Super Bowl Bound

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 20, 2019

Today is a great day to root for teams I normally don’t care about. The Chiefs are gonna spank Tom Brady’s dumbass all the way back to New England and Drew Brees is gonna knowing dude head nod the Rams back to LoserLand.

I’m not worried about the KC crowd, they will bring it. I’m a little worried about the weather since we just don’t know who’s frozen hands the iced ball is going to bounce off and I could see a defensive score being the difference in this game. Regardless, I have to assume the Chiefs aren’t going to stubbornly sit in zone all day the way the Chargers did and let Brady pick them apart. Personally, I am hoping for a nice early first Q sack that drives his dumbass into the ground. Take the 15 yard penalty but watch him not be comfortable for the rest of the game. Nobody benefits more from the peace and tranquility of a cocooned pocket like Tom Brady. Smash him to win. I don’t think this will be close, I’ll take KC 35 NE 21.

The Saints? I just think they’re better than LA and Brees is awesome. Easy guy to root for. Saints 37-Rams 20

1. zumiee said, on January 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Flags galore.

2. wilcojoe said, on January 20, 2019 at 6:38 pm

Williams is a beast!

3. willedav said, on January 20, 2019 at 6:39 pm

chiefs have done this all season, score a TD in like 2 minutes.

• willedav said, on January 20, 2019 at 6:41 pm

actually 1:29. fun team to watch.

4. snarkk said, on January 20, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Brady’s got plenty of time to get the TD to win.
    Chiefs need a takeaway…

5. unca_chuck said, on January 20, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Wow. Dude picked the wrong time to line up offsides.

6. wilcojoe said, on January 20, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Somewhere in a NY bourough, a Modelo bottle is being shattered into a thousand pieces.

7. zumiee said, on January 20, 2019 at 6:53 pm

An NFL player lines up offsides. Well, there you go.

8. alleykat69 said, on January 20, 2019 at 6:55 pm

To much time for a legend ( yeah I hate to say that) like Brady to move down and get that score..

9. unca_chuck said, on January 20, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Crazy ass game here.

10. unca_chuck said, on January 20, 2019 at 6:57 pm

They have to go for the end zne here. One shot. 2 shots.

11. unca_chuck said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:06 pm

I woulda taken one more shot.

12. alleykat69 said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:07 pm

Wow 2OT games on a crazy Sunday!
    Knew Butker would make that FG, he was automatic on my fantasy team! He’s no Cody Parkey out there..

13. wilcojoe said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:09 pm

I really wish the NFL would adopt the college football OT rules. If Pats score a TD game is over, which is a joke.

14. zumiee said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:11 pm

They can’t sack Brady.

15. unca_chuck said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:12 pm

KC just couldn’t do anything to get near brady.

16. unca_chuck said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:13 pm

Guess I have to root for the Rams.

17. willedav said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:14 pm

sportsdude batting 1.000

18. wilcojoe said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:14 pm

NFL OT blows.

19. zumiee said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:14 pm

Mr. Offsides will catch some heat for many years.

20. Flavor said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Brady. Again. Fuck me.

21. willedav said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:16 pm

If there was any doubt, the Kid made his bones tho. Brought his team all the way back and just to tie it up was tremendous effort.

• wilcojoe said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Very true. And all because of a coin flip, he never sees the field in OT.

22. alleykat69 said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:16 pm

All over for the Chiefs great season.
    Patriots just to much as Belichick outduels Reid to move on..

23. unca_chuck said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Someone get DJ off the ledge.

• wilcojoe said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:18 pm

I just hope he makes it home OK.

24. snarkk said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Reid had 11 seconds to play with, make one more throw into the EZone, to win and go to the SBowl. Instead, he rolls dice on giving the ball to Brady in OT, and his D hasn’t stopped them all night. Man, when you have a shot for the brass ring, you have to have the balls to take the shot…

• unca_chuck said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Yeah, I said that on my blog. You had 2 shos to throw into the end zone. You take them For this very reason,

• snarkk said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:27 pm

When I heard that choice, I figured it was probably over for KC if it went to OT.
        It’s not like they only had 5 seconds. Mahomes isn’t getting sacked, he knows to throw it away, and crap, he’s the top QB in the league for escapability.
        One shot inro the EZ, you still have 4 seconds to kick the FG after an incompletion.
        Total lack of sack on Reid. Bellichik would have taken the shot, so would Walsh.
        You never want to end that situation with a what if…

25. wilcojoe said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Burkhead seems to fuck up my DraftKings lineup every goddamn week.

