Fake Rally

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 28, 2019

KNBR RadioHeads trying to sell us on the 9th inning as evidence that we *might be just a batter or two away from having a competent offense.” Fucking please, child. Our scrubs (Parra and Kratz(!) got a couple of lucky swings off the 12th guy on their pitching staff. As soon as Boone woke up he brought in an actual pitcher to slam the door.

We stink. Today sucks, I have to go to a funeral for a 12 year old. This world is fucked up.

1. willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 9:31 am

According to Jenkins the late McGowan is the one to blame for yard’s dimensions. turns out he grew up going to Giants games at Polo Grounds, where Mays made his famous catch and throw in front of 450 ft fence in CF.

Flav sorry to hear about that. Guy I coached on Asian club team lost his mom soon after HS. I remember her being wheeled out onto the floor by his 2 younger sisters during senior night last home game that Feb 2007. Few months later she was gone, losing battle to pancreatic cancer.

2. gianthead said, on April 28, 2019 at 9:44 am

Yes that is awful to hear about kids dying. Sorry to hear.

About 1/6th way through the season, there is no shock we suck and highly doubt couple hitters make any difference. If we add them our starters have not shown they can carry their load either. But what is shocking is that the NL West is currently the best division im baseball!!!

My guy Ozuna is having quite a turnaround year. I think he is the type of player who could come to SF because we would way overpay to get him.

• gianthead said, on April 28, 2019 at 10:02 am

And the other non-shock, I could see the Giants making a run at Puig. An OF of Ozuna, Duggar and Puig would be top-noth and the much needed right-handed hitters in Ozuna and Puig at least balances out all the lefties in Duggar, Panik, Belt and Crawford (of course I dont see us able to get rid of Crawford or Belt).

Bum would not be happy to see Puig but it is only 50/50 Bum is back…

1) Duggar – CF – L
      2) Panik – 2b – L
      3) Ozuna – LF – R
      4) Belt – 1b – L
      5) Puig – RF – R
      6) Crawford – SS – L
      7) Posey – C – R
      8) Longoria/Sandoval – 3b – R/S

• blade3colorado said, on April 28, 2019 at 10:13 am

Duggar (who sucks) is probably going to be sent down to Sac or traded if he doesn’t cut down on his Ks (34 in 103 at bats). Moreover, he’s NO lead off hitter.

• gianthead said, on April 28, 2019 at 1:20 pm

I am more glass half full with him. Think he continues to improve…

3. willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 9:52 am

Jenkins had further rant about yard–..”The Giants were charging more than $100for bleacher seats Friday night, with predictably vacant results.” and way too many cheering Yanks fans after the slam by Sanchez yesterday.
    Also, “A season ticket holder showed me her Club Level ticket Saturday, and although prices are variable in that section, depending on the opposition, it nevertheless was shocking: $243.” Yeow! and that’s not counting food and drink.

4. willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 10:04 am

Ha NFL network just had story on Walsh trading up to draft Jerry Rice in ’85 as best draft day deal in history. Dallas was only other team even interested at pick #17 and 2 other wide receivers Al toon and Eddie Brown were drafted ahead of him. Walsh traded 3 picks for 2 others from New England to get one spot ahead of Dallas and take Rice. Rice had 4.59 40 time but Walsh said watching film of him at Miss Valley State of the SWAC you could tell once he caught ball no one was catching him.
    Cowboys lost out, and wasn’t long after Landry was gone and Rice was beating Brown and Bengals in SB.

5. blade3colorado said, on April 28, 2019 at 10:20 am

The table below compares each player’s strikeout rate in 2019 to their career rate as of LAST Sunday morning, via FanGraphs:

San Francisco Giants
    Name 2019 K Rate Career K Rate Variance
    Pablo Sandoval 25.0% 14.2% -10.8%
    Yangervis Solarte 20.8% 12.2% -8.6%
    Brandon Crawford 27.1% 19.9% -7.2%
    Buster Posey 17.6% 12.0% -5.6%
    Gerardo Parra 21.3% 17.1% -4.2%
    Brandon Belt 26.7% 23.9% -2.8%
    Kevin Pillar 18.2% 16.3% -1.9%
    Steven Duggar 30.6% 29.6% -1.0%
    Joe Panik 9.9% 9.3% -0.6%
    Evan Longoria 19.8% 19.8% 0.0%
    Erik Kratz 7.7% 21.3% 13.60%
    Minimum 20 plate appearances

Kratz is the only dude who has improved his K rate this season.

