Yaz Overload

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 17, 2019

It’s too bad this series doesn’t mean anything. Can you imagine if this were 2010 and we were storming Fenway Park with Huff, Torres, Timmy and the gang? As it is, we have to settle for Yaz cheering his grandson from a luxury box. Those tv shots will be dramatic, won’t they? Eh, I’d rather have the games matter…..

Big BIG start for Webb. It doesn’t get much bigger than The Green Monster and Co.  He’s got the composition for a task like this. Let’s see if the stuff and the location is there.

Regardless, this is far more interesting than the Marlins or Pirates in San Francisco……

1. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:13 am

Agree with your sentiments on this game/series. Cool that Yaz gets to see his grandson in a MLB uniform and roaming the confines of the hollowed grounds that are Fenway Park.

I recall when Blade and I made our right coast trek to Boston and NYC, and sitting in my seat and just soaking in the atmosphere…thinking of all the greats who had played there. While the ballpark, seats, etc. were not that great from a comfort/viewing perspective, you cannot help but get caught-up in the beauty of the place, and again, the history that makes the ball park what it is.

I missed the entire fish series, but will definitely be dialed-in for tonight’s game.

Hoping like hell that Webb has a good game. I think the kid has the tools to be a part on the back-end of the rotation next year.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:43 am

Giants were still in it in 2016, albeit, had begun to go south after the All Star game. Chi and I were expecting the Giants to turn it around in Boston. Not. They folded up like a cheap suit for not only Boston, but New York too. I think they only salvaged one game against the Yanks (and Chi and I had already returned home).

Regardless, good times seeing all the other Flappers and junior Flappers – Mac, Loo, Giant Head/his son, and San Dog/his son.

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:48 am

Yes, it was a shitty trip from a baseball perspective, but it was awesome to put names with faces with all the Flappers who Blade mentions, and to hang-out with those guys: DJ Loo, MacDog, SanD and his son, and GiantHead and his son. It was truly a memorable experience that I will continue to cherish.

Wrigley is next…

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:00 am

Just thinking about a Paul Newman YouTube video I had watched yesterday and put 2 and 2 together about our trip to the Bronx and that movie being mentioned in the video (loved the movie). Pissed at myself that we could have seen it. Similarly, I wish we had gone to the Polo Grounds landmark plaque too.

• gianthead said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:12 am

Blade, the kid just left for a semester abroad in Spain…Sevilla…last year in college

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:03 am

Hey Chi, did you know that we were .2 miles (4 minutes) from “Fort Apache” – the 41st police precinct made famous in the Newman movie? Shit dude, we probably walked by it on our way to catch the subway. It’s located on 1086 Simpson Street. It’s no longer headquarters for the precinct, but the building is still there and is now used for a Bronx detective bureau.

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:55 am

LMAO…I had no clue, dude. How the hell did you come up with that bit of info?

Looks like I will have to make a return trip…

• gianthead said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:13 am

Why do I think Loo has more familiarity with that police station???

2. willedav said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:24 am

Other than the yaz story, big for Boston I guess, yawn. Great for gramps to see him, and Yaz has done great power to all fields and good D. But any season Sawx finish 18 games behind Yanks has to hurt and it’s already cost the GM, coming off WS win, his job.

Killion has Zito story at top of Chron headline. I had to look this up but Zito in 2010 did lose the next to last game which Giants had to have to get past the pads. He put team in 4-0 hole and was gone after 3+, facing 18 batters and allowing 9 of them to reach base. Took the L that day to run record to 9-14 with ERA of 4.15.

Johnny Sanchez of course got job done next day to get Giants into playoffs and rest is hist. Nothing to do with $$ but Sanchez is at least as good a Giant as Zito in my book.

As for Webb, again edge usually lies with SP no one has seen. Be nice for him to have better outing than his last couple, but ST is probably where he wins or loses spot in rotation, not now. And there will be plenty of competition for 2/3 spots

Long and Winding Road? OK.. better than Strawberry Road?

