Silencing The Dumbs…I mean Drums

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 25, 2019

What a wild game last night. I picked it up when it was 4-4 and Pillar laced a clutch double down the right field line to put them ahead 6-4–this dude has been money with runners-on all year for us. And how good must that 3 run oppo bomb felt for Voggy? My text line was suspiciously quiet last night. My A’s fan buddy, The Boney One, didn’t have much to say.

Truth be told, I kinda like the A’s. They’re young with tons of power and dynamic gloves (and arms). I hope they can snag a wild card spot.

But it would be fun to drop another 8 spot on them in some random inning today just to remind them who will always own the Bay Area–at least until the A’s win 3 in 5 and we know that ain’t happening any time soon……

1. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2019 at 7:48 am

They won 3 in a row and couldn’t even sell out their home field.

2. Bozo said, on August 25, 2019 at 8:19 am

Damn, I went to bed during the 7th inning stretch.

• willedav said, on August 25, 2019 at 8:35 am

tough for east coast guys I fall asleep out here 3 hours behind y’all. But yeah man 8th was wonderful

Wayne Shorter’s b-day today. Always dug this guy from Art Blakey days to Miles/tony Williams group/Weather report. Still enjoy Blue Note stuff he did with McCoy Tyner Lee Morgan yada yada.

• Bozo said, on August 25, 2019 at 9:02 am

Well, HBD Mr. Shorter, always loved seeing him.
        Willie, have you checked out Coltrane’s Blue World? I really enjoyed kicking back and listening to it on Youtube the other day. Kicked back in the recliner, thunderstorm outside, cat in my lap,Trane at the top of his game and that band, wow. I had gotten the lost tracks thing last year and even though those tunes are not considered complete ideas (maybe even just warm-up practice stuff), it was still so much fun listening to that band read each other again, but this one, man, this one seemed to me to be at whole nother level.

3. willedav said, on August 25, 2019 at 8:59 am

So Dodgers Muncy admits, “…there might have been a little acting class in there” during the force play controversy in 9th. What a slime this guy is. Yanks seem to have gotten burned with time out call that negated Torres scoring tying run. Still they had 2 more shots at Jansen and both hitters struck out with man on 3b.

4. Flavor said, on August 25, 2019 at 10:06 am

Kat had some DVD jokes get banished to the spam filter. Sorry my man, had to get those in before the recent banning

5. Flavor said, on August 25, 2019 at 10:08 am

Dear Dumbass Colts fans. This is how you say goodbye to someone who laid every part of their body on the line for your idiotic franchise:

6. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2019 at 10:26 am

I think I’m still banned..

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2019 at 11:16 am

you were never banned my man! just some of your words

7. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2019 at 11:15 am

1. Donovan Solano (R) 2B
    2. Mike Yastrzemski (L) LF
    3. Buster Posey (R) DH
    4. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    5. Kevin Pillar (R) CF
    6. Austin Slater (R) RF
    7. Stephen Vogt (L) C
    8. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    9. Brandon Crawford (L) SS

8. Flavor said, on August 25, 2019 at 11:16 am

4000!

• Bozo said, on August 25, 2019 at 12:02 pm

That is a lot of baseball and that’s just as a Manager.
      When I was a season ticket holder and still living in SF, I probably averaged about 40 games a year and that seemed like a lot. I would have had to keep that average up for a 100 years to match his 4,000, amazing.

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2019 at 12:09 pm

plus he was a little busier than you were at those games. lqtm

• Bozo said, on August 25, 2019 at 12:26 pm

And more sober, which considering some of those games I went to would have been a major challenge.

9. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2019 at 12:17 pm

I’m sure everyone here has worked over 4,000 days in their life…

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2019 at 12:20 pm

The average full-timer does that in less than 20 years…

10. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2019 at 12:21 pm

4,000 working days?Yeah that was just my sex life lol 😂

11. gianthead said, on August 25, 2019 at 1:04 pm

What a gmae last night…glad almost all of it was picked up on mlb channel…Magic #10!!!

• gianthead said, on August 25, 2019 at 1:09 pm

How about this Fake News from CBS sports…too bad not true:

The Giants took the upper hand in the set — as well as the season series — with an eight-run eighth inning Saturday night that rallied them to a 10-5 victory.