6. zumiee said, on April 28, 2019 at 10:27 am

Coincidentally I’m going to a memorial today for a 30 year old. It’s being called a “Celebration of Life,” but I’m not feeling that at all about it. It’s for a niece of mine that I saw once in the last 20 years, who had many years of drug addiction and was in and out of trouble with the law in an East Coast state. My memory of her is as a happy child, so that’s what I’ll hold onto.
    This service today will help her immediate family get some measure of closure, I guess.
    Last night, the show 20/20 did a good piece on the death of Prince and deadly bootlegged medications out there that are causing a wave of tragedies.

• Flavor said, on April 28, 2019 at 10:45 am

I’ve known this family for years. I was actually talking to this kid when he died. Powerful stuff that has changed the way I look at life 🙏

• gianthead said, on April 28, 2019 at 1:25 pm

Sorry again to hear and if you dont mind sharing was it a hospital situation. I was assuming it wasnt an accident type of situation.

• Macdog said, on April 28, 2019 at 1:36 pm

Very sorry, Flav, condolences to the family.

• Flavor said, on April 28, 2019 at 1:42 pm

Accident.

• djloo27 said, on April 28, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Even though we’ve never met or even spoken, I feel like we are really friends. I’m truly sorry about what you and your family friends are going through. I wish I knew what to say, but I don’t…

7. willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 11:14 am

Watching Chris Sale get whacked around by Rays, down 4-0 early. Defense not helping him, but double triple and 2 run bomb 2 earned. ERA for the season so far is at an even 7.00 Making $15 mil this year and Sox owe him $30 mil each of next 3 and 27mil 3 beyond that. Just turned 30 a month ago. wow

During college years I worked at chain of pharmacies. Lot of prescription drugs at that time no longer available; many of the more powerful amphetamines later proven to have questionable medicinal value and lacking reason to be prescribed.
    My buddies from back then could only dream of being able to walk in somewhere and enjoy marijuana like today. It’s so sad so many younger people are dying to opioid abuse or meth complications. What possible use or medicinal value is a drug like fentanyl?

8. willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 11:23 am

Sale’s fastball topping out at 94, most of them 91-92 ish. Lot of talk about that from whomever is doing game on MLB net. 85 pitches to get through 5 innings.

9. willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 12:57 pm

a “playoff foul” that’s pretty funny on Nene blasting Green to the floor. And a good no call on something more.

10. blade3colorado said, on April 28, 2019 at 1:16 pm

It’s still a fucking ground ball Kruk and he didn’t even have to move. Craw should have had it.

11. Macdog said, on April 28, 2019 at 1:37 pm

Losing already. Eff the Giants, I’m watching hoops.

• blade3colorado said, on April 28, 2019 at 2:01 pm

Don’t blame you. DRod has no command today (4 walks in less than 3 innings) and consequently, the Yankees are up 6-0. Starting pitching has joined the hitting for ineptitude. Pomeranz is our ace. Oh boy . . . I probably need to learn to love basketball again.

12. gianthead said, on April 28, 2019 at 1:38 pm

Dubs playing very sloppy…they will lose this game if they keep throwing the ball away…

• willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 1:59 pm

yes. Should have had nice lead at half as poorly as rockets were shooting.

13. gianthead said, on April 28, 2019 at 2:15 pm

Pence with a 3-run homer today and now batting .322 in only 15 games but good for him…

• blade3colorado said, on April 28, 2019 at 2:26 pm

That’s great to hear and even better that he is doing it in his home town.

14. willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 2:18 pm

what’s got into kevon looney? all of a sudden he’s making plays and shots on offense.

15. willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 3:09 pm

see who is in there last possession. Iguodala great passer and defender but not so good at FTs.

16. willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 3:13 pm

wild game all the way to the end. Warriors turnovers, ugh. Lot of iso see how that plays out next game.

• Macdog said, on April 28, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Warriors got some offensive boards. Man, Rockets take a bunch of really deep 3s.

• willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 4:35 pm

yeah. Gordon got what 27 though? He’s a good player. Other role guys didn’t do much. See what happens if D’antoni goes on rampage about crowding the shooters and not letting them land. Warriors seemed to get away with bunch of those. Harden does go forward when he shoots though, not straight up like you’re taught, to land same spot you shoot from.

17. Stan Shell said, on April 28, 2019 at 4:13 pm

It’s hard to comment here without sounding like a Dodger troll, HOWEVER, what an example (if we needed any) that Bochey needs to retire. AGAIN he tries to squeak a starter through 5 innings for a win statistic. Yesterday with a bases loaded situation he tries to let the starter finish 5. Bang! bases clear and we have another loss to go with today’s. Hall of Fame managers know a team win is way more important that a win in the starter’s stats.

Wild game today. Warriors were lucky to win. But, they are the better team.

OSF

18. blade3colorado said, on April 28, 2019 at 5:07 pm

Just my 2 cents, but I think Zaidi sends someone down tomorrow and brings up an outfielder (likely Mac).

• Flavor said, on April 28, 2019 at 5:40 pm

prolly gonna be D-Rod

19. Flavor said, on April 28, 2019 at 5:55 pm

20. zumiee said, on April 28, 2019 at 6:30 pm

Smarj vs. the Dodgers tomorrow….

21. Flavor said, on April 28, 2019 at 6:48 pm

Marty Lurie on KNBR today, AGAIN trying to trump up support for this offense. He said they are starting slow and then making it interesting. Fuck that, when it’s 8-0 making it 8-4 is not interesting. They’re still fucking doubling you up.

• zumiee said, on April 28, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Lurie thinks today’s game was made interesting? Lurie is on his own planet.

22. zumiee said, on April 28, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Somehow the Giants’ opponents the last few seasons haven’t had problems with the Giants’ ballpark being too big.

• Flavor said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:07 pm

Sanchez was blasting the ball to Berkeley

• Flavor said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:08 pm

at least that’s what MIller was saying on the radio

23. djloo27 said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:25 pm

I think Blade’s right about the return of MTO…

• Flavor said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:30 pm

it’s pretty obvious at this point. Dugger down with a wrist injury, plus he sucks, MTO is raking down below….why not? This fucking team can’t hit. Bring him up. Someone needs to join good ol’ 1.0 with more 1.0’s….
      Pillar got another 1.0 today, btw.

• willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:34 pm

in a losing effort but did manage to produce some more runs too…unlike most of his teammates.

24. willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Lurie is nice enough guy, really calm, but I can’t listen to him and rarely agree with what he says. Yesterday morning he was talking to some NY writer gal and she thought once Yanks get some players back they’d win AL East. He is of course forever immortalized in Flap bucket talking to Pawlie, great pic.

25. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:35 pm

I think I remember some Flappers saying they were going to just take this season off from baseball because the team would likely suck. I’m guessing that was said in jest.. when we’re fans of this great game, we can’t just skip a season. However, the next best thing, personally for me, was deciding that wins/losses and place in the standings weren’t going to matter, and so far that’s been true: when I check the score, there’s no twinge of disappointment when it’s another loss; it’s more like “ok, let’s see what happened, and will anything that happened lead to some changes”. And it will be a long season of changes, keeping it interesting. It’s actually been very freeing, not caring about a win or loss. Of course, should they ever put a good string together and inch up in the standings, I’m sure I’ll be right back in it….

• Flavor said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:40 pm

I’m actually with you on that. I don’t even know what their record is, I’m assuming they’re in last place, but I haven’t checked the standings in a while.

26. zumiee said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:47 pm

The Giants are rocking a .393 winning % at the moment.

27. Flavor said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:49 pm

Marty Lurie just asked if it would be a good idea to trade Posey for Gary Sanchez. Lol. Yeah, the Yankees would fucking do that, come on

28. zumiee said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:56 pm

Marty Lurie, space traveler.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 28, 2019 at 7:59 pm

“Houston, do you copy. I’m off structure and drifting…”….

29. willedav said, on April 28, 2019 at 9:22 pm

I was thinking this the other day–C position in general seems at all time low. almost all of them hit 7th or 8th for their teams. only handful of standouts that can hit.
    Speaking of Sanchez who lit them up, Shea said in morning Chron that giants would have a legit excuse for poor play if they had 13 guys on the DL like Yanks. Instead it’s only Cueto.