Winding Down

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 20, 2019

Feels like we should be able to knock Atlanta around a little, right? They’ve clinched, besides Matt Joyce trying to settle a score, what do they have to play for? And the Giants? Add on to that 2K baby.

In Reno this weekend for the annual Stanford/Oregon game. Don’t ask why we meet there, that’s just what we do.

Cardinal in a shocker?

1. willedav said, on September 20, 2019 at 7:44 am

dunno what happened to Stanford’s D after week 1. gonna have to hold teams under 40 points to stay in games.
    should be fun game though Ducks trying to uphold all the pac 12 ranked teams. Couple really good QBs too.

Ha Gardner Minshew from Wazzu is nice story for Jags. Knock on all the spread QBs was that they couldn’t handle speed of game/ pressure of NFL and those offenses would never work. Mahomes L Jackson Goff all these guys fun to watch walk right in and do well.

2. willedav said, on September 20, 2019 at 7:57 am

Richard Sherman lol. Really hated the Hawks; my supervisor is season ticket holder. Our company has big presence up there and mgmt. meetings were regularly held somewhere near there. Meeting room would have msg on the door “GO Hawks” which I altered to “NO Hawks.”
    Sherman was wideout for Stanford iirc, before he became premier DB in pros. Unlikeable at time but no more so than Niners Crabtree another one of large crowd of perennial holdout misunderstood/misquoted wide receivers.

• willedav said, on September 20, 2019 at 8:00 am

I asked one of their fans at meeting few years ago how long they had been in the NFL and how many SBs they had won. Since the answer to second part was 1, I said y’all need to stfu til you can do better than that.

• wilydavve said, on September 20, 2019 at 9:09 am

What I didn’t mention is that the Seahawks have owned the Niners for the last six years and every time we go up to Century Link Field we completely shit the bed. Also, if I had really told my colleagues to stfu about trophies that are 30 years old I’d be fired in a heartbeat

3. snarkk said, on September 20, 2019 at 8:00 am

They’ll probably have more fans at a Game in Reno compared to at Stanfoo stadium …

4. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2019 at 8:11 am

Harbaugh in all his brilliance shied away from drafting Sherman when he had the chance. He’s the Draymond Green of football. Fans should be thrilled he’s on our team. He’s the smartest gut out there.

• alleykat69 said, on September 20, 2019 at 8:18 am

He’s like a Deion Sanders,easy to hate but glad you have him on your team.Deion did help the 49ers Win a SB..

5. gianthead said, on September 20, 2019 at 8:13 am

Hopefully not betting on the Cardinal…😘

6. alleykat69 said, on September 20, 2019 at 8:15 am

Let’s hope Stanford does a better job then UNR did against Oregon losing 77-6 ouch! Though that game was in Oregon, they are 2-1 for the season beating Purdue&WeberSt at home..

7. willedav said, on September 20, 2019 at 8:31 am

I will give Shaw props for NOT scheduling cupcake non conference games. I really hate to see that nonsense and there’s way too many of them in first few weeks. Alabama plays NM St.? wtf

8. chipower9 said, on September 20, 2019 at 8:51 am

Agree on Sherman. Easy guy not to like…unless he is on your team. Even though he is older, he is a smart football player.

Well, I have no money on the game. I run a weekly college pool (against the spread), 12 games. Oregon – Stanford is one that I included this week. I laid the points and took the Ducks, even though I cannot stand Oregon.

And on Alabama and their schedule. Pathetic. They fucking suck in that regards. I think they play Girl Scout Troop 107 next week.

Stop the Chop. Can the Core. Play the Kids. Go Giants!

9. alleykat69 said, on September 20, 2019 at 9:13 am

B/R has some pictures of 12 Giant rookies all dressed up as cops in shorts ready to board on their flight from Boston to Atlanta! Hilarious 😆Good cop Bad Cop scenario Chris Shaw/Jaylin Davis! (Their calling it Reno 911)
    Another move by the Veteran players to get a laugh out of the rookies!

10. Flavor said, on September 20, 2019 at 9:54 am

SHerman is just like Draymond Green. Everyone hates him unless he’s on your team.

• unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2019 at 10:46 am

Nope. There are a lot of 49er fans that still hate him. which is stupid.

