Easy Win

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 13, 2019

Brett Anderson is imminently rake-able. I don’t understand how his ERA is under 4.00 or how he has a winning record. With Bum toeing the rubber (one of my favorite baseball sayings) it feels like Game 1 of the Bay Bridge Series is ours for the taking.

4-6 in our last 10. This has to get turned around quickly if we want meaningful games in September.

1. zumiee said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:48 am

I dig the confidence, but…..Anderson is also the kind of junkballing lefthander that’s given the Giants trouble for about 50 years.

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:45 pm

… as Stu Miller did for us

2. willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:03 am

all these games are meaningful for young guys. wonder what LU will look like without Belt at leadoff…if he and Craw are in there at all tonight, they have to bat 7/8. I’d stick the OF (slater Yaz Pillar) at 1-3, Gennett Longo Posey/Vogt (I guess it’s Posey with Bum going). Maybe Solano gets a start at SS.

A’s have10 different guys with 10 bombs or more, 3 with more than 20 already. They’ve hit 180 some, and their pitching is in top third of league too. Still think that’s their Achilles heel though and will doom them even if they can squeeze their way into WC. They are starting Bailey tmw, in a day game…hmmnn. Too bad Dick is in Sac.

3. willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:09 am

Yaz is my fav OF. He has .500 slugging and power to all fields. He can hit the ball out of the yard down the line at the O in LF and in RF. He has 12 bombs already, 3 less than Pillar in 200 fewer ABs and plays a nice OF in either corner. Little funky on basepaths, not making good decisions/aware of skill level he’s going against.

• Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:18 am

The power to all fields is the most surprising thing. How does a guy with that tool get passed over for so many years?

• willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:32 am

at the youtube game announcers wondered the exact same thing and also if there were more guys out there bouncing around minors like him.

4. willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:28 am

The A’s even though I can’t stand them are certainly well built for today’s game. They have only 3 regulars at 30 over, and have 4 guys in LU every day at .800 OPS/.500 slugging. And this despite powerful Khris Davis, who might not play much in NL park, struggling.

The SS Semien is improving every year, and Chapman at 3b is fantastic defender with power. The kid CF Laureano is exciting player and also has lot of power. They traded away R Healy, a guy who had hit 25 bombs for them and don’t even miss him.

In Anderson they always seem to find a journeyman SP that does well enough for them, like Edwin Jackson did last year. And their pen while not as good as last year is still very effective and deep enough to cover up for 4-5 inning SPs. They occasionally do use openers and I’m wondering if SF would be more into that.

5. snarkk said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:44 am

A‘s always play SF tough. Giants have to win tonight, tomorrow w Beede toeing the rubber should be an S show while he’s in there…

6. gianthead said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:12 am

We need a win so Blade and I can bring a sweep tomorrow…landed SFO 11 pm and sat on the frickin runway for an hour…such bull…

7. gianthead said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:18 am

Against a left tonight…isnt it Rickard in there starting in left and leading off…Slater in right?

8. chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:50 am

What is shaking Flap U? It has been a while. I think about this place and you all regularly, and I hope to mix it up with all ya’all on a more regular basis. Hope everyone is well!

I just read the latest letter I received from Stix. He apparently has news sources, as he was giving me his spin on the latest moves by Los Gigantes. Dude is plugged-in.

About a month ago I got a call (usually I do not take calls from numbers that I do not recognize), and damned near fell outta my chair when it was Stix on the other end. I’ll tell ya what, for a dude who is like 117 years old, his mind is sharp as a tack. Prison life has not been friendly to him physically. He has battled diabetes and has vision problems in one of his eyes, but again, his mind is amazingly sharp.

We had a real nice chat. He is up for a hearing on the 20th, and is hoping that the assault charges are dropped (guess there was some serious potential for double-jeopardy between fed and local charges). He thinks that he has about 279 days left, at which point he would be released to home confinement with his sister and bro-in-law.

