*Yikes* Game To Kick Off The Roadie

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 20, 2019

Warmish day in Chicago, wind blowing out a little, humidity is HIGH (and remember, that’s bad for pitchers, the ball travels farther in higher humidity contrary to logic)…..I’m guessing Black Shoes is done-for tonight. Cubs hitters, and the Cubs in general, have hardly played to their vaunted pre-season prediction. But they should still smash today.

I’ll set the o/u for bombs tonight (both teams combined) at 4.5. Thoughts?

1. zumiee said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:10 am

Biggest game of Beede’s career so far for a variety of reasons. I hope he can rise up and surprise us. The Giants will probably have to out-slug the Cubs tonight. The Dick needs a strong comeback game.

2. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:20 am

For the year, the Cubs have been pretty underwhelming. Kinda like the red Sox. So while they have much better hitters it’s wouldn’t be a complete shock of they laid an egg vs Beede. Of course I don’t think that’s going to happen I think he gets smashed.

• Macdog said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:55 am

Except Cubs are hardly underwhelming at home: 41-19, 4th-best home record in MLB behind only mighty Yanks, Astros and Dodgers.

3. mrsprtdude said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:46 am

63-62. 37 games left. Guessing 37-0 is out so 27-10 is 90 wins. 25-12 is 88. Right now Wash is on pace for 89. St Louis / Chicago on pace for 87. Sure a lot has to go right, but if we have any chance of making the WC game it starts with 2/3 from Chicago. I’ve been watching Beede all year. Talked early on about how developing the only guy we have at his stage, his level, that OTHER teams thought highly of, is a must. he is a bonafide 1st round pick. A stud in college. Picked above Walker Buehler.
    So far he is a talented head case he “looses focus”. I say fuck that!

He is a major leaguer. Living a dream life with a chance to be a very very good pitcher. A few good years from literally 100’s of millions of dollars in income. I’m up at 5:30 am again to go to work. 30 + years in to my work life I can focus for 10 seconds 100 times in one day. He can too. Time for him to focus on pulling his head out of his ass and getting better. NOW

• alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:56 am

Awesome Post! And I agree, the Giants have given Beede more reprieves then a dead man walking,so for me,this is his last stand atleast for this year, pitch well another reprieve get bombed your gone!!
      With Webb showing how to pitch without getting rattled something Beede can’t, he can’t be counted on down the stretch … Rotation soon Bum,Shark,Webb,Cueto,Rodriguez

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:20 am

IF the Giants win EVERY series (split the two two-game series with A’s and Dbacks) that equates to 26 wins. Sure they could do it, but with this series and the Cards being the only series against the teams we are chasing, they not only have to win at the above mentioned clip, but they will need some help, too.

I think it an extreme long-shot that they make the dance, but hope like hell they surprise me.

Good synopsis on Beede. I think we all agree he has the talent and make-up to be a solid ML pitcher, but he does have to get through the tough spells (walking or giving up a hit to the opposing pitcher, or giving up a bomb, etc.), and pitch through it. Time will tell. I am pulling for the kid big time.

4. chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:23 am

As Mac mention the cubbies are great at home. Flip-side is Hamels has been less than stellar of late. He did have a good start when he returned from the IL (oblique), but the last two starts he has allowed 12 ER over just five innings of work. Giants will have to mash to win today.

RE: Flav’s O/U, I am going over. Six or more bombs tonight.

5. alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:31 am

So I have confirmed that with Bergen’s release the Giants do only have a 39 man roster right now.So I’m also figuring 🤔that their saving that spot for Cueto in case they feel their still in it to win it.
    My question is Jaylin “Babe Ruth” Davis?
    He’s not even on the 40 man roster, so until that atleast happens I believe he’s not even eligible for a Sept1 call up am I right?

