Trouble in DynastyLand

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 15, 2018

Round these parts, everyone is taking sides. You’re either on Draymond’s side or you’re on Durant’s side. I’m on Getthefuckoverit’s side.

There’s no question that Green is hard to get along with. Bonds and Kent weren’t two picnics you’d like to spend an afternoon with, either. But Draymond did something those two couldn’t do: he has given the Bay multiple flags. So you put up with some stuff. Easy for me to say, I don’t have to work with him.

We’ve been on quite a run here in the Bay Area. 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018….Before 2010 we were just a bunch of dopes wandering around the wilderness. And you know what? We liked it. I watched Mets and Rays fans on twitter deliriously celebrating their Cy Young wins. Pffftttttt…..boring. I can’t go back to that shit. I’m a Pavlovian dog that only salivates when he hears a downtown parade a ‘comin.

The bottom line is that athletes play for money. We love them as long as they win. I’ve had some bad relationships in my life that were healthier than that. I don’t know what the Warriors are going to do with Draymond, I hope they figure out how to make this work. The only thing I know for sure is that this run is going to end sooner than I want it to. It always does.

1. willedav said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:10 am

Team comes first. Arguments with each other distant second. Hopefully Iguodala sets everyone straight. He’s the guy who took to coming off the bench despite being former All star, to help the team win.
    Everyone else is chasing GS not other way around. It’s great other guys are getting more time together on the court. Add Cousins to this mix they are a tough match up…figure out this year first/worry about next year later.

I think this team is better than last year (without Cousins) by adding McKinnie and Jerebko, plus CookJones and Looney have another season under their belt and are learning how to fit in.

2. DieHardNinerFaithfulSince2011 said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:25 am

As a die hard Dubs fan since 2014 I have been so impressed with our basketball team’s ability to win championships by building and developing homegrown players along with smart coaching. It was SO heartening to see them bounce back from the 2016 Finals debacle without having to poach an All-Star ring chaser from another team. Even better is that they didn’t need to get another All—Star ring chaser from the Pelicans as soon as LeBron went to LA. Our Warriors are in no way insecure or butthurt over Lebron so we do what we do without signing ring chasers. As for all of this drama, this may be the end of our short so-called dynasty. We are definitely not a superior team like the Spurs or Lakers who consistently win for years but at least we’re not some pussy team who relies on stacking up on ring chasing elite players to get us past one player like LeBron James. And my favorite thing about the Dubs and their classy, homegrown players is that they don’t act like childish little bitches every time they face any kind of adversity.

• Flavor said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:27 am

Not in a very tolerant mood today. Make this your final post of the day.

• djloo27 said, on November 15, 2018 at 10:01 am

Reminiscent of Twin and the Gloating Rooster a decade or so ago…

• unca_chuck said, on November 15, 2018 at 11:44 am

He’s a troll.

• gianthead said, on November 15, 2018 at 11:21 am

Not a superior team??? Is that 3 out of 4 rings I am counting and should be 4 in a row…Lakers or Spurs do that???

• gianthead said, on November 15, 2018 at 11:22 am

And yeah the Lakers never added a ring-chaser like Shaq????

3. willedav said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:44 am

Baseball is so refreshingly different. 8th place hitter gets just as many ABs as $100 mil guys in the LU. You don’t have to deal with Keyshawn throw me the damn ball types…you get one AB and then 8 other guys hit.

Steamer doom predictions on bum are kinda odd. I think he’s just figuring out what he can do. He was really good at home last year, and his final month sucked and drove up some of the other stats; walks were a little high but bombs weren’t. I don’t think he is a near 4.00 journeyman pitcher. 3 yr deal (tear up this season) should be fine.

Yes Paul, really excited to see what Z does. Hope he can steal old buddy Owens (Oakland asst GM) away from A’s to be new GM, get farm system straightened out and find couple decent bats for the LU. Do think there are movable guys, even given $$$ involved. I can see him being more open to deals than Sabes/Evans.

I just think NL isn’t near as clear cut as it used to be. Sure LA won again but it took them 163 just to win division, with Machado. Rox and AZ could both lose significant players and have big decisions on upcoming FAs like Golds and Arenado.

4. unca_chuck said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:56 am

I’m sure KD is leaving after this season. And that is the wedge issue that Draymond is angry at. As in ‘why should I give you the shot if you can’t commit to the team?’