Anyway, as I am sure with the crew here, I am really enjoying this run that started in July. Hope they can sustain. it. When the majority of the trades went down, I felt the team had enough bullpen depth to keep the train on the tracks. Not entirely sure of that, now, but am cautiously optimistic given the series win over the Phils.

Over the next two weeks we play the snakes six times, and cubbies three. Team has got to make hay in those series to sustain any chance of making the post-season dance, IMO.

• Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 10:21 am

Great info man.

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 10:29 am

Yeah, I know many questioned the sanity of his actions (me included) but he was a good Flapper for a pretty long period of time (actually, two different periods of time…he checked-out for a long while and reappeared), and he was always well informed, and contributed to some really good baseball banter, IMO.

Flav, I know I have said this a thousand times, so WTF let’s make it a thousand and ONE. I am so appreciative of you keeping this site up over the years. I am also extremely grateful for the connections I have made here, not only in cyberspace, but in person with a number of you. This place if family, man, and I just really appreciate all you do to keep it all alive.

• Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 10:52 am

Absolutely. Hoping to keep it going long enough to have a Stix sighting here once again

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 11:48 am

Absolutely. That would be bad ass to have him in the mix, again! 👊

• gianthead said, on August 13, 2019 at 2:39 pm

Chi…meet Blade and I at the New Stick…

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 3:17 pm

GH – “New Stick?”

• sfsarge said, on August 13, 2019 at 5:23 pm

Hey Chi. Great to see you on my man.

9. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 13, 2019 at 10:12 am

* Chi, good to see you here! Been seein’ some of your stuff on FB. Interesting report on good ol’ Stix…

* About a month ago, Giants had 6 teams ahead of them for 2nd WC spot, then narrowed it to about 3. Now back up to 6 again. I doubt they’ll make it, but at least they’re keeping it interesting while trying out new players.

* MLB has a story that says this Dodger team is the best since they moved to LA. Seems like they do a story like that every year. Didn’t Sports Illustrated have a cover story on them last year, calling them the best team ever? We’ve become numb watching them win the division year after year, but numbness turns to glee watching them fail in October. This year really is their best chance.

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 10:26 am

Thanks, Paul. I agree with you re: our boys’ prospect of punching their ticket. But as you mention, they are trying out some talent, and also, they are playing somewhat meaningful games that are entertaining. I would never have dreamed this early in the season.

• gianthead said, on August 13, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Where is their championship pitching??? Will sputter again…

10. unca_chuck said, on August 13, 2019 at 10:35 am

Compared to the dreck they were been sme trotting out early in the year, this team is phenomenal. It’ll be great if they REALLY start limiting the vets going forward. I fear they may wait till September call-ups to really pursue that route though.

I’ve been semi-out of pocket these last few days. Santa Barbara . . . Have they called up Crash Davis yet?

11. unca_chuck said, on August 13, 2019 at 10:36 am

Good to have you back, Chuck!

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 11:50 am

Good to be back, brother! Hope all is well for you and yours, Charlie! 👊

• willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 12:19 pm

yeah great news Chi good to see you back and posting!

12. alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 12:30 pm

Yes great to have you back posting Chi!
    And thanks for being the man on Stix’s updates and it would be awesome 👏 if he would be able to post in the future!!

13. willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 1:32 pm

As Blade said the other day who else would be pitching? If all the best value pitchers had been dealt, neither bum nor smith nor Watson or likely Moronta would still be with Giants. this would have ended any run 2019 and likely next couple as well IMO.
    I still think Bum has value for the team going forward and Smith too for that matter. Regardless of outcome this year I hope they can be part of Giants pitching staff, with dual ability to perform with quality and be role models/mentors for the upcoming, next year and beyond. Pitching and holding down other teams, especially if home dimensions are altered, will still be paramount to Giants success, again IMO.

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Agree WillieD. If the length of the contracts are good, and they do not overpay, I would love to see both back next year.

14. chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 2:20 pm

Beat the Fucking A’s….

