Wow

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 25, 2019

…I mean, WOW. I know terrible teams lose badly sometimes but I wasn’t ready for 18-2 vs one of the most average teams in the league. Adam Jones is awful, right? Yeah, nobody wants him. Four hits in a game would just piss me off. It’s overkill.

THEIR FIRST FOUR HITTERS HAD 14 MOTHERFUCKING HITS LAST NIGHT!!!!!!

IN OUR LAST TWO FULL GAMES , 22 MOTHERFUCKING INNINGS, ALL OF OUR HITTERS COMBINED HAD 14 HITS!!!!!!!!

Just WOW.

Anyway, here ya go.

1. unca_chuck said, on May 25, 2019 at 7:52 am

All the shitty teams in over 50 years of baseball and that was the pinnacle, the Everest, of hopeless ineptitude.

Pomegranate should be simply tossed like a cigarette butt on the highway. That performance was epically bad in a season of dogshit starts. The first two innings took over an hour. He was painfully slow and all over the place. Something like 80 pitches in 2-2/3. Pretty fun talking about what used to be with the fans around us. And how crappy things have gotten.

• djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 7:55 am

What’d ya drink?

• Flavor said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:06 am

what was the turnout like? Friday night, no Dubs to compete with, I’m assuming it was more full than it’s been recently?

2. djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 7:54 am

Well #8 is available after being immortalized this season by Altherr and Parra…

3. alleykat69 said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:05 am

End of the line for the Oaf.
    Of course he will turn into Adam Duvall with another club and bomb 20 plus homers!
    Tuned out at halftime when they had 2 TD’s to are safety..

• Flavor said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:07 am

Adam Duvall sucks. He doesn’t have a single at bat this year and I’m fairly certain he’s not injured. Probably playing ball in AAA for the Braves?

4. willedav said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:27 am

Nice to hear from James. Messenger bag? Interesting, my company doesn’t sell too many of higher end ones these days though ours would be mostly domestic except for Knomo of London and generally smaller than laptop size.
    Most of top execs and IT director wear high end business backpacks nowadays for biz/work travel.
    SD often has photo of meet ups…?

5. willedav said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:35 am

Broxton also homered playing in Denver, in a not surprising losing effort for the O’s. He hasn’t hit ML pitching either but he did have legit beef with Mets not getting much run. Always curious to see what happens to some guys after they change to more friendly or not yards.

Schoop hit 2 of Twins 8 bombs the other day and now has 10 already. Back in the AL after awful time with Brewers. iirc he hit a game winning bomb here in SF when O’s were in couple years ago, with Adam Jones.
    Have to look this one up.

6. willedav said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:47 am

aug 14 Sunday afternoon 2016. Giants had 7-1 (pence bomb) lead with Cueto going he gave up 2 in 7th, Trumbo hit 2 run bomb off Strick in the 8th and Schoop connected for 3 run HR in 9th off Casilla and O’s won 8-7.
    Span led off (pagan behind him and in LF) and went 0-6 that day…must have been interesting thread. Both teams had identical records at that time, 66-51. um hope they aren’t headed for similar fate.

7. mrsprtdude said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:47 am

Hunter Pence has 10 homers, the 2nd time in his career with 10 before his 50th game (2012). I’m happy for him. It makes me wonder why our coaches cannot seem to help our hitters. Other teams seem to be able to turn things around for at least 1 struggling player.

Anyone here NOT believe that of our 4 infielders with big contracts (Panik excluded), at least ONE would be better if they had a few months with the Dodger coaches? Think they could do something with oaf?
    Seriously what was it that a coach in Texas could see that our guys could not, that a washed up useless Pence could have 10 homers in May, when we would have bet the farm he would have less than 5 the rest of his life!!

• alleykat69 said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:57 am

Our 2 headed idiot hitting coaches(Schu&Powell)couldn’t hit when they were players, so why would any of the players take their advice? I’m the only one that constantly rip these guys a new one, I’m surprised no one else does..