I think Draymond will simply get over it and play, as the team is full of leaders like Steph, Klay, Iggy, and Livingston, as well as the coaching staff and front office. Meyers and Kerr were the ones that pulled the trigger, and I’m sure there’s a bit of coddling KD to show him that they want him to stay.

Draymond was part of the crew that got KD here, and I’m sure Draymond just can’t understand how a guy who was wooed hard to come to such a great situation and is doing great things here is being standoffish about his future.

Great as he is. KD didn’t win anywhere else, and the Dubs did. In the end, if he puts himself in front of the team, it’ll be interesting to see where he goes. Word is the Knicks, although Bron Bron is making a push to get him.Wouldn’t that intensify the rivalry?

With KD gone, I’d hope we push to keep Boogie.

• Flavor said, on November 15, 2018 at 9:11 am

Let’s see how Boogie fits in and how healthy that Achilles is before we talk about keeping him beyond this year

5. Flavor said, on November 15, 2018 at 9:22 am

6. blade3colorado said, on November 15, 2018 at 10:27 am

Did you guys hear about the Donald Trump animatronic in Walt Disney World’s Hall of Presidents attraction? It was vandalized today – in front of a shocked audience. Turn the sound up on the video. Shocking!

7. willedav said, on November 15, 2018 at 11:04 am

die hard fan since 2014, lol f-ing nonsense. Fans that have lived in Bay Area know what it’s like to freeze your ass off (even in day games) at the Stick surrounded by few thousand who tough it out to watch ML baseball. Buddy and I went to Warrior games like that too with 5K tops some nights. He was two seats away from Nuggets bench and Calvin Natt/Dan Issel and we could move around anywhere .

Given state of local yards today and most of the teams it’s great time to be sports fan here. NBA NFL NHL plus college football bowl/playoff/rivalry games, college b-ball just getting going and HS football playoffs/b-ball games soon. If you don’t want to brave the unhealthy air outside (and your power is on) there’s a lot to look forward to.

8. gianthead said, on November 15, 2018 at 11:19 am

I’ve not had the time to dig Round on this story, do we know exactly what Draymond said to KD? Saw the birch comment made. Was that on the bench, locker room or in the game?

Draymond is still the man in my book and quickly rising the charts as my all-time favorite Warrior…

9. gianthead said, on November 15, 2018 at 11:35 am

With the chatter before this incident and before the season started about whether KD opts out, I had always felt strongly that mgmt does everything it can to make Klay and KD are here next year to open the new arena.

Even with this sibling rivalry like moment (Draymond burns hard and KD is really a passive/kind hearted personality), I think KD wants to be here through next season and see if they can win two more in next two years. That would give KD 4 championships in a row with the Dubs and the Dubs 5 out of 6.

Then I can see KD making a move to see if he can win one with himself as a top dog. He will never join LeClown. I can easily see him as a Knick and any chance he could make a championship run in NY would make him a legend there. Another possibility is coming back home to DC if they get Wall out of here by then…

I loved Boogie in college and think he was very underrated in Sactown. I would love to see them making a long term deal for him that will let them pay bigger bucks post KD. If I recall, after the next season, Livingston and Iggy retire and KD possibly leaves, that is roughly $60 mill a year right there. $30 mill each to Boogie and Draymond (also free agent in 2020). Will Boogie take another lower contract for next season as they extend Klay knowing he will get close to max out dollars afterward?

• djloo27 said, on November 15, 2018 at 11:46 am

KD would be crazy to come to NY.
      So little talent around him…

• gianthead said, on November 15, 2018 at 12:08 pm

In 2 years, you still have Porzingis and potential of the next two drafts. Plus lots and lots of cash for other free agents…

• djloo27 said, on November 15, 2018 at 12:33 pm

They’ll fuck it up as always…

• gianthead said, on November 15, 2018 at 12:06 pm

It is $56.4 that will come off the books after the 2019/20 season. Team is at $146 mill payroll this year, which is obviously over the cap and they could pay $25 mill to Klay next season to keep them at $146 mill and that is without Cousins. Would Klay take $20 mill in order to pay Boogie $15 mill and the payroll goes to $156 mill???