“The Giants also won the first of two games played in San Francisco last week, and thus hold a 2-1 edge entering Sunday’s 2019 finale.”

Would be a 3-0 edge if we had won the game Blade and I attended…

12. Macdog said, on August 25, 2019 at 1:09 pm

Melancon got Panik on a groundout to first to end the Braves’ win over the Mets.

• gianthead said, on August 25, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Huge win for me with Keuchel in my fantasy baseball playoffs trying to lock down the 6th and final spot with 2 weeks to go…one more save from Osuna will be a big help today as well.

13. Macdog said, on August 25, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Kuip a little off on that Longo HR.

14. Bozo said, on August 25, 2019 at 1:55 pm

Longo has been on a tear lately, hope he keeps it up.

15. snarkk said, on August 25, 2019 at 2:04 pm

Vogt had the LHed bomb to oppo left center yesterday, Buster followed with a just short of HR fly to his pull field. And, Vogt is older. Buster being hitter #3 consistently is flat manager malpractice…

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2019 at 2:07 pm

when you manage 4000 damn games I’m assuming somewhere in there you just kick that bitch into auto pilot and let er ride…..

• gianthead said, on August 25, 2019 at 2:10 pm

As we all know Boch is loyal to a fault…

16. gianthead said, on August 25, 2019 at 2:09 pm

Too bad this was not Longoria 2-3 months ago…someone like the Phillies may have bit on his vet status and giving up on Franco….

17. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:12 pm

Fleming speculating on having Dick hit for Posey.
    Don’t think so…

18. Macdog said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:19 pm

Might be a productive K for Posey if Longoria can do something.

19. Macdog said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:20 pm

There we go!

20. blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:20 pm

I absolutely think the Giants are going to ring up this pitcher and score a bunch of runs. That being said, Buster has just about hit rock bottom.

• blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:20 pm

. . . and there ya go.

21. Bozo said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:21 pm

As I said – Longo has been on a tear lately, hope he keeps it up.

22. Flavor said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:26 pm

Longo saved Posey’s bacon there. But WTF did they try that double steal? Great call if it works I guess

23. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:30 pm

Buster’s AB was a nice battle, but the pitch he swung at was out of the strike zone when it left the pitcher’s hand and went wider. Another 12″ on the bat would have missed. I just don’t get what he’s seeing there.

24. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:30 pm

WTF is Bochy sending Yaz? What a stupid fucking play.

25. snarkk said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:30 pm

Posey at least had the decency to finally K, and not hit into another DP. So, Longo picked him up immediately. Buster acts like he is done, for $22 million…

26. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:32 pm

He’s out.

27. blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2019 at 3:58 pm

A’s announcers wondering if Yaz was hurt during that stolen base attempt (with Dick pinch hitting for him). Giants announcers saying anything????

• Macdog said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:01 pm

Didn’t hear about an injury, more about it was a chance to get Dick an AB in a big spot.

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:22 pm

Yaz was likely hurt on HBP…

28. Macdog said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:00 pm

Wow, same pitch, Posey strikes himself out again.

29. blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:00 pm

Meanwhile, Posey continues to stink up the joint. Bochy needs intervention next time he considers Buster for the 3 hole.

30. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:05 pm

4 K’s and a DP for Posey. Yeah, he’s due. Right, Boch?

31. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:06 pm

That one made me laugh. Phegly is PTBNL.

32. blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:08 pm

He’s safe. Obvious.

33. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Posey has killed more rallies that tear gas.

34. Macdog said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:10 pm

Mini sweep!

35. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:10 pm

• Bozo said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:11 pm

Yah Babeee.

36. Flavor said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:10 pm

Nice win. Fuck Oakland.

37. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:11 pm

Clinging to life in the playoff race. They just need to worry about winning. Let the rest take care of itself. Well that, and giving Vogt the nod at catcher.

38. blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:16 pm

A’s be crying . . .

39. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:18 pm

Gained a game on all 4 teams in front of us.
    4 back…

• zumiee said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:24 pm

40. blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:29 pm

Beede tomorrow against Young, whom he faced in late June and lost, albeit; didn’t do too bad, with a 5.1 IP, 2 ER, 3 K, 3 BB line.