11. Macdog said, on September 20, 2019 at 10:27 am

I missed the Giants’ attempted comeback yesterday, so just going by the play-by-play. I know it’s not worth getting worked up over these final meaningless games, but . . .

9th inning bases loaded no out down 5-3 — and Bochy pinch-hits Craw for Dubon, who was 1-2 with 2 walks and 2 runs, all because a righty was coming in. Predictably, Craw struck out (so did next batter Yaz). C’mon, man, let Dubon hit. We know what Craw is likely to do there. Dubon needs to get a chance in that kind of late-game AB as much as possible, if for no other reason than he might be in that situation sometime next season when the games maybe matter again.

• alleykat69 said, on September 20, 2019 at 10:37 am

Yep, totally agree MacDog.
      I won’t miss Bochy with his vet preference hunches that don’t pan out.Dubon has earned his AB’s so let him play in all situations..

• chipower9 said, on September 20, 2019 at 11:58 am

Agree, Mac. One of the things about Bochy that has driven me crazy, and that I will not miss.

12. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2019 at 10:50 am

It does put a damper on his retirement to see him manage these games with nothing but the core on his mind.

You’d think those old farts would want the rest . . .

13. zumiee said, on September 20, 2019 at 12:15 pm

“There are a lot of 49er fans that still hate him. which is stupid.”

Well, sometimes it needs to be more than just rooting for laundry. Sure, the vast majority of time, it IS rooting for laundry, I fully accept that. But once in a great while, it needs to not always be about rooting for laundry. His level of disrespect and trash-talking to and about the Niners, after some really painful moments for Niner fans is just going to be an issue for some of us. I really look forward to the day when he’s off the Niners. I see him as being a lot like Ray Lewis. Fake leadership with all the screaming and whatever. I remember a Ravens player saying later that he never understood a single thing from Lewis’ screaming incoherent pre-game pep-talks.

• zumiee said, on September 20, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Sherman and Lewis both have a good eye for where the TV camera is.

14. zumiee said, on September 20, 2019 at 12:18 pm

I HAVE to like him now because he’s on my team?
    No, I don’t.

• chipower9 said, on September 20, 2019 at 1:42 pm

Nope. Not from my perspective. I don’t “like him,” but I appreciate that he is still a damned good football player, and can still contribute on the field, and also in teaching the youngsters the inner workings of the game. Same is true for me with Deion Sanders. I was never a big fan of the guy, but sure as hell liked how he helped my team win a super bowl.

15. alleykat69 said, on September 20, 2019 at 12:50 pm

The one time when Sherman really got under my skin was when after the 49er game on Thanksgiving at Levi,he and a few other jerkoff Seahawks decided to eat some Turkey 🦃 on the field during the postgame..
    That was so fucking disrespectful to the 49ers, the fans, and to me personally ruining my appetite watching at home!!

16. chipower9 said, on September 20, 2019 at 1:43 pm

Fucking “core heavy,” AGAIN. This is one area in which I will be glad to see Bochy sail off on his fishing boat.

1. Mike Yastrzemski (L) RF
    2. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    3. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    4. Stephen Vogt (L) C
    5. Kevin Pillar (R) CF
    6. Alex Dickerson (L) LF
    7. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    8. Mauricio Dubon (R) 2B
    9. Tyler Beede (R) P

17. alleykat69 said, on September 20, 2019 at 2:00 pm

Patriots release “LOSER” Antonio Brown!
    Let’s see, not only many women coming forward with rape charges, theirs the let me freeze my feet off, helmet scape,and a lawsuit from a doctor for 11K he refused to play and on top of that he farted numerous times in the doctor’s face!! What a childish scumbag!!
    Maybe he should go on suicide watch now!!

18. zumiee said, on September 20, 2019 at 2:35 pm

I guess I didn’t dislike Deon Sanders as much as some here. He’s an annoying conceited character, too; but I didn’t really dislike him when he was with the Falcons. He was a total jerk for throwing water on Tim McCarver, but I don’t like McCarver’s broadcasting, so that didn’t really ruin Sanders for me. He came in as the final piece for that ’94 Niner team to win the Super Bowl. It bugged me that he helped Dallas win a Super Bowl the next season, but Dallas offered more money. That’s on the Niners for not beating Dallas’ offer.

