2000

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 19, 2019

Well, he got there. 2 big ones. Auto HOF. His boy Posey has a lot more work to do to get there.

Bum today.

Sweeping these guys would be great, let’s do it.

1. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:35 am

Funny how numbers are in baseball. When someone asked me two weeks about Bochy’s HOF chances I was on the fence. After Bochy2K last night I’m all in.

• chipower9 said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:42 am

And is 2000 managerial wins the kicker for you that made the difference?

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 19, 2019 at 9:05 am

Yes, chi. The 2K wins was the kicker.

2. chipower9 said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:41 am

G-Men go for the sweep. Nice to see Bochy get number 2000. Let’s get it on!

Dubon with a start at short…

Posey the only core guy in the LU, today…

1. Mauricio Dubon (R) SS
    2. Austin Slater (R) RF
    3. Kevin Pillar (R) CF
    4. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    5. Buster Posey (R) C
    6. Joey Rickard (R) LF
    7. Jaylin Davis (R) DH
    8. Cristhian Adames (S) 2B
    9. Aramis Garcia (R) 1B

3. snarkk said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:45 am

Sox series has had some of the best stories of the season. So, let’s now play out the string with as many youngsters as possible, then get on with ZMan‘s blowing up this roster in the offseason. Lil‘ Yaz may not even be a Giant next season…

4. Flavor said, on September 19, 2019 at 9:00 am

Boch, time of his life. #saladdays

• chipower9 said, on September 19, 2019 at 9:26 am

Very cool. There is a bar right outside Fenway in which you have to climb some stairs to reach the men’s head. From the head there is a plexiglass (I think) window that looks out onto the Fenway outfield. Pretty cool. I of course had to go there and take a piss just to get that view while in Boston for that Giants-Sox series.

• gianthead said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:19 am

Did not know that Chi…future reference

5. willedav said, on September 19, 2019 at 9:24 am

mm we’ll see how much of roster gets blown up but imo lot of who you see today will be in there–Dubon Yaz Pillar (great spot in LU too) Slater Davis kid who was at 3b last night Adames, maybe even Garcia. And hopefully Bum too. Just hope managing next season for Giants isn’t done by iPad. I still think if Bochy had Roberts team last couple years, he’d have a another ring or two to add to his collection

flav I can give 80 year old guy Yaz a pass. Myriad reasons he doesn’t get off on spending couple hours at yard that might be physical or mental/emotional or media (hey talk to mike) driven. This is great time for family and Mike; I can let them all celebrate and enjoy it whatever way they choose most comfortable.

• chipower9 said, on September 19, 2019 at 9:43 am

I agree. Not expecting a total blow-up of the roster. I think Belt is the easiest to move via a trade (limited no-trade with 10 teams). Crawford and Posey have full no-trade clauses. To jettison Craw would mean that the owners would eat a lot of green. No way you move Posey without also eating a lot of cash. I just don’t see it happening, regardless of how much any of us think that is the right move.

The kids WillieD mentions will get shots at making the team out of ST next year. I too hope Bum is brought back for no more than three years, at a max of 25 per. I would like to see Pillar back next year, too. He is arbitration eligible and an UFA in 2021.

6. snarkk said, on September 19, 2019 at 9:52 am

I’ll bet anybody a beer at a future Flapalooza that compared to the the 40 man on the last day of this season, the 40 man on Opening Day 2020 will have at least 15 different names…

• willedav said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:00 am

mm, 40 man/minors guys, fair enough. Still think the 26 (next season right?) that go forward with Giants won’t look lot different from now and I don’t see Z spending $$ to bring in new (key word) FAs either. Just think he rolls with kids already here in the system for another year.