41. zumiee said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:40 pm

The Giants won possibly the ugliest trophy in existence.

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:48 pm

I can’t imagine any fan caring one whit about that thing. I dunno tho, what’s the pulse on FB? Are the housewives excited about winning that?

• zumiee said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:59 pm

I just read a post where the ladies were talking about how sexy the Giants look in the black unis.

• zumiee said, on August 25, 2019 at 5:00 pm

And they’re thrilled about sweeping the A’s. No mention of the trophy.

42. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Posey has turned into him:

43. zumiee said, on August 25, 2019 at 5:04 pm

I think the Scott Cousins collision caught up with him eventually. The hip more-so than the ankle. Cousins twisted that leg like a pretzel. And the rigors of catching kept adding to it.

44. zumiee said, on August 25, 2019 at 5:08 pm

Cousins ended up playing brief stints in 4 MLB seasons, with a .179 career batting average.

45. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2019 at 5:21 pm

According to Miller, Bochy and Crawford we’re raving about how comfortable the black uniform pants are…

• blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2019 at 5:44 pm

Must be the fabric and maybe, the pants being the right size to reflect their current weight (fat). It can’t be the color black because supposedly that makes a person feel more hot during a hot day.

46. blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2019 at 5:48 pm

I just noticed Posey using these the other day (knee supports) when the A’s broadcasters mentioned them. Number 1, I had no idea these were being used by catchers and/or by Posey; and number 2, does anyone know how long they’ve been around? Seems like a great idea.

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2019 at 6:14 pm

A few years as far as I know, Blade.
      Definitely a great idea…

• zumiee said, on August 25, 2019 at 6:16 pm

I’ve seen them before but not very often, or just haven’t noticed them.
      When I was a kid, I remember games often only going 2 hours and 15 minutes, or similar. Less squat time for catchers in those days.

47. willedav said, on August 25, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Killion (yuk) headline on front page of Chron sporting green today:
    Playoffs looming in surging A’s future

I’m trying to remember last time they won even one playoff game…last year they decided to try an opener (!) in Yankee Stadium so that was one and done.
    2014 (?) they lost to Royals in the WC battle, a game Lester left with late lead pen couldn’t hold and bye bye.
    So this decade (or century maybe?), the one Giants have 3 WS titles in, or not?
    I gotta to look this up.

48. willedav said, on August 25, 2019 at 6:54 pm

2013 they lost to Verlander and Detroit 3-2, repeat of 2012.

49. willedav said, on August 25, 2019 at 6:56 pm

But I mean come on. 2 days in a row, at home, your pen blows the save and loses the game to the team with 14th best offense in entire NL. Um let’s just say you’re gonna face lot better hitting than that should A’s manage to get in this year.

50. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2019 at 7:04 pm

I don’t know. Basing anything on these 2 games is an exercise in cherry picking. They are around 20 games over .500 and playing good solid ball. They are young and talented. They just came off sweeping the Yankees and taking 3 of 4 from the Astros.

I’ve got to think they were a little more up for those games than these 2.

• blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2019 at 7:26 pm

Good points.

51. zumiee said, on August 25, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Yanks made a little statement against the Dodgers this weekend. And beat Kershaw today.

52. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2019 at 7:05 pm

My daughter, who just came down from Seattle today, said the pants looked like business casual day at the office.

53. zumiee said, on August 25, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Killion and Susser seem like A’s boosters instead of journalists. They’re caught up in the whole “plucky little team” narrative that gets real old.

54. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Jesus that Bay Series Trophy looks like a freakin oil drilling platform!

55. mrsprtdude said, on August 25, 2019 at 8:36 pm

No baseball fro 2 days while on a weekend trip. Odd to out of touch. Nice to win 2 vs the A’s. I like them too, just not against us!

56. willedav said, on August 25, 2019 at 9:02 pm

The A”s weren’t into it? There were 53 thou to see them in yard yesterday. They even opened up Mt. Davis area. Maybe that was the problem–they’re more comfortable in front of the usual 11 thousand suspects.