8. mrsprtdude said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:48 am

and PS..It’s not the damn park. Our guys are useless on the road too.

• sandog said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:51 am

We’ve got lousy hitters, no doubt about that. But the park makes it way worse IMO.

• gianthead said, on May 25, 2019 at 12:15 pm

Pence would not have 10 this year as a Giant…

9. alleykat69 said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:48 am

Too much to ask out of Zman to have given bats to 2 athletic players in Broxton&Altheer??

10. sandog said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:49 am

@Willie–we are all set to take a photo with our Miller High Life nightcaps and somehow got sidetracked, so no photo documentation of the meet up.

Is Mac officially gone? At this point I wonder if he is actually hoping they cut him loose. I remember Gorky going through an awful stretch where they kept putting him back out there and I wondered if he wished he’d get DFA’d instead.

• djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 9:51 am

As they say at the track SanDog: “It’s official”

11. alleykat69 said, on May 25, 2019 at 9:54 am

Mac turned out like the horse at the Preakness finishing without a jockey..

12. djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 10:26 am

1. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    2. Steven Duggar (L) CF
    3. Buster Posey (R) C
    4. Pablo Sandoval (S) 3B
    5. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    6. Kevin Pillar (R) RF
    7. Mike Yastrzemski (L) LF
    8. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    9. Andrew Suarez (L) P

13. alleykat69 said, on May 25, 2019 at 11:44 am

From McCovey Chronicles,
    Diamond Back’s Tim LaCosta has more HBP (7) then Mac Williamson had hits (6)

14. Stan Shell said, on May 25, 2019 at 11:53 am

It occurred to me the other day that TF would have loved this team and this season! He would regale us with stats for all these guys Zman is dragging onto the roster. He would be posting about AA players that we need to bring up or traded for. Pessimistic guys like me he would dismiss as “doomers”. Considering the recent comments by BF, the two of them might even have one of their famous flameouts that cleared the old site, “The Splash” or the early days of the Flap.
    This year would, in his eyes, be the launching pad for great things to come.
    In those days he would secretly preen (I believe) when someone like me would sarcastically refer to him as “the Oracle”. Those were the days.

OSF

• gianthead said, on May 25, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Twin face and I got into on the Splash when he kept claiming Fred Lewis was a plus defender and even kept making the stupid argument as he made two bone-headed plays in LA against the Flodgers. One play I think he committed an error dropping a fly ball and the other if I can recall was a routine play heading I to fold territory and botched the grab…Twin stuck to his crazy argument…Fred Lewis was not a Giant for much longer and I believe that made me the victor in that argument..

• gianthead said, on May 25, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Sorry…Fred Lewis made the second mistake heading into foul territory.

15. sandog said, on May 25, 2019 at 12:34 pm

I gotta admit I’m excited to watch Yastrzemsky play. I know he is not a legit prospect, but I remember the original Yaz well. He was on the back end of his career when I started following baseball as a kid, but he was still the shit. I remember watching a Game of the Week feature showing what a good player his son was, but he never made the bigs and then died tragically young. Now the grandson comes along who has been grinding at this for a while himself and I don’t think he has ever made the bigs either.
    Gonna be interesting to see what he’s got and I’ll get a kick out of any crowd shots we get of Yaz going forward.

16. Macdog said, on May 25, 2019 at 1:14 pm

What a catch by Pillar!

• Bozo said, on May 25, 2019 at 1:17 pm

And he turned two on it. Yep,Mr. FWAR himself.

17. Macdog said, on May 25, 2019 at 1:22 pm

D-Backs still on pace for 18.

• djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 1:47 pm

Well, technically Yaz was right in the middle of this rally…

18. sandog said, on May 25, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Over/Under on how many parks that would have been a grand slam in?

10? Maybe too low of a number?

• djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 1:54 pm

Don’t worry, SD. I think we’re gonna see massive changes over the winter including the ballpark, the manager and coaches, the announcers (possibly 2-3 retirements), of course the roster, and maybe even a new uniform style…

• djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 1:58 pm

The whole organization needs a Giant enema…

19. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 25, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Yastrzemski rolling with #5. Hopefully, he can channel some of the players that wore it previously.

• djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Haller, Ray-Ray…

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:04 pm

Uribe

20. sandog said, on May 25, 2019 at 1:57 pm

Suarez is reminding me of Mike Kickham—and I view Kickham as the worst pitcher I’ve ever seen in the big leagues.

• Stan Shell said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:18 pm

Was he the one half of the wife swap?

• djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:23 pm

No that was Mike Kekich – the worst pitcher I’ve ever seen in the big leagues…

21. sandog said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:03 pm

Why are the Giants giving away a Chris Wallace Garden Gnome?
    I think someone like Rachel Maddow would go over a lot better up there….

• gianthead said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:56 pm

Fox is covering the game…look at this way it could have been a Sean Hannity Gnome…

22. snarkk said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:06 pm

Loo at 1:54 I think has it tagged.
    Offseason is going to see ZMan let fly with a housecleaning.
    Entirely new coaching staff and organization.
    I’m guessing Baer is gone, too, or kicked so far upstairs he’s never seen again.
    Miller and Kruk go, so I bet Kuip, too, even if they have time left on contracts.
    Flemm becomes #1 announcer. Estes takes full time analyst?
    Major upheaval coming, and needed…

• djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:16 pm

Would love to see Timmy get some kind of job.
      Always thought he had a great voice and he knows plenty about the mechanics of pitching…

• snarkk said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:18 pm

I’d love to see that.
        Won’t happen, though…

23. snarkk said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:12 pm

So, I’m with Kat.
    MTO will sign on with another team, eventually make it back to the bigs.
    Then hit the shite out of the ball, with HRs flying out like crazy.
    That has to happen, right?…

• alleykat69 said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:24 pm

You bet, and most of his damage will be against the Giants, it’s inevitable..

24. snarkk said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:19 pm

Adios, things to do.
    This one ripening into another stinker…

25. alleykat69 said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:26 pm

Right now I’m only looking forward to a Thor start!
    And also why not a Pablo opener??

26. djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Wonder if Pablo will be sought after at the TD…

• alleykat69 said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:39 pm

Why not? Pablo can play 9 positions and DH!
      So he’s a 10 in the AL for everyteam except Boston..

27. Macdog said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:31 pm

DFA-bound Suarez.

28. djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:43 pm

How is Bochy not having chest pains?
    He has to go immediately…

• gianthead said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Defibrillator in the dugout???

• alleykat69 said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Right? I’m just depressed watching these losers play baseball!! 28 runs 32 hits and only the 5 th inning of game 2.Whats the record for a 3 game futility nightmare? Cause they have a crack at it tomorrow 🤮😱😩

29. gianthead said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:49 pm

We get to have the Giants game on Fox, thunderstorms coming so nice chance to sit down and watch some baseball and we get this pathetic shit…this is not a baseball team. Very embarrassing. How did ownership allow Sabean and Evans to shit the bed this badly???

30. Flavor said, on May 25, 2019 at 2:56 pm

there is an upside to getting murdered like this back2back: it’s impossible to hide the sheer awfulness of this team anymore. Maybe Boch decides to fuck the rest of the year. Maybe Z gets permission to ditch any player we have regardless of their contract. Who knows, this may free Z up to make more changes to his liking….

• Macdog said, on May 25, 2019 at 3:08 pm

28-3 (so far). That was the score when the 49ers beat the Bears in the ’88 NFC Championship Game.

31. Flavor said, on May 25, 2019 at 3:04 pm

I mean, is Bochy really going to hang out till Sept if they’re getting executed by double digits every game?