19. alleykat69 said, on September 20, 2019 at 5:07 pm

So why is Ryan Voglesong in the dugout?
    Does Bochy feel he doesn’t have enough “CORE” players sitting to talk too??My god it’s beyond ridiculous now..

20. snarkk said, on September 20, 2019 at 5:41 pm

Seems that winning games isn’t a particular priority at this point. Let the schmalz and reminiscing roll. And core…

21. Flavor said, on September 20, 2019 at 5:47 pm

I agree totally with unca chuck, having Sherman on the field is huge.

22. snarkk said, on September 20, 2019 at 5:54 pm

Now that he’s got the 2000, Boch should just let Wotus and Bam Bam run the games, on and off, rest of season. Closest they’ll come to managing the Giants…

23. snarkk said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:02 pm

Looks like tonight one team showed up, and the other one did not…

24. alleykat69 said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:07 pm

Can Lopez just shut is trap! Down 6-0 in of 7 with only Yaz a couple of spaced out hits,he really thinks their a hit are 2 away of making this a ballgame..Lol 🤣🤣🤣

• djloo27 said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Fleming constantly does that shit.
      A couple of 3 run jacks and the Giants are right back in this thing…

25. Flavor said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:08 pm

AtSJ airport. 8 TV’s in bar. Zero Giants games. There is some dumbass car race on 3 of them. This area is so lame.

• willedav said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:26 pm

great football game USC vs. Utah. Man 7-7 already in 2 possessions.
      Utes TD scored by running back named Devante a cool name.
      Trying to get my friend’s son (half Japanese married last summer to Filipina gal stationed at Moffett) to name his kid something like that (which Mrs. ain’t going for but). Akira Devante or DeShawn…A D…Redskins had running back named A D Whitfield.

• willedav said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:27 pm

Now 14-7. 3 possessions 3 TDs.

• djloo27 said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:31 pm

You might remember my all-time fave…

26. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:21 pm

You know it sucks when you are getting skunked by Snuffleupagus.

27. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:31 pm

AK, that whole thing was staged by ABC. It’s not like they just came up with that idea.

Zumie, you like Deion but not Sherman? Deion was a grandstanding me-first hotdog. I thought he was fun, because for the longest time, the NFL WAS the No Fun League, but his whole persona of bling, greed, party-boy following the green was very off putting when he calls himself a spiritual guy who is close to God. And his working for Dez Bryant as an agent while working for NFL Network was a huge crock of shit.

Sherman is merely outspoken. I liked how Crabtree handled that playoff game when Sherman was jawing at him, because that’s how it should have been handled. But Sherman is a lock for the hall of fame. He’s destined to be a head coach, or GM should he choose to do that.

28. djloo27 said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:35 pm

A little surreal…

• willedav said, on September 20, 2019 at 7:03 pm

saw him play for the Reds at Stick, he could play baseball too.
      Loo Mad Mag used to run funny things with name Bitsko.
      I do remember a college player in a A/S game done by Lindsey Nelson named Mickey Bitsko.

29. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm

I laughed like hell when Deion showered McCarver. Sanctimonious piece of shit that he was.

Another great name . . .

ssix

• djloo27 said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:39 pm

He appeared on an episode of “The Odd Couple”…

• alleykat69 said, on September 20, 2019 at 7:02 pm

Also in the Longest Yard..

• djloo27 said, on September 20, 2019 at 7:08 pm

Best line from Longest Yard:
        “Look what we have here – a miniature cop!”

30. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2019 at 6:42 pm

Seriously. The Giants have 3 hits and 2 outs left and we need to get it going, Javy?

31. Flavor said, on September 20, 2019 at 7:33 pm

6-0. Man, whatever, I’m immune to this shit at this point. Hey this is the thread for the weekend just fyi

32. Flavor said, on September 20, 2019 at 7:36 pm

My college football bets considering point spreads. Feel free to go oppo to make $: Mississippi, Michigan, Oregon, Tulsa, Texas Am, Georgia, airforce, byu.

• Flavor said, on September 20, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Yes, in order of importance

33. zumiee said, on September 20, 2019 at 9:11 pm

The big TV event of this past week and next week is the Ken Burns history of country music documentary on PBS. Very interesting history of a fascinating cast of characters. Very insightful comments from some current musicians, too.