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:05 am

Cain wasn’t much better in the opener of that Pads series, giving up 6 runs in 4 innings. So yeah, Sanchez bailed both of them out.

• willedav said, on September 17, 2019 at 10:45 am

yes exactly. Had been in Jersey/NYC during Giants great comeback Sept., catching the games late at hotel.

3. willedav said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:34 am

Hey Sac Kings fans (I know a couple of them are here) just saw column on cbssports talking up B Bogdanovich who had great World Cup for Serbia. Showcased some of his best scoring moves in tournament off dribble hand off and as spot up shooter and made case could be breakout season ahead, if used properly to take advantage of his skill set.

4. mrsprtdude said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:44 am

baseball winding down. Who would have guessed this series would mean little to nothing for BOTH teams a few months ago?
    Question: Is the older Yaz so old and feeble he can’t travel? His grandson as a career minor league is killing it in the majors and the old man can’t come out to see him play? I’m assuming he has some money. Pretty sure just about every grandparent on earth, with the money to get there, would have seen there grand kid play a game if they made the show! Just sayin

• Flavor said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:08 am

I mean, he’s 80 years old, we don’t know what their relationship is. I wouldn’t overthink it

5. Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:14 am

Tragic number watch for this series: Giants 3 (Nats and Cubs), Red Sox 4 (Rays) and 3 (A’s), so likely one of them will be officially eliminated. Crazy how the NL WC race has tightened up, Nats looked like a shoo-in, now they’re only up .5 on Cubs and 1.5 on Brew Crew.

• Flavor said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:20 am

I don’t have the % they were at back in middle/late July but all of those teams had a high % to make the post season. I hope this year was a lesson for many that leap frogging 8 teams isn’t happening. We never had a chance.

• gianthead said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:16 am

That is because we suck

6. snarkk said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:21 am

Amusing this morning on KNBR.
    Krukow ripped Zito a new one for saying he rooted against Giants in 2010 WS because he got left off the WS roster. I don’t agree with a lot Kruk says these days, but with that I’ll agree. How can root against your own squad in the WSeries?
    Dumb thing to put in a “memoir”, even if you thought it. Zito deserved off the roster. If he was pissed, he should have been pissed at himself. If he said that to generate interest in the book, it’s even worse. I can’t think of a book I’m less likely to buy.
    Just another reason for me to shrug off Zito as a Giant…

• Flavor said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:49 am

Whatever. Zito may be an idiot but so if Huff and a lot of other baseball players. All I care about is the Flags that fly that they gave us.

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:57 am

Agree.

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 10:37 am

As Flav stated, the only thing I care about is how any of them helped our Giants win a world series. Zito did have a key start in one of the, I believe, St. Louis series. But other than contributions like that, I could give a rats ass….

• gianthead said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:17 am

He saved that 2012 WS by winning the must win Game 5 in St.Lou…so he is all good with me…

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:59 am

It all worked out. Since Zito couldn’t do anything right on the mound that season (and most of his Giants career), it only stands to reason the dumbass would end up rooting for the losing team in the World Series.

7. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:26 am

Like Flav (and perhaps others), I could give two shits about baseball players opinions (e,g., see Curt Schilling). Zito was an idiot if he said that in his book snarkk, but in my mind, the contract was worth it because of his important contributions in the 2012 playoffs. Frankly, without him, we conceivably wouldn’t have even got passed St. Louis in the NLCS. That game 5 was arguably the best game he ever pitched for the Giants. In the WS, he won against Verlander. Again, that was a “wow” moment for fans.

Is he a great Giant? I don’t know. Just the fact that he redeemed himself in the 2012 playoffs and was a key contributor to the World Series win makes me forget his contract.