• alleykat69 said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:13 am

I’m with you Snarkk..🍺🍻🍺🍻
      Z goes young are it won’t be no fun!
      Craw&Posey will for sure be back, unmovable contracts, but they can still add value in mentoring roles,just for Dubon&Bart so that’s a good learning experience to draw off of.Belt definitely needs to go, he offers nothing to anybody.Mr.3-2 then taking strike 3 is maddening, along with the slumping shoulders and bewildered 😳 look at going back to the dugout most,Flappers can’t take another season of that crap 💩

7. willedav said, on September 19, 2019 at 9:57 am

Giants have 41 Ws on road, tied for second best in NL (with likes of LA and WAS) behind only ATL. they are just such a different team, hit better and even pitch better often too. would be another reason to keep Pillar around too–he’s one of the few that do manage to rake at the O. And maybe more incentive to try and move Belt at least.

Maybe Giants woes at home something to explore in a thread–I don’t have any explanation for negative run differential. maybe bringing more newer younger and athletic players will make a difference.

• chipower9 said, on September 19, 2019 at 1:22 pm

As mentioned earlier, I believe Pillar will be back, as he is AE for next year, and is not a FA until 2021.

With his salary of 5.8 mil this year, hard to believe the Giants would NOT bring him back via the arb process.

8. alleykat69 said, on September 19, 2019 at 9:59 am

I’m not to sure Bum will be back, his loyalty was really with Bochy, and now that he’s gone, I doubt he wants to go thru a rebuild with this team. He will get a solid contract offer from the Atlanta Braves, and head home to his comfort living in the south.Why wound he except the Giants QO, that’s like insulting him again, with all the free cash he gave up in the past? This time he’s gets the pot of gold just with Atlanta and a better chance for another W/S ring..

• chipower9 said, on September 19, 2019 at 1:25 pm

Probably a lot of accuracy in your synopsis, Kat. But I hope they can bring him back at 3/75. And I think there is allegiance to the club/Giants, and not just Bochy, but that is just a subjective guess on my part.

9. willedav said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:06 am

Giants at home 33-42 score 254 give up 341
    Giants on road 41-36 score 398 give up 360
    why?

10. gianthead said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:17 am

Is it whoop there it is or whomp there it is???

Well whichever there is the Big 2000. I will have to say how mediocre our team is and there are so many teams with 40-50-60 wins…it is remarkable that Bochy (with constant Farhan rejuvenation) has this team just under .500. And not having any particular great love for Bochy…leave that to Twin…I am happy for him getting to 2000 and 4 more wins locks in .500 for his SF tenure…

• chipower9 said, on September 19, 2019 at 1:27 pm

Ha, neither. It is Whoot, There It Is.

11. Macdog said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:30 am

Bahmgahnah not looking too sharp at Fenway.

12. Macdog said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:36 am

Before he K’d, Gorkys’ Avg. OBP SLG: .133 .133 .133.

• Flavor said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:44 am

lol. “Kevin Pillar”.

• willedav said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:47 am

ha. saw on twitter a guy talking about today’s game said “2001 a Boch Odyssey.”

13. gianthead said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:46 am

This is a great story…love the Kentucky angle…

14. willedav said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:58 am

shoot that hit Slater in the glove after long run. Gotta go just doesn’t look like Bum’s day.
    Davis got burned on bad luck there at 2b–throw was off line but 2b snagged it and tagged him out.

15. alleykat69 said, on September 19, 2019 at 11:09 am

Another weird stat if Eli Manning doesn’t play another game he ends up at 116 wins 116 losses in 16 seasons..

16. zumiee said, on September 19, 2019 at 11:59 am

However we felt personally about Bochy’s Hall of Fame credentials before 2,000 wins, he was an absolute lock to be in the Hall of Fame, even if he didn’t get 2,000 wins.
    What the 2,000 wins does is make sure he’s first ballot, in case some goofball sportswriters wanted to make him wait a few years on it for some reason. If his percentage is less than 90% on the first ballot, that’s an outrage, and definitely shows East coast bias.

17. zumiee said, on September 19, 2019 at 12:08 pm

Ha! I said something negative about Richard Sherman on Facebook, and some people really gave me the business. We fans are so predictable. It’s kind of funny. As long as the player helps our team win, all else is forgotten and ignored. I’m that way with Zito, so who am I to talk, really?