Come the 2020/21 season, Curry is essentially the only contract currently on the books at $43 mill. And he has just one more year left after that. If everything shook out as suggested and say they have a payroll for 2020/21 at $156 mill, Dubs would have about $110 mill to spend with the bulk of that to cover the contracts of Boogie, Klay and Draymond. Average $27.5 mill each that first season with Klay getting more and Boogie and Dray getting more back-loaded post Curry’s last year at $43 mill? Would give the Dubs another $27.5 mill on the remaining roster…tight but doable with 5-6 younger players making no more than $2.5 on average, couple rooks at $1.5 and then gets will still be willing to come to try to add a ring at $4-$5 contracts…

10. willedav said, on November 15, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Troll…remember BFE, barry4ever? Old Gate used to have its share of weirdos.

• unca_chuck said, on November 15, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Soph was the best troll. SOAD, and the occasional ex-Giant John Tamargo,

• unca_chuck said, on November 15, 2018 at 2:43 pm

Tamargo wasn’t a troll but there were 2 or 3 guys with ex-Giant names that posted a lot.

• Bozo said, on November 15, 2018 at 2:49 pm

I know he wasn’t a troll, but whatever happened to Nipper? The man with a van and a can (of a cheap cold one).

• Flavor said, on November 15, 2018 at 3:40 pm

he claimed to have trouble posting here

11. willedav said, on November 15, 2018 at 12:56 pm

MLBTR put the sacrifice level of pick if a team signed one of the 6 FAs whose teams gave them the QO they turned down.
    Giants would lose their second highest pick…should this be deal breaker for Giants off A J Pollock, Corbin Harper or Keuchel?

12. Flavor said, on November 15, 2018 at 6:32 pm

yikes.

13. snarkk said, on November 15, 2018 at 6:43 pm

Zaidi was on KNBR this morning and basically said that there are no sacred cows in this SF roster…

• Flavor said, on November 15, 2018 at 6:47 pm

Good. They should ditch whoever they can if they price is right. For once we won’t have Sabean overvaluing our players. I’ve always felt that Sabean can’t get anything done with other teams because he has no idea what his players are worth.
      Anyway, what do we do if they postpone the Big Game? Could that really happen?

• sandog said, on November 15, 2018 at 7:43 pm

No Sacred Cows, but there are Sacred Contracts……

14. Flavor said, on November 15, 2018 at 7:13 pm

no way I want this guy. He cares too much about his hair. Not cut from championship cloth.

• gianthead said, on November 15, 2018 at 7:43 pm

I said he was all about his hair…

• sandog said, on November 15, 2018 at 7:52 pm

I don’t give a crap what he does outside the lines. Put up numbers is all I ask.
        Give him his $300 million and be done with it!

• djloo27 said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:19 pm

What’s wrong with caring about your hair?

• gianthead said, on November 16, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Touche…but point about Harper is that his hair is ALL he cares about..

15. alleykat69 said, on November 15, 2018 at 7:30 pm

If this smoke from the fire gets any thicker their is a good chance they could call off the Stanford/Cal big game.Today was the worse day by far..😷😷

16. zumiee said, on November 15, 2018 at 7:36 pm

Chris Taylor struck out 178 times this past season. That is launch-angle insanity.

17. Bozo said, on November 15, 2018 at 7:42 pm

Looking at our current depth chart, I really don’t want to start the season with an OF of Shaw, Duggar and Slater with Gorkys as the 4th guy. What about going after Marwin Gonzalez? We also need a backup catcher. If Posey has some recovery issues,I wouldn’t mind getting Hundley back, over going with Garcia. I’m thinking we also need an additional starter, I know there is a lot of talk for Eovaldi but I think I’d prefer to bring back Holland. Am I way off base, what do y’all think?

• Flavor said, on November 15, 2018 at 7:47 pm

I think we need a lot of new players. The players we have stink.

• alleykat69 said, on November 15, 2018 at 7:56 pm

Agree BF,
        Giant players are similar to finding moldy cheese are rotten milk in your refergeratior…

• sandog said, on November 15, 2018 at 7:50 pm

I don’t know much about Marwin, but Wilco spoke glowingly of him the other day, which opened my eyes a bit. Totally agree we need outfielders. I’d rather see us go after Harper and Brantley, but any upgrade in talent would be welcomed.
      If the money we had to pay were the same, I’d rather have Eovaldi, but I don’t think the money will be the same. Holland I would think would be much cheaper. I like Holland, he pitched pretty damn well—especially when I was in attendance at the game, and he seems like a good teammate.