• zumiee said, on September 20, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Marty Stuart has emerged as the equivalent of Shelby Foote in Burns’ Civil War documentary series. So insightful that Burns gives them lots of screen time. I’m a big Stuart fan.

34. zumiee said, on September 20, 2019 at 9:20 pm

The Giants were quietly eliminated from the playoffs.

• willedav said, on September 20, 2019 at 9:28 pm

mm so ATL should get whoever wins the NL Central, with home field advantage right? WC teams will play 1 game and then winner gets LA. Not a bad set up for Braves.

35. alleykat69 said, on September 20, 2019 at 9:33 pm

Damm we kept the Dogpile from clinching in LA, but couldn’t keep the Braves from celebrating theirs at home.Of course with Beede not showing up along with the offense(except for Yaz) it was an easy call with Bochy’s old timers game LU..

36. zumiee said, on September 20, 2019 at 11:19 pm

The Patriots’ owner pulled the plug on Antonio Brown.
    He only had 1 game in Patriots laundry.

• alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2019 at 7:53 am

Kraft is just as much a lowlife as Brown is.Then theirs that “Snake Venom Salesman” Roger Goodell who sits back waiting for what the Patriots were going to do, cause he has no cojones to act on his own.Roger:Geez this is another mess I don’t want to deal with, believe the accusations?believe my star player who makes us more tv money 💰 etc?
      And if I slap him on wrist and suspend for 6 games or so for rape, when I gave Brady 4 for a deflated football 🏈 fans will be outraged!
      Show some real back bone for once Commish and Suspend him indefinitely, theirs enough other lowlifes in the league that will take his place being scumbags…

37. willedav said, on September 21, 2019 at 8:28 am

beating up on the core is fashionable I get that but no one else has done that much lately either. Dubon 0-3 last night, 2-12 first couple days in Boston plus getting picked off 1b. Davis is 3-24 so far,.125, 3 singles no bombs 1 SB and 2 CS. Dick went 0-4 last night too. Other than Yaz no one showed up last night.

I have no problem getting the new guys as much PT as possible and not worrying about what happens. I would like to see more of Shaw, especially at 1b. But really ST next season will be when things get sorted out in the OF and Giants will have decisions to make.
    Meanwhile Beede continues to not help his cause for spot in 2020 rotation. Schulman talks about how he was, “done in by two bad pitches.” Well in hitters yard on warm night vs. guys like Acuna, you can’t do that.

38. willedav said, on September 21, 2019 at 8:58 am

#10 rated Utah gave up 350 passing yds. to USC third string QB Matt Fink (who had entered transfer portal earlier and withdrew) pressed into action after previous back up Slovis knocked out after first couple plays. SC wins 30-23 despite no running game. See how many of the 6 ranked Pac 12 teams (way too many) survive today.
    Meanwhile Clemson plays NC Charlotte and Bama plays Southern Miss. weak

39. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2019 at 9:19 am

The Bullpen&Starters will be a “MAJOR “over haul for Z to work on next year, lots of question marks.
    I think this guy Burch Smith might have a chance to stick, he’s thrown real good since his callup..
    And of course I’m high on Gustave to hopefully get a shot at closer, he’s been real consistent..

40. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2019 at 10:11 am

Highlight last night was Crawford’s spectacular ketch in foul territory, one of the best plays all season with the amount of ground he had to cover,the slide up against the railing and the backhand grab! Web Gem ESPN Special..

41. snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 10:46 am

When the Raiduhs cut A. Brown I said then I could not figure out why media were saying he got over on Raiduhs, since he ended up in N.England. He gave up essentially $30 million guaranteed with Oakland to get $15 million guaranteed with the Pats. Now, he’s been an idiot to lose that guarantee,too. From $30 million guaranteed if you just show up, to squat for not doing so, is not smart. The guy is an ass, possibly with some real mental issues…

• alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2019 at 11:03 am

He will be broke soon, living under a overpass telling whoever will listen, “I use to be the Greatest “

• alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2019 at 11:06 am

Anybody that intentionally Farts 💨 in a Doctor’s face, yes he’s a mental case..

42. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2019 at 11:11 am

Lol ..Michigan and Harbaugh getting their asses whooped by Wisconsin 28-0!!
    Cal up 28-13 go Bears!!

43. snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 11:17 am

A few months back on here, I said I would not be surprised if Bochy ended up being the Padres manager next season. This morning, the Pads fired their manager.
    Hmmmm…..

• zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 11:30 am

You have me starting to think it’s possible.

• zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 11:31 am

Bochy will get to keep all the booze he was given.

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 11:56 am

Bochy could want to manage another season to wipe a bad taste out of his mouth from the last 3. Maybe even get his career record to .500 if things went right. Pads need somebody to put their pitching together and right the ship for the future. He’ll certainly have enough wine stocked in for another home season…

• alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2019 at 11:39 am

Well for one thing Bochy would have no choice but to start young guys, Pads don’t have a shitload of CORE players he could use everyday!!

44. zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Harbaugh is so fired after this season. I wonder where he ends up next.

45. zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 12:11 pm

He was fortunate to get out of the game vs. Army with a win.

46. blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2019 at 12:16 pm

Agree with snarkk regarding Bochy having a better chance with the Pads to get back to and over .500 record. Regarding criticism of the core – they’ve stunk for 3 seasons and deserve criticism.

Regarding the perceived lack of criticism toward Dubon, Davis, and other young players, for my part, let me be explicit/clear: If they can’t hang/perform at this level, you can shit can the lot of them after spring training is completed and/or the first month of next season. Then throw the next minor league crop against the wall and see if they stick.

Z wont allow any “Gorkys” to hang around too long. For example, Beede is a lost cause in my opinion. If this dude doesn’t figure it out by end of 1st month next season, sayonara pal.

Look no one said this was going to take one season to turn this battleship around (as San Dog said). I’ve said for the last couple of seasons that this organization was so bad at all levels, that it was going to take at least 3 seasons to correct course. Too bad the old Front Office didn’t act earlier, i.e., it just prolonged the wilderness years.

47. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Unbelievable Finish as CAL holds on at the goal line to Defeat Mississippi 28-20 on the road!
    Coach Wilcox looks like a keeper, hopefully Cal locks him up long term! QB Chase Garber awesome job,4 TD passes!!

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 12:56 pm

Defense is definitely showing itself as strength of the team. Offense with some weird play calls and not great OLine couldnt’ pee a drop in Q4, kept D on field too long; all they needed was a friggin FG to really ice it. 2 min to go, 3rd and 1/2 yard, and they do a shotgun run up the gut, not a simple Qback sneak to get the first down? Dumb. But, previous Bear teams would have given up the tying score at the end, this one didn’t. That’s the D strength. Great game. Despite horrendous radio game call by Starky. He gives a call like he’s blind, or has the worst spotter in the world. I thought it impossible, but he’s getting even worse year by year…

48. zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 2:01 pm

Bochy’s mixing up the lineup today, although Posey batting third is just sad for all involved.

• Macdog said, on September 21, 2019 at 2:04 pm

He’s home in Georgia, so might as well let Posey hit in his usual spot.

49. Macdog said, on September 21, 2019 at 2:25 pm

Just saw this about Harbaugh: Since 2015, Michigan is 0-7 outright as an underdog, the only Power 5 school without a win.

50. chipower9 said, on September 21, 2019 at 2:39 pm

1. Mauricio Dubon (R) SS
    2. Austin Slater (R) 1B
    3. Buster Posey (R) C
    4. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    5. Kevin Pillar (R) CF
    6. Joey Rickard (R) LF
    7. Jaylin Davis (R) RF
    8. C. Adames (S) 2B
    9. Johnny Cueto (R) P

51. Macdog said, on September 21, 2019 at 2:55 pm

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Hmmmm…

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 4:12 pm

Bochy could have said he had no interest, or was retiring once and for all – case closed.
      But, he didn’t…

52. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 3:21 pm

Sometimes people do things just to get away from their families.
    I get that…

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 3:29 pm

Even go to jail…

53. zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 4:54 pm

Posey with the dying quail single, and then Longo with the double-play. The core is in peak core form. 🙂

54. zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Cueto is getting roughed up.
    The Atlanta fans are energetically doing their racist stuff.

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2019 at 5:30 pm

Too many walks. Not going to last much longer if he can’t find the strike zone.

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:03 pm

I can’t stand when Chief fans do that stupid fuckin’ thing either…

55. blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2019 at 5:24 pm

I don’t know too much about this guy Fried, but despite the 4 singles, he’s pitching very efficiently. Amazing that this guy has a 16-6 record with an ERA north of 4, and a relatively high WHIP of 1.37.