26. zumiee said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:17 pm

– tuck rule
    – Seahawks choke on first and goal at the two
    – Falcons choke away a 28-3 lead
    – Mr. Offsides
    Oh the breaks over the years….

• zumiee said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:20 pm

By the way, this is how Dodger fans feel about the Giants 3-in-5.

• Macdog said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Another one: In the Pats-Panthers SB, after Panthers tied it late in 4th quarter, their kicker kicked the kickoff out of bounds and gave Brady a short field to drive for game-winning FG.

27. unca_chuck said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:17 pm

No shit, Zumie.

• zumiee said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Pats even won the coin toss st the end.

28. blade3colorado said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Refs, Pats, and Brady 37, Chiefs 28. What a quandary . . . I can’t root for LA or the Pats. Going with earthquake.

• blade3colorado said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:23 pm

or tornado or hurricane.

• alleykat69 said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:26 pm

Blade..That’s want the networks wanted/refs too,Rams/Patriots is a ratings dream matchup!
      Though I’ll go for an earthquake/Twister/hurricane in Atlanta if possible..,

• blade3colorado said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:35 pm

Yeah, all 3 occur and I’ll be happy.

29. snarkk said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Agreed.
    NFL overtime blows, like most of its rules.
    How can you have one team touch the ball in OT, and decide a game on that.
    Even soccer lets BOTH teams take those BS penalty kicks…

30. pawliekokonuts said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:23 pm

sigh

31. zumiee said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:25 pm

There are still games and plays I, once in a great while, agonize over from when I played high school basketball. It’s impossible to imagine what pros go through with tough losses.

32. snarkk said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:28 pm

KC’s defense was the weakness all season. It showed up tonight…

33. mrsprtdude said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:29 pm

Two amazing games. Lined up offsides must be the stupidest penalty you can get in all of sports. The line isn’t moving. No one touching you. Look at the ball and put your self on the correct side of it!! Game over if the pick stands.

Hard to compare but imagine if the Ishikawa walk off homer didn’t count because a SF player knew you can’t stand on the top step of the dugout during an at bat but did it anyway!!

I’ll be rooting for the Rams. But not betting against Brady Bellicheck.

34. djloo27 said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:33 pm

All of you are right…

35. Macdog said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:33 pm

I hate the college overtime, but the NFL doesn’t work either when a team can win by winning the coin flip. Each team should get a possession, period.

• wilcojoe said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:41 pm

I actually think the college OT rules would work better in the NFL were they actually play defense. Unlike in the NCAA (especially in the PAC 12 and Big 12) TD’s won’t be scored at will on every possession. It would actually create some strategy and above all would be fair.

• Macdog said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:44 pm

I just don’t like putting a team at the opponent’s 25. It’s like putting the runner on 2nd in extra innings.

• wilcojoe said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:09 pm

I just don’t see a better method. A lot of people are saying why not just play out the entire 10 minute period (or whatever it is)? Problem is, what if the first drive last 9 minutes? Then Mahomes only gets 60 seconds? I guess its better than nothing but still not a great resolution.

• Macdog said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:16 pm

The 10-minute OT in regular season is ridiculous. That almost happened in Eagles-Cowboys game, Cowboys drove for about 8 minutes before scoring winning TD. Even if Eagles had held to a FG, they would’ve had about 2 minutes left to tie/win it.

36. snarkk said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:33 pm

NFL VP of officials has told New Orleans officially that the refs blew the late game PI non-call…

37. blade3colorado said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:36 pm

I was going to go skiing this weekend. What a waste of 8 hours.

38. mrsprtdude said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Zummie they lost 2 SB games on 2 different miracle catches on 4th down. The breaks tend to even out.

Lastly..I feel bad too for the ref in the Saints game. I know they are paid like the players, but for anyone who has refereed or umpired games… they usually love sports too and agonize when they blow a call. I know I did.