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:13 am

I did see that late last night, Kat (I thought the 40 was loaded). To be eligible for post-season, he must be on the 40 roster.

google is a wonderful thing:

“Any player who is on the 40-man roster or 60-day injured list as of 11:59 p.m. ET on Aug. 31 is eligible for the postseason.”

6. willedav said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:31 am

Hoping Beede can give SF solid 5 ish and then rest of it will be up to whomever follows him–Gott Moronta yada yada. Seems like that might be bigger issue than Black Shoes.

7. cubsorchestra said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:42 am

Cubs fans will be singing their hearts out at Wrigley after the last out after we crush the Gyrants today and the tune we’ll be singing is “Old and in the Way” in honor of SF’s vets.

• Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:53 am

Fans sitting around singing after a win is the dumbest, girliest fucking thing I’ve ever seen. Have at it, tho.

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:14 am

Hey, WTF happened to the “Troll Net?” LMAO…

Sing away with your orchestra cubbie fan, but don’t hurt yourself.

Nice reference to “Old and In the Way,” though. Love that record!

• gianthead said, on August 20, 2019 at 12:35 pm

Very gay and we mean gay gay not gay gay..

8. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:37 am

Beede’s going to get pounded like Alyssa Milano.

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 10:00 am

Then we can only hope that Cole Hamels is pounded like Tracy Lords…

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 20, 2019 at 10:32 am

lulz

9. alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:48 am

Speaking of Jagger from the other day,one of his perks on traveling is he insists at every hotel he stays in is they put in a brand new mattress fully wrapped in plastic have someone sleep on the night before with the plastic on to break it in before he arrives! Ahh the life of a rock star.Clever though, no chance of bed bug 🐜 bites,and other gnarly scenarios..

10. alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 10:19 am

Grant Bisbee Lol on 2014 MLB Draft
    #14 draft pick Tyler Beede RHP SF Giants
    Love the build and the arm, he’s rough and has trouble repeating his delivery,but he’s in a organization with a track record of success.
    Great Value here.
    Best case scenario:Roger Clemens
    Middle Case scenario:Justin Verlander
    Worst case scenario:Zach Grienke
    Grade A+…Bisbee wtf were you smoking that day! I would love to have the worse case scenario even, but that’s not going to happen either..

• Macdog said, on August 20, 2019 at 11:13 am

I’d take Zack Wheeler as a worst-case scenario for Beede.

11. chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 10:48 am

On a positive note:

Giants hitters vs. Hamels:

Belt: .667
    Posey: .462
    Pillar: .333

But, on the flip-side:
    Beede in his last five starts is 0-4 with a 8.49 ERA.

As I mentioned earlier, Hamels in his last two starts went a total of five innings giving up 17 hits and 13 runs.

And what does it all mean? Means the ball will probably be flying like a motherfucker!

• Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 11:27 am

Hamels has been much better at home this year than on the road.

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 12:20 pm

As have the cubbies…

12. snarkk said, on August 20, 2019 at 10:54 am

All of us armchair psychologists, me included, have Beede pegged as mentally weak. Sportstalk says so, too. We don’t really know, it just looks that way. Not everybody develops mental toughness early like Bum. Beede’s mental toughness may take a while developing, longer than his physical pitches. Maybe it never develops to the point where he becomes really successful. If he doesn’t get it together his next couple of starts, maybe they just have to keep him back down at AAA next year, and pitch more games, deal with more adversity in game situations, and/or get him a sports psychologist. His stuff is worth some patience. The lightbulb may go off at some point. They can’t keep him up indefinitely at the MLB level if he keeps getting hammered at the first sign of adversity, that’s for sure…

13. snarkk said, on August 20, 2019 at 10:57 am

I’d go over on the HR o/u. Hot and wind blowing out sounds like a 9-7 game. Like I said before, I’ll be shocked if Beede lasts more than 3 frames…

14. unca_chuck said, on August 20, 2019 at 11:42 am

Wind blowing out? 6 bombas.

