When The Young Take Over The Earth

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 9, 2019

The HR Derby was fun to watch but it also made me a little sad. One by one a young stud strode to the plate and blasted ball after ball deep into the night’s sky. Where is our Alonso? Our Vlad Jr? Our Acuna?

This is one reason why being a buyer at the break is such an idiotic idea. You have to DRAFT these guys or trade your “Bum’s and Smith’s” for them. Baseball has changed dramatically in many ways over the last few years. Young players dominate the landscape. Some fans don’t like that because they don’t know who any of these players are.

I’m far less interested in the all star game than I was the HR Derby. I fired up several teams at draftkings just to niggle up some interest.

And now to more important things. Loo’s contest is closed. Here are the entries.

Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 7.35.12 AM

Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 7.35.22 AM

1. Bozo said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:38 am

How about being a buyer for the future? You know there might be some shopping deals that could help now or in the near future so I wonder what guys like Rodririguez, Garcia or Shaw could bring back.

I still have this feeling that the Giants might hold on to Bum and if they can’t sign him to an extension, they’d just drop the qualifying offer on him and get the additional draft pick. How many pools around MLB would that fuck up?

If the Giants make all the trades everyone seems to want them to make, it’ll be a very long 2nd half, so I’m sticking with AHOFO.

2. djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:47 am

Only Zumie on the Yanks was very surprising…

3. unca_chuck said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:47 am

¿Que es AHOFO?

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:07 am

Macdog said, on July 8, 2019 at 7:03 pm (Edit)

Flav came up with #AHOFO in the June 19 “You Need Two To Rival” thread:

Flavor said, on June 19, 2019 at 10:00 am
      fuck that, win out and we get to 122 wins. Aim high or fuck off is my new moto. #AHOFO

• Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:28 am

Aim high or fuck off

4. gianthead said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:52 am

Being the only one to have Bum going to Philly is either a good decision not very bad one. Was up in the middle of the night after a business trip and could not get back to sleep so watched some more Vegas league Warriors and Evans seems polished enough that must he why Quinn Cook was let go. The Serbian kid and literally a kid at 18-going 19 has some nasty to him. Love it. But was also reading last 2 days of Flap material and discussion about getting into a playoff chase…only thing I could picture was Don Quixote chasing windmills…this team is no way able to stay in any kind of world card chase and detrimental to do or think about doing it. Time to sale the figurative farm…I think the Boch count is down to 33 wins!!! Not unrealistic to get about 25 of those before Sept 1…not putting money on it either…

• gianthead said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:00 am

Ok 23 wins before Sept 1 is possible. Still not betting it…

5. djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:58 am

Remember guys, in addition to Flavor’s gift card I have a very cool item for the winner if they nail the Bum-Smith exacta. Cardinal 70 would not love it…

• Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:52 am

if I tie with Dirt, the likeliest of scenarios, I will forgo the gift card and take the secret prize behind door #2

6. gianthead said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:12 am

Just was looking at Bart’s throw in futures all-star game. Bounty has got some size and nailed a base-stealer. 0-2 though but Ramos got a single in his only plate appearance….will Bart be up end of this year?

• gianthead said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:12 am

Not Bounty but The Boy

7. gianthead said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:15 am

And I should have received way more points from the Daniel pool for actually picking the Giants (should have been triple bonus points!!!l) to win the series and was only off by .002 on Cards batting average…

• alleykat69 said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:36 am

Here Here GH..I say a full investigation is warranted!

• unca_chuck said, on July 9, 2019 at 11:46 am

I hear James Comey isn’t busy right now.

8. zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:30 am

I’ve been pondering Chuck’s comment about Zaidi getting a 5 year deal, and therefore Zaidi shouldn’t worry at all about fan reaction to deals. You have to be willing to endure some fan hostility; it comes with the GM job.
    I would recommend to Zaidi that he not make any deals with the Dodgers. That would especially be a PR nightmare for him.

• alleykat69 said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:45 am

Agree Zumie,
      You can never deal with your most hatred rivalry!
      “It would be like striking up a peace agreement with The Hatfields&McCoys,just not going to happen”!

• Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:51 am

again, I totally disagree. If Z gets the better end of a trade with the Dodgers it’s absolutely the right move. When the Giants traded for Reggie Smith do you think the fan base freaked out negatively? Sabean? He would get fleeced. But Z is sharp and we’re going to see some really great moves from him by the deadline. I could care less who he trades with as long as it makes us better.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:03 am

Think Smith was a FA or came from someone other than LA.
        Pretty sure last trade with them was Candy for Trevino.
        I also remember Hunt for Haller and something with PeeWee Oliver…

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:52 am

Pee Wee was actually in the Hunt-Haller trade along with a 4th guy I never heard of.
        Smith was a FA signing…

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:06 pm

• unca_chuck said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:22 pm

You can’t GM to the fans. Your basic fan is the FB crowd that pines for Hunter, wants us to re-sign Timmy, and thinks it’s still too early to give up. They root for the uniforms and the old stars. Baseball is hard enough front-office-wise without having to worry about fan reaction.

Sabean’s first big move was to offload Matt Williams for Jeff Kent. Hugely unpopular move, but it made the team better.

9. willedav said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:13 am

Gotta admit, part of me hope Pawlie wins. Off season Z gets Bum resigned to reasonable 3 yr deal, pitching is not dismantled (save for Pom/smrdz/M). 1b 2b ss see at least 1-2 upgrades and another bat is added to OF. Pillar currently makes less than $6mil and Giants work out short term deal with him.
    Meanwhile Giants continue to develop Bart draft, this one and the next.

10. sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:46 am

I gotta give you credit Flav, you never miss a chance to trot out your “Sabean was a dundering idiot who lucked his way into 3 rings” take.

I can’t wait to see the incredible bounty the almighty Zaidi hauls in for Bum….

..and on the contest, don’t forget that if someone nails the Trifecta, Loo flies out for 2020 Opening Day and we all do what we have to do to join him. Hell, bring the cat Loo, I’m sure they have cat exercise rooms at SFO as well. We treat pets like fucking royalty here in Cali.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:51 am

She can still scoot pretty good on those 3 legs…

• Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:56 am

The bounty is coming Diggity. Better sit down and take a qualude before reading about it

• sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 11:27 am

Its gonna be massive. I’m envisioning something along the lines of Bartolo Colon for Grady Sizemore, Brandon Phillips, and Cliff Lee.
        Sabean would have traded him for a bag of dogshit.

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 11:27 am

I’m surprised no one else mentioned Moronta. Have you recuperated from your struggle with the recent south swell?

• sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 11:31 am

No. Yesterday was better, but today is the same as yesterday and that is disappointing. I dropped a guitar pick on the sidewalk earlier and it took a hell of an effort for me to pick that sonofabitch up.
        Funny thing, Im in LA now right by Cabrillo Beach and its got a great little beginner friendly break going.

• sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 11:34 am

Loo has mentioned trading Moronta more than once. Young and controllable though, with sometimes filthy stuff.
        I’m not anxious to trade him unless the bounty is qualude-worthy.

• willedav said, on July 9, 2019 at 11:41 am

xoot you’re killing me. If Bum smith Dyson and or Watson, plus Moronta go while Smrdz M and Pomeranz stay, I’ll have to put in with doomer crowd. Moronta is just fun to watch, and does seem to have closer mentality. Great combo of the high 98 hard one and killer breaking ball with a little Casilla wildness mixed in.
        @Dawg be careful brutha. Rest and recover, as I telling Samoan guy I see Sundays at gym who has had chest congestion he can’t get rid of for months.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:03 pm

I’ve mentioned trading EVERYBODY more than once…

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:18 pm

Slow waves on a warm summer day—sounds like something I could handle right now, so long as the heating pad was ready to fire up. I hate the crowds though.

11. alleykat69 said, on July 9, 2019 at 11:33 am

When the smoke from the fire sale is over Moronta will be the closer..

• gianthead said, on July 9, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Totally agree. Why trade a piece that is young and cheap???

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 2:37 pm

Moronta definitely will get a shot at closer if he’s on the team. As to money, the giants don’t need to play penny ball. They’re rich and the luxury tax will end soon. They need a lot of young talent. It’d be easy to trade one minimum contract for two or three. Rare decent comment I heard from the announcers last night concerned the NL’s astounding AS starting lineup–average age 26. (Best comment I heard: “That’s one of his Achilles’ heels.”)

12. Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 11:42 am

Sabean’s problem is that he never had any idea what these guys were worth. He handed out 75 mil to Belt and Crawford and was probably thinking, “shit I gave these guys 150 mil they gotta be worth the moon!”. Nobody ever wants most of our guys as evidenced by how many of them pass through waivers unclaimed. If no one wants them for free who would want to trade for them? Luckily we’ve got 5 or 6 guys right now who have decent value. Z is a pro who is respected and known. All 5/6 should all be traded so we can get this reclamation project going faster. I trust Z to do this the right way.