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 7:51 pm

I think Denny McLain was 16-6 the year before he won 31…

56. blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2019 at 5:26 pm

Nice play by Dubon. I didn’t think his arm was as strong as he showed there.

57. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2019 at 5:43 pm

Just another game when the Giants get Fried…

58. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:09 pm

Season can’t end soon enough…

59. snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:09 pm

The gap between the quality young talent on these teams is astounding.
    Giants need all of two-three more years of trades and drafts and some of their supposed top minor talent now (Bart, Ramos, etc) to get competitive at the highest levels of MLB…

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:11 pm

60. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:15 pm

It’s 6-0 just like last night.
    Time for Javy to start his, a couple guys on and watch out speech..

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Just a couple of crooked numbers and we’re right back in it…

61. zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:22 pm

Games like this are a reminder to Zaidi of the enormity of the task before him.

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:28 pm

Reconstruction of the South was easier…

62. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:31 pm

Somewhere Bass Baldy cheers…

63. zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Yesterday was the anniversary of the plane crash that killed Jim Croce. Also killed were his lead guitar player, his road manager, his agent, and the pilot. They were supposed to fly out the next day, but Croce made an impulse decision to fly out after the concert that night. Problem, though: the pilot was sleeping in a motel three miles away. The pilot was unable to get a cab, and walked and jogged to the airfield, at one point trying to cut through a cornfield, before finally getting picked up by a police officer and driven to the airfield. When he got there, someone later said he was drenched in sweat and looked like he’d been run over by a truck. The plane took off and never got proper lift-off and crashed into a tree that was just past the runway, over a fence. After the crash it was decided it would be a good idea to cut the tree down, because having a tree there wasn’t a good idea.
    The cause of the crash was ruled to be pilot error.

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:42 pm

If it was a pine tree that would be the ultimate irony…

• zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:43 pm

They couldn’t send a car for the pilot? That’s hard to figure.

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:47 pm

Or at least a tractor…

• zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:51 pm

Yeah. It was in a rural area of Louisiana, I think.

• zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:53 pm

It was the second to last show scheduled for the tour.

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Sorry to say, but it sounds very Louisiana like to have a tall tree just off the airport site smack dab in the middle of the take off pattern…

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 7:08 pm

Blame James K. Polk…

64. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:38 pm

For misery (my friend),
    Cherchez Dubon…

65. snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Buster w/ a robust 1 for 4 to convince Braves why they should not trade for him.
    If we’re lucky he won’t play tomorrow and maybe they’ll forget.
    Else, have Vogt wear a Buster jersey, and hope the Braves don’t notice Buster is batting left handed…

66. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:58 pm

• zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 7:04 pm

That’s actually kind of scary.

67. zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 6:59 pm

Croce and the lead guitar player usually performed as a duo. I think a lot of people that watch these video clips probably don’t know the guitar player was lost in the crash, too. In this TV appearance, there’s a piano player added to the duo.

• alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2019 at 7:11 pm

How ironic it was yesterday, I was in this thrift store yesterday, fumbling thru these old CD’s and I saw Jim Croce’s greatest hits, and bought it for a buck!
      Bad Bad Leroy Brown,I vê got a Name,Photographs &Memories,Car Wash Blues,etc..Good in the 70’s still good today..

• zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Yeah, his songs hold up very well. We’ll never hear other songs he would have written, but in a brief period of time, he was as good a songwriter going at that time as anyone.

68. willedav said, on September 21, 2019 at 7:06 pm

awesome reverse flea flicker for TD for Texas, retakes lead over Okie St.
    Meanwhile Jose St has picked off 4 passes and leads at Arkansas 24-7. Um that kinda stuff in front of home crowd can get SEC coach fired.

69. snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Awesome if SJ State can bump off Arkansas. Usually SJS takes these payday roadies and gets mauled in the process.
    With Cal beating Ole Miss today, that’s a great day for the Bay Area, and not a great day for the SEC…

70. zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 7:33 pm

The Rockies have lost 8 in a row to the Dodgers. That’s pretty pathetic. The rest of the division has to get better. At least the Giants compete well against the Dodgers. That’s something.