15. zumiee said, on August 20, 2019 at 11:58 am

The mental aspect of pitching is such a big part of it. Earlier this season in a game vs. the Dodgers, D-Rod threw a pitch that was clearly strike 3 to Bellinger according to the electronic box, and the ump called ball. On the next pitch, Bellinger hit a 3-run HR, and totally changed that game. Now, my first inclination is to be really miffed at the ump, and rightfully so; but it still doesn’t excuse D-Rod from giving up the HR. You have to battle through adversity. It was tough not getting the strike 3 call, but he has to suck it up, and make another good pitch.

• gianthead said, on August 20, 2019 at 12:43 pm

That is why someone has to hit Belllinger…

16. gianthead said, on August 20, 2019 at 12:31 pm

Unless it rains I go over…..flying out there last week flew south of a wicked tstorm south of Chicago at 33k feet and what a lightning show. Must have been hundreds if lightning strikes…got in past midnight and was still 90 degrees…good trip home….next time Chia Blade…

17. snarkk said, on August 20, 2019 at 12:43 pm

Article on the traded Giants, and their post-trade work…

Panik?
    “Panik had three hits including a triple Sunday to push his nine-game average with the Mets to .333, hitting safely in all six of his starts. He hit .235 as a Giant before he was released and now is getting playing time because Mets second baseman Robinson Cano is shelved with a hamstring injury.”

• alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 1:05 pm

Good for Panik now that he has a REAL Hitting Coach in Chili Davis( man I wish he was a Giant) instead of the 2 clowns the giants have..

18. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 20, 2019 at 12:44 pm

Yeah, this game today has rout written all over it (in favor of Cubbies, like, 8-1) but that’s why they play the games, you just… never.. know. But no confidence in Beede at this point. Maybe next year. The rotation going forward looking like Bum/Cueto/Smarge/Webb/D-Rod ain’t too shabby IMO.

19. Bozo said, on August 20, 2019 at 1:36 pm

Time to kick some Cubby Bear butt. Leave em all crying in their 16 oz Old Style.

20. chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 1:38 pm

Let’s get it on…or should that be “Let’s get our asses kicked.”

No Swinging Dick in the line-up. Hmmm….

Longo back.

1. Donovan Solano (R) 2B
    2. Mike Yastrzemski (L) LF
    3. Buster Posey (R) C
    4. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    5. Kevin Pillar (R) CF
    6. Austin Slater (R) RF
    7. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    8. Abiatal Avelino (R) SS
    9. Tyler Beede (R) P

21. snarkk said, on August 20, 2019 at 2:02 pm

Well, Solano is in there, that makes me happy…

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 2:26 pm

Yep. Interesting that the slotted him into the lead-off (had been Yaz the last couple of games). But agree, glad to see him in the LU.

22. zumiee said, on August 20, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Here’s a photo of the ceiling of the Yankees’ home dugout. Gardner’s damage to it is clearly seen. Some Yankee fans are trying to compare to just throwing a batting helmet or hitting a water cooler or something. It’s different. There’s a higher level of disrespect about it that is different.

?

• zumiee said, on August 20, 2019 at 2:59 pm

Plus, throwing a batting helmet can get a player ejected if the ump feels it’s being done to show up the umpire. Clearly what Gardner was doing was showing up the umps, trying to bully them. I don’t buy his explanation it was being done to fire up his team. Like all bullies who get called on their behavior, he went into the “I’m being persecuted; poor me,” mode.

• djloo27 said, on August 20, 2019 at 4:01 pm

I can’t stomach that Martian-headed cocksucker…

23. djloo27 said, on August 20, 2019 at 3:55 pm

For Christ sake, Panik was 6 for 22 (.273) and went 3 for 5 bringing him up to 9-27 (.333) as a Met.
    I wouldn’t get too nutty over that.
    Minaj hit like Stan Musial for a few weeks last year after leaving SF for the Mets.
    Where is he now?

• Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Panik is still weak and slow, that’s never changing. A few bloop hits here and there, shit who cares, he did that here and it was worthless.

24. alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Hmm 🤔 I think the guy who should of done that first is Bucky Dent..

25. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 4:16 pm

lol

26. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:01 pm

I’d love to see a game at Wrigley. How many of you guys have been there? I recall a funny story Kokonuts told about being hammered in the Wrigley bleachers once.

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:17 pm

Let’s go next year. Blade and I have kicked-around the idea. Get a couple from the right coast to join in for a little midwest Flapalooza…

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:18 pm

Beede will be lucky to make it out of the 2nd inning…

27. chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:15 pm

And here we go…

Changing my O/U on HRs from six to 16…

28. alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:17 pm

Right down broadway Beede 1-0 on the 1st of many bombs tonight..

• djloo27 said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:20 pm

“Broadway Beede” is a good nickname…

29. Macdog said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:17 pm

There goes the shutout.

30. alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:19 pm

2 Bombs 💣 for Beede, he’s killing me..

31. Macdog said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:19 pm

Maybe the o/u of 4.5 bombs should’ve been just for the Cubs.

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:33 pm

😂

But realistically, that might be accurate…

32. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:21 pm

Beede is just….infuriating. He’s got such good stuff and yet the ball just keeps flying out of the park

33. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:31 pm

Good Stanford man taking care of business as usual. Fucking right center is lit right now….

34. chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:32 pm

I said earlier the only way the Giants win is if they out-mash the cubbies (because ya know the cubs will get theirs).

35. Macdog said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Wrigley Slater tater!

36. alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Slater Tater!! That’s #3 for bombs 💣
    Tie game!

37. Macdog said, on August 20, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Chi, Giants are at Wrigley next year Aug. 31, Sept. 1-2 Mon-Tues-Wed.

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:47 pm

I know, Mac I am thinking flying in Ipoh a Saturday or Sunday, hitting some blues clubs, etc. catching twomof the games p, and flying home Wednesday. You in? Flapalooza at Wrigley would be monumental.

• Macdog said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:52 pm

I would consider it.

38. alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:05 pm

“Broadway Beede” strikes again # 4 for bombs..3 For Broadway..

39. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:14 pm

Boom. 1.0.

• alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:17 pm

Does Slater get a 2.0 since it was a 2 run blast?

40. Macdog said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:15 pm

#18 for Pillar!

41. alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:16 pm

HR Derby tonight Pillar #2 for Giants
    3-3

42. alleykat69 said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Boch has to be burning inside when he sees Beede walking Hamels..

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:42 pm

I mentioned Beede walking the opposing pitcher, earlier. It’s his krytonite! 😂

43. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:30 pm

interesting

44. chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 6:41 pm

Need to cash in here…

45. zumiee said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:12 pm

Bo Bichette is really good.

46. unca_chuck said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Pfffffffffffft. Thinking bout that Wrigley trip as well. Been to Wrigley twice. Once in 1968, when my Uncle Charlie, who turned 90 on August 16th, took me to my first baseball game. Giants Cubs double header.

Giants won the 1st game, and I we bailed on the 2nd one. Coolest part was watching the pregame warmups at the little brick wall near 1st base and seeing Billy Williams, Ernie Banks, Joe Pepitone, and all my favorite Giants.

2nd time was in 1995 for my good friend John’s wedding in northern Indiana. We had partied till 2:30 in the morning the night before and of course it was 102 with 98% humidity. I powered down a couple beers just to feel semi-human, but Kathy couldn’t take the heat, so we bailed after 5. Cubbies got stomped by the Dogs, 7-0 or some shit.

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Charlie – let’s keep the talk going. I am seriously considering going next year. Blade, you still a consideration, too? Flav – you in?

• Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:40 pm

I’d take a look at it for sure but my trips are pretty much set for next year. When you going?