32. Flavor said, on May 25, 2019 at 6:07 pm

Did you guys see that Pillar catch? Man, anyone who compared this guy to Gorkey’s is just…I don’t know what you are. Misguided? When we traded for him I think I said he’d be your favorite player on the team this year after getting to watch him play. This fucking guy, he’s our fastest player, nearly our most powerful player, he makes some of the best defensive plays we’ve seen around these parts in literally fucking years.
    Z gave up nothing for him.
    You wanna cry and whine about his OBP and I’m gonna give you a supportive dude head nod.
    Who has been more entertaining than Kevin Pillar this year? Go ahead and list off all those in front of him, I’m waiting…..

• djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Panda is the only competition…

• Flavor said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:15 pm

I accept that nominee. Everyone else will be sucking on the teet of WAR and OPS, holding their fingers in their ears and screaming to drown out the reality of 1.0…

• Flavor said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:23 pm

but my question still stands, who on this team has been more exciting to watch this year than 1.0? I’m ready and willing to consider other nominees. Sadly, no other nominee’s will be coming when fellow Flappers face the cold reality of the truth.

33. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on May 25, 2019 at 6:36 pm

For the past couple of years, while many Flappers were calling for a tear-down/rebuild, Baer et al said no need, still have strong core, etc. Brought Z in who sort of initially said the same thing, but I’m guessing he knew a tear-down was inevitable and he was going to use this *transition year* to prove it. I don’t think it’ll take the full season to get it started. No one on the Giants (Boch included and/or especially) is having fun with this, but I think Z will enjoy the challenge. On a more personal note, kinda warms my heart to see a Yaz in LF some 36 years after I last saw the original at Fenway.

34. willedav said, on May 25, 2019 at 7:40 pm

wow Toronto up 8 in 4th. bucks had 15 point lead earlier and are choking it away with poor shot selection.
    No idea why Giannis spends so much time every possession 25 ft from the hoop at 3 pt line.
    So much for “fear the deer.”

35. djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 7:45 pm

Marv Albert’s another one who doesn’t know when to leave…

36. djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:07 pm

The last minute of this game has been going on for like half a fuckin’ hour…

• willedav said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:19 pm

replay sucks. time outs and FTs where everyone has to slap hands are bad enough for rhythm of a game, but this compounds it and it winds up being even better than a timeout because it last 3 times as long.

37. Macdog said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Congrats to the Raptors for earning the opportunity to get swept by the Warriors.

38. djloo27 said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:14 pm

39. willedav said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:16 pm

Props to Brook Lopez. He’s come a long way. Might have been best Buck on floor tonight.

• Flavor said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:20 pm

probably the last great Stanford athlete anywhere in the world, at least in terms of world class, except maybe Luck if he’s healthy?

• Macdog said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Nets’ all-time leading scorer. Took me a long time to warm up to him, but he’s a good player. Became legit 3-point threat with help/encouragement from Kenny Atkinson.

40. Flavor said, on May 25, 2019 at 8:19 pm

I said Dubs in 5 last week, didn’t matter who they played. And I do think this is the end of the dynasty. They MIGHT win one more next year just to fuck everyone in the ass who says they can’t win without Durant (for the duration). But it’s all ending after that assuming crazy shit doesn’t go down.
    And if it all ends after another title (next year) who among us wouldn’t be ok with that?

41. willedav said, on May 25, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Fun fact: Drew Shiller on Warriors whatever they call it dumb show I don’t watch, played a year with Lopez twins before they left for NBA.
    Really, Brook Lopez is all time Nets scoring leader? Not Buck Williams?

• willedav said, on May 25, 2019 at 9:48 pm

HA should have known better, Mac knows. It is Brook Lopez, who scored 4 points total more than Buck Williams.

42. willedav said, on May 25, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Yes Mac is right. Brook Lopez scored 4 more points for nets in his career than Buck Williams did.

• Macdog said, on May 25, 2019 at 10:31 pm

One more season in Jersey and it might’ve been Vince Carter.