Bending Over For Arizona

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 26, 2019

I’m running out of words to describe how bad the Giants are. If you have tickets to today’s game and you’re still going, man, more power to you. You are a better fan than me. If Shaun Anderson and rainy weather gets your motor going, you win.

What are we looking forward to now? Yaz’ grandson getting his first hit as a Giant? Pffttttt….a more underwhelming future there could not be.

1. unca_chuck said, on May 26, 2019 at 11:01 am

BTW Friday night there were probably around 16,000 bodies in the stands. It was actually better than I thought it would be.

Saw Cypress Hill and Neil young last night.

Up there with the Meat Puppets/NWA show I saw back in the day.

2. unca_chuck said, on May 26, 2019 at 11:03 am

Yeah, I’m just waiting for Bochy to ride off into the sunset tomorrow saying, Z-man, you find a manager to ride herd on this shit show. I’m going shooting.

3. James said, on May 26, 2019 at 11:03 am

With today’s lead in, I guess it’s ok to continue with WillieD re messenger bags and the latest apparel for IT Directors. Higher Ed is always a little behind the IT curve in general, so any other advice you have WD is appreciated!

A nod to Flavor for his unbounded Pillar enthusiasm amidst what looks like the worst SF team we’ve seen this century. The Acrobat and Duggar might make a viable platoon for a team we’d actually want to pay attention to.

• willedav said, on May 26, 2019 at 12:17 pm

James, first question is how much space you need for what you plan to carry. Like most things business or travel related, if you get a bigger bag you’re inclined to fill it, often making it less comfortable to transport. Most of the better ones have multiple pockets/compartments for laptop iPad (or both) files and paperwork, cords cables and a separate easy access pocket for the size cell phone everyone needs these days. Water bottle pockets usually not so great except for more casual bags. I do hear this more and more though as a customer preference. Tougher nylon the better and most good bags are well organized and would also have “pass through” in back that would allow it to be set atop handle of wheeled bag while traveling.

I have spoken to ladies with shoulder or neck issues who feel more comfortable with good backpack. As a rule our business in larger business cases (especially leather) has fallen off precipitously and we are selling more business bps.
      A store that used to belong to our part of company (which has since split off, luckily I’m with better group) used to be right on Shattuck in Berkely, bordered by Kittredge (and maybe Alston?) and across street from movie theater 220 block iirc. I haven’t been there in quite some time though, at least 15 years. Not a bad place to look anyway though imported msgr bag you have I’m sure is quite nice and well made.

• Flavor said, on May 26, 2019 at 1:13 pm

The disrespect you continue to show to our most exciting player is outrageous

4. mrsprtdude said, on May 26, 2019 at 11:48 am

I was thinking that too. Glad Duggar playing every day. Being so bad has allowed the giants fans to realize that that a rebuild style tear down is the only way. Watching unexciting vets suck is the worst.

5. alleykat69 said, on May 26, 2019 at 11:57 am

Yeah I pulling for the kid to get his 1st hit instead of getting hit, leave it to that chump DeCastro who’s been hit 4 times around 8 altogether, who does he think he is Ron Hunt are Don Baylor??
    Also a Thor start gets me pumped some, I like his style, I think he’s someone to build with..

6. willedav said, on May 26, 2019 at 12:34 pm

Not making excuses for pole smoking of offense, but decline in pitching bothers me lot more. Early in season Giants were about 3rd in the league, now they’re 13th or 14th in ERA runs and bombs allowed yada yada.
    B/R says they’ve played 11 blowout games and lost 9 of them, giving up 99 runs. in the other 40 games played they’ve given up 167 runs total, with 19-21 record.

That sums it up for me. As twin used to say, they need 4.3 runs to win, while allowing less. Anderson goes today. giants shut down AZ last weekend and started them on their 5 game losing streak coming in with good pitching.
    Gonna take lot more of same, by SPs.

• djloo27 said, on May 26, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Among the many ways I used to get Twin mad at me was to insist that the 4.3 RPG stat was meaningless because you cannot score 4.3 runs in a single game.
      I still feel the same way…

• James said, on May 26, 2019 at 1:51 pm

ERA reflects percentages of runs per game, too.

• djloo27 said, on May 26, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Absolutely, but a pitcher doesn’t walk out to the mound thinking he’ll win if he just allows say 2.83 runs.
        He can’t!

• James said, on May 26, 2019 at 2:49 pm

Those kind’ve aggregate stats and the related averages aren’t really for players, they’re general targets for a GM (or whoever’s in charge of assembling a roster) to aim for. RPG is basically no different than team ERA. ERA can usefully be applied to an individual pitcher because of the huge role they play in preventing runs in any one game they’re in, but a meaningful equivalent for a hitter simply can’t exist. So, yeah in that regard it’s a silly concept.