On another topic, I like what the Marlins are doing. First they stopped padding the attendance numbers, now they got rid of the awful sculpture and upgraded their uniforms. I think Jeter knows what he is doing and is going to grow something good down there. He’s turning them into a classy outfit that develops their own players.
      If they were a stock, I’d buy a shit ton of it.

• Bozo said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:00 pm

What I like about Marwin is he can play pretty much anywhere on the field and even though it’s a small sample size (15 ABs), he has hit well at AT&T.

• willedav said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:36 pm

No man not at all. I’d love to have M Gonzalez, Pollock too RH proven hitter who can play CF. He’s younger than L Cain, another guy I wish Giants had checked in on last year. Each of these guys improve the team immediately imo and Hundley and Holland are fine.
      I think I recall Unc saying Nipper checks in on his Niners blog. Funny guy.

18. gianthead said, on November 15, 2018 at 7:58 pm

If they could move Belt, would Carlos Santana be an option if the Phillies are about $10 mill of his contract?? Professional switch-hitter with bit more power than Belt…and most importantly, not injury prone. Plus justv2 remaining years on his contract. Averages about 155 games a season. Or Belt to left field against righties and sits against lefties??? Defensive sub those days?? Trying to think outside the box for a little better of a team.

I’m not that interested in AJ Pollack, but Pollack in center with Belt/Williamson in left and Duggar/Slater in right is meh but a little more exciting to watch.

• sandog said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:03 pm

If they don’t go after Harper and refuse to fix the park, I could be talked into going along with your crazy idea from a while back to just make the Giants all about speed and run like crazy. Whitey Herzog-era Cardinals style.
      It would be entertaining and drive the analytics guys crowd bonkers at the same time.

19. gianthead said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:04 pm

Potential Lineup:

1) Pollack – CF
    2) Panik – 2b
    3) Santana – 1b
    4) Posey if healthy – C (pretty weak for cleanup)
    5) Belt/Williamson – LF
    6) Crawford – SS
    7) Longoria – 3b
    8) Duggar/Slater – RF

• sandog said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Not bad. I love Belt’s glove at first though.

1. Duggar
      2. Brantley
      3. Harper
      4. Posey
      5. Belt
      6. Longoria
      7. Crawford
      8. Panik

I don’t know—I don’t even like my own dream line-up that much. Too many lefties. I do think Brantley’s approach might fit the park well (isn’t he more of a line drive guy?) and I’d expect Bryce could still get his despite our park.

• willedav said, on November 15, 2018 at 8:44 pm

yes Dog too many LHs, which is why I’d rather have Pollock. Plus he already knows the league/division which does unfortunately have some tough LHP. An OF with Pollock and Duggar could cover some ground at ATT and help out the pitching. If you have Slater and Shaw out there even in a platoon I think it makes a difference.
        Hanson hits better LH too so doesn’t help as a back up… unless one of the IFs gets moved. Need another RH bat that can back up middle IF or 1b, which is why Gonzalez works.

Is that Ced Ceballos doing the Gonzaga Tx AM game?

• willedav said, on November 15, 2018 at 9:07 pm

caron butler I think.

20. zumiee said, on November 15, 2018 at 9:30 pm

Mattingly wasn’t having much fun managing the MLB team vs. Japan. Japan won 5 out of 6 games. The MLB pitching staff wasn’t a great collection of players.

21. zumiee said, on November 15, 2018 at 9:31 pm

The Warriors were flat as a proverbial pancake tonight.

22. snarkk said, on November 15, 2018 at 10:29 pm

Here in the EBay today the smoke was really nasty. Maybe the worst day of the week so far.
    You could barely see the Hayward and Oakland hills from 3 or 4 miles away. That’s bad, folks…

• zumiee said, on November 15, 2018 at 11:01 pm

56 dead, and counting….

• zumiee said, on November 15, 2018 at 11:08 pm

Death toll was updated to 63, and counting, tonight.

23. willedav said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:29 am

Just listened to KCBS sports they said Air Q in Berkeley yesterday was over 200; Cal cancelled mens b-ball last night (so did USF) and said if it is that bad tmw, Big Game would not be on.
    Stanford is to host womens soccer playoffs tonite. Currently AQ 170-ish. Thought 150 was cutoff line…

what I heard last night is things aren’t supposed to improve until Tuesday.

