Relax

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 7, 2019

So I’ve collected myself a bit since last night realizing there are still 3 weeks of games to go before the trade deadline. Maybe Bum misses a start? Either way, he has to come back and show he’s healthy or no team is going to offer shit for him.

Slater, Pillar and all the Dick you can handle. That outfield might not produce too many wins but it’s the outfield I’d like to see trotted out there for a few weeks straight. Three hungry, fast dudes. Why not?

1. zumiee said, on July 7, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Man, I don’t envy Zaidi for the next few weeks.

• Flavor said, on July 7, 2019 at 7:36 pm

I do. This is his wheelhouse. He knows exactly what to do–

2. Flavor said, on July 7, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Zumiee I totally disagree that the *vast majority* of Giants fans will be clamoring for him to be a buyer (if we keep winning which we won’t). I follow a lot of Giants fans on twitter they seem to know the deal. We are terrible and a few wins doesn’t change anything other than it’s nice to see them win vs lose. Although to be honest I am at the point in the season where I’m ok with the losses if it gets us closer to a top 5 pick.

• zumiee said, on July 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm

I’m going by what I see from Giants fans on Facebook. They are FEELING IT right now.

• Flavor said, on July 7, 2019 at 7:48 pm

that’s silly. I hope they aren’t getting too invested in this mirage of wins. I know Z isn’t.

• zumiee said, on July 7, 2019 at 7:49 pm

Some of them have been fans since about 2009. They’re not big into waiting.

• Flavor said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:01 pm

that’s fair but the quickest way to get back on top is to do the hard thing. Re-upping with this same team over and over is what Sabean would do. It’s what got us in this mess in the first place. We need bold moves to begin the resurrection.

• djloo27 said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:00 pm

Of the 4 major sports, I think high draft picks mean the least in baseball…

• Flavor said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:02 pm

nowadays the top pick is golden.

3. Flavor said, on July 7, 2019 at 7:40 pm

shit, they could keep winning and still be stuck behind 8 teams for the WC.

4. sandog said, on July 7, 2019 at 7:59 pm

Duggar 4th outfielder at best? I got no gripe with that take. Pillar currently a better baseball player than Duggar? I got no bitch with that either. Pillar plays a better all-around center field than Duggar?
    THAT I have a problem with.
    I was camping the past couple of days so did not see any of the awesome plays Pillar made, but I will still stick to my guns on this one.

• Flavor said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Duggar should not be starting in front on Pillar, Dickerson or Slater—all for different reasons. I am sticking to my guns on that.

• sandog said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:21 pm

Different argument.
        …and now all of the sudden we’re sky high on Slater reinventing himself after 10 at bats?????

5. pawliekokonuts said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:01 pm

I mean, c’mon. Do we need all this motherfuckin shaming just because I try out my shiny Optimism suit? Fuck all. I have some cred. Fan since 1955. FFS. Perennial doomer. Give me one fuckin break, fukwads.

• Flavor said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:03 pm

you’ve channeled your inner-twin, there is something nice about that.

• djloo27 said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Pawlie, have you ever reached out to Don Taussig?
      I think he’s still alive…

• pawliekokonuts said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:23 pm

I reached Don Taussig at his home in Jupiter, Florida (neighbor to Tiger Woods??) while writing CHASING WILLIE MAYS. If any of you c*cksuckers read the book, you’d know that. (That’s for Twinfan.) I felt kind of bad. Oh, he knew of what I spoke. He knew full well that he was the goat, the last out, in a nine-run ninth that ended 11-10 against the Pirates in 1958 at Seal (Seals? I always forget) Stadium. He got death threats. Sportwriters (and wise guys from Syracuse) never let him live it down. To his credit, or not, he started pitching to me his book on hitting that is still out there (just as the Ted Williams book still sells). Taussig said the great hitters in those days were farm boys, strong hands, strong wrists. If I’m not mistaken, he was born in Manhattan. Not many of those.

• sandog said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:30 pm

• pawliekokonuts said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:40 pm

the DISCARDED makes it both sad and hilarious; where’d you get that? gold

• sandog said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:06 pm

I stumbled upon that while noodling about online boning up on Don Taussig after your hilarious cocksucker post.

6. Flavor said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Goddamn I wish Twinner was still around–at least until the first 50 or so emails rolled in at 1am. After than, not so much….

• djloo27 said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:19 pm

This season was made for him…

• Flavor said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:20 pm

it really was, it really was. Goddamn went too fast, Twinner did. I always just remember the good times with him and the bad stuff stopped bothering me years ago. Still regret not calling him back just before he died. Take care of that bat, Loo

7. zumiee said, on July 7, 2019 at 8:50 pm

I got the feeling this is how TF viewed the Central Valley.

