Flapalooza Time

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 25, 2019

The good news: we keep getting shutout and those Friday ticket prices will just keep dropping like a rock, baby.

Jon Gray has been painfully average this year, borderline bad on some of his starts. But not last night. Pom Pom was actually the dominating one but Gray had no trouble neutralizing our weak hitters. Someone named Chi Chi Rodriguez or some shit is scheduled to dominate us tonight….

I do think we could use a Flapalooza. Hell, I think our team could use one. But since they are integral to the entertainment process they will have to take the field this Friday while Flap Nation takes over Oracle Park.

Today is all about the RSVP. We need a head count. Right now, I see me, San Dawg, Snarkk, Zumiee and Unca Chuck as definites. There are cheap seats literally all over the park so we’ll sit where we like but we can decide on a block of seats after we nail down the crew.

Game time: 7:15. I will be “housing myself in public” at 5pm.

1. sandog said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:12 am

Who have we not heard from on this?
    Dirt–you in?
    Where the hell is Blade these days?
    Sarge—are you lurking out there somewhere? You in for the game on Friday?
    James is out of the country, so he’s out.
    Willie—are you saying there’s a chance??
    Xoot????

• djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:29 am

Where’s Chi?

• Flavor said, on June 25, 2019 at 10:00 am

Follow up question: where’s Blade?

2. willedav said, on June 25, 2019 at 10:28 am

Yes, this is doable. Find out this afternoon if I can get off work early enough to hit Caltrain yada yada. I used to take it to work in downtown Burlingame years ago. so one night I set up a dinner date with beautiful gal who was from Morocco. Only, I took the wrong train which didn’t stop where I needed it too and had to wait and apologize for being late. Only date we ever had too. hmmnn
    So in case I mess this up let me know where you will meet/ or where y’all are gonna sit and I can find you.
    Mr. Blade iirc was headed to Uruguay for a month.

• Flavor said, on June 25, 2019 at 10:51 am

He got back from Uruguay a couple weeks ago

• willedav said, on June 25, 2019 at 10:53 am

ah thx. “back” to Colorado or here in south bay with family?

• Flavor said, on June 25, 2019 at 11:01 am

I think col

3. Bozo said, on June 25, 2019 at 11:11 am

A PSA for China Basin – Lock up your dogs and your daughters, the Flapalooza is coming to town.

Still just 7 1/2 back in the Wild Card. Come on Gmen, Mr. Chi Chi Gonzalez needs one in the loss column.

4. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 25, 2019 at 11:53 am

As much as I’d like to see Dick unleashed at home I’m out of town this weekend.

5. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 25, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Hate to see a player go down but the Cardinals closer blew out his elbow last yesterday. I don’t know about the prospects but their farm system was ranked #12 earlier this year.

• djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 12:06 pm

That’s why you wait to make a deal.
      Unless the guy you want to deal gets hurt.
      Then you shouldn’t have waited….

6. alleykat69 said, on June 25, 2019 at 12:12 pm

Now theirs rumors that Zman would consider trading with the Dodgers of all thing!
    What’s the trade Will Smith for Will Smith??

7. unca_chuck said, on June 25, 2019 at 12:24 pm

Why everyone hates the Rockets . . .

8. willedav said, on June 25, 2019 at 12:44 pm

Reading the story on MLBTR about Hicks the Cards closer now hurt, gotta wonder what could happen btw Giants and Cards. would they take both bum and Smith? Could Giants unload someone like Melancon (sending along some salary relief) on Cards for Smith? I still like Jose Martinez too, as RH with pop for corner OF/1b. Not making much $$$ and lot more proven ability at the plate than corner guys now on team.

• gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 5:35 pm

I think Jose Martinez has been awful last 30 days or so…

9. zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 1:21 pm

Amazingly, Posey is still hitting over .300 in his career, entering play today at .303.

• djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 6:07 pm

A .303 BA will always bring to mind Ron Hunt in 1964 followed by Cookie Rojas in 1965…

10. zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 1:24 pm

The WAR nerds have Adam Jones’ 2019 number at 0.0 entering today. That’s rough!

• zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 1:28 pm

Lil Yaz: 0.5

11. djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 3:53 pm

Francesa says 60 players on pace to hit 30+ HRS. 150 on pace for 20+ HRS.
    Hopefully, somebody reliable fed him that stat.
    He is usually wrong…

12. zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 4:02 pm

Season 3 of Stranger Things starts next month. This is a pretty funny trailer for Season 3:

• djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 4:07 pm

It’s also Season 3 of Stranger Things for our Giants.
      Except there’s not much funny about it…

• gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Looks awesome!! My kids and I can’t wait…

13. djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 4:17 pm

SanDog:
    RE: Lennon/McCartney feud – have you ever seen this? Stay for the last few seconds…

14. mrsprtdude said, on June 25, 2019 at 4:25 pm

Flappolosa would be awesome but no way I can make it to SF. Next time, and maybe more notice for us far away Flappers!