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2019 at 7:40 pm

The bar is Limbo low…

71. blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2019 at 8:21 pm

I’m glad that I’m becoming curious/interested in the NBA again, mostly because there’s more than 1 or 2 teams that actually have a shot at the NBA Championship. Just my take, but I think there’s at least a half dozen teams that have a good chance to take the title.

I have zero interest in football, and wont get up to speed on it unless I do a 180 and decide to again, become involved in Fan Duel and Draft Kings. Basketball is an oasis until baseball starts again. Frankly, I’m only interested in the Giants, not giving 2 shits for this bombs away/strike out game that’s being played today. Seriously, does any Flapper like the way the game is being played today??? Is this an X generation thing? Facebook house wives deal? No frickin’ idea . . . I miss stolen bases, hit and run, doubles, triples, pitching gems, pitcher complete games, pitching 200, 250 and 300 innings, etc. I also miss comparing players from the various eras. Who does that now? That was half the fun of baseball chat – comparing players stats from different eras. Forget that shit. You can’t do it.

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 8:32 pm

With ‘ya blade.
      This all or nothing baseball, HR or K, is bad enough, but really bad when your team can’t hit its way out of a wet paper bag, even with juiced balls. I hope Zaidi takes a fire hose to this entire organization and cleans it all out to the extent necessary. Bring in the fences, too, while we’re at it. I like the Dubs’ brand of 3 point baseketball because its so much more exciting and actually shows off skills, compared to that horrendous brand of back it down and shoot turnaround baseline jumpers or go in for a dunk style of baseketball. But, the homer ball we’re seeing here now reduces the amount of skills and actual “baseball activities” we oldsters were used to seeing, and actually playing as youngsters. Throw in all these defensive shifts that take away hits and that the hitters are loathe to try to defeat, and its getting damn near unwatchable, like NFL football. If they bring the DH to the NL in a couple of years, it will be a sad, sad day for baseball…

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Fewer children are playing baseball, but the same is true for football, basketball and soccer. The State of Play 2017 report from the Aspen Institute shows declines for nearly every team sport among participants ages 6 to 12.

Sports is big business, but the leagues at the top of the pyramid can be displaced if they lose the rising generation. It feeds into long-term popularity. So my question is what are kids doing today? Do they just stay in their bedrooms playing video games? I don’t know.

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2019 at 8:50 pm

By the by, in a Gallup poll published Jan. 4, 2018, only 9 percent of U.S. adults picked baseball as their favorite sport. Football dropped from a previous high of 43 percent to 37 percent, while basketball came in second at 11 percent.

72. snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Some caller on post-game radio said why not Bochy to the Cubs, and Bum goes there, too? I thought that was an interesting idea. Cubs look like they are out of the post-season, and if so, Maddon is gone. Cubs have talent, they just need a steady hand, and have the cash to give Bum a big payday. Makes some sense. I’ll still go with Bochy to the Pads…

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2019 at 8:44 pm

This guy, Rod Barajas, the Padres bench coach was a big deal in the minor leagues, winning a couple of Triple A championships. He’s being given a shot as the interim manager for the last dozen or so games. I’d say that him and Maddon have the inside track, if the selection is based upon analytics, as both of them are arguably more adept at it versus Bochy.

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 9:12 pm

That would be funky if Bochy ended up in Chicago and Maddon in Diego.
        Bochy never said specifically that he was retiring from baseball entirely, as far as I can tell from the reports at the time that I looked at. More that he was retiring from the Giants…

73. zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 9:13 pm

Rockies finally beat the Dodgers. Stuck Beuhler with a loss. Cool.

74. snarkk said, on September 21, 2019 at 9:20 pm

SJ State actually came through at end of game, beat Arkansas !
    Love that two West Coast teams give a beating to two SEC teams, even if the SEC squads are pretty much in the lower echelon of the SEC…

75. zumiee said, on September 21, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Video games are huge with the youth of today in a way our generation still doesn’t fully understand; but also just internet in general. Homemade YouTube channels are something I know almost nothing about, but they are huge among the youth. A lot of young people would rather watch those than sports. Sporting events are long and often boring to today’s youth.

• blade3colorado said, on September 22, 2019 at 6:25 am

Excellent point Zum about Sporting events being long, as the average baseball game is way over 3 hours. Numerous studies have indicated that this can’t be sustained insofar as viewership is concerned.