13. unca_chuck said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:05 pm

Moronta is a piece to keep I think. He’s cheap and he’s under control. No one outside of San Francisco seems to even know he exists.

• Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:06 pm

exactly. Can’t trade everyone and he’s a piece that probably isn’t valued highly across the country.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:09 pm

I like how the blog’s been humming along lately.
        Wish a few more of the missing would re-surface.
        When does Stix get out?

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:14 pm

No. Everyone knows what he is and his salary could make him more interesting to smaller market trams

• willedav said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:37 pm

hope so Unc and yes he only makes half a mil. Dyson is at $5, Smith at $4.2 Watson at $4.5 dyson is arb eligible and should get a mil or 2 bump. Smith sure to get more expensive and as Snarkk said, awful tough to gauge consistency of set up and closer guys..

14. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:09 pm

Ha, I just realized Flav and I made the same picks and agree that it is the most likely scenario to prevail. Pretty obvious, tbh. I think dj already mentioned he won’t be building a computer which is a damn shame when you think about it. What’s the gift card for anyway?

• zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Amazon, I think.

15. zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:15 pm

Dawg, were you busking?! What was your set list?

16. djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:16 pm

I hadn’t noticed that there was a potential for a tie.
    Now that I look at it, there’s actually potential for several ties since Bum & Smith are equally valued.
    We’ll work it out somehow if it happens…

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Posey’s HR total in July can be the tie breaker of the tie breaker?

• unca_chuck said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:23 pm

Who isn’t going to say 0?

• unca_chuck said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Make it Pillar or Longo. Someone who actually has a chance of hitting 1 or 2.

17. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:18 pm

Rosenthal is out and about on social media warning not to expect much back for Bumgarner and points to the 2017 Yu Darvish trade as a comparable. I guess that’s a fair enough comp. Who knows?

The club playing better as of late gives Zaidi a stronger position at least.

• unca_chuck said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:27 pm

What would be nuts is trading Bummie and Smith and reaching the playoffs because of the talent we get from the trades. How funny would that be?

Be that as it may though, Bummie’s playoff record has to account for something in the upcoming deal.

Much like Kershaw’s. Opie’s trade value would be hindered by his playoff meh-ness.

18. Macdog said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:24 pm

• willedav said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:43 pm

check out the twitter commentary on this guys’ thread. there is a great suggestion for AS game stuff—a skills contest for accuracy/distance for OF throws. That I could watch.

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 1:14 pm

Mid season? Maybe. I remember reading about joe DiMaggio injuring his arm before a WS. Rumors flew but No one outside the yanks knew for sure. Warming up before game one he uncorked a long perfect throw from deep cf to home plate. His arm was pretty much shot for the day. Pain must’ve been horrible. But no one ran on him in the game.

• willedav said, on July 9, 2019 at 1:28 pm

used to see teams take IF and OF practice before games at the Stick. thought it was tremendous to watch ball hum from station to station.

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 2:31 pm

everything used to be different

19. zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 12:56 pm

Chapman’s dad was a terrible pitcher for him. Lots of low and away pitches that Chapman had to let go by.
    Also, I guess not too many people care that a lot of the pitchers were breaking the rules by throwing pitches before the previously-hit balls had landed. Vlad’s pitcher was the biggest offender. He was pitching the next pitch while the previous fly ball was barely starting to come down. Of course, the broadcasters said nothing about the violations. It made it more dangerous for the kids on the field, but hardly anyone cared.
    I was mostly reading a book at the time, but every once in a while I would look up at the TV screen and see what was happening, just for the heck of it.

• Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 1:13 pm

the craziest thing was that they couldn’t even keep track of the correct number of Joc bombs during his battle with Vlad Jr. I mean, the dude counting had ONE job, and it was quite simple. Embarrassing for ESPN.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 4:05 pm

We’re you surprised that the cat in the hat came back?

20. unca_chuck said, on July 9, 2019 at 1:18 pm

If the balls are still in the air when the next pitch is coming it would screw that up. I guess.

Didn’t see it tho.

21. gianthead said, on July 9, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Is Dog just waking the earth strumming his guitar???? Here is one reason never trade anything of value to the LAFlodgers…they have not won a WS in 30 years. If we trade them an arm and they win the Series, I will hound Farhan to Hell!!!

Moronta will be our closer for the next couple of years of we trade Smith. Bum probably brings the most prospects back if paired with Smith…but dont see any chatter of teams wanting to do that with the Giants…

• sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 2:12 pm

Pretty much. Although it has just been a Cali jaunt up to this point. I will take my talents South of the Border late next week.