1. Donovan Solano (R) 2B
    2. Joey Rickard (R) LF
    3. Buster Posey (R) C
    4. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    5. Kevin Pillar (R) CF
    6. Austin Slater (R) RF
    7. Aramis Garcia (R) 1B
    8. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    9. Madison Bumgarner (R) P

• gianthead said, on August 13, 2019 at 2:42 pm

Aramis Garcia??? When did he get called up?

• alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Just today, replaced Connor Menez in the revolving Z bus ride to Sac!
        This seems totally dumb to me, the Giants have Mike Gerber OF hitting.088…123 lifetime and he’s on the freakin 40 man roster! And yet a stud raking the ball Jaylin Davis OF is not on the 40!!!

15. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 13, 2019 at 2:50 pm

I’m just glad the Pizza Wars of 2019 were put to rest so quickly because Round Table is way better than Mountain Mikes.

• alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 3:10 pm

No question Round Table Pizza 🍕 is far superior pizza then Mountain Mikes ..

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 3:24 pm

Damn. I missed the Pizza Wars! This one-off family run joint in Cameron Park beats ’em all, IMO.

And on Wednesday military and first responders get a free small pie or entree.

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 4:06 pm

Any specials for draft dodgers and gutless pussies?

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Yo Loo! LMAO…probably not, brother.

16. djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Great to see you back here, Chi and that Stix update was very encouraging…

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:26 pm

Good to be back and great to see you, Loo. Who knows, we may have Stix posting here again, sooner rather than later. I need to do another NY trip so we can hang.

17. Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 4:36 pm

MM > RT #4lyfe. It’ half the price and tastes twice as good. Who doesn’t like that ratio?

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 13, 2019 at 5:00 pm

4lyfe. lulz. Keep it real yo. #MMstillsucks

18. Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 4:38 pm

Logan Webb might be an interesting call up. He got hit with an 80 game suspension earlier in the year so you know his arm is fresh. He’s supposed to have great stuff, might be rushing him but I’d rather see a fresh armed youngster than these tired arms they’ve been trotting out there.

• alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 4:51 pm

He’s on the 40 man atleast, so no roster move needed, just whoever they send the Z bus 🚌 for,so why not?Then again he’s only 22 and Boch doesn’t want to lower the age count that much..

19. alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 4:44 pm

When Mt Mikes has the buy 1 large pizza and get a 2nd for free and you can choose any other one from the menu then I don’t care too much about the taste! Quantity over Quality wins outs, plus the savings..

20. djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Looks like about 10,000 made their way to the park in Atlanta to see the Braves with that sharp looking 3D “A” on the shiny batting helmet jump on Wheeler early. The Giants must make that helmet change next year. I would also like to see a return to the mid 70’s uniform…

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:29 pm

What year is your Marichal Jersey you were wearing when I saw you back in 2016? Yeah, I would be down with that change.

21. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 13, 2019 at 5:03 pm

Garlex Pizza in the Condord/Danville area used to be pretty good. Mostly because they delivered pizza AND bbq ribs.

• Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 5:13 pm

I prefer Amichi’s over all of them. But it’s expensive and kinda out of the way. I’m sure our east coast contingent is laughing at us considering they live in the heart of pizza royalty.

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 5:27 pm

I don’t get all smug about pizza.
        When SanDawg was here last summer he fell in love with some 99 cent joint…

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:31 pm

One of the best slices I had when I was back there was off a street cart. One guy baked the pies in a little hole in the wall, and the other guy peddled them via the cart.

22. sfsarge said, on August 13, 2019 at 5:28 pm

Hey all. I’ll be representing FU at the yard tonight. First game I’ve been to in months. I’ve basically wasted my money on the ballpark pass this season. Oh well. Wish Blade and G head we’re here for the festivities this evening, would’ve been great to link up with you guys.

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Go get ’em, Sarge!

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Whoop! Hey Sarge. I was just thinking about you the mother day, brother. How ya been? Go get is a win!

23. djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 5:32 pm

This was pretty big news here not too long ago…

24. djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 5:53 pm

Fun fact:

Twin brothers Jose & Ozzie Canseco combined for 462 ML homers.
    The “O” in Ozzie is also the number he contributed…

• alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:02 pm

That’s hilarious Loo!
      Hey does Jose get a partial HR when it goes off his noggin and over the fence?