8. alleykat69 said, on September 17, 2019 at 10:01 am

I was fortunate to see a Redsox’s game at Fenway back 1994 My wife was working an event for Apple at the time and said get your butt out here and we will make a extended few days.Took a red eye from SF got into Boston one of those puddle jumpers from Major League Lol 😂. She setup with the concierge tickets for the game, It wasn’t the Giants playing sadly as I still wore a Giants cap, but it was a great matchup, Clemens vs Mussina which Clemens outdueled him.Fenway is a beautiful place with lots of history,the one drawback was the old school seats built for midgets,I’m 6’3 and my legs were cramped up to the fan setting in front of me, and if you had to leave your seat, beer/ restroom the whole row basically had to stand up to let you out.
    Still a great experience, the bars and fans were great, Quincy Market at midnight drinking a Sam Adams 90degrees 90 humidity in shorts of course in August different but neat.Also took a boat ride around the harbor, and checked out Cheers as well and sat I believe on Norm’s barstool for a cold one🍺!!Legal Eagle seafood 🦞 was great food too, made the most of a short but eventful trip!!

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 10:40 am

Agree, Kat. Cool ballpark (and as I mentioned earlier, and you allude) not the greatest seats, etc. Boston is a cool city. I enjoyed the history and all. One of my favorite parts of my stay was when Blade and I did the entire Freedom Trail. Very cool…so much history. Also enjoyed grabbing a brew at a few of the bars right outside of Fenway.

9. alleykat69 said, on September 17, 2019 at 10:37 am

Making your way in the world today
    everything you got.Taking a break from all your worries, it sure would help a lot.Wouldnt you like to get away?
    Some times you want to go where everybody knows your name.And they’re always glad you came.
    You want to be where you can see, the troubles are all the same,you want to be where everybody knows your name.
    You want to go where people know, the people are all the same, you want to go where everybody knows your name..
    CHEERS!!🥂 🍸🥃🍺🍹🍻🍷🍾

10. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 10:57 am

Gary Larson’s bringing back The Far Side (I saw your FB post Chi). Berke Breathed brought back Bloom County. Hopefully Bill Waterson will follow suit and bring back Calvin & Hobbes, which is the third of the Holy Trinity of Comic Strips in my opinion.

• willedav said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:02 am

wow great news! At one time I had a couple books of strips done by Dan O’Neill (sp) who had Odd Bodkins in Chron every day.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:05 am

Ahh . . . Air Pirates. Yeah, O’Neill another fav back in the day.

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 12:28 pm

Yeah, hoping like hell it is all true. As is said in my FB post, The Far Side has always been my all-time favorite cartoon. Had almost all of the books he published on his strip.

11. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 10:59 am

When I was at Cheers, the line was enormous. didn’t get in. Lobster for days though.

We went to Fenway back in 2001, my wife and I in full giants regalia. Got a lot of odd looks but had a lot of great conversations. No seats on top of the green monster. David Cone pitching. For Boston. Against the Yankees. Yanks won 3-2 in 10. Shooter was pitching for the Sox but he didn’t pitch that night.

12. willedav said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:00 am

Giants are still in it, even after 150 games. Positive vibration yeah Positive!

Gotta admit coolest thing about now having smartphone (even if I’m the dummy trying to use it) is being able to listen to autoplay music. I was listening to Marley stuff the other day sitting down at work before store opened–Rastaman Vib, Roots Rock Reggae, Ambush, Concrete Jungle, Natural Mystic, Crazy Baldhead great stuff
    Last night Black Uhuru Party in Session (Michael rose and puma), Plastic Smile yada yada

• Flavor said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:06 am

it gets better than this Willie. Come on, I know you remember. There is so much more positive this could be……

13. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:15 am

This doesn’t justify what Zito did, but it provides some context. I am surprised that he even revealed these feelings, but perhaps, this is a way of making amends and moving on emotionally from that period of his life. As he said:

“I rooted against the team because my ego was in full control and if we lost then I could get out of there,” Zito said. “It would a) prove they couldn’t do it without me, and b) take me out of the situation because I was so miserable coming to the field every day. I was so deep in shame. I wanted out of that situation so bad.”

Ya know, this just proves that the almighty dollar does NOT mean happiness or solves problems.

