Cubbies And For The Love of God Don’t Offer Bum a Contract!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 22, 2019

I’m cautiously optimistic tonight, the Cubs have one of the worst VMI numbers on the board for hitters so maybe Anderson shackles them a bit. I hope our guys got some sleep last night, they’ve been burning the adrenaline at both ends lately and we are facing an unknown guy tonight—this almost always ends badly. But maybe they just pitcher-duel it till we get to our bullpen and then wait for one of the young men to come to the plate and blast us to another walk off victory.

We’re at .500 again. Me and the housewives are nervously awaiting 1 game over .500 and what that will feel like…

Ok WillieD, let’s go. Where’s everyone stand on this?

Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 7.50.44 AM

1. willedav said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:00 am

I think you are right Giants run does give Z leverage. But suppose no one wows him with an offer, for either bum or Smith? What’s plan B?
    Kinda funny, but .500 gets Giants tied for 2nd place. Certainly more than I would have thought possible in the Kratz era.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:26 am

2nd place is kinda stupid when you’re 16 games out or whatever we are…..If we don’t get a proper offer (not a blow you away offer, just something fair) then I wouldn’t trade him. I’m not up for trading these guys just to trade them. And I do get the value to the franchise and the facebook housewives would be happy to watch them for the rest of the season.

• willedav said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:31 am

so what do you do, let he/smith walk? Offer a QO? It’s been tough for guys that go that route to get offers so they wind up sitting out til the draft, which sucks. I just wonder what Z is gonna do here if he’s disappointed in other teams sale pitch. I’d try and lock him up for a few years at for me reasonable rate.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:34 am

Yes, you probably need to offer him a QO but that would be very disrespectful to someone who’s done so much for us. Look, I am about trading him for something good but if the market isn’t there for that then just keep him. There is value to having him around the rest of the season.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:35 am

I think Smith is more likely to get traded then Bum right now. He’s got a lot of value, there are a lot of buyers out there for relievers and he’s more replaceable with who we have on staff now than Bum is.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:36 am

also trading Smith wouldn’t have near the repercussions with the fans that trading Bum would have.

2. djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:10 am

I’d start at at 4/90 and would go 5/125.
    He’ll get it somewhere if not from SF.
    Teams are happy if they get 3 good years out of a 5 year deal.
    Bum can pitch forever…

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:24 am

We used to say the same thing about The Horse Matt Cain

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:50 am

Bum is way smarter than Cain (a reputed dumbbell) and already knows how to compensate for things like decreased velocity. Once Matty’s stuff declined he could never adjust. And he got too skinny in his later years (as did Schmidt). Bumgarner’s filled out considerably in the past decade and is stronger than ever.
        He’ll be fine. Pay him!

3. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:36 am

I really think Bum wants to stay here his heart& soul is imbedded in the organization..
    What if Zaidi agrees to trade Bum before the July 31 deadline and Bum envokes his power to reject the deal?

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:41 am

he’s only got 8 teams he can say no to and the Twins aren’t on that list (which is why I picked the Twins)

4. snarkk said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:48 am

I’m all in for trading anyone possible that generates good prospects above single A. Anyone…

• unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:02 am

That’s insane. Got your check. Thanks.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:08 am

What’s insane about that lol? That how to build a strong foundation in your system

• snarkk said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:46 am

This team is playing well for the first time in 3 years, with a bunch of no name dudes and good vibes. Awesome. Feels good, sure. It’s not going to win the WSeries. It might take WCII. Might. Based on that, they’re supposed to not leverage assets to build up the organization for the next half decade of play? …

• unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Single A prospects? Really? They need at least a starter out of Smith. If not a strong AAA guy

5. djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:52 am

Yaz is 3 or 4 big games from the cover of SI…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:56 am

I’m lovin’ the Yaz thing…

• alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:12 am

Yaz is definitely the desperate housewives favorite player..

• alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:12 am

Yaz is definitely the desperate housewives favorite player..

6. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:55 am

Agree with most sentiments here: 1) a couple of the relievers should get some good prospects (maybe even very good), as most GMs will surely remember the G’s stellar ‘pen in the 3-in-5 years and figure “yeah, let’s grab one or two of them game-changers”… 2) trade Bum only for top-notch prospects, keep him if it ain’t there.. 3) agree with Tom that Z will probably also pull off something with other players we’re not even talking about. Gonna be an interesting 10 days…

7. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:09 am

Matt Cain&Tim Lincecum both 34 both out of baseball.
    Then you have Max Scherzer who is also 34, who signed a 7 year 210,000,000 at the age of 29 which now looks like a bargain with 2 Cy’s one 2nd and another Cy while pitching in Detroit.So not all pitchers bomb on long term contacts.(Bum fits in that category to me)
    Bum is same age 29 as Scherzer was then, but finishing off a ridiculous low balled contract, should he get a Scherzer type contract, probably not, but some team will give him 3/90 are 4/120 …

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:23 am

Here’s an idea: why not just continue to draft and develop these guys rather than hand over 100 million to a guy who is nearing the end of his career? It’s ok to let go of a guy a little earlier rather than hold on to them for too long. Come on Kat you watch Walsh do this for years and it was the right way to do business

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:37 am

Bum is nowhere near the end of his career, plus he’s had a lot of time off the past couple of years.
        He’s not frail like Timmy, or any of the other things that made Cain worthless for years…

8. Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:33 am

i wouldn’t be deadset against giving Bum 3/90 if the right conditions were in place. If we were there or almost there, sure, there would be value in having him lead the staff. But we are not there or almost there. We need to build the foundation, continue building it, actually, I like some of the young guys down below.
    And don’t forget, it hasn’t been the *Core* fueling this run. Belt has been terrible, Crawford had one amazing day, otherwise terrible, Panik worthless….it has been the Dicks and the Yaz’ and the Beede’s and the Pillar’s.

• snarkk said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:50 am

Sign Bum to a LT deal almost guarantees just when the team has the talent to go somewhere deep into playoffs, he’ll be getting regularly hammered like Cain was. Lotta mileage on that arm even though he was out a year. He started early in the bigs, like Cain…

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 10:07 am

exactly. 100% agree. If we were close I could see it but we aren’t.

9. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on July 22, 2019 at 10:03 am

Obviously no one knows what lies ahead for Bum. The great GMs tend to be good gamblers. Or good guessers. I tend to agree with Loo that Bum could very well still have 4 or 5 good years ahead of him and *could* actually ride an entirely new second wave of championships with Z’s rebuilt team. We’ll soon find out how Z will play it out…

10. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 10:06 am

Scherzer at 34 has pitched 500 more innings then Bum and he’s better then ever, so the miles on his arm shouldn’t be a issue, especially with 2 short years due to freak injuries not arm issues..

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 10:08 am

Scherzer is hurt right now, btw. It’s not major but come on that dude is a poster boy for a major injury coming.

11. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 10:13 am

Man, I don’t know. I’d love to keep Bummie at a reasonable price. Meaning 3 year deal.

At this point it would be crazy to let the contract ride, because if 5/150 gets thrown out by the Yanks/Twins/whoever this offseason, what does he do? Bummie has already proven he isn’t about the money, and living the way he does, his great great grandchildren are set for their lives, but would he take a hugely discounted deal to stay?

Hugely discounted meaning 3/100. THese deals I don’t really give a shit about the amount. It’s the time that is the ballbreaker.

Smith? If we could get a starting 2nd baseman, I’d do the deal in a second. Milwaukee is looking desperate for pen help. The Nats as well. We can simply bump Moronta up to closer.

12. gianthead said, on July 22, 2019 at 10:22 am

As I posted last week, I am hoping they dont do this but can a 4 year $80 mill keep all sides happy?

• alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 10:37 am

Low balled him once shame on him, Low ball him twice shame on the Giants!
      3/90 is the minimum it will take to move the needle.

• unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 11:32 am

No. Not even close. The only way he stays is if he wants to stay on a team-friendly deal. But that’s way too low.

13. gianthead said, on July 22, 2019 at 10:22 am

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 11:10 am

Not nearly good enough…

• unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 11:31 am

I’m going with 3/100. Give him a lot of money but shorter years.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 11:31 am

I’d give him 2 years/50 mil and not a penny more. And that’s only if we were close to getting back on top which we aren’t. Trade him.

• gianthead said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:14 pm

I do that deal in a heartbeat but not sure it gets it done…

• unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 11:35 am

If they go 7-1 and are a game out of the 2nd spot?

Funny thing is, playing for the now MIGHT lead to Farhan just cutting guys like Crawfish or Longo if Green pays decent enough. Even Smargle.

14. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 22, 2019 at 11:18 am

To me Smith is an injury waiting to happen and he has to be dealt but between him, Watson, Dyson, Gott and yes even Melancon the BP has been solid to lights out and moving any of them is white flag territory imo. The club just doesn’t have arms that will step in and fill those spots. I’m not including Moronta because I think they hold onto him and he’s the future closer.

Bumgarner? I don’t even know but the contract has to be more dollars and less years than what Cueto got.

How about Beede’s performance over the weekend? I’ve only seen the box score but he’s got his WHIP down to 1.10. Allie’s probably letting him sleep in the master bedroom again.

15. djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 11:28 am

Insane fact:

in 4 seasons, beginning at age 30 (1971-1974), Mickey Lolich pitched a total of 1,320 innings!

• alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 11:45 am

And MVP in the 68 World Series out dueling Bob Gibson in game 7! Pretty impressive stuff who was supposed to be second fiddle to Denny Mclain and his 31-6 unbelievable season, yet it was Lolich who made Denny just look a mere mortal in that series..

16. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 11:30 am

That’s 10 seasons nowadays.

17. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 11:55 am

Fun Fact: Mickey Lolich had 1 career HR, it just happened to be in gm2 of the 1968 World Series and NO Batting Helmet! The great Harry Carry was on the mic and he couldn’t believe it along with the Tigers in the dugout..

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on July 22, 2019 at 12:09 pm

I think I even remember Lolich tripping over the 1st base bag because he was still watching in astonishment as the ball carried out…

18. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:04 pm

Looking forward to this series against the Cubs who are 4 games ahead of the Giants in the win column. Anderson, Bugarner and Beede are lined up for this series. If they 2 out of 3 what say you, flappers?

19. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:06 pm

As long as they keep winning so does their MLB power ranking up 7 spots to number 14, who would of thought that back in May?

20. gianthead said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:09 pm

Magic Number 24!!!

When I started speculating during the all-star break about what it would take for Boch to get to 2000 wins, I thought there was a shot by the end of July to get the magic number down to 23…well that was a snap. In addition, thought they could get the magic number then down to 10 or so by Sept. 1. Feeling good about those numbers now. Also Boch now is 6 games over .500…take 2 of 4 from the Cubs and maybe the bat they can try and land is Puig. I dont think because of his rental status will take anything but 1-2 mid-tier prospects. Throw in a Suarez or Blach..

• gianthead said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:10 pm

Sorry 2 of 3 from the Cubbies…

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:22 pm

nobody on the planet, including Bochy and his family, worry as much as you do about this guy getting 2000 wins lqtm

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 2:58 pm

I would personally drive Suarez and Blach to Cincinnati for my man Puig…

21. pawliekokonuts said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:13 pm

I’ve been out because I was sick Friday, still recovering. I didn’t know a sober, not-hung-over person could throw up that hard and often.

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 2:35 pm

Food poisoning?

• pawliekokonuts said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:29 pm

who knows

22. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:14 pm

Have to say that I was skeptical of the Pillar acquisition but he’s grown on me. He may not fill out the sabernerd numbers but he brings the D – that catch and throw double play yesterday was aces. At 0.8 WAR even the facebook wives are getting excited. Plus the dude is pissed off for greatness and brings a moxie we haven’t seen since Juan Uribe.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:21 pm

nice. Some people are too stubborn to admit they enjoy his game and what he’s done for us.

23. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:14 pm

Giants optioned back Menez to Sac, no surprise,he will be back a good audition.And speaking of auditions I would like to see them bring up Sam Selman a LHP reliever who’s lighting it up at Sac with a 1.20 ERA. Good time to test him before the deadline if a trade of 1are2 of the relievers might get moved..

24. pawliekokonuts said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:17 pm

I don’t have the date of my post as I formulated my picks for Loo’s contest, but I don’t mind claiming I led the charge of Irrationally Ridiculous Optimism (IRO), suggesting the Giants might start winning and we should keep Bumgarner and Smith. I didn’t even believe my own optimism. Hardly more than a fantasy. Weeks ago. #BUYERS Keepfuckingwinning. Winning sorts everything out.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:24 pm

if we keep them it will probably have more to do with Z not finding the value we’d need to get to move them. He’s not going to move them just to make moves.

25. gianthead said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:32 pm

Have to ask analystic guys on Bum this year. He has pitched well for a couple starts but dont think many teams are going to bring out big prospects for him for 2 months. I dont think he is getting anywhere near $100 mill on the open market…ask Dallas Keuchel. I really would be surprised if he gets a 4 year $80 mill offer (our next contest???) from any non-Giant team. Could see teams offering that 2 year $50 mill deal Flav has on the table….even though I love the Bum and I suspected we would sign him ss a free agent, he is not the same pitcher he was before the motor bike accident.

We need to trade Smith asap before any further meltdown or injury….Brewers have that 2nd base prospect that is behind now their capable young guy at 2nd Hiura…NL player of the week…can I change my pick of Smith to Braves???

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:38 pm

With the exception of the Stl start when he took one off the arm Bumgarner’s recent performance is on par with anything he’s done prior to the motor bike injury and his ERA and WHIP are trending downward because of it. Teams will give up a lot for what he’s showing in the lead up to the deadline and Zaidi would be right to set a high floor on any trade.

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 2:53 pm

I think he might first now be fully healed from the bike accident and the broken finger…

26. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 22, 2019 at 1:34 pm

Gott checking in with 6 wins. One more and he’s tied with Samardzija for the staff lead. More proof that win/loss is meaningless.

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 2:42 pm

For relievers, I’d say it’s a pretty fluky stat but don’t the best SPs usually have impressive W-L records over the long haul?

27. Bozo said, on July 22, 2019 at 2:13 pm

In it 2 win it. i always feel you have to go for the playoffs whenever you have a shot.

The Team mix that we have right now, with Bum, gives us a shot at the playoffs so I say sign him. A couple of years down the road the dude could also become the Closer or Loogy for that matter.

T he Padres have what most consider the best farm system out there and they haven’t had a winning record since 2010.
    The Reds are considered to have one of the top ten Farm system and their last winning season was 2013 and I don’t think Mr Puig is gonna get them there this year.

The Dodgers have a highly rated Farm system and they’re a playoff team. That is exactly why the Giants brought Zaidi here. He wasn’t brought here to tear the team down and go complete rebuild mode, he was brought in to field a competitive team and bolster the Farm system as he goes. The dude has even said as much so I doubt he trades Bum unless it is for a MLB ready guy.

• zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 2:22 pm

Are you ready to say that you are no longer suspicious Zaidi is some kind of secret agent for the Dodgers? 🙂

• Bozo said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:01 pm

He is starting to prove me wrong. As a big fan of the Z-man, do you agree with what I said about him in my post?

• zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:30 pm

I mostly do. I would just add that every team is its own unique case. With the Giants’ remarkable surge Zaidi had to adjust plans. Plus the “Bochy’s last playoff push” is a growing narrative that was no factor before, but has to be factored in now, because of strong emotions about Bochy by the fan-base in general.

