Making “Dui” Without Maybin

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 6, 2019

What an idiot, right? You’re at the end of your career, you start off spring training 0-16, and your plan to re-start your career is to get hammered on “big glasses” of Chardonnay. Oh well, another door opens up for a kid. Or does this nudge Z into signing Adam Jones?

All I know is that Maybin’s arrest is putting a serious crimp on stocking the team full of speedy “Cardinals from the 80’s” types….

1. Bozo said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:15 am

Great thread title.

Not to worry, a flurry of trades is on the way.

2. willedav said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:28 am

If he was to check in with his “agent” why not ask the guy to call him an Uber or something. Maybin has been around long enough to have made a few mil in his career, right?
    It’s been posited here the type of hitters Giants should bring to the yard are more line drive gap to gap guys, which isn’t a bad idea on paper. Speed game, idk. I think those guys are basically a doomed species. Only way they fit is part time role on a good hitting team, not a full time everyday player…unless your OB is high and you can get walks/singles. Otherwise you’re the fastest guy on his butt in the dugout.

3. willedav said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:31 am

According to B/R from 2015-2107 alone Maybin made $24 mil. As my uncle used to say, “call a crab.”

4. Flavor said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:47 am

Hey we have a Flapalooza developing in Reno March 21-24. So far just me, San Dawg, PaSalon and some March Madness…..

5. snarkk said, on March 6, 2019 at 8:27 am

If a vet invited to camp is dumb enough and Not committed enough to actually making the team to get a dui, maybe he needs to get disinvited…

6. Macdog said, on March 6, 2019 at 8:29 am

Drunk Underperforming Idiot.

7. dirtnrocksnomo said, on March 6, 2019 at 9:03 am

killing it with the headlines lately. lulz

8. gianthead said, on March 6, 2019 at 9:34 am

I think Maybin passed his “Cardinals” prime (if he even flirted with it) years ago… no loss in any way. He was this year’s Austin Jackson. Farhan must be so busy on the phone all the time ready to bust all kinds of deals…

9. alleykat69 said, on March 6, 2019 at 9:49 am

Maybin actually got his first 2 hits of ST Monday,after a 0-16 start guess he figured it was time to party!

10. alleykat69 said, on March 6, 2019 at 9:51 am

Friday morning my bad..

11. zumiee said, on March 6, 2019 at 11:54 am

In a KNBR interview this morning, Kuiper, when asked about the Maybin DUI, was about as angry as I’ve ever heard him. His attitude was basically “that guy could have killed somebody” and Kuiper was in no mood to say anything positive about Maybin. Had Maybin been a longer term Giant, Kuiper would have probably toned it down a bit, but Maybin is nobody to Kuiper, or to Giants fans, really, at this point so far.

• alleykat69 said, on March 6, 2019 at 12:35 pm

Yeah sounds like Kuiper lit Maybin up pretty good Zumie!
      Kuiper singing a Beatles lyric to Maybin:
      He’s a real nowhere man
      Sitting in his jail house land
      Making all his nowhere plans for nobody
      Nowhere man keep drinking
      You don’t know what your missing
      Nowhere man don’t worry
      Cause the Giants are in no hurry

• wilcojoe said, on March 6, 2019 at 1:13 pm

Yeah I get the impression Kruk and Kuip could probably drink with the best of em, but both are smart enough to leave the driving to someone else.

12. dirtnrocksnomo said, on March 6, 2019 at 12:24 pm

Stratton and his world class spin rate gives up a 2 run HR in the 1st inning that kept spinning all the way past the 375 marker.

13. Flavor said, on March 6, 2019 at 12:48 pm

this literally could have been Larry’s tweet, too

• djloo27 said, on March 6, 2019 at 4:34 pm

Like he really wrote it…

14. Flavor said, on March 6, 2019 at 12:51 pm

I got a DUI 10 years ago. Sucked. I was driving my girlfriend’s car at the time, the high beams were on and I didn’t realize it. Blew a .11. I was surprised, I felt a lot more hammered than that…..

• wilcojoe said, on March 6, 2019 at 1:17 pm

Houston has an incredible number of DWI’s based solely on the fact that valets (most restaurants and bars are valet only in downtown) fuck with the lights and turn off the “auto” display. You are so used to having them come on automatically that you don’t always realize they switch them to off.

• unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2019 at 1:46 pm

That’s fucked up.

• alleykat69 said, on March 6, 2019 at 2:49 pm

WJ..Agree with Chuck
        Thats Fucked Up!
        Guess it’s true what they say
        “Don’t Mess With Texas”

• unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2019 at 3:51 pm

They used to have open container laws as well. OK to drink and drive as long as you were OK.