• gianthead said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:21 am

Would solve all I need Blade!!!

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 12:35 pm

LMAO. Me, too, Ghead. Land me with a couple of million and let me at least see if it solves my problems, or not.

14. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:19 am

GH, your son is going to have a blast. I loved Spain when I visited with my mom in 1977. Saw our relatives in Madrid and a small village, Macateca (SP?) where my grandfather was born. I hope your kid gets over to Salamanca, one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I don’t think Loo knows the Bronx as well as his stomping grounds in Brooklyn. Dunno for sure.

• gianthead said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:23 am

Funny would have venerated guessed your Spanish heritage Blade…he is studying in Seville but Salamanca was the 2nd choice but sure he will get there along with other spots in Spain and Portugal. Of course he has already booked his Oktoberfest weekend.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:29 am

Yeah, my last name is Armenian (dad’s side) and my mom’s maiden name is Rubio. My grandfather came over from Salamanca on a freighter ship in 1920 or 1921. Forgot which year.

Hey, this is the absolute best BP article I have read about Carl Yastrzemski’s accomplishments. It doesn’t mention this, but I will always remember him celebrating their 1967 American League championship smoking a cigar. It reminded me of the stogies my grandfather smoked, so I was quite down with that. 🙂

15. willedav said, on September 17, 2019 at 11:50 am

Ha Flav you know I was looking at box score from June 28 game we hit. think of the stuff we saw that was fleeting and just didn’t happen much (except for winning streak in July) if ever again afterward:

Dick homered drove in 2. since then he’s had 4 HRs (none since July23) and 12 rbis.
    Anderson got the W 5 2/3 2 runs allowed lowered ERA to 3.86.
    Posey (and Craw) 3 hits drove in couple double off top of RF wall initially called HR.

• willedav said, on September 17, 2019 at 12:09 pm

In his next 7 (and last) starts Anderson gave up 15 walks 7 bombs and 27runs in 31 innings. Needless to say ERA has never again been under 4 and currently sits over 5. Maybe late game stuff is the best move after all.

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 12:41 pm

I did not know this, but while talking Giants baseball yesterday afternoon, one of my friends at our local watering hole was telling me that Anderson was a closer in college (Florida). So, maybe that is where he should be. I would certainly give him a good shot at it the remainder of this year and in ST next. WTF…nothing to lose at this point.

16. zumiee said, on September 17, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Cokie Roberts passed away. Of all the species on Earth, humans may be the only that is aware of its mortality. It’s amazing what humans accomplish, while still knowing they are going to die someday. I guess we’re pretty good at blocking it out of our thoughts, as a species, overall.

17. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 12:16 pm

Willie, when my wife and I were in St John’s earlier this year, one of the taxi drivers threw on Earth Crisis by Black Uhuru. Hadn’t heard that in 25 years. Great stuff. Saw Black Uhuru and King Sunny Ade at the Greek in Berk in the early 80s. Sly and Robbie were on fire.

18. Flavor said, on September 17, 2019 at 12:38 pm

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 12:38 pm

That’s cool as fuck. I am happy for both of those cats.

• snarkk said, on September 17, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Yaz may be 80 but his wrists look like he could still pump one over the right center fence or an oppo liner off the monster. Sign him for a day, he can strike out as well as Shaw or Gerber…

19. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Let’s get it on…

1. Mike Yastrzemski (L) LF
    2. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    3. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    4. Stephen Vogt (L) C
    5. Kevin Pillar (R) CF
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Chris Shaw (L) DH
    8. Austin Slater (R) RF
    9. Mauricio Dubon (R) 2B

20. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 1:00 pm

Blade – great read on Carl Yaz. Thanks for sharing!

I can recall the 1967 World Series (mentioned in the article ) against the Cards. As I have mentioned before, growing up in Oklahoma, I was a Cards fan as a kid, and remember being glued to the TV for those WS games. I loved watching Bob Gibson pitch, (but also recall how amazing Yaz was in that series). Still, IMO, Bob Gibson was the most intimidating pitcher in my days of watching baseball.