I bet he feels just as bad as the Chiefs offside guy. He cost a team the chance to play for the Superbowl and will have to live with letting those players down. At least Saints played a role in their lose. Payton”s lame play calling really the culprit. Passing on 1st down at that point in the game unforgivable. 3 runs and a chip shot FG. Rams would get the ball with 40 seconds and no TO’s, not 1:47 and a TO left.

39. xoot said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:38 pm

I doubt the rams can beat the pats. The SB won’t be worth watching without KC. If only they could’ve sacked brady–at least once. Or half a dozen times.

40. blade3colorado said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:40 pm

– tuck rule
    – Seahawks choke on first and goal at the two
    – Falcons choke away a 28-3 lead
    – Mr. Offsides
    Oh the breaks over the years….

Didn’t those fucks also have someone get a snowplow to clear snow for a Vinatieri kick?

• snarkk said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Was the KC guy actually lined up offside?…

• blade3colorado said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Don’t know myself, but per the refs, yes . . . “The Chiefs’ answer came after Brady took his team 65 yards down the field with less than two minutes to play. The drive almost ended when a ball bounced off Rob Gronkowski’s hands and was intercepted by Charvarius Ward. The play was negated by a penalty on Chiefs linebacker Dee Ford for lining up offsides. On the next play, Brady hit Gronkowski for a 25-yard gain to the 4. Burkhead scored from there to give the Patriots a 31-28 lead.”

• Flavor said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:12 pm

he wasn’t in the neutral zone. He was in 5th gear.

41. snarkk said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:53 pm

Definition of smarmy:
    Jim Gray interviewing Brady…

42. wilcojoe said, on January 20, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Romo is getting a lot of praise on social media for how he accurately called so many plays before they happened. I admit I wasn’t really paying much attention to him. Didn’t anyone else notice this?

43. Flavor said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:11 pm

• djloo27 said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:14 pm

He thinks he is so powerful, he actually said he thought he would bring the Chiefs some good luck by picking them…

• Flavor said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:39 pm

final Modelo total?

• djloo27 said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Just a few. Mixing with Valium and Advil. My head was killing me all game and no better now…

44. snarkk said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:15 pm

That roughing passer call on Brady. Another reason NFL is now a joke. Lineman hit Brady’s shoulderpad. Flag. If Montana played under these rules he’d have played in another two SBs …

• blade3colorado said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:21 pm

This was just a sack and a typical day at the office for Montana. Watch it all the way through . . . Brady? If Brady ever got hit like this, he would retire immediately. Pussy.

• Flavor said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:39 pm

McConkey. Haven’t heard that fucks name in a long time.

45. djloo27 said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:41 pm

The most draining game I’ve ever watched.
    I don’t even have the energy to feel bad…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:50 pm

I feel for ya, Loo…

• zumiee said, on January 20, 2019 at 8:59 pm

It’s probably little or no consolation, Loo, but the vast majority of people in America watching the game were pulling for the Chiefs.

• djloo27 said, on January 20, 2019 at 9:29 pm

I’ve heard from SanDawg who is quite miserable too, but we’re big boys – we’ll get over it…

46. snarkk said, on January 20, 2019 at 9:34 pm

Use of replay is supposedly for righting an officiating wrong.
    Especially when the bad call will cost the wronged team the game.
    Especially when it might cost the wronged team a trip to the playoffs, or the SB.
    Well, that happened in New Orleans. But, the rules won’t let the wronged team even protest the call that is blatantly wrong on replay. Indisputably wrong. As usual, the NFL makes its product worse than it should be, and the rule as applied is nonsense that work against a just result. 5 minutes replay review n the Pats/KC game to finally decide that the ball “indisputably” did NOT hit Edelman. But, no review possible on a PI call that is indisputably wrong on replay with the first review, and directly denies Saints a trip to the SB. Ridiculous…

47. mrsprtdude said, on January 20, 2019 at 10:10 pm

Blade you’re killing me. Brady has had one major injury. An ACL tear. Guys in NFL are bigger and faster now, QB’s get hit all the time. Only this year would that hit have maybe been a flag, and Brady has been hit plenty. To say TB is a pussy? Not so much..He is about to play in his 9th SB. More than Montana and Bradshaw combined. Can’t survive in the NFL that not long and not be a little tough…

• blade3colorado said, on January 21, 2019 at 6:57 am

You’re right – pussy is overstating it. Regardless, I don’t like him and again, in my opinion, he’s not my GOAT.