1.0 Win

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 22, 2019

That one ended too late for me to see it. Nice win. Pillar and Panik, 1.0’s for each, hit two decent pitches, too.

Reading over Loo’s trade proposal, eh, I’d probably do that, not sure NY would. But maybe I’m underestimating how done they are with Stanton. You know though, we aren’t getting out of this through blockbuster trades of shitty deals. That’s why I don’t mind what Z is doing. He hit on Pillar and gave away shit. He’s got to do more of that. Lots and lots of that. And in a throwaway year there really is no ceiling to the number of transactions he can log.

Gear up for the draft, nail a couple of those, add a few more 1.0’s off the scrap heap.

Go from there. That’s the plan.

1. willedav said, on May 22, 2019 at 7:13 am

Yes Flav, stolen base is a great weapon…you just have to be able to get on base to take advantage of it.
    Pillar has an OB of .232. I don’t know how that’s even possible. He gets on more often, it would sure help.

One of my heroes of the SB era was Omar Moreno, aka Omar the outmaker

2. willedav said, on May 22, 2019 at 7:56 am

Z’s first draft is 2 weeks away. Really needs to make some hay there. Shea mentions top OFs, Riley Greene out of HS and college guys Hunter Bishop of Arizona St. (hmmnn notable alums) Vandy’s J J Bleday and Kameron Misner of Mizzou. Sabes crew just stopped being able to find what club needed and properly evaluate/develop.

3. gianthead said, on May 22, 2019 at 7:57 am

Looking over Loo’s trade proposal and I would do that in a second…but I have got to think Stanton has to have a no trade clause and he already rejected coming to SF and cannot see him lifting his no trade contract.

I agree with Loo that Frazier, the guy I wanted for a couple of years, is untouchable. Yanks certainly would not likely add money to that deal of they are taking Belt and Longoria. Top of my head, the two of them are owed about $110 million. No way Yanks take those contracts and then eat another $50 mill. But I said last year that them adding Belt makes a lot of sense. They dont need to produce much offense but gives them a needed left-handed bat and gold glove defense.

The player I think who may be expendable for the Yanks with Frazier’s rise and I think Stanton is untradeable (salary and no trade clause likely to SF) as is Judge, is Aaron Hicks. I offer Bum, Belt and Pillar (adds some CF depth for Yanks…dont think we would put Duggar in that type of deal) and receive in return Hicks, Andujar and probably swallow the Gardner or Ellsbury contracts. I would add Crawford to the deal if the Yanks could be talked into it and Yanks could then slide Torres to 3rd…Hicks could turn into a monster roght-handed slugger and is just coming off an injury. Andujar can slide over to 1b for Giants next year…

4. Macdog said, on May 22, 2019 at 8:02 am

Gotta admit, I was ready to bash Bochy if Pillar had made the final out and left Pablo without a pinch-hit AB as the tying run. But Pillar came through and added the big SB, Pablo did his thing and then Panik won it. Comeback wins in the 9th are pretty damn cool.

5. djloo27 said, on May 22, 2019 at 8:24 am

Stanton’s contract is so egregious, I think other GMs will just sit back and enjoy watching the Yanks suffer through it. Makes our bad deals look tolerable.

Assuming Bum is dealt and pitches well, I wonder if Z would even make him an offer as a FA and try to team him again with Cueto. Doubt it…

6. willedav said, on May 22, 2019 at 8:31 am

Giants 9-8 this month. 13-4 in one run games. 11-11 vs. NL west (which other than LA, sucks).
    2 more with ATL 3 with AZ then 9 game road trip vs. bottom feeders Balt Marlins Mets.
    Giants 3 games out of 2nd place, something any of the 4 could achieve. And all capable of last place too imo.

7. Flavor said, on May 22, 2019 at 8:40 am

Can’t look it up right now, but pretty sure pillar leads our team in sbs and bombs? Would like him on base more, for sure. He’s not the problem with this offense, he’s the solution

• djloo27 said, on May 22, 2019 at 8:49 am

He leads in SBs with 6. No one else has more than 2.
      Belt & Sandoval have 7 HRs. Pillar & Longo have 6…

• Flavor said, on May 22, 2019 at 9:42 am

exactly. Hey, I’m not going to say he’s the answer to all the problems this team has. But he’s showed power and speed and an ability to get hits and/or do things at the right time. Plus, his defense is gold glove caliber. And we gave up….Hansen? Some shit like that?

8. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 9:16 am

Pandoval tied for the lead in HRs sure says something about this team. Belt is hurt immensely by the park, but hey, we are hitting the road soon. Like imagining McCovey playing in Yankee stadium his whole career. He’d have at least 200 more home runs.

9. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 10:19 am

And it shows that Farhan was pretty stupid for getting Parra and not Jones.

10. alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2019 at 10:24 am

I wouldn’t say Pillar is GG material lately, I remember recently he’s had 4 are more balls he’s dropped, some tough plays but he was there,and they popped out. a true golden glover makes those plays..

11. Flavor said, on May 22, 2019 at 10:36 am

this is hilarious. Fallout from the shift

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 22, 2019 at 11:03 am

lulz, that’s some Little League stuff right there.

