And So It Begins….

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 23, 2019

Checking in on the game, midway through we are down 7-0. I’m not watching. Anyone see how it got this bad so fast?

1. snarkk said, on February 23, 2019 at 2:35 pm

Stratton got hit for a couple of runs early, then I dropped off.
    Sign of a season to come?…

2. snarkk said, on February 23, 2019 at 2:37 pm

BTW, I’m scheduled to watch Giants v. Rocks next Sunday at Talking Stick, then Giants v. As Thurs night the 7th in Scottsdale. Hopefully neither is 7-0 early, else I’m off for some margaritas somewhere in Scottsdale. Anybody there that week, let me know…

3. xoot said, on February 23, 2019 at 3:26 pm

Ferguson made a good play in CF. The tall flamethrower from South Africa can’t find the strike zone. Sounded like Mac the Oaf did fine in LF.

• Bozo said, on February 23, 2019 at 6:11 pm

Damn man, Lovegrove is one of my long shot picks. An ERA of 40.50 will take a wee bit of work to bring back down. My other non-roster guy, Tony Garcia went 0-3.

• xoot said, on February 23, 2019 at 6:13 pm

the Giants barely hit the ball. I think Joey B’s IF dribbler was their first hit of the day. It’s early.

4. mrsprtdude said, on February 23, 2019 at 4:56 pm

I’m visiting my kid in AZ in March. Friday game against Angels for Sping training seemed like a hit. Lawn seats (yes LAWN seats!) were the cheapest I could get. $67 each. WTF??
    “Practice. We’re talking about practice!”

• unca_chuck said, on February 23, 2019 at 10:00 pm

$67.00? Are you shitting me? That’s insane.

5. mrsprtdude said, on February 23, 2019 at 5:00 pm

@Blade. Good artiicle. I did not know a player pre free agency can only get a minor league deal after pitchers report. Who knew? Does that mean there are other ML ready starters out there??

• blade3colorado said, on February 23, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Yes, I didn’t know that either. Hope it pans out for us. Regarding your last comment, I would imagine so . . . Too many unsigned MLB free agents (at least 25 by my estimation that are still at least “replacement” level players).

6. zumiee said, on February 23, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Kings go on the road and beat the Thunder!

7. Bozo said, on February 23, 2019 at 8:25 pm

Sorry if someone already brought this up but if the Giants don’t get Harper, how about a trade to the Tigers for Nick Castellanos? Detroit moved him from 3B to play mostly RF last year, so a two position guy who won a big raise in arb this year that the Tigers don’t seem to want to pay.

• djloo27 said, on February 24, 2019 at 3:29 am

I’ve seen his name mentioned here a few times, but what do the Giants have to offer?

• Bozo said, on February 24, 2019 at 4:30 am

I’m not sure what it would take (although taking on Castellanos salary would probably go a long way for Detroit right now). We have a boat load of LHers in camp, maybe one of them and/or an Alexander Canario type prospect, the Tigers could use a second baseman so maybe Panik or Hansen. I was just thinking that a right handed 3B/RFer who has hit 20+ HRs would play well in our OF.

Just trying to figure out parts of the “flurry of moves” Farhan would make if he doesn’t land Harper.

8. djloo27 said, on February 24, 2019 at 3:49 am

Baseball Reference can make me so nutty. I would not have gotten this one in a million years.
    What player did the Giants sign as a FA twice and trade for once – all within a 5 year period?

• djloo27 said, on February 24, 2019 at 3:54 am

A few hints:
      Not an obscure guy – you all know him
      Not a ridiculously long time ago
      Pretty much past his prime when the Giants became obsessed with obtaining him over and over and over…

• djloo27 said, on February 24, 2019 at 4:04 am

One more clue:
        For me, he had one memorable AB in a Giant uniform…

• Bozo said, on February 24, 2019 at 4:06 am

Terry Mulholland?

• djloo27 said, on February 24, 2019 at 4:30 am

Nope, not a pitcher, Bozo…

• djloo27 said, on February 24, 2019 at 4:34 am

Just looked up Mulholland.
        Excellent guess.
        Someone will get it, I bet.
        See y’all later…

• Bozo said, on February 24, 2019 at 4:35 am

Oops, didn’t see the AB clue, but it did seem like we kept getting Mulholland a bunch.

9. Sunday | THE San Francisco Giants Blog said, on February 24, 2019 at 7:08 am