The Tourney

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 20, 2019

Ok, I dove deep into my NCAA hoops research and I’ve reached the point where I create a group and it’s for Flavor Nation so if you want to play for bragging rights enter with this:

1. gianthead said, on March 20, 2019 at 6:47 am

In…

2. gianthead said, on March 20, 2019 at 6:58 am

Hunter Strickland with the first save of the season…lol!!!

• Bozo said, on March 20, 2019 at 7:24 am

And Gearrin with a Hold.

3. wilcojoe said, on March 20, 2019 at 7:21 am

I am in.

• Flavor said, on March 20, 2019 at 7:32 am

nice. So this works?

• wilcojoe said, on March 20, 2019 at 7:49 am

Yeah, as long as you have an account created or you can create a new one. Pretty painless all in all.

• wilcojoe said, on March 20, 2019 at 7:57 am

You don’t even have to remember a stupid password. It emails you a very short, four digit verification code, that you enter. If only other sites would take note. None of this “how many street lights do you see” or “enter an eight digit password including Greek numerals and Sanskrit symbols” bullshit.

4. Bozo said, on March 20, 2019 at 7:36 am

I’m in. I was going to pass on tourney picks this year but now I guess I need to actually look at who’s in.

5. snarkk said, on March 20, 2019 at 7:37 am

Lots of outside pressure going to be on MLB to do something with Larry Baer. Now that the DA has said no charges to press. I gotta believe he’s going to get some kind of suspension. Now, there’s apparently another vid of him and his wife arguing for 20+ minutes before the “incident”. Arguing in public isn’t a crime. But, Larry’s in the PR biz, he knows that ain’t a good look for a team in a city with a big metoo# awareness, an owner that gives $ to an Alabama senate candidate that says stupid stuff about “lynching”, and a team about to start another crappy season…

• willedav said, on March 20, 2019 at 7:48 am

and a wacko reporter Killion who already raised a big stink about preferential treatment.

• willedav said, on March 20, 2019 at 8:28 am

SF mayor chiming in too about MLB making Baer accountable. I like Breed but she’s wrong here.
      Wow so the A’s hit 3 bombs and still lose because their first 2 pitchers give up 9 runs in 5 innings, good.

• gianthead said, on March 20, 2019 at 9:04 am

Mississippi Senator…😎

6. wilcojoe said, on March 20, 2019 at 8:32 am

The A’s and Mariners played a game yesterday in Japan that actually counts? On March 19th?

7. zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 8:51 am

From the end of yesterday’s thread, epic collapse by the Kings, and sensational comeback by the Nets. Russell was just unconscious in the 4th quarter, and the Kings panicked and choked. At some point the Kings should be learning from these experiences, but they keep happening.

8. snarkk said, on March 20, 2019 at 9:05 am

Fun fact from KNBR. Musclehead pitches a 123 clean closer inning for Seattle against the As yesterday. For SF last year, he didn’t pitch a clean inning in his last 37 appearances …

• unca_chuck said, on March 20, 2019 at 9:08 am

Saving it for spring. He’ll be gagging for reals soon.

• unca_chuck said, on March 20, 2019 at 2:25 pm

That was a real game?

9. unca_chuck said, on March 20, 2019 at 9:09 am

Yep, did my usual due diligence on my NCAA picks. 20 seconds and gut feels for all of them!

10. zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 9:18 am

Brockmire returns for season 3 in early April.
    Loudermilk returns for season 3 at some point.
    2 comedies that are flying under the radar.

• wilcojoe said, on March 20, 2019 at 9:32 am

I really enjoyed the first season of Brockmire and then a couple episodes into the second season I began to lose interest and quite watching. Maybe I need to give it another chance.

• zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 9:41 am

The first half of season 2 of Brockmire wasn’t good, IMO. But I thought the second half was much better, when he tried to get his act together. Comedies about alcohol and substance abuse have to walk a fine line. We want to root for these characters, but we want to see they’re trying to get better. The comedy works if it has some heart to it. Loudermilk makes that work, and the show Mom does, too. Too often Brockmire just hurts everyone without caring. It’s impossible to find that funny. Maybe the show realized that in the second half of season 2. Brockmire makes a stand against a racist broadcaster, and we can pull for Brockmire in that situation.

11. wilcojoe said, on March 20, 2019 at 9:38 am

I finally saw Green Book and A Star is Born. Green Book was really good but a A Star is Born was fantastic. I fully admit to having a man crush on Bradley Cooper after seing that movie. Jason Isbell wrote one of the songs that Cooper’s character sings early on in the movie. Great tune.

• zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 9:45 am

I haven’t seen those movies yet.
      I dig Isbell’s music.
      His wife is a beautiful and talented musician.