24. alleykat69 said, on November 16, 2018 at 11:26 am

“The wilderness holds more questions then we have yet ask to learn”

25. alleykat69 said, on November 16, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Wonder if Farhan wondered into the wilderness his 1st human person he runs into his wild crazed Hunter Pence jacked up on coffee..

26. James said, on November 16, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Here are the NCAA guidelines being used to make the decision on the Big Game:

“At AQIs of 200 or above, serious consideration should be given to rescheduling the activity or moving it indoors. Prolonged exposure and heavy exertion should be avoided.2 Avoid all outdoor physical activity for sensitive individuals.”

As of noon today, the EPA’s AQI was over 200 in Berkeley. The campus is essentially closed. The forecast for today was that the AQI would fall between 150-200, but that has not been the case so far.

My guess is that if the rest of the day sees improving AQI, with a likelihood of a drop below 200 for tomorrow, the game won’t be cancelled today. If it’s >200 tomorrow morning, they won’t hesitate to cancel at the last minute.

• alleykat69 said, on November 16, 2018 at 1:12 pm

So if they move the big game indoors, where would they have it, at the Cow Palace??

27. unca_chuck said, on November 16, 2018 at 1:14 pm

Yeah, From 2:00 pm to 4:30 when I left work, it just became thicker than shit. Fricking Shanghai, I couldn’t see Treasure island from the financial district. Coit tower was hazy and I’m 6 blocks away on the 18th floor. It was the same today. They told us all to work from home today. Not that WC is any better.

28. unca_chuck said, on November 16, 2018 at 1:21 pm

Man, another legend gone . . . Roy Clark, RIP. 85 years old. Not a big country fan, but this dude could play…

• djloo27 said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:04 pm

Hee Haw had some whack-off value to me back then…

29. snarkk said, on November 16, 2018 at 1:23 pm

I’m at the OAK airport. My guess looking out the big windows is about 3/4 mile visibility, max, with heavy smoke/haze. I don’t see a breath of wind out here…

• snarkk said, on November 16, 2018 at 1:28 pm

Just checked internet, SF currently has worst air in the world at 274. Delhi 2nd at 268…

• unca_chuck said, on November 16, 2018 at 5:34 pm

444 in Chico right now. My sone came down (on a Greyhound!) a couple days ago.

30. Macdog said, on November 16, 2018 at 1:44 pm

31. unca_chuck said, on November 16, 2018 at 2:09 pm

Someone was talking about the Wrecking Crew the other day. This is pretty cool.

32. Flavor said, on November 16, 2018 at 3:44 pm

Snarkk let’s just roll our bet over a couple of weeks. More time for Shaw to design plays. Muhuhahahaha!!!

• unca_chuck said, on November 16, 2018 at 5:26 pm

Yeah, he hasn’t quite got them right these past 5 years. The extra 2 weeks will help.

lqtm

33. unca_chuck said, on November 16, 2018 at 5:29 pm

College football always tripped me out in that they stop playing around December 1st and then have to wait a month for their respective bowl games.

• DieHardNinerFaithfulSince2011 said, on November 16, 2018 at 5:53 pm

Our Niners always trip me out in that they also stop playing around December 1st and then have to wait until the following September for any meaningful games.

• djloo27 said, on November 16, 2018 at 6:16 pm

I’ve always believed that halftime power failure cost them the SB vs. Ravens.
        Is that a common feeling for Niner fans?

• Flavor said, on November 16, 2018 at 6:25 pm

it’s the opposite. We believe that’s what saved us and gave us a chance.

• Flavor said, on November 16, 2018 at 6:26 pm

DiehardDipshit, you just aren’t bringing enough to the blog, my man…..

• djloo27 said, on November 16, 2018 at 6:54 pm

Well, I got that one backwards.
        I feel really bad about these fires.
        Are they making any progress?

• willedav said, on November 16, 2018 at 6:29 pm

The SubDivision that used to be called 1-AA has had 16 team playoff for many years. Yeah they start right away and 4 weeks later is championship.
      Breida is from Ga. Southern, right? They used to be powerhouse at that level before moving up.

34. Flavor said, on November 16, 2018 at 6:29 pm

I demand more from our trolls. And I don’t think that’s Roooster anymore.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 16, 2018 at 6:54 pm

Yeah, I don’t think so either. Different writing style, and absolutely no wit or humor, just annoying like a rash.