• Macdog said, on May 22, 2019 at 11:03 am

Haha, and Rosario rolled a 2-run single through the shift anyway.

12. alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2019 at 10:38 am

It is amazingly stupid that the Giants still can’t find a left fielder! Starting a Catcher Steven Vogt out there they have hit rock bottom at the positions…

13. Flavor said, on May 22, 2019 at 11:20 am

I’ve always said, if you get drafted by the Giants and you’re an outfielder, no matter the round, you must be so bummed. You know before you start that you’re never gonna make it in MLB

14. zumiee said, on May 22, 2019 at 11:54 am

“And it shows that Farhan was pretty stupid for getting Parra and not Jones.”

2019 WAR so far:
    Parra 0.7
    Jones 0.3

For whatever reason, Parra is performing better for his new team.

15. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 12:35 pm

FOr whatever reason? Well, the right field wall isn’t 10 miles away in Washington.

16. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 12:37 pm

Jones’s WAR means squadoosh in the context that he would be doing worlds better than Joe, Vogt, Reed, Belt, or whoever the fuck we’ve been trotting out to LF.

Might as well put Bumgarner out there.

• zumiee said, on May 22, 2019 at 2:22 pm

You can believe it was a bad move not getting Jones, but it wasn’t a “stupid” move, because the analytics don’t show Jones to be a big difference-maker. Zaidi has a philosophy and he sticks with it. He saw it work with the Dodgers, and he’s sticking with it. I’m OK with that. If fans want to be impatient, then they’re going to be grinding away in frustration.

• unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 8:51 pm

My problem is Parra. Why him and not Jones? I mean really. Our best OFer on opening day had 53 ABs in the majors. I call it stupid. Mainly because we were supposedly all in on Harper.

17. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 12:38 pm

AK, I was laughing when I saw Vogt struggling to catch a fly ball yesterday. Couldn’t believe it.

18. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 12:41 pm

Herb Washington!!! I remember those games, DJ. You could afford to have a pinch runner when you didn’t have 15 pitchers on your squad. He wasn’t even that good a base stealer. 29 out of 45 is pretty crappy if that is your only job.

Prolly the only designated hitter in baseball history with no plate appearances!

19. Flavor said, on May 22, 2019 at 1:51 pm

probably a good move for this dude. He’s not really cut out for social media.

• alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2019 at 2:05 pm

Yeah I think Flan’s been taking a lot of heat when some of his stupid tweets, time to smell the roses 🌹for him and chill out..

• unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 2:10 pm

I don’t think anyone is.

20. Flavor said, on May 22, 2019 at 1:51 pm

I’d take Adam Jones 100 times before I take Parra…..

• zumiee said, on May 22, 2019 at 2:28 pm

I probably would, too; but I don’t see blasting Zaidi for passing on a guy that the analytics say isn’t much of a difference-maker. Zaidi chose to roll the dice with some younger guys who had good minor league numbers. I’m OK with that. There’s not that many current players on the Giants roster who are going to be part of the next Giants team that can make a deep run in the playoffs. This is 3-5 year plan stuff we’re dealing with.
      Any winning this season is just a nice bonus to help keep us entertained and interested.

21. zumiee said, on May 22, 2019 at 2:31 pm

Flan’s problem with Twitter is as we’ve mentioned before, he has several servings of adult beverages before he posts, and then he’s just all over the map. He sounds much more reasonable on his appearances on TV baseball shows.

22. zumiee said, on May 22, 2019 at 2:33 pm

And I bet when Flannery was playing in the bigs, he never worried about which rookies were only getting a cup of coffee in the big leagues before being sent down. I bet it never bothered his conscience when it was HIS job in the majors being contested.

23. djloo27 said, on May 22, 2019 at 3:13 pm

It’s just sinking in what an embarrassment it is to resort to starting Vogt in LF…

• alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2019 at 3:36 pm

Yeah Loo, The Giants have hit an all time low when you chuck a Catcher out there and it wasn’t even out of necessity!!
      Hey but just wait for more shits and giggles, I predict under the “Bochy Bromance Rule” with this being his swan 🦢 song year and all, that he will have Pablo Sandoval play all 9 positions in a game in one of their blowouts..

• djloo27 said, on May 22, 2019 at 3:42 pm

Great call, Kat. I remember when Campy and Tovar did it way back.
        Probably others since…

24. alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2019 at 3:29 pm

I was somewhat surprised to see that Flannery milked out a 10 year career all with the Padres.Yeah mostly as a platoon guy, no power, but made contact consistently as his 277career walks against 299 career K’s is really quite remarkable.Decent OBP .335, he carved his nitch just being a pest and a tough out..
    One thing I really always admire about him is how the Bryan Stow incident really shook him up( among all Giant fans) and his immediate effort to reach out to the family/media by having benefit concerts with all the proceeds going to the Stow foundation for overwhelming medical costs..

25. djloo27 said, on May 22, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Mac is 4-35 since his epic return game.
    How many times can you give up on someone?

• unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 3:43 pm

How can we miss Mac if he won’t go away?

G Stanton suffered a calf strain in single A after already being on the IL with a biceps strain. Dude can’t stay on the field.

• alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2019 at 3:45 pm

Vogt’s at .212 now after his 1 game explosion 💥
      Quite a depressing look at are pathetic OF.Pillars another Mendoza line guy,Duggar atleast can be entertaining and his avg up to .260??
      Whatever are Outfield sucks donkey dick🐐

26. alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2019 at 5:14 pm

8 different outfielders so far in LF that have produced 11 RBI’s in 49 games?
    Under Flav’s 1.0 reward program, it would be hard to get to that when they all start out at -01 to start the game..

27. djloo27 said, on May 22, 2019 at 5:32 pm

1. Donovan Solano (R) 2B
    2. Tyler Austin (R) 1B
    3. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    4. Buster Posey (R) C
    5. Kevin Pillar (R) RF
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Mac Williamson (R) LF
    8. Steven Duggar (L) CF
    9. Jeff Samardzija (R) P

28. snarkk said, on May 22, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Yep, it’s embarrasing to be putting a guy like Vogt in LF in a live MLB game. How bad can the minor league OFers be? Bad, obviously. Give me a week in Scottsdale at the complex shagging fungoes, I swear I won’t embarrass myself in LF at Oracle Park on routine flies. Even at my advanced age. And, a week in Scottsdale wouldn’t be bad after practice. Catching frozen ropes and knucklers may be another story — but, hey, I’ll give ’em a try. Not going near the bullpen mound, though. Hell, I can K three times at the plate, too, before getting lifted for Pablo…

• unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 7:28 pm

No shit. It isn’t rocket science to shag flies.

29. gianthead said, on May 22, 2019 at 6:31 pm

Follow up to Loo…thanks for the NY Post story. Work and frickin commute keeps getting in the way!!! Interesting they mention Bum and Frazier in the same breath…that is a home run of a deal if Farhan can pull it off. Makes complete sense for both teams and an expanded deal for someone like Belt for Andujar is not beyond reason…

30. snarkk said, on May 22, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Here are the OFers at Sac:
    (40 means on 40 man)

Anthony Garcia
    Mike Gerber 40
    Henry Ramos
    Michael Reed (on 7day IL)
    Austin Slater 40
    Mike Yastrzemski

31. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Every time I think they are going to do well, they need to get 6 outs thins inning.

Done and doner.

Part of having all these different players is not knowing who is going to take the throw from the pitcher.

Ooops

32. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 7:27 pm

Dutch oven fire heading to the bullpen . . .

33. Flavor said, on May 22, 2019 at 7:34 pm

“Flav’s 1.0 Reward Program”….lol

34. alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2019 at 7:35 pm

Jesus freaking Christ
    I flipped the game on late and the Braves already have 6 freakin runs???? How did this disaster start?

• djloo27 said, on May 22, 2019 at 7:41 pm

All unearned. Sounded like a couple of botched DPs and a couple of bombs.
      Half listening…

35. alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Hey Loo,
    Since we have nothing to lose with this team, especially the OF, why not have HOF Carl Yastrzemski’s nephew Mike Yaz come on up from Sac? He’s tearing it up .344avg 12 bombs,12 doubles,a triple.If nothing else I want to see if he has the old school stance of Yaz with the bat straight up at 90 degree.The carousel should continue and the kid is not a kid anymore either at 29 in August.

• Flavor said, on May 22, 2019 at 7:58 pm

he would be fucking terrible but I agree, would be fun to watch him bat a couple of times.

• djloo27 said, on May 22, 2019 at 8:23 pm

They go to Fenway in mid-September.
        It’ll happen there for sure with all the call-ups and the team 44 GB…

36. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 8:55 pm

AK, Crawford and Solano forgot to cover 2nd on a comebacker that would have ended the inning. Instead there were 2 on. Runner got to 3rd and scored on a 3rd strike that posey let by him. That also would have ended the inning. 2 run bomb, solo shot,

Oh, and Dutch Oven Fire just gave up a 3 run bomb.

• alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2019 at 9:02 pm

Thanks Chuck…Sounds like the bad news bear scenario inning..

• unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 9:23 pm

It was Longo not solano. But they fucked it up.

37. alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2019 at 9:00 pm

Yeah Dutch Oven 🔥 implosion.Does he have incriminating farm animal photo’s of Z in the bedroom to still be on this team??🦓🦍🐐🦌🐕🦏🐑🐄🐂🐖🐏

38. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2019 at 10:16 pm

THis post game talk is actually pretty good. Flem said how could they not turn a DP on a ball hit right to the SS?

Kuip said ‘you are going to piss off Krukow. He’s been swearing about that the whole game between innings.”

Kuip then said no one plays at double play depth anymore. It’s in the baseball graveyard with the hit-and-run, the pitch-out, and the fastball count…

• djloo27 said, on May 23, 2019 at 4:21 am

It’s an outstanding point, Chuck. Keith Hernandez said a similar thing just last night when a runner might’ve been out at the plate in a tight game if the infielder hadn’t been playing so deep…

39. snarkk said, on May 22, 2019 at 11:52 pm

Yeah, good thing Samardzxx is an “innings eater”…