of their self esteem.

17. snarkk said, on October 29, 2018 at 1:31 pm

Whoever the new VP is, the first phone call should be straight to Cashman. Now that the BoSox cleaned your clock and won it all, what will you give us for Bum?…

18. pawliekokonuts said, on October 29, 2018 at 2:45 pm

For the record, it is not fun here back East enduring a significant cadre of insufferable Red Sox fans.

19. gianthead said, on October 29, 2018 at 3:33 pm

Sorry if already posted…too good…

View this post on Instagram

30 years=0 rings

A post shared by Angeleno who loves the Giants (@superfantasticgiants) on

20. gianthead said, on October 29, 2018 at 3:34 pm

Another one…classic…

View this post on Instagram

Buffalo Bills of Baseball

A post shared by Angeleno who loves the Giants (@superfantasticgiants) on

21. Flavor said, on October 29, 2018 at 4:17 pm

• zumiee said, on October 29, 2018 at 4:41 pm

Gotta be impressed with the Red Sox, putting winning above all else.
      We’re going to trot Melancon out there for two more seasons. Yay.

• zumiee said, on October 29, 2018 at 4:42 pm

And Smarj.

• sfsarge said, on October 29, 2018 at 6:14 pm

This just made me lol. It’s so sad that it’s ridiculous.

22. djloo27 said, on October 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm

And thank you, Flavor for the McClain bat. That deal we pulled off was a real win-win…

23. alleykat69 said, on October 29, 2018 at 6:22 pm

92 points for the Dubs in the 1st half, that’s ridiculous! 92-50 halftime
    Klay ten 3’s and 36 points on fire 🔥 leading the way in 17 minutes!

• zumiee said, on October 29, 2018 at 6:46 pm

Terrible coaching from the other team. That can only happen because an opponent is stupidly trying to run with the Warriors.

24. djloo27 said, on October 29, 2018 at 7:49 pm

I think one of these nights Curry will put up 90…

• willedav said, on October 29, 2018 at 8:57 pm

Chiefs might too. They get rematch out here with Oaktown Dec. 2. who knows who will still be on that team by then?

OK here’s trivia: Name the college D1 team that scored 100 vs. D1 opponent.

• unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2018 at 8:13 am

I’d think something like Fla State or Miami.

• willedav said, on October 30, 2018 at 9:26 am

mm no. I originally posted former Chiefs running back from Hank Stram era was on this team but he had left the school a year earlier and was already in pros.

• unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2018 at 9:56 am

So I guess Iowa is out? That’s where Ed Podolak went I think. Although I never ever thought Iowa was ever an offensive juggernaut.

25. mrsprtdude said, on October 29, 2018 at 10:20 pm

Loving another Dodger loss!! The only bit of solace in a dismal year for @SF Giants
    Thanks for another great year Craig!

26. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 30, 2018 at 8:36 am

Bold moves on Bumgarner and Sandoval. Is Baer even ready for the offseason?

• willedav said, on October 30, 2018 at 9:24 am

well turns out they were turned down in attempt to talk to long time A’s GM Forst who just got re-upped along with Melvin. Apparently Ms. Ng did interview for the job.

• Flavor said, on October 30, 2018 at 6:55 pm

lol, HILARIOUS

27. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2018 at 9:58 am

Never heard of this guy.

• zumiee said, on October 30, 2018 at 11:31 am

Howard, Fine, and Howard are available.

• unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2018 at 1:16 pm

Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

28. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2018 at 10:05 am

I guess his Chaim’s claim to faim is that, despite the lowest payroll in baseball last year, he got the Rays to 90-72, while of course we were in the top of the payrolls out there, and finished at the bottom.

29. willedav said, on October 30, 2018 at 11:54 am

Houston Cougars, from 50 yrs ago beat Tulsa 100-6, last team to score that many in a game. Player I was thinking about was Chiefs running back Warren McVea, who had played there for 3 yrs but left 1967. turns out another Chief was on the 1968 Houston team, Elmo Wright.

30. zumiee said, on October 30, 2018 at 9:17 pm

East Coast Flappers are taking one for the team, having to endure obnoxious Red Sox fans so that we can enjoy the Dodgers’ drought being extended another year. We thank you, East Coast Flappers, for putting up with that. 🙂
    I’m kind of surprised how I have basically no negative feelings about the Red Sox winning the championship this season. I have such feelings of gratitude to them for defeating the Dodgers. It feels like a gift from the Sox.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 30, 2018 at 9:37 pm

Exactly, Zum. I would think LA getting its collective butt kicked by the Sox would outweigh any *obnoxious* fans. They’re not obnoxious; they’re happy their team won. Again. Sorry, I will always defend Boston fans, they are truly among the most knowledgeable sports fans in the country.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 30, 2018 at 9:51 pm

Ok, maybe not *always*. I’m sure they can be somewhat obnoxious. As we all can be, sometimes….

31. zumiee said, on October 30, 2018 at 10:25 pm

Some MLB Network pundits called Utley a sure Hall of Famer. I’m not seeing it. 1885 career hits. A .275 batting average.

• zumiee said, on October 30, 2018 at 10:38 pm

I get that the OPS is over .800, but he only had about 5 great seasons in his career. That doesn’t say Hall of Fame, IMO.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 30, 2018 at 10:51 pm

Phillies HOF, ok. Big HOF, I don’t think so. But then again, the HOF is kind of a joke anyway, I guess.

• snarkk said, on October 31, 2018 at 1:42 am

Stats for Jeff Kent kick butt on Utley’s stats…