Hey I work at a high school G—July. Is when I reinvigorate myself.

Trump National is about 4 miles from where I’m staying. Golf now has some rates in the 160s. If the back heals up, I’m going to get over there and swing it in the next couple of days.

• zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 2:47 pm

• gianthead said, on July 9, 2019 at 6:28 pm

Sweet…hope the back heals. Nothing is worse than back problems with a golf swing. I was just in NC and originally we were trying to play this course named Tobacco Road and I was shocked it has off-season rates of just $100 during the week. Check out the course. Need to go back.

22. zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 2:13 pm

“they have not won a WS in 30 years. If we trade them an arm and they win the Series, I will hound Farhan to Hell!!!”

There’s a huge amount of Giants fans that would have a similar reaction. Baer may want to explain that to Zaidi.

• Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 3:02 pm

If that happened Giants fans will get over it when the prospects they trade us help bring us back to glory. If they can’t wait that long they weren’t real fans to begin with. Fuckem

• gianthead said, on July 9, 2019 at 6:30 pm

If the Flodgers won a title, a little part of me will die. I am now enjoying giving my Laker loving boss crap about the clippers out-smarting Legroin and the Lakers.

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm

At this point, I don’t much care who wins the next HR derby–in October. I want a new roster.

23. xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 3:02 pm

Ray Fosse wouldn’t be the announcer he is today if he hadn’t taken this hit.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 4:11 pm

Trivia: Who got the game winning hit?
      Hint: He was a Cub in 1970…

• sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 4:23 pm

Your boy Jim Hickman!

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 5:29 pm

What a sick year Hickman had in 1970.
        Many guys had career years in ’70 – just 2 seasons after the “year of the pitcher”.
        Definitely something going on with the ball that year, too…

• zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 5:31 pm

And the mound was lowered several inches.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 5:45 pm

Did they lower the mound before ’69 or did they wait till ’70?

• zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 6:16 pm

Before ‘69, and tweaked the strike zone a bit, shrinking it.

24. zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 5:26 pm

Joe Buck talking to Freddie Freeman while he’s batting is the kind of cruddy idea that Fox Sports would do.

25. alleykat69 said, on July 9, 2019 at 5:36 pm

Just Joe Buck being there is cruddy enough for me.Then you add Pee Wee Herman doing his jizzing interviews adds to the frustration..

26. Macdog said, on July 9, 2019 at 5:39 pm

Might be nice to get All-Star umps, too.

27. alleykat69 said, on July 9, 2019 at 5:50 pm

Playoffs/AllStar/W/S same old Opie!!
    Meh..

28. djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Staring at the pool up above it’s occurred to me that a 20 way tie is absolutely possible.
    I wish I was kidding…

• zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 6:19 pm

If there’s ties, that’s OK, just treat it like a tournament. The people who tied go onto the next round of competition.

• gianthead said, on July 9, 2019 at 6:33 pm

If that happened, I should just be declared the winner!!!

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:01 pm

You mean maybe no one gets one right? New contest time!

29. zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Fun fact: the so-called 2nd half only has 73 games for the Giants.

30. zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Muncy is playing 2b in the All Star game. That’s laughable. That will bite the Dodgers in the playoffs.

31. Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Zumiee’s idea to break the tie is a good one

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:17 pm

What if everyone ties, though? I thought that was Loo’s eureka moment.

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:21 pm

I think we’re looking at a behavioral game theory problem. Quick google search suggests a variation on the Keynesian Beauty Contest. Plenty of teams aren’t mentioned in the spread sheet, right? The hubris of the group restricted the universe of possibilities.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Or perhaps I have inadvertently derived an equilibrium where prevalence is a non-singular event, where nobody loses. Can you imagine the effect that would have on conflict scenarios, arms negotiations?

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:33 pm

well, yeah, if you want to make it all about you

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:36 pm

It’s a line from “A Beautiful Mind”, Xoot.
        I don’t even know WTF it means…

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:39 pm

I googled it. It concerns a game No one possibly can win, I think. Not our increasingly entertaining situation.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:50 pm

I’m hoping for a solid week of high drama, false confidence, dashed hopes, broken dreams and surprise endings…

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Yeah it is. The 20 tie possibility is really remote, but I think double digit ties are quite possible.
      Not too well thought out by me, but it still should be fun when the rumors really heat up…

32. alleykat69 said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:27 pm

Smith just had a Atlee Hammaker moment as his trade-value just took a hit!!

33. zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Smith started Gallo with a fastball. Bad idea.

34. Macdog said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Can’t be a Midsummer Classic without a Giants pitcher looking less than All-Star-ish.

35. djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Not watching. Did he blow a save?

• Macdog said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Gave up a bomb to Gallo on his first pitch.

36. alleykat69 said, on July 9, 2019 at 7:59 pm

As much as some Giants have gotten tattooed in A/S games, they have also had 5 MVP winners tied for the most all time..Mays (2) McCovey (1) Bobby Bonds (1) and Melky Caberá (1)

37. alleykat69 said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Actually I missed one they have 6
    Juan Marichal in 65 won it..

38. James said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Will Smith, a difference maker.

• Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:25 pm

you won’t be mocking him after he gets us that booty we crave

• sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:40 pm

A Difference Maker AND a Memory Maker!

• Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:44 pm

thanks for reminding me, Zumiee’s memory post was POTD worthy

39. zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:22 pm

Kershaw takes the loss. (Sad trombone.)

40. sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:45 pm

What if we weight these guys differently? Bum worth 3 points, Smith worth 2, and your Wild Card is worth 1?
    Ties could still happen but I think Simple Minds dude would agree chances of tie would be lowered.

• zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:47 pm

Beautiful mind, I think you meant, lulz.

• zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Or maybe that’s the joke. 🙂

• sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Beautiful Minds guy. (Though Simple Minds Guy would probably dig it too)

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:57 pm

The issue couldn’t be simpler. What if none of the picks occur?

• sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:59 pm

Then we all fly out to NYC to go to the Mets home opener with Loo next year.

41. Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:53 pm

epic names here.

42. Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:54 pm

Loo can do what he wants, it’s his contest but I think the idea of running the guys who tie through to a second round is appealing.

• sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:02 pm

What would the second round entail?
      Guessing wear Yaz, Slater and Dick get traded????
      No one is getting dealt other than the original 3.

43. Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 8:55 pm

“staring at the pool up above…” man that had me chuckling big time

• Flavor said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:01 pm

like, “good God, what have I done…”

44. willedav said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:10 pm

IF the Z is disappointed in the offers for Bum, which would not surprise me in the least since I think they waited too long in first place, then what? I’ve seen suggestions Giants offer Bum the QO, which he would likely turn down. However, if no one signs him, once draft occurs at that point all bets off, and he is regular FA like Kimbrel and Keuchel, right?
    Or does Z just take whatever is best offer out there and say goodbye to Bum once and for all?

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:30 pm

I think the writers who discount MadBum’s rental value are right. But Zaidi should take what he can get. Will Smith similarly. Neither will be as good next year as he is this year.

45. djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:36 pm

How about this?
    You have to get Bum right, period.
    Smith becomes the first tie breaker and the original tie breaker becomes the second tiebreaker if needed.
    If no one gets Bum right, then whoever gets Smith right is the winner and the original tiebreaker is used if needed.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:58 pm

This kind of combines the idea of “weighting” the guys, and with a decent chance of a tie on Bumgarner it would create sort of a second round on Smith. The exacta thing for the bonus prize would still be in play as well…

• sandog said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:05 pm

I like it, I like it. This contest is doing a helluva job carrying us thru the all star break.
        We need to come with some more issues with it tomorrow.

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:09 pm

I think it’ll work. Odds are Bum will either be traded to one of the teams selected or not be traded at all. Etc. for Smith and the third choices, if necessary. But if those nearly inevitable results don’t pan out, it’ll be a blast.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:26 pm

So let’s consider this update in effect as of now just in case something happens fast.
        Tomorrow, Flavor can repeal it if he sees fit or maybe we can improve on it.
        I think it’s not a bad way to go…

46. alleykat69 said, on July 9, 2019 at 9:51 pm

How about if I can guess the name of your 3 legged cat 🐈 I could be the winner??

47. zumiee said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:16 pm

I like the Talking Heads reference from BF. That does not go unnoticed.

48. xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:24 pm

RIP Rip Torn. (wtf? Did he plan that?) Cinn. Kid, Payday, The Man Who Fell to Earth, et al

• xoot said, on July 9, 2019 at 10:30 pm

“While filming Maidstone (1970), Torn struck director and star Norman Mailer in the head with a hammer.[26][27] With the camera rolling, Mailer bit Torn’s ear and they wrestled to the ground. The fight continued until it was broken up by cast and crew members.[26] The fight is featured in the film.”