• blade3colorado said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:43 pm

Dunno. This year has been a shit sandwich.

However, selling my condo and being all cash for the Trump apocalypse/recession makes me think I might be down with a trip like that. Definitely going to be in Vietnam with my daughter for 2-3 months and I reserved a cruise cabin to Alaska with my parents for August.

• djloo27 said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:38 pm

As a Joe Pepitone fanatic, I’m real sure Pepi didn’t get to the Cubs till the 70’s, Chuck.
      Check with Uncle Charlie…

47. unca_chuck said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Goddamnit. Yaz almost had that one. 2 more feet it’s in the basket.

48. unca_chuck said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:36 pm

And this clown one-arms it to the wall.

49. blade3colorado said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Cubs can reach the wall with one handed swings. lqtm

50. chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Suarez was so good at times in the past. He flat fucking sucks now, outta the pen…

51. unca_chuck said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Here’s that game in 1968.

Coulda sworn Joe Pepitone was on that team.

52. unca_chuck said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:44 pm

I called 6 home runs, so we need one more. With a couple people on base.

53. mrsprtdude said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:44 pm

I flew out and met my big sis (from Boston) to go to a game at Wrigley in 2004. It was awesome. So much fun. Wasn’t vs Giants, and we drank a lot. Can’t even remember who won. Funny story though….They sell beer in the stands, or they did, which no other teams do. A can of Old Style has the Cubs logo. I wanted to buy the empty cans of 1 round as a souvenir. Guy says they are not for sale. I say “everything’s for sale”. Every inning I ask how much after the pour. He says they are not for sale, i say everything is for sale again…on and on. 7th inning I say man we are running out of time. Give me the damn can. He says no. I say yes. $20 each. hand him the $40. He looks around and does it. My sister and I are so excited. Victory! I get home and tell my wife this awesome story. She says and what the hell are you planning on doing with it? I say..I was thinking the mantle? She laughs out loud! Buzz kill! Mine is buried in storage somewhere, but my sister has hers above the kitchen sink to this day…
    To all you Flappers my advice is to go when they are playing any team but ours. Better vs a team we don’t like. Root for the Cubs and have a blast…

• blade3colorado said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:53 pm

Good plan. I was pissed a few seasons ago in Boston and New York. Giants didn’t even come close to sniffing a win.

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:57 pm

True. But it was still a fun trip. May have to consider MSD’s suggestion of going when they are playing someone else.

• blade3colorado said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Yes, it was, especially the Boston tour we took.

54. chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Pretty good O/U on the HRs, Flav.

55. unca_chuck said, on August 20, 2019 at 7:55 pm

The only can I have, well I have a coupe, is a 2010 World Series championship Budweiser long neck can that is unopened, and an unopened can of Hamm’s (best way to enjoy it) from the 50th anniversary of the golden gate bridge. Just wish I still had my mom’s six pack of Billy beer.

• blade3colorado said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:00 pm

I was so shit faced at that celebration. I got separated from my gf at the time, along with other friends. Fairly certain mushrooms were involved too. Barely caught the last train back to Sunnyvale.

• chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:06 pm

LMAO…Shrooming….

• unca_chuck said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:27 pm

that was a pretty epic day. No shroomies for me but we found a nitrous tank at some point. Woke up on some guy’s boat in the St Francis Yacht club.

56. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:02 pm

GH you had several comments end up in the spam filter on the 17th, not sure why, I restored them

57. blade3colorado said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Pfffttt!

58. chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Pfffttt…

59. chipower9 said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Simultaneous Pfffttts from Blade and me equates to mass suckage to the third degree….

• Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:17 pm

Blade’s seemed to have a little more oomph in it with the exclamation point

60. snarkk said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Saw/heard none of the game.
    Beede went 4 frames, shocking. Gave up 3 dongs, not shocking.
    Flapalooza would be Epic in Chitown.
    Rent a big Air BnB for four nights…

61. Bozo said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Crap.

62. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:16 pm

• snarkk said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:17 pm

Bring his ass up…

63. snarkk said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:16 pm

Hitting a chophouse for some massive steak action wouldn’t be bad after a Cubs game…

• Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:18 pm

I’m headed to Kentucky on Sept 6th for a few days, I am planning on hitting the bejezus out of some steak houses

• snarkk said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:28 pm

In Lexington, go to the Blue Door.
        Brisket, sausage, pulled pork, ribs.
        BBQ is unfrigginbelievable. Some of the best I’ve ever had…

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2019 at 5:56 am

I’m gonna be in the sticks. Right on the border of Kentucky and Tennessee

64. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:22 pm

The problem with Davis is that he would steal at bats from a good Stanford man–I’ll check to see if he went to Cal, that type of rapscallion behavior is something I’d expect from them. But I would sacrifice that for the tasty surprise a young Jaylin may deliver….

65. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:36 pm

Gail’s been getting way too restful of sleeps lately. Time to light her up, Chi. Maybe D-Rod tomorrow prods you to rattle her cage.

66. sandog said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:36 pm

“Catch the last train to Sunnyvale and I’ll meet you at the station, but I’m high as fuck on ‘shrooms and
    I think I’m Roger Mason…..”

I’m trying to stay in Black Shoes’ corner, but he ain’t making it easy.

The last night of my extended weekend in the midwest, 7 of us stayed in an old school farmhouse AirBnB outside Sheldon, Iowa. Tractor in the yard, cows in the meadow, farm fresh eggs in the fridge. It would be a most excellent venue for a Flapalooza. (Except for the fact that it is out in the middle of nowhere)

The Minneapolis airport pet relief area game is WEAK.

67. Flavor said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:37 pm

I just realized that tomorrow I am exactly 51.5 years old. 5150. As a large Van Halen fan that makes me ecstatic.

68. zumiee said, on August 20, 2019 at 8:52 pm

I’d give Van Halen about 51.5 out of 100 as a band.

• zumiee said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:02 pm

🙂

• sandog said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:06 pm

That’s a pretty good one Zum…..

69. blade3colorado said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:06 pm

A Sunnyvale friend reminded me of that epic 50th Golden Gate event recently by sending me a photograph of my gf and I. I would share it here, but I would never live down the Tom Selleck ‘stache I had at the time. That bad boy would definitely be misinterpreted as a porn ‘stache today.

70. unca_chuck said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Come on. You’ve let the cat out of the bag now.

I got pics somewhere and the bridge is bending in the middle from the weight of the people on it. We made it about 1/4 of the way across. The bridge was moving about 4′ side to side. It was a trip and a half.

• blade3colorado said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:41 pm

Yeah, we inched our way about 1/4 of the way and gave up. Later we were shocked by how it was swaying.

• blade3colorado said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Just read your 9:27pm. Hilarious Unca! Waking up in someone’s boat? The only thing better than that, would be sleeping in his cabin bed and not on the deck . . . Well, did ya???

71. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:33 pm

72. snarkk said, on August 20, 2019 at 9:34 pm

OK, Gyros lost the one they absolutely figured to with BlackShoesBeede getting crushed early. Of the 3 dongs he gave up, 2 were 94 mph straight fastballs right over the middle or middle in just above the knee and about mid thigh. The second Rizzo one was on the outside 1/3 of the plate, an 84 mph something with a tail away from Rizzo, but it was high enough for him to hammer it. The guy just throws too many “hit me” pitches. Giants cannot get swept, that’s the bottom line…

73. djloo27 said, on August 21, 2019 at 4:04 am

Haiti will launch a space shuttle before Beede gets it together…

74. snarkk said, on August 21, 2019 at 6:47 am

I just heard on KNBR that out of 100+ NL pitchers with 80+ innings, Beede has the third worst HRs given up / 9 innings ratio. At least he’s not the worst. Yet…