15. mrsprtdude said, on June 25, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Not sure what that video shows. I called my best friend an asshole and a dick within 5 minutes of each other just this weekend! We are not feuding..

16. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 25, 2019 at 4:58 pm

1B Brandon Belt L
    RF M. Yastrzemski L
    C Buster Posey R
    LF A. Dickerson L
    CF Kevin Pillar R
    3B E. Longoria R
    SS B. Crawford L
    2B D. Solano R
    P M. Bumgarner R

Bochy taking a different approach here with Belt as he moves Dick up and down the lineup.

• gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 5:41 pm

Maybe Boch’s worst lineup ever…

• djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Looks like it was picked out of a giant hat…

• djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 6:02 pm

Bochy needs to see if his Dick has the ability to clean up.
      This can be quite useful…

17. zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 5:30 pm

John and Paul (and George somewhat) had a public feud for a few years in the early ‘70s, mostly over the convoluted mess of Beatles royalties. They had patched things up by the mid-‘70s, however, and Paul and Linda visited John and Yoko several times at the Dakota.
    The song “How Do You Sleep?” is low on my list of John’s songs. What bothers me most is that the song is on the Imagine album, with an album title song that is a peace anthem. It’s a tone-deaf moment for John. Paul has a song that answers back, although it’s more subtle, and the name escapes me at the moment.

• zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 5:40 pm

The biggest divide on the royalties issue was over which financial expert should they hire to sort out all the money. Paul wanted Linda’s father, a more traditional corporate financial expert; and John was having none of that. He wanted Allen Klein, a major music business accountant with a checkered past, but who the Stones had vouched for. George and Ringo sided with John, and that didn’t go down well with Paul. Soon John and Paul were sniping in the press, which wasn’t helpful for anybody.

• zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 5:47 pm

Allen Klein is spoofed well by John Belushi in the brilliant Beatles parody “All You Need Is Cash.”
        He’s portrayed by Belushi as a mafia-type guy, which probably wasn’t far from the truth.

18. gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 5:45 pm

In one of those recent box sets of outtakes or something of them in the studio, Lennon is working on something with one of his songs and struggling and snidely refers to McCartney with something like everything Paul does is perfect…

19. zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 5:48 pm

Some of us have been calling for years for Belt to lead-off in some games. Bochy finally caved in.

20. zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 5:58 pm

At the end of the Beatles, John was a bit jealous that the big hit singles in the last couple of years of the Beatles were mostly Paul songs and George songs. John wrote some great songs during those years, but fewer big hit singles as compared to his earlier years in the Beatles.

21. gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 5:59 pm

Here is something I just learned, CarGo is a Cub!!! Who would have known???

• gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Another thing just learned…Giants game on Espn..

22. zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 6:09 pm

“All You Need Is Cash, ” of course, is about The Rutles, a Beatles parody. The songs in the movie are written by Neil Innes, from Monty Python. They are brilliant homages and parodies of Beatles song. I love Innes’ songs. He plays the John Lennon character and Eric Idle plays the Paul character. This song is styled on the Hard Day’s Night period. Innes wrote a great song.

23. alleykat69 said, on June 25, 2019 at 6:17 pm

When a reporter asked Bochy last night if he thought of moving Posey down the LU he just gave him a blank stare and finally said:Well he’s battled some injuries,but he’s coming around I feel good about his progress! Wtf in other words,he’s not about to move him out of the 3 are 4 hole out of his stubbornness to a loyal vet..

24. zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 6:55 pm

The Dodgers started their scrubini lineup tonight, which has a total OPS average of about .900. No joke.

• alleykat69 said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:00 pm

What’s are half of that are less?

• djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:06 pm

Let me think about that…

25. zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 6:59 pm

With 2 strikes on Belt, like clockwork, teams throw at the top of the strike zone hoping he’ll take the pitch.

26. djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:00 pm

ESPN cameras catching some amazing shots of the empty ballpark…

• alleykat69 said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:06 pm

Posey just matador swings now,away from the plate to far, no leg drive, just a shell 🐚 of his former self..

27. djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Classic “rusty gate” swing on strike 3 for Buster.
    Painful to watch…

• alleykat69 said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Yeah just not painful for Boch to see I guess.
      Boch is such a stubborn fossil at this point, just looking for his last free gifts from his farewell tour…

28. gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:20 pm

It really chaps my hide to stay up late on the least coast and watch the “modern” game with a lead-off walk for Dick with an atrocious lineup and Pillar up and zippo attempt to move the base-runner up and he swings away on a ball breaking 5 feet outside for strike 3 and then watch Longoria pitifully ground weakly into a double play…what the fuck???

• gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:25 pm

Probably a big game for Mad Bum to prove his value as a starter after his poor last start…there are what 10 playoff potential teams who could use starting pitching???

• zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Should be lots of interest.

• gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:29 pm

Would Farhan do a deal with the A’s??? Bum would be perfect for them and A’s likely loves he would be a rental and moving on. What could be better for Bum in the middle of a season to get traded to another team and get to stay exactly at his home??? Who knows the A’s and what kind of prospect could we get? How much better of prospect (s) adding Will Smith???

29. gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Boch actually sent Crawford on a swing and run??? I wont consider what the Giants as “hitting!”

• gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:32 pm

And that is why you send the runner…

30. gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:49 pm

There goes the perfect game so I can go to bed!!!

31. djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:49 pm

Sorry, but both the HR and the deep fly looked like routine outs to me off the bat…

• gianthead said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:50 pm

Yeah….the wind does not blow out there…

• alleykat69 said, on June 25, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Scouts watching may see that different though.

32. Bozo said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:03 pm

Big two out hits.

33. willedav said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:06 pm

bottom of order getting it done. I like Solano.
    Friday looks good. I can get off work early, catch train in Sunnyvale and be in SF 6-ish.
    fill me in on what to do from there.

• Flavor said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:09 pm

sounds good. I am going to get a final headcount tomorrow and then buy tickets you guys can pay me when I see you. We’re still working out location but probably Pub House

34. Flavor said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:08 pm

How did Amy G win an emmy

• willedav said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:22 pm

there was a twitter post from her I saw on cbs site re: her interview with newest Giant. Um possibilities here literally endless.
      Even better than haikus

• sandog said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:22 pm

I was wondering more about the other 2…..

35. willedav said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Only player I remember being called Chi Chi was Braves reliever from ’60s, Chi Chi Olivo. didn’t break into ML until he was 33, and he looked 10 years older than that.
    Older brother was Diomedes Olivo, reliever for Pit/Stl early ’60s. both passed long time ago in DR, one at 48 other at 58.

• djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:49 pm

Chi Chi Olivo is the answer to an old Yankee trivia question…

36. snarkk said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Buster with the familiar HIDP. Bochy putting him in the 3 hole certainly has nada to do with a baseball decision…

37. Macdog said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:29 pm

Gonzalez vs. Buster:

38. sandog said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:33 pm

C’mon Pillar…..

• djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:49 pm

Literally sickening…

39. sandog said, on June 25, 2019 at 8:55 pm

40. Macdog said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:02 pm

Austin power!

41. alleykat69 said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:03 pm

Austin went City Limits on that bomb!

42. djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:09 pm

Almost forgot he was on the team…

• alleykat69 said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:14 pm

Yeah Austin will be a trivia guy down the line.
      Sort of remember him as a guy not good enough to start but not bad enough to get rid of..

43. alleykat69 said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:11 pm

I would of thought more players would say invisible, like their season has been..

44. zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:20 pm

“Loo—I had not seen that bit about John and Paul before. I was expecting something a bit more subtle!”

Yeah, nothing subtle about “How Do You Sleep?” A total hatchet job.
    I saw an interview with Paul a few years ago where he said he was so glad he and John had patched things up before John died.

• djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:26 pm

I wonder if they really did or if he just said that – although there was some story that they were considering crashing SNL one Saturday night in the late 70’s…

• zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:31 pm

John said they had patched things up, during his media interviews for Double Fantasy.
        He said they kept their get-togethers secret because fans would get over-hyped for a Beatles reunion.

45. djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:29 pm

46. Macdog said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:30 pm

MadBum win and an RBI hit, Smitty mows ’em down again!

47. alleykat69 said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:31 pm

21/21 For Will Smith Sell Sell Sell Pork bellies are only going to drop if you wait!
    Clint time Z?

• zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:33 pm

48. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Funny to see that clip of the Cubs with bases loaded and 1 out, and Braves get a DP without a ball even put in play because of bad Cubbie baserunning between pitches. Maddon’s face didn’t look all genius level at that moment…

49. djloo27 said, on June 25, 2019 at 9:41 pm

“I saw an interview with Paul a few years ago where he said he was so glad he and John had patched things up before John died”

Most people say stuff like that – but why? Would you rather have a friend or an ex-friend die?

• zumiee said, on June 25, 2019 at 10:13 pm

It’s a very tough thing for people when someone dies before they can patch things up. I’ve seen people in emotional agony in those situations. It makes it a greater challenge to get some closure.

50. mrsprtdude said, on June 25, 2019 at 11:22 pm

Good to see Clint. Thanks to all for the Beatles trivia

51. snarkk said, on June 26, 2019 at 12:28 am

Good game for Bum. So, trade him now.
    Giants on pace to win 71…