• zumiee said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:09 pm

Jose believes he was boycotted by MLB teams because they didn’t want him to get to 500 HRs. There’s probably truth to that. Bonds was certainly boycotted. He could easily have helped an AL team as a DH. I guess some teams weren’t all that committed to getting to the playoffs. The White Sox passed on him, and missed the playoffs. Bonds would have looked stellar in that White Sox home uni.

• zumiee said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:12 pm

Bonds had a .480 (!) on-base % in his final season, and Canseco had a .366 OBP his final season.

25. alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Matt Williams just doesn’t look right in green&gold!
    He’s always going to be a Giant..

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:28 pm

Maybe they should retire his number.
      He’ll never make the Duffey!

• Macdog said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:28 pm

Any chance he gets his number retired, too?

• zumiee said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:33 pm

I wouldn’t think so. The problem is his career didn’t seem to leave a big imprint on Giants’ fans imaginations. He had some real good seasons, but nothing that leaves a big memory.

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:52 pm

He lacked charisma, but man he could play (shortstop, too)…

26. Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:29 pm

Loo, did that little angry bagel man get any run in the NY news cycle a few weeks ago or was that just national stuff?

• sfsarge said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:32 pm

😂😂😂 little angry bagel man. That’s exacehat he was.

• sfsarge said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:33 pm

* exactly. Autocorrect sucks

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:38 pm

Sometimes it’s heplful…

• alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:50 pm

Not when you use the Duffey auto correct..

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:59 pm

The HOF should never be called anything but “The Duffey” on here…

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:33 pm

They were talking about him this morning on Boomer’s radio show.
      Something about a possible fight between him and Lenny Dykstra…

27. djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:36 pm

When I see some of the weapons these other teams have, the Giants just look so impotent…

• Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:45 pm

it’s super irritating. That’s why we need to figure out how to develop them as quickly as possible. Fuck signing free agents, that’s not how it’s done anymore.

28. sfsarge said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:45 pm

I might get some screen time tonight. I’m sitting behind the visitor’s on deck circle.

29. sfsarge said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:48 pm

First time seeing him this close, Bum is massive.

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:51 pm

He was a pretty skinny kid when he came up…

• alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 6:51 pm

Wait till you see Moronta..

30. djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Panik batting, 2 outs, 2 on, down 2 runs…

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:26 pm

And he grounds out..

• alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Scooter 🛴 goes yard 🤣 in that situation..

31. sfsarge said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Bum killed that foul ball

32. alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Bum’s been on everything lately..

33. zumiee said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:39 pm

The Dodgers/Marlins series is an epic mismatch. The Dodgers are starting to look like they could make a run at most wins in a regular season. 116, I think. Many consider the 2000 (or whatever) Yanks to have had the best season sever. The Mariners with the 116 didn’t even make it to the World Series. The Yankees won 114 and won the World Series. The Dodgers would have to lose only 7 more games the entire season to get to 114. Man, that sounds pretty danged hard, until you see how they are pummeling so many teams this season.

• zumiee said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Of course, there are teams in the pre-162 game seasons who had some epic seasons. The ’27 Yankees, for one.

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:43 pm

’54 Indians…I didn’t think the Dodgers could lose last year.
        I feel the same way again.
        The Roooster will be crowing this year…

34. djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Melon saves one for Braves.
    It’s still such a joy to see him in another uniform…

35. sandog said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:42 pm

I’ve never had Mountain Mike’s.
    I think Woodstock’s is pretty damn good.
    Yeah, I dug the .99 pizza in NYC.
    Great to see Chi on here and Sarge at the game!
    Bum is dealing!
    Might they actually sign him in the off-season???

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:58 pm

Hey Dog. Good to see you. We need to make another trek to NYC.

36. sandog said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:43 pm

Hey Loo—you ever cross paths with that handball king dude in Coney Island?

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Not that I know of, Dog…

37. Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:48 pm

another day, another 3 homer game. Tonight it’s Kyle Seager for the Mariners.