Again, excellent article. Thanks, Blade…

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 1:51 pm

De nada Chi . . . Glad you enjoyed it.

21. snarkk said, on September 17, 2019 at 2:15 pm

Hey blade, snarkette #1 spent fall semester 2018 attending Univ of Salamanca. All classes in Spansish. She loved it. 2nd or 3rd oldest university in Europe. She’s now back at At small college in Jersey near NYC. I am going back there in October for a long parents Weekend visit…

• snarkk said, on September 17, 2019 at 2:31 pm

Unlikely I’ll have time to set up NYC visit with Flapeast crew…

• djloo27 said, on September 17, 2019 at 2:57 pm

Well you know it doesn’t have to be an all day thing.
        Keep an open mind, Snarkkie.
        If you hit the big city for dinner, we could knock down a few before that…

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 3:37 pm

I would try my best to make something happen…even if just meeting for a beer, or two. You may never have the opportunity, again. I loved the time I got to spend with those knuckleheads (term of endearment). Loo will blow your mind…

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 3:28 pm

You will love it. Have Paella and roasted baby pig . . . Two of my favorite dishes. Regarding the city itself, the Moorish influence is unmistakable.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2019 at 3:29 pm

Tapas are only matched by the ones in Italy. Most bars serve them for free. Or they did back in 1977.

• snarkk said, on September 17, 2019 at 5:26 pm

Si.
        The snarkette #1 would WhatsApp me photos of various tapas plates with a nice glass of Rioja in background, then the Plaza Major view, at night. She was old enough to drink over there. Just to tick me off with jealousy. Kids…

22. djloo27 said, on September 17, 2019 at 3:13 pm

Just isolating 2010, Zito truly sucked, but he still pitched 199 innings and won 9 games.
    Regardless of the quality of those innings and wins, it is still a contribution to a championship.
    A person really can’t help their inner feelings, even if they’re asinine and hard to justify…

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 3:36 pm

Good points, Loo…

23. djloo27 said, on September 17, 2019 at 3:18 pm

I have one of the worst sense of directions on the planet. I barely know the Bronx aside from getting to Yankee Stadium and passing through it heading up to Yonkers Raceway. There are vast parts of Brooklyn I know next to nothing about and the last time I drove home from Belmont Park (for the 3,000th time), I made a wrong turn and got lost on Long Island…

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 6:52 pm

LMAO Loo! Me, too! My sense of direction flat ass sucks! Glad to know I have some company out there.

24. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 3:21 pm

Brett Tomko ate innings as well. And the other teams shat out scads of runs to the tune of 8-15. Fuck that.

Poor Barry Zito can feel shitty all he wants about sucking and being a disappointment, but to root against the team that PAID him $127 million to suck like a $20.00 hooker is seriously fucked up. Awwwww.. Did Pablo whine about it when he was benched? No. He sucked it up and played on. next year.

Like Roger Craig blaming his fumble on Guy McIntyre in that NFC Championship game long ago, I lost a lot of respect for the guy hearing that.

• djloo27 said, on September 17, 2019 at 3:57 pm

WWTS?

• zumiee said, on September 17, 2019 at 4:13 pm

I think he would compare Sandoval’s attitude in ‘10 to Zito’s and rip Zito pretty hard. Zito essentially quit on his team for those playoffs. Too bad to hear that about Zito. I’m all for honest disclosure, but yikes.

• djloo27 said, on September 17, 2019 at 4:41 pm

You got a problem with $20 hookers, Chuckles?

• alleykat69 said, on September 17, 2019 at 5:04 pm

I certainly don’t lqtm

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 6:54 pm

$20 hooker. Isn’t that an oxymoron?

• unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:32 pm

That’s a GOOD thing.

25. alleykat69 said, on September 17, 2019 at 4:55 pm

Hard to believe Webb only gave up 1 run that inning with 3 walks a hit and a shitload of pitches..