7. willedav said, on May 26, 2019 at 12:52 pm

Yesterday for example 20 of 30 SPs were involved in decision, good or bad. Watching Houston Red Sox game on MLB channel they just flashed stat that said only 6 quality starts by Giants pitching in last 26 games.

8. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 26, 2019 at 12:54 pm

9. djloo27 said, on May 26, 2019 at 1:47 pm

Well AZ has 4 runs. If someone can explain to me how we get the 4.3 needed to win, I’m listening…

10. Flavor said, on May 26, 2019 at 1:51 pm

Giants fans booing? Lol what did they expect was going on happen today? This is an embarrassing performance this weekend, one that SHOULD cost a manager his job. Team has quit on good ol Boch

11. djloo27 said, on May 26, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Yes, they lack talent, but Bochy does not have this team ready to play and that is on him.
    His legacy will always be the 3 titles, but he’s done and has to go immediately…

12. Macdog said, on May 26, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Ok, I’m convinced: Bochy has to go, or retire, whatever. It’s one thing when they can’t hit and pitch because the players suck, but when something like letting a runner score from third on a non-squeeze bunt happens, that’s on the manager.

And as I typed this, D-Backs take another extra base on a lazy throw by Duggar, and then Crawford almost throws it away. This is getting comical.

13. Bozo said, on May 26, 2019 at 1:53 pm

I just can’t believe AZ’s hitters are this good, and I also can’t believe our pitchers are that bad so I’m going with AZ is able to hear Boch yelling out the signs.
    Yeesh.

Mac – AZ is on pace for 18 again..

• Macdog said, on May 26, 2019 at 1:57 pm

I think they’re now on pace for 22.5.

14. Macdog said, on May 26, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Yaz gets his first hit and his first Giants dumbass play all at once.

15. djloo27 said, on May 26, 2019 at 2:25 pm

Who would take 50-1 that Bochy is managing his final game?
    I think I would…

16. unca_chuck said, on May 26, 2019 at 2:48 pm

I said it in January.

17. alleykat69 said, on May 26, 2019 at 2:59 pm

I just hope they dump those hitting coaches, nobody listens to those guys anyway, we have a bunch of Mendoza line hitters, just like what these chumps had, bring in Chili Davis just to fire 🔥 some life back into these guys..

18. alleykat69 said, on May 26, 2019 at 2:59 pm

19. Flavor said, on May 26, 2019 at 3:34 pm

3 hits for Yaz. That do anything 4 ya?

• djloo27 said, on May 26, 2019 at 3:41 pm

• alleykat69 said, on May 26, 2019 at 3:41 pm

Yeah it’s a start until they figure him out, advantage Yaz… Hope Z gives him more AB’s then the rest of the carousel express..

20. djloo27 said, on May 26, 2019 at 3:48 pm

Any chance Metallica has a song called “Enter Coonrod”?

21. unca_chuck said, on May 26, 2019 at 4:32 pm

34-8 the last three games. . . 10 games under .500.

They may have finally fallen off the cliff that they keep teetering on the edge of.

• djloo27 said, on May 26, 2019 at 5:14 pm

The Broncos beat the Patriots 34-8 on 11/17/96 if I remember correctly…

22. sandog said, on May 26, 2019 at 6:27 pm

Yaz went 3-4????? NICE
    I’m in Mexico, south of Ensenada, with my daughter. Staring at the Pacific. Sarah is playing some Rex Orange County and it sounds good. 3 Carta Blancas and now a Tequila/Fresca. Just got here around 4.
    Played catch on the beach. I used my old Dal Maxvill Rawlings. Waves are tiny, but thats cool.
    SaladDays

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on May 26, 2019 at 6:29 pm

Did you drive Harvey? Haven’t seen any pics of the old boy in awhile…

• sandog said, on May 26, 2019 at 6:35 pm

No. Harvey and I are a bit estranged at the moment. We did take the The Catfish though, which is what my brother calls my 2000 Windstar with 218,000 miles on it.
        Like a catfish, it simply will not die. And we needed to bring some surfboards and Buster the dog as well.

• djloo27 said, on May 26, 2019 at 7:03 pm

23. sandog said, on May 26, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Granted, i didnt see today’s game, but I’m not down with the “Bochy Must Go” chorus.
    Connie Mack would struggle with this crew. Let Pablo Pitch, Let Timmy Smoke, and let Bochy Bring Home The Herd.

By the by, great luggage breakdown by my main man WillieD at 12:17.

• alleykat69 said, on May 26, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Earl Weaver would be smoking 3 packs a day with this bunch 🚬🚬🚬

24. snarkk said, on May 26, 2019 at 9:12 pm

These guys reminding now of some of those lackluster ’70s Giants squads.
    Thing is, I think this team actually may have more talent, and is looking about as bad.
    I didn’t watch/listen to this one today, but I’m hearing from the Flap that Bochy may be losing this team. I believe it. At the trade deadline the ZMan has to do his darndest to blow this thing up…