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:04 pm

I think I remember the last Giant to hit 3 in a regular season game…

38. snarkk said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:54 pm

I’m not a big fan of deep dish pizza.
    One slice, and my gut feels like I swallowed a wet rag…

• Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 7:58 pm

agreed. I’m 100% thin crust. Or whatever deep dish isn’t.

• sandog said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:03 pm

I don’t like deep dish, but I run hot and cold on thin crust. I kinda like a standard California-style medium crust.

Sarge—you got someone in like a purple/maroon shirt sitting next to you?

• sfsarge said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Yeah I think so. A guy in a Stanford sweatshirt on one side and a white checkered dress shirt on the other

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:00 pm

I am mainly a thin crust fan, but there is a place (a dive really) in Sacramento named Zeldas. Been there since I got to this area in ‘77. They have an amazing deep dish pizza. Every year or so I have to go get some.

39. djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:06 pm

I like pizza at room temperature…

• sandog said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Me too. Every now and then we do luncheons at school and the nearest pizza is like 7 miles away (We’re out in the middle of nowhere). By the time that pie arrives and gets served, its room temp and its outstanding.
      From a local joint called Cafe B.

40. Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:11 pm

Brett Anderson. Goddamn, Zumiee called this.

• sandog said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:15 pm

The dude can pitch. I miss guys like this in this radar gun obsessed era. Fred Norman, Mark Buehrle, Tom Browning, Mike Caldwell—-used to be a bunch of guys like this.

41. alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:12 pm

I like pizza for breakfast…

42. Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:16 pm

lololol

43. sandog said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:18 pm

If I get a pizza in the evening and don’t finish it, I’ll just leave that son of a bitch out on the counter and start back up on it again around lunch the next day. Refrigerating it will only fuck it up. I’ve got an iron stomach—so it’s all good.

• willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:19 pm

yes. I have a really small fridge so it won’t fit anyway. Just finish it off next day.

44. Macdog said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:18 pm

Yeah, 2-out hittin’!

45. willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:18 pm

finally! wow what happened on Pillar ball? 2-1 Giants

46. Flavor said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:19 pm

this is the best thing I saw today.

• alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:22 pm

That’s an idiot! Wonder if it might have been a driver training car!Complete fail getting your DL..

• snarkk said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:03 pm

Tesla auto drive?…

47. alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:19 pm

Alright Longo&Posey &Pillar 3 straight doubles from the old farts!

48. willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:24 pm

Loo interesting about the Canseco bros. wonder how many HRs Tommie Aaron hit?

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:25 pm

Without looking, I’ll guess 11…

• sandog said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Very close—13. Died of Leukemia in 1984.

49. willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Just because teams have more bomb throwers does NOT mean you can’t beat them, as witness tonite.
    would I like to have F Tatis Jr. at SS? Hunter Renfroe in LF? Machado at 3b? The Padres traded Franmil Reyes to the Indians at the deadline and he just hit his 29th bomb tonite.
    And the Padres are 55-62 this year.

50. blade3colorado said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:33 pm

Just saw Del on his FB live feed. Great seats! Envious (in a good way).

• sfsarge said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:55 pm

Steve, you’re the only flapper that follows me on Facebook

• blade3colorado said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:01 pm

Only a few of these guys are even on FB. Personally, I have really cut back on social media. Rarely go on Twitter and have never activated my instagram account. I can’t even tell you what instagram is. lqtm

• snarkk said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:05 pm

I don’t twitter, I don’t FB. I will look at somebody’s twitter and links for info, but I don’t have it myself, and don’t respond there; same thing for FB…

51. sandog said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Tommie Aaron was the 1967 International League MVP.
    Preceded by Mike Epstein. Succeeded by Merv Rettenmund.

The internet is such a beautiful thing…..

The 1989 International League MVP had 800+ AB’s with the Giants in the early 80’s. Infielder.
    Any guesses???

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:49 pm

Tom O’Malley!

• sandog said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Yessir.
        And Bam Bam won it the next year!