26. djloo27 said, on September 17, 2019 at 5:26 pm

YAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 5:27 pm

Way to go Yaz!

28. alleykat69 said, on September 17, 2019 at 5:27 pm

What Drama for Yaz!!! Number 20!!!
    At Fenway Park Congrats!!!

29. Flavor said, on September 17, 2019 at 5:29 pm

that’s fucking cool as hell.

30. djloo27 said, on September 17, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Last Giant rookie to hit 20 HRs…

• zumiee said, on September 17, 2019 at 5:39 pm

He looks like he’s holding a small souvenir bat.

• alleykat69 said, on September 17, 2019 at 5:53 pm

Lol that’s for sure Zumie.Maybe a fungo bat they hit pepper with..

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 5:47 pm

How far would he have hit the balls now in use?

31. alleykat69 said, on September 17, 2019 at 5:55 pm

Into Kingman land 600 ft?

32. Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 6:28 pm

Suarez shouldn’t even be on the expanded roster, let alone having him pitch with a lead at Fenway.

33. snarkk said, on September 17, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Im sitting at a Longhorn steakhouse bar in Phoenix eating a ribeye with a Makers Manhattan. Just saw the posts and dialed up Mlb on my phone to see the Yazhomer. Best Giants moment of the year? I think so. Awesome !!! ….

• snarkk said, on September 17, 2019 at 6:49 pm

These pricks at the bar want to keep the tV on cubs v Reds. Who gives a crap about a game that actually means something when you could be watching Giants v Rsox…

34. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 17, 2019 at 6:46 pm

Nice to read all the comments here about Fenway. That place was my baseball home for 15 years. It’s more than just a ballpark: it’s a brilliant sunrise after a long dark night. Every Opening Day, on the heels of cold snowy grey/brown skies for months on end, I will never forget walking up that ramp toward the field for the first time since Fall, as an explosion of green washed over the senses… always gave renewal to the winter-fatigued fans. Great to see young Yaz enjoying it too, with Grandpa Yaz. All that Yazz….

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 6:50 pm

I would love to go again, Paul. Wrigley is next.

Opening Day. That’s special at any ballpark, IMO, but I can imagine Fenway being very special, especially with allow of the history there.

Hell, I even looked forward to, and enjoyed, OD at that old shithole Candlestick. She had her own kind of magic. Maybe it was black magic.

• djloo27 said, on September 17, 2019 at 6:52 pm

MacDog has to be jealous of “All That Yazz”…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:01 pm

lulz…

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Haha, damn right.

35. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 6:46 pm

Got into the game late. Very cool to see young Yaz get a bomb in Boston, in front of grandpa.

I’ll take what Webb dealt tonight. Too bad Suarez had to come in and lay a shit sandwich on top of it all. Fuck!

36. snarkk said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Next season.
    FlapaWrigley?
    Epic…

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:34 pm

I’m in. Been trying to coordinate it. Some mentioned it might be better to go when the Giants are not in town. Giants are there August 31-September 2. I can go either way, but would be cool to catch the Giants there.

Would be bad ass to get some of the right coast Flappers there, too!

37. alleykat69 said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:20 pm

I’m trying hard to find a “Silver Lining” with Suarez pitching,but it keeps coming up “Fools Gold”!

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:35 pm

There ain’t no silver lining there, Kat.

38. Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:29 pm

Are these young players taught bad baserunning in the Giants system, or are they just stupid on their own?

• alleykat69 said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Stupid is as Stupid does Forest…

39. Flavor said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:45 pm

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Holy shit. I was surprised at their run on two counts:

1) when I saw Cueto’s rehab, they were lifeless in a 3-0 loss (granted, only one game, but right before the playoffs started).
      2) most of their good players (allegedly) had been brought up to SF.

Good for Sacramento. First title since becoming the Giants AAA club.

Great place to see a ballgame in West Sac.