• pawliekokonuts said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:32 pm

great post

28. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 2:38 pm

3/100 makes up for Bummie’s last shitty deal, and keeps him here for a good amount of time, but not onerous.

I’m all for trading Smith, but we should get a starter out of it (2nd baseman?), not some mid-level AA guy. Same with Bummie.

The market for Bummie is unknown and given the recent collusion of the owners to stonewall players til the draft, I have to wonder if we are getting lowballed at this point.

The deals Farhan has made so far have been stellar (except for AJ) once he got past the holographic OF.

29. Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 2:58 pm

WilcoJoe, you sneak into the clubhouse and put this up?

• zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm

Are the Astros trying to torment the Rangers?

30. zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 2:59 pm

Adam Jones with his 0.2 WAR has a chance to catch Slater (0.4), but may have a harder time catching Pillar (0.8), Dick (1.0), and Yaz (1.1). 🙂

31. Bozo said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:11 pm

Interesting article here on our current farm system.

32. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:24 pm

Pomeraz wasn’t one of Z’s finest signing moment.Come on Zman if you can jettison Holland you can easily dump Pom-a Bomb 💣!!!
    It’s so obvious Boch doesn’t want to use him in any situation, he’s lost his starting job (thank God) he’s the last pitcher coming in unless it’s a blowout, and I don’t want to hear:”Well he’s a valuable long guy now”He’ SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS Massive POLE when he comes in, CUT BAIT 🎣and move on Z please God…

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:28 pm

come on, he gave him a 1.5 million dollar deal, that’s chump change. It didn’t work out.

33. djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:30 pm

1. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    2. Mike Yastrzemski (L) LF
    3. Pablo Sandoval (S) 3B
    4. Stephen Vogt (L) C
    5. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    6. Kevin Pillar (R) CF
    7. Austin Slater (R) RF
    8. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    9. Shaun Anderson (R) P

• zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:36 pm

Posey and Vogt are almost platooning now, and I’m fine with that.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:40 pm

Is the Dick hurt? Shouldn’t you go straight to the ER if that happens?

• Bozo said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:45 pm

Only if he’s been erect for more than 4 hours.

34. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:44 pm

If I had to carry the Giants as much as the Dick has I would have a sore back too..

35. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 3:56 pm

Hmmm 🤔
    Thinkin it would be difficult to have a full erect boner and wearing a cup for 4 hours…

36. Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 4:00 pm

a rare moment of clarity for Schulman who is usually way off base.

37. Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 4:11 pm

Flemm doing the espn game tonight, Boston vs TB

38. djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 4:35 pm

Both Austins are starting to get on my nerves.
    If the Giants somehow become true “buyers” at the deadline, my first call is to Cincy for Puig.
    Have I ever said that before?

• unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Fuck Puig. I’d take Adam Jones before him.

39. Macdog said, on July 22, 2019 at 4:49 pm

G-Head’s not the only one who cares about Bochy’s quest for 2,000 win, From Derek Holland’s Instrgram post:

“I hope to see Bochy get his 2000 win as he deserves it.”

40. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on July 22, 2019 at 5:35 pm

‘m guessing Z will make a move very soon, in fact any day now. The nearer this gets to the trade deadline, the more of a logjam there might be among teams trying to offload, thus bringing less value in return as it becomes a buyer’s market. At this point, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a) Bum stay, b) a couple of the good relievers go, and c) even one of the “core” moved somehow. Then again, we all waited for some big off season move that never really came….

41. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 5:57 pm

Astros are so good&scary just finding talent, they are the Marquee franchise in baseball at this imo..
    They now have this 22 year old kid Alondo Alvarez DH/LF in 115 big league AB’s (30 games)has hit 11 HR’s 34 RBI’s batting.333 and has tied Albert Puljios (sp) for the most RBI’s in history to start as career..

• alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 6:30 pm

My bad his name is Yordan Alvarez he’s 6’5 245lbs and he reminds me of McCovey and even wears his number 44..

42. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 6:17 pm

Never name your kid Homer especially a pitcher..
    Homer’s given up 4 Homers 9 run on 8 hits and everyone has been a rocket 🚀

43. zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 6:54 pm

Cubs pitcher is a rookie the Giants have never faced.
    We know how that goes.

44. zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 6:56 pm

The book on Belt: with two strikes throw high fastballs and try to get him on a called third strike.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:13 pm

i mean, that’s been his entire career, right? He can’t hit the high heat

• zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Yeah, that’s why he takes that pitch so often and hopes the ump calls a ball.

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:18 pm

The back foot slider used to really kill him.
        Still does at times…

45. zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:14 pm

So the Giants of course look unprepared against the rookie. No game plan. No evidence of looking at video. No nothing.

46. zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Pillar had a plan.

47. Macdog said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:38 pm

No wonder it seems like there’s more Cubs fans, Giants fans are playing video games instead of watching the game.

• zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Yeah, what was up with that? More things at the ballpark where the fans can ignore the game, like the garden/pub.

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Hernandez was gushing over how into the game the crowd was yesterday.
        I would think a Monday night crowd would be more hard core.
        I wonder if 3 awful years have weeded out the bandwagon crew…

48. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:47 pm

Oh boy. Can’t break the .500 ceiling.

49. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Hooo, nice comeback for Anderson.

50. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:53 pm

Those 2 homers Anderson gave up were just lazy meatballs.That 1st one is one of the farthest I’ve seen since Barry launching them out there..

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:14 pm

51. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Ad the usual can’t score from 2nd on a single. Mays used to score from first once in a while.

That’s how you drive ’em in!

52. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 7:57 pm

Damm Pillar 1st pitch DP ball killed that rally even if it got one in..

53. djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:12 pm

SI Cover Boy to be!

• Macdog said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:13 pm

I haven’t read SI in years.

• djloo27 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:16 pm

I haven’t read anything in years…

• alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Yeah Facebook housewives would dig that. Though they probably prefer him in Playgirl..

54. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:12 pm

Yazzzer!!

55. zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Nice swing from Yaz.

56. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:19 pm

Great just when we have a chance to get back in the game,they have Pomeranz coming in next🤮🤮🤮🤮

57. zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:23 pm

PH-ing for Pablo was an option there. Pablo is pretty lame batting right-handed.

58. zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:24 pm

Bochy owes Pablo nothing there. Pablo is fortunate to have a job in the big leagues.

59. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:24 pm

1st and 3rd one out?. Catching up here.

60. willedav said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:48 pm

2 dominant innings from Pom there. Fastball at 96 plus killer curve nicely done.

61. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:53 pm

Belt needs to come through dammit

62. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:56 pm

daMN

63. zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 8:59 pm

That’s gotta be a high priority for Zaidi: upgrading the hitting of first base.

64. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:09 pm

That’s some shaky baseball there.Have to look over at Bryant and keep him close especially with Vogt not known to throw out runners and they got burned on a hanging pitch..

65. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:14 pm

Panda..Shades of Gates Brown, just needed a couple of hotdogs stuffed in his jersey..

66. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:17 pm

Scoring on a single! Never thought I’d see it today.

67. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Nice job Craw way to find a hole for the rib..

68. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Yeah, Belt is fading badly. Go Slater ! ! !

69. Macdog said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Tie it up!

70. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:22 pm

SLATER!!!

71. Macdog said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Panik time!

72. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Damn!! Yeah baby!!!! Panik with 3 hits,

• willedav said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:24 pm

yeah unlikely heroes tonite. Can’t believe Maddon left Strop in there.

73. zumiee said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Cubs bullpen isn’t awesome.

74. alleykat69 said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Yeah baby No Panik in this attack!!!
    Take the lead!!!

75. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:25 pm

No Smith? Did I miss something.

• Macdog said, on July 22, 2019 at 9:26 pm

I guess ’cause he’s pitched in 3 of last 4 games.