8. sandog said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:13 pm

Wrenched the heck out of my back surfing earlier today. (Attempting to surf, that is) Sensitive as hell right now all across the lower back.
    Any advice? Interventions I’ve tried so far:
    –Whiskey
    –CBD Oil
    –Hot rocks rubbed on my back by attractive women while I lay face down on a beach towel. (True!)
    –Long hot shower
    –800 mgs of BigBoy non-coated Ibuprofen

• zumiee said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:18 pm

After reading that list, a bunch of Flappers want to go injure themselves surfing.

• snarkk said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Friggin‘ gold, zum…

• djloo27 said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:26 pm

Ralph Kramden slept on a heating pad and passed his company physical the next morning…

• sandog said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:34 pm

That is about how well I’m moving around!

I keep thinking of the Scrubs episode where Cox wrenches his back dunking during a pickup basketball game, but tries to act like he is fine while getting thru the workday and later a rare opportunity for sex with his hot wife.

• xoot said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:44 pm

I swear to god I just woke up from napping on a heating pad as I try to get ambulatory enough to pass my cardiologist’s treadmill stress test tomorrow. She (the cardiologist) says she doesn’t want me to spend money on a new surfboard until she’s sure it’s safe—there have been several failures of hearts about my age recently at point breaks on the east side of Santa Cruz.

• sandog said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:51 pm

That’s wild, Xoot. I’ve had “what the hell was I thinking” running through my mind all afternoon.
        …and the heating pad was a good call. I was able to find it and I have it in place right now.

• pawliekokonuts said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:39 pm

I’m watching The Last Czars on Netflix. You need you some Rasputin.

• pawliekokonuts said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:40 pm

dude knew how to mix sex and religion

• Macdog said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Pawlie: B-ville weekend is Aug. 10-11, hope to make it up there. Also, we met up with Loo on Oct. 23, 2016.

9. snarkk said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:40 pm

Posts since around 7:30 are friggin‘ gold.
    I’ve LMaO … 👍

10. willedav said, on July 7, 2019 at 9:53 pm

The OF is less an issue than the IF, though it remains to be seen how well the young guys can continue to hit. They are more fun to watch, even Yaz who probably sucks, Austin too. I’d still hit Slater and Pillar 2 and 3. Slater can get on base and use whole field, and Pillar when hot (like June ) brings some pop and runs well.

The problems on the IF are lot harder to solve. Unless as Loo mentions you throw one of them in as part of a deal, I don’t see how Giants move any of them or Posey and get much in return. None of them are hitting well enough to be of value to a contender. Plus any decent replacements such as the prospect kid from DR seem years away.

It hurts to watch pitching go; close games keep interest up for me whether Giants hit HRs or not. And once they’re gone and L’s pile up I’m not “OK with the losses as long as it gets us closer to top 5 pick.” I’d just stop watching altogether, and forget going back up to a game unless there was a bunch of us involved.

11. willedav said, on July 7, 2019 at 10:06 pm

It’s funny how well some of the OF guys have done well right away. Pillar hit 4 bombs in his first 6 games (most of them at home no less). Then he it took him 2 months to hit 2 more. His May sucked and he’s made some weird gaffes, just flat out dropping baseballs that should have been caught. June was much better and he’s raised OPS past .700 mark.
    Dickerson and Slater are doing things at the plate they haven’t ever done either in small sample size. Austin strikes out quite often and is under Mendoza line. No problem running them out there but I just can’t forget “bowker gang” guys like Nate the less than great. Few nice games, fans would beatch about Bochy not playing him often enough and then he’d go 4 of 40.
    And Ramos is still ways away.

12. willedav said, on July 7, 2019 at 10:43 pm

Major issue of OF vs. IF is that the IFs to a man are much more productive on road. Check out longo who has road OPS in the .900s. The HR today is only his second here all year out of 12. Belt is same way, road OPS and slugging over 100 points higher and 7 of his 10 bombs on road. Panik and Crawford, same thing. The park has just become something they resign themselves to. I don’t see how this changes though Longo and Craw are hitting better last couple weeks.
    Giants road record is almost .500 and run differential is minus 6; I don’t think that is insignificant and it shows me they can hang with better teams. At home everything has been way worse though june/july encouraging.

13. djloo27 said, on July 8, 2019 at 3:57 am

I thought I would extend our contest deadline to 9:00 pm eastern time Monday just in case some of our regular friends (Sarge, Blade, Irish Kev, OSF, etc) turn up today after the holiday weekend…