15. Flavor said, on March 6, 2019 at 1:02 pm

16. wilcojoe said, on March 6, 2019 at 1:11 pm

So jealous of the upcoming Reno flapalooza. We just got back from Tahoe. I hate the Tahoe casinos. Reno is the best gambling city in the country as far as I am concerned and I have played in numerous states. I have always wanted to do Reno during March Madness. Hell even Vegas during March Madness would be fun though on a different level. Shit maybe next year?

• Flavor said, on March 6, 2019 at 3:17 pm

absolutely, I’m there every year, San Dawg is often there, too

• Pasalon said, on March 6, 2019 at 3:51 pm

Agree with both of you wise men. Reno gambling can’t be beat.

• djloo27 said, on March 6, 2019 at 4:25 pm

I was in Reno about 25 years ago. Found it kind of depressing compared to LV.
        Has it changed much?

• wilcojoe said, on March 6, 2019 at 5:50 pm

It is depressing compared to Vegas which is why I love it so much. Cheap table games, cheap food, and really cheap booze. The complimentary drinks served at the tables are stiff and plentifull. Reno hasn’t changed much in the last 30 years unlike Vegas. No fancy shows, dance clubs, or any of that bullshit.

• wilcojoe said, on March 6, 2019 at 5:52 pm

They do have one of the best Gentlemens Clubs behind Harrah’s as well. Lots of nice University of Nevada coeds trying to pay their way thru school. I am always eager to support their efforts.

17. djloo27 said, on March 6, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Have they gotten rid of that mountain by the airport that you have to pray your plane can get over on take off?

18. blade3colorado said, on March 6, 2019 at 4:59 pm

Still early, but dollars to donuts, Rule 5 pick Bergen makes the squad.

• djloo27 said, on March 6, 2019 at 5:04 pm

Dollars to donuts sure ain’t the ratio it used to be…

• blade3colorado said, on March 6, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Let’s put it this way, I have more confidence in him versus the other lefty, Okert. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Okert join ‘Oshit” if he’s run out of options.

By the by Loo, the descent at Reno is what I hate. Usually my ears ache after landing there due to the quick descent. Oh, yes, it is one of the scariest airports in the USA . . . That’s why most people drive (or at least they do from the bay area).

• wilcojoe said, on March 6, 2019 at 6:16 pm

Yeah we arrived into Reno last Tuesday night as the first landing since that morning. Flights had been cancelled or diverted all day due to high winds.

19. alleykat69 said, on March 6, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Still early but DUI to squad Maybin makes team under the pick 502 rule..

20. gianthead said, on March 6, 2019 at 6:19 pm

Wilco, have not done Vegas for March Madness for 10 years but it is magnificent. We usually made Mandalay Bay our center of operations…

21. Cardinal70 said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Did someone say ’80s Cardinals?

• alleykat69 said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:27 pm

Why would we?
      They were 74-88 in 1980 , good for 4th place..

• Cardinal70 said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Later on got better though.

• unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:36 pm

I couldn’t STAND those astroturf Cardinals of the 80s.

• djloo27 said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:49 pm

So glad we avenged those fuckers (3 times?).
        I think so…

• unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Yep. Jose fucking Okendo is still on my shit list.

22. unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:35 pm

People drive to Reno from the Bay Area rather than fly is because it is faster and cheaper.

And flying into McCarron is no picnic.

• unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:37 pm

The way I drive anyway.

• djloo27 said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:46 pm

Do any of you guys think you’re a really lousy driver, or one of the greats?
        I’ve been called both in the same day by different people…

• Macdog said, on March 6, 2019 at 8:00 pm

I didn’t even know you drove.

• djloo27 said, on March 6, 2019 at 8:10 pm

If you turn the “suns” home uniform upside down, it still spells “suns”.
        That’s my takeaway from tonight’s Knick game…

23. unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2019 at 7:52 pm

No one thinks they are a bad driver. But that being said, I’m a great driver. Just don’t ask my wife.

24. unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Wow. Who knew Nigel Tufnel started in a 50s band? King of the Cars!

25. alleykat69 said, on March 6, 2019 at 8:10 pm

I’m a great driver, but constantly yelling at are honking my horn at the idiot drivers that haunt me on California roads!!
    Then theirs my daughter,” Holy Shit”when I’m in her car I’m close to cardiac arrest and wishing their was a brake pedal on the passengers side, like they had back in the stone ages in the driver training cars I drove in..
    She Bombs around everywhere, guns it from one stop sign to the next within a quarter mile are less as her brakes are squealing/smoking cause theirs no freakin brake pads left!!

26. unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2019 at 10:00 pm

Yup. My oldest drives just like me. Fast and furious. Love it.

27. unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2019 at 10:00 pm

Middle daughter drives like a turtle.