• chipower9 said, on September 19, 2019 at 1:28 pm

What is your beef with Sherman?

18. Flavor said, on September 19, 2019 at 12:53 pm

• sandog said, on September 19, 2019 at 1:56 pm

What the hell took them so long?

19. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 19, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Woke up this morning (it’s now Friday 9/20, 9am) feeling a bit discombobulated. Maybe the sound of oh no! not again! construction outside waking me up too early. It’s 7pm Thursday evening for you on the west coast, yet the Flap has sort of disappeared with Sandog’s 1:56 post the last one I’m seeing, AND just checked the MLB site for info on the game, and it says Friday September 20th. I mean… what? That’s what it is here, but that’s not what it is there…. I feel like I’m losing my mind…. unfortunately an increasingly occurring scenario….

20. mrsprtdude said, on September 19, 2019 at 7:27 pm

I predict giants keep posey! LOL..I think he will be better next year. Hip never healed all the way. An off season to train like a normal person vs an injured guy rehabbing makes all the difference I’ve heard it so many times from patients. Then my son had back surgery. he made it back to college lacrosse 10 months after surgery. This year he is training and practicing like he used to, and is faster stronger more confident in his body again…I hope the same happens to Posey. Craw can be cut for sure. They are eating the money either way right? Dubon should start. If he does well Craw can be cut

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 19, 2019 at 7:37 pm

I don’t know that Posey is going to get any stronger or better at this point, but agree that he’s likely not going anywhere. Ever. Crawford and Belt, on the other hand, I’m guessing Z will be spending good amount of time and energy on offloading them, somewhere, somehow. Looking forward to the off-season, in a strange anticipatory way.

21. Flavor said, on September 19, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Man, somewhere good ol’ Daniel’s gotta be on a ledge. That Cubs 9th inning reminded me of the 2016 implosion we had against them—that ruined us for years.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 19, 2019 at 7:48 pm

That was an absolutely brutal implosion. Bochy’s last and final playoff moment. Ugh. None of those relievers in that meltdown inning are still with the team, are they?…. Don’t think so.

• Flavor said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:04 pm

9th inning relievers, in order, from that fateful game in 2016: Law, Lopez, Romo, WILL SMITH, and Strickland…..

• zumiee said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:33 pm

A cluster-bleep.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Ah, TFLR still here…. 🙂

• Flavor said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:16 pm

I forgot Moore had thrown `120. Man, what happened to that dude? Talk about falling off the face of the earth. Whatever, Bochy tried everyone, they all sucked, the baseball Gods just weren’t down with us winning that game.

• zumiee said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:37 pm

Lopez was terrible that last season, and had clearly lost confidence in his stuff. I felt 100% certain he was going to walk his one batter, Rizzo, and he did.

• zumiee said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:38 pm

Strickland gave up a hit to Baez on an 0-2 pitch that got too much of the strike zone. Typical Strickland.

22. zumiee said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:43 pm

“What is your beef with Sherman?”
    He was such a jerk in his Seahawk years, screaming into TV cameras about his self-perceived greatness. I don’t need it.
    I hope the Niners win every game and he gets burned for a TD in every game.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 19, 2019 at 8:51 pm

Sherman is on the Niners now?

• sandog said, on September 19, 2019 at 9:51 pm

No more Sherman on the Seahawks Paulie. Maybe you didn’t hear about it—you’ve been away a long time.

• djloo27 said, on September 20, 2019 at 8:10 am

23. mrsprtdude said, on September 19, 2019 at 10:00 pm

Always liked Sherman! Glad he is on Niners now!

24. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2019 at 7:57 am

Yeah, some people can’t get over Sherman’s attitude. He’s the Draymond Green of football. He plays at a high level, and knows the game he plays more than just about anybody else out there with him. And he’s a shit talker of the highest order. When he’s on your team , you should dig it. If we get a solid slot corner, we will get a shitload of picks. We have a pass rush now, and if we could get Verrett on the field, we’d be in great shape.