Black Friday

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 23, 2018

Is that still a thing? Do people still go out to the stores like maniacs? There is no amount of money or any threat you could issue that would prod me into going into a store today to fucking shop.

What is Zaidi doing? I’m ready for some action.

1. djloo27 said, on November 23, 2018 at 6:47 am

Never been to Brooklyn Bowl, Bozo. I didn’t even know it was more than a bowling alley.
    The section of Brooklyn that it’s in is like a different city to me…

• Flavor said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:21 am

i’m fascinated by different sections of a town that are so different they’re like a different city. In Palo Alto you’re either in Professorville, Crescent Park, Old Palo Alto, etc….but it’s all fucking the same.

• Bozo said, on November 23, 2018 at 2:34 pm

Thanks Loo. if I ever go up for a show, hopefully we can meet up at the intersection of your Brooklyn and that Brooklyn and have a couple of adult beverages together.

• djloo27 said, on November 23, 2018 at 3:21 pm

That is 100%, Bozo…

2. djloo27 said, on November 23, 2018 at 6:49 am

Christmas spirit is so dead here.
    Has been for some time…

3. willedav said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:41 am

Loo’s 9:17 from last night might be POTD of the year.
    Good luck with SB Chiefs are fun to watch Tyreek Hill one of my favs ever
    Not big on celebration stuff that gets weirder every game but that one where he jumped into stands and commandeered the camera was hilarious. You can even see the flag being thrown in background behind his teammates.

4. willedav said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:52 am

The MLBTR thread on Mets possibly trading Thor had an interesting argument. How valuable is an elite SP who only pitches in 30 games or so vs. an elite everyday player who hits in middle of LU? I guess it boils down to what your team needs most.

Kinda funny all the off season talk a year ago about big money teams staying under lux tax to go after FAs Harper/Machado. Doesn’t seem like any of Yanks Dodgers Sox really interested.

5. zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 8:12 am

Unfortunately Black Friday is still a thing. It’s hideous on many different levels.

6. zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 8:16 am

Quite an ugly brawl in the Miss. vs. Miss St. game last night. Kind of funny, too, because they’re all wearing protective astronaut suits.

• zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 8:18 am

Football brawls often have a comical element.

• Flavor said, on November 23, 2018 at 8:33 am

so do Black Friday brawls. I’m looking forward to those on twitter today.

• zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 8:44 am

I hear ya. It’s a freak show. A type of cultural insanity.

7. Flavor said, on November 23, 2018 at 8:46 am

lol Permit Patty jokes will never die

• zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 9:18 am

That’s awesome. Kashana wins the internet today.

8. dirtnrocksnomo said, on November 23, 2018 at 10:33 am

Black Friday is definitely still a thing. My step sister was off to line up late last night. She’s basically broke and buying everything on credit which is how I envision everyone who participates in such nonsense.

9. zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:06 pm

Snow game, Wash. vs. Wash. St., on Fox.

• djloo27 said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:14 pm

Thanks, Zum. I think some of us geezers are suckers for anything that takes us back a half century or so.
      I think that’s why I still play stickball in my old schoolyard while people in some religious or ethnic get-up curiously look on. A good blast will get a reaction out of them…

• zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:24 pm

You still got it!

10. willedav said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:07 pm

Snowing steadily in Pullman for UW-Wazzu. Zu scores a late TD to close to 14-7 and on ensuing kickoff UW returner loses it on his own 26 with 28 seconds to go in first half.
    Winner gets to conference title game vs.Utes.

• zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:14 pm

It’s always amazing to me, living in a non-snow area, how thickly snow can come down.

• djloo27 said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:20 pm

There was nothing more fun than heaving snowballs (or iceballs) at passing city buses. Some kids could actually crack a window. I didn’t have that kind of gun, but we all loved to aim for the occasional unsuspecting chump who sat by an open window. My Social Security application didn’t ask if I ever grew up…

11. zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:21 pm

I guess I’m going to read all the Trump/Russia books. I’m now reading “House of Trump, House of Putin,” by Unger.
    It looks at things from a different angle. Lots about the Russian mafia, who gained a strong foothold in Brooklyn decades ago.
    Russia has basically a mafia government now. Putin runs the country as a mafia boss.

• djloo27 said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:23 pm

I’m halfway through Green Eggs & Ham.
      Baffling…

• zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:25 pm

Dr. Seuss was trippin.’

• djloo27 said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:27 pm

I get along really well with the Russians in Brooklyn. The men love hockey and the chicks are stunning.
      I am in a big minority in that respect.
      They are resented big time – especially the ones in the supermarkets who wear expensive fur coats and present some card at checkout that gets them everything for next to nothing…

• Flavor said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:47 pm

I watched that documentary “Tyson” today. Lots of old video from Brooklyn back in the 70’s. Looked like a rough neighborhood

• djloo27 said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:55 pm

It was then – not now. Some of the worst neighborhoods in Brooklyn from back then are now fashionable, expensive hipster magnets…

• Flavor said, on November 23, 2018 at 8:00 pm

that’s too bad. semi lqtm on that one

12. zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:30 pm

The book has some of the creative ways Italian and Russian mobsters disposed of bodies. Very disturbing.

13. zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Wild sequence. Trick play TD, then extra point blocked and ran back for 2 points.

14. Flavor said, on November 23, 2018 at 8:01 pm

Zumiee we get to be mortal enemies tomorrow evening. Good luck to your Kings, they have a shot with the Warriors in their current state.

• zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 8:23 pm

It’s on! 🙂 🙂

15. Flavor said, on November 23, 2018 at 8:08 pm

what is wrong with people?

• zumiee said, on November 23, 2018 at 8:26 pm

Yikes. Good question.

• blade3colorado said, on November 24, 2018 at 7:54 am

At least they left their guns at home. That’s a new concept!

16. djloo27 said, on November 23, 2018 at 9:17 pm

The man I consider the real “Moonlight Graham” has died. I think a few years ago I was encouraging Pawlie to make contact. The one game he appeared in was pretty epic…

• willedav said, on November 24, 2018 at 6:54 am

Probably would have been great story. NYC was always mecca of sports/entertainment world, and all of a sudden the 2 NL baseball teams are 3000 miles and 3 hours time zones away. This guy’s only ML game was for San Francisco.
      Did NY fans still follow Dodgers and Giants from that far away? Until woeful expansion Mets arrived in ’62, closest chance to see NL team was Phils. And ’60s was heyday for black/latin players among NL teams, the guys who really piqued my interest.

17. snarkk said, on November 24, 2018 at 12:16 am

Such a swell Giants majority owner…