• Bozo said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:16 pm

I’m pretty sure the dude is the lead singer for Papa Hemorrhoid and the Lancers.

35. Flavor said, on November 16, 2018 at 6:58 pm

Regarding the fires, the damage is pretty much done. I haven’t followed the fire down near LA too closely, don’t know what’s going on with that one. It’s crazy how much smoke has settled in our town tho–200 miles away from Paradise, it’s as thick as I’ve ever seen it anywhere

• xoot said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:08 pm

I saw a long line of people wearing masks and sunglasses in a bank today. Can you imagine how the clerks felt? Meanwhile I’m thinking this is how the dinosaurs died, right?

• Flavor said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:13 pm

I’m not doing the mask thing. Shit I smoked a pack a day from ’87 to ’96. My lungs are built to handle this shit.

• xoot said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Ha! I inhaled tons of raw and cooked diesel fuel for years. Did some other stuff too. State of the art medical scans (very affordable) show the results. So I bought some masks today, which I may use when I’m not sealed in the pristine filtered atmosphere of my car. The line to purchase masks wound way back into my local hardware store. Store employees poured generous cups of Pinot noir to help us bide time. Strange days

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:46 pm

Great post… strange days indeed. Seemingly always.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:49 pm

Great post. Strange days indeed. Seemingly always now.

36. djloo27 said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:20 pm

There’s a bunch of older movies that really make me want to start smoking again…

37. zumiee said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:31 pm

The Bulls are crushing the Bucks and Giannis Travel-steps.

38. willedav said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:49 pm

MLBTR has their off season outlook on Yanks. Couple guys suggest they get D Murphy for 2b.1b, saying the need is for LH contact hitter. And bingo another one is all in on Panik for being the much better defender, and Belt. Giants Yanks could definitely pull something off with SF getting relievers/prospects you would think.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:51 pm

Maybe they’re finally listening to Loo….

• willedav said, on November 17, 2018 at 7:07 am

yes, exactly.

39. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 16, 2018 at 7:50 pm

Eovaldi has been discussed here. MLB site is now highlighting the Giants as a likely destination for him.

40. zumiee said, on November 16, 2018 at 8:02 pm

Bucks woke up and came storming back.

41. xoot said, on November 16, 2018 at 8:21 pm

I’m looking forward to the Zaidi off season. But to be precise, the most important hot stove story I’ve seen concerns the work going on to replace the video scoreboard panels at the park. The new display will be enormous, apparently.

I think that’s Giants hot stove for now

42. mrsprtdude said, on November 16, 2018 at 8:21 pm

@ pregame presser yesterday….Hey Kevin. Are you and Draymond cool?
    KD sternly… “Don’t ever ask me that again.”

• Macdog said, on November 16, 2018 at 9:16 pm

I wish another reporter had followed up with a question about Draymond to that arrogant jerk.

43. unca_chuck said, on November 16, 2018 at 10:37 pm

Die Hard appeared on my site the same day Rooster and Sandy32Koufax. Sandy was always more flaky than Rooster . . .

44. unca_chuck said, on November 16, 2018 at 10:42 pm

As far as Nipper goes, he stopped posting a couple months ago.

45. djloo27 said, on November 17, 2018 at 6:35 am

I’m real sure the old Splash stuff can no longer be accessed, but suppose someone wanted it bad enough does anyone think it still exists anywhere and could be had? Like suppose someone was writing a book about the Giants or Twin or anything do you think the Chron would sell it?

46. djloo27 said, on November 17, 2018 at 6:40 am

Suppose Kokonuts decided to write a book about the affect of blogs on sports reporting and fans, would the Chron hang up on him if he said he needed printouts of the Splash from 2007-2010?

• willedav said, on November 17, 2018 at 7:18 am

Might be one of things like libraries, where you could view it there but it can’t leave the premises.

Great idea for a book tho…”Tales from the Lunatic Fringe.”

Twin was gonna write a book about Dick Stuart too and lost his archives iirc, something he regretted. My parents knew Stuart from his HS days at Sequoia in Redwood City. He was quite a power hitter with Pirates and then gained celebrity status with Boston as Dr. Strangeglove.

• djloo27 said, on November 17, 2018 at 7:33 am

Great title, Willie. I think you’re right about Twin and Dick Stuart…