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:59 pm

I had high hopes for O’Malley. Seemed like a nice kid. Signed my scorecard at Shea in ’83.
        I was older than him…

52. willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:49 pm

that’s the role model stuff I’m talking about. Bum shuts down the power hitting A’s and gets bunt down to advance runner that scores on the sac fly.

53. sfsarge said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:54 pm

You guys weren’t lying about Moronta good lord. He’s Pablo’s stunt double.

54. Macdog said, on August 13, 2019 at 8:57 pm

My guess is Moronta likes Mountain Mike’s and Round Table.

• blade3colorado said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:05 pm

LOL

55. snarkk said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:00 pm

Treinen is a poster boy for not paying too much and too long for a closer.
    He was nails last year, darn near unhittable sometimes.
    Now, this year, kind of phtttttttttt…

• Macdog said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:02 pm

Edwin Diaz, too.

56. alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:02 pm

Why do they call it “Triples Alley”when are old team only have “Doubles Alley”speed?

• djloo27 said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:04 pm

Why do they still call Willie the “Say Hey Kid” at age 88?

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:09 pm

I mean, he still talks and everything

57. unca_chuck said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:03 pm

Mountain Mike’s puts cheddar cheese on their pizzas. An abomination. Dont’ like floppy NY style or deep-dish Chicago style. Thin, crisp, but not burnt, crust ius the way to go.

Just got back from Santa Barbie. Not fond of that drive.

Good to see the oldsters contribute once in a while.

58. pawliekokonuts said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Great shit here. Welcome back, Chi-Chuck-You-Name-It. Love Magnus’s 7:19p. Hate deep dish. Thinner the better. Best pizza? For me, the inimitable hot oil at The Colony Bar & Grill, oldest restaurant in Stamford, CT, birthplace of Chico Vejar. (Jump on that, Loo. My dad grew up on Avery Street, now also called Chico Vejar Way, I discovered when I went there in June, when we interred my mom’s ashes. I also bought a pie [never say pizza pie, and never eat with a knife and fork like DiBlasio stupidly did].) I like at room temp, also. Don’t dry out the grease by overheating it. You’d be hard-pressed to find a BAD slice in the Tri-State area. Syracuse is a pizza wasteland — not by T.S. Eliot or Ezra Pound. Going to the Syracuse Mets tomorrow. Look for a Gregor Blanco report, if he’s even on the team. Tebow is out. Injured. He was terrible. A PR stunt. Public relations, not Puerto Rico.

• chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Hey Mr. Kokonuts. Good to see ya here.

• snarkk said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Welcome back, Chi.
        Good to hear from you…

59. pawliekokonuts said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:09 pm

Wasn’t O’Malley’s debut game something spectacular, MCovey-ish?

60. Macdog said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:09 pm

Kat mentioned the HR off Canseco’s head earlier. Seager’s 3rd HR was sorta like that.

61. willedav said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:11 pm

gotta admit though, with all their power A’s never out of a game. one bomb after the bloop hit and they can tie it up.

62. unca_chuck said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Don;t throw that again, Will. And yes, great to hear the Giants are retiring 22. Finally.

63. unca_chuck said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:13 pm

Smith is not looking near as good as he did before the break.

• snarkk said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:16 pm

The human arm gets tired…

64. snarkk said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:20 pm

Smith is wobbly, holy moly…

65. chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:20 pm

Holy shit….dodged a fucking bullet there….

66. unca_chuck said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Wow. Thought that was a bomb.

67. chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:22 pm

2010 redux…

68. unca_chuck said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Pull his ass.

69. snarkk said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Come on, double play ball…

70. blade3colorado said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Kruk blind saying that was foul by 2 feet.

71. snarkk said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Wow, tough sledding here for Smith…

72. alleykat69 said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:25 pm

Huge out! Olson’s no automatic out like Belt!

73. chipower9 said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:26 pm

Beautiful curve….

74. snarkk said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:27 pm

If Smith had a changeup, this guy would screw himself into the ground…

75. blade3colorado said, on August 13, 2019 at 9:28 pm