12. Flavor said, on March 20, 2019 at 9:59 am

I finished Ozark last month and have started watching Breaking Bad even though I said I’d never watch it. Just finished season 2, it is very good.

• unca_chuck said, on March 20, 2019 at 11:59 am

Breaking bad is great. All the way through. Ozark is pretty good as well.

Poldark is good for you history buffs.

And Wilco, I though Cooper did a better job of an actor becoming a singer rather than Lady Gaga did as a singer becoming an actress.

Saw the 1st one with Janet Gaynor and Frederick March before watching the BC/LG version. Good stuff.

• gianthead said, on March 20, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Breaking Bad still to me the greatest show in TV history of basic cable or network tv… Bryan Cranston best acting performance in TV history….

13. unca_chuck said, on March 20, 2019 at 12:01 pm

Hah! You can get paid for this shit, Flav! You are already better than all of the others combined.

14. unca_chuck said, on March 20, 2019 at 2:23 pm

Hey, we signed outfielder . . . . . . . . 34 year old Matt Joyce. 25 dingers for the A’s 2 years ago.

Left handed batter (?) A poor man’s Lawrence McCutcheon.

• djloo27 said, on March 20, 2019 at 4:06 pm

Well we needed a running back…

15. dirtnrocksnomo said, on March 20, 2019 at 2:51 pm

Sweet jebus, first the ambidextrous pitcher and now Joyce. Someone tell Zaidi this isn’t the Athletics west. You know Sabes is doing a slow burn somewhere.

16. unca_chuck said, on March 20, 2019 at 3:22 pm

Shit, I don’t know. I thought we had hit the bottom of the barrel. Apparently there’s a hole in the barrel and we are digging further.

17. zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Zaidi’s strategy with the Dodgers was to sign a zillion guys and discard a zillion guys, and then maybe you stumble upon a Turner, Taylor, and Muncy. That may never work again, or maybe it will. Don’t get attached to these cast-offs. The door will be a revolving door.

18. zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 4:22 pm

Brockmire’s season 1 was very strong. We were rooting for his climb back into baseball broadcasting, and his romance with the woman who owns the minor league team, The Frackers. Very good dark comedy on the team name.
    The start of season 2 was very ugly. A very big relapse by Brockmire that the show thought had some humor in it. Spoiler alert: it didn’t.

19. zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 4:24 pm

Put me in the camp who are huge fans of Breaking Bad.

• zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 4:25 pm

On a side note, it was also something that TF and I could bond over.

• Flavor said, on March 20, 2019 at 5:18 pm

Twin liked it, too? Cool. It’s a little early for me to watch this show, it only ended a few years ago. I also just finished Parks and Rec, never saw that when it was on. That’s a pretty funny show.

20. zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 4:53 pm

Giants/Cleveland game is on NBC Bay Area tonight.

• djloo27 said, on March 20, 2019 at 4:58 pm

What inning do they show Mays’ catch in the ’54 series?
      I’ll go with the 3rd…

• zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 5:42 pm

I hadn’t thought of that.

21. Flavor said, on March 20, 2019 at 5:19 pm

Matt Joyce? Another lefty with no power. This is getting stupid.

22. Flavor said, on March 20, 2019 at 5:20 pm

Does Zaidi know where the Giants play their home games? Did this come up in the 5 hour interview Larry gave him?

• djloo27 said, on March 20, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Flavor:
      Thanks for creating the Tournament Group. We are a rudderless ship without you.
      Should be good for a few laughs.
      Everybody who posts here should get in.
      It takes 2 minutes, depending how much thought you want to put in to it…

• wilcojoe said, on March 20, 2019 at 6:14 pm

Agreed Loo. Nice Brakcet name by the way. Very fitting.

• zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 5:49 pm

Zaidi likes power, but he also likes guys who can draw walks.
      Heliot Ramos is a very aggressive non-walker. It wouldn’t shock me if Ramos is eventually packaged in a big trade.

23. Bozo said, on March 20, 2019 at 7:32 pm

That was a hell of a throw by Parra.

24. Bozo said, on March 20, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Belt goes Ba-Boooom

25. Bozo said, on March 20, 2019 at 7:44 pm

Back to back two out doubles. I like that.

26. zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 8:26 pm

Nice ABs all throughout the Giants lineup tonight.

27. zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 10:16 pm

A Hundley sighting. He’s the A’s starting catcher. Yikes.

28. zumiee said, on March 20, 2019 at 10:23 pm

Sounds like Fleming calling the games in Japan.

29. alleykat69 said, on March 21, 2019 at 1:42 am

Even though he’s a frozen popsicle “ Rumor has it Zman looking into a possible Ted Williams return,,,