40. alleykat69 said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:02 pm

And what the hell, good for Steven Okert to get a ring! Since he’s probably not in the Giants plans anymore along with his sidekick Oshit , he has a ring to shine up and show off…

41. willedav said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:05 pm

“Yazstrzemski plays the carom” and holds him to single. Gotta love hearing that again.

42. willedav said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:15 pm

dang another caught looking. It’s a hitters yard, swing the bat!

43. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:35 pm

Just saw that last AB. The G’s better get a run now.

44. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:35 pm

A home run AND a golden sombrero for Belt?

45. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:36 pm

Fuck.

46. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:37 pm

It sounded like it hit the wall

47. Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:43 pm

My lone visit to Fenway was in April ’91, Sox vs. Tribe. Went with a friend who was in radio at the time and his co-workers, so it was a crazy trip heading up to Boston with a car full of wise-ass DJs. Sat somewhere in the right-center section for $10. A bit chilly that time of year, but still a cool time. Jack Clark played for the Red Sox and struck out 4 times. Would like to get back there again, man, wish I had gone there when Blade, Chi and G-Head were there three years ago.

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:45 pm

Well, maybe we do another Flapalooza at Fenway too, Mac.

You, Loo, Pawlie, Ghead, and rest of the right coast contingent need to come out here for a game.

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:47 pm

Maybe, maybe next year when my daughter is done with college. Been way too long since I’ve been out there.

48. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:43 pm

Well, it wasn’t pretty, but at least Anderson put up a zero.

49. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:46 pm

Fuck you Bradley!

50. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:47 pm

Belt. Really. Sit the fuck down, dude. And yes, you got robbed. 😂

51. Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:55 pm

Crah-fahd!

52. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:55 pm

Bang! Crawfish is a dead fish.

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 8:57 pm

What a terrible slide.

53. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:01 pm

These guys are fucking killing me. Not helping in regards to my 4:35 wake-up for a 6 AM spin class. And my daughter is subbing as instructor, so I will catch hell from her if I try to sluff-off and not show.

54. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:04 pm

Good to,see some Giants fans hanging tough for the extra frames. No way I would leave early…especially at Fenway.

55. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:05 pm

56. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:08 pm

* sigh *

57. djloo27 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Radio guys on the fence about whether Slater played that ball too conservatively.
    Why be conservative at this point of the season?

58. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:17 pm

Jesus, Boch. Let him pitch.

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Let who pitch, there’s been so many changes this inning, haha.

• unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:21 pm

The guy who got the K. Not the guy who can’t find the strike zone. Last time I saw him pitch he threw a 4 pitch walk and then threw the next one to the back stop.

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:25 pm

Yeah, that guy threw gas and didn’t mess around. So of course he faced only 1 batter.

59. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:17 pm

You’re killing me, Smalls,

60. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:20 pm

I have a bad feeling about this,

61. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Somebody. Anybody. Just fucking shoot me now.

62. Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:22 pm

What. The. Fuck.

63. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Wear this one Bochy. What a stupid inning.

64. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Let Pablo pitch! Oh wait…

65. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Lose it Barracrap.

66. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Sheesh…

67. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:25 pm

You can’t een lose the game right you stupid fuck.

68. alleykat69 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:27 pm

Wtf?? They have used 12 pitchers! Who’s left to pitch?A position guy?

69. Macdog said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:28 pm

Maybe they should bring back the American League curfew.

70. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:28 pm

Yaz broke his leg coming out of the box.

71. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Crawsux…

72. djloo27 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:50 pm

I’m gonna listen to the rest of the game in bed with my transistor radio under my pillow…

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 10:01 pm

Loo – that brings back some memories for me. Cards games on my transistor. Harry Caray calling the games. Brock, Flood, Gibson…

73. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:52 pm

Damn! But I’ll take it.

74. willedav said, on September 17, 2019 at 9:54 pm

That was crushed. If this guy can ever get healthy and stay there, look out.
    What a way to start a road trip, good thing this is Sept.

75. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2019 at 10:01 pm

Pitcher’s strike for Rodriguez….