Back Home

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 23, 2019

Been out of the loop, haven’t seen a baseball game in a few days. I see we won yesterday though. Everyone still in on Logan Webb?

One thing we can say about the Niners: they tried hard till the end. They could have packed it in after all those turnovers.

1. willedav said, on September 23, 2019 at 7:43 am

Niners are doing all right; let’s see how they handle Seattle and Rams. Definitely better story than Raiders under Gruden. Caught finish of niners game on radio going to b-ball practice (first of year)–didn’t realize Greg Papa was doing game for them.

Webb’s put himself firmly in mix for spot in rotation to fill some of 162 starts. Wonder if new mgr. would occasionally used openers or bridge guys like other teams are doing now. May see more of this in playoffs

Falling asleep Sat night watching college ball only one I missed was best one–Wazzu and UCLA. Saw the final yesterday morning, 67-63, in regulation. 43 points scored in 4th Q alone Wazzu blew 32 point lead with 6 turnovers and 2 special teams TDs allowed despite 9 TD passes from QB and 700 yds of offense. Chip Kelly finally wins Pac 12 game, Wazzu and ASU out of top 25. And Jose St. beats Arkansas for second W of season after blowing 17 point lead.

2. willedav said, on September 23, 2019 at 7:47 am

Bum is lead story on MLBTR today.
    Was gonna check in and see what deal is with Pads, why they dumped Green and if they would keep the guy currently in there around. Agree with Zum could be lot more turnover of mgrs. I think Mattingly already re upped with Marlins.

3. gianthead said, on September 23, 2019 at 7:52 am

This one is for Loo and others who get in fantasy leagues…I am in the semis of my Yahoo money baseball league and tied heading into the last game of the day on Sunday night with the #1 seed, who owns the tie-break.

The only way I can win the matchup is to either pull ahead or tie one of the stat categories and I am down 2 stolen bases and about 4 strikeouts, but also down 3 RBIs. I had Sano earlier in the afternoon and he hits 2 bombs in his first two at bats but comes to the plate later on with 2 runners on one inning and bases loaded in the next at bat and he comes up with nada. Others like Schwarber and Molina have runners on but no delivery and Kris Bryant goes down with an ankle injury.

The last game is Philly versus Cleveland. If the Cleceland pitcher also gets the win, my opponent will tie my wins category and propel him to victory. The Indians build a comfortable lead and all but insuring a win for his starter and certain fantasy victory even if I could somehow get enough RBIs to tie or take the lead or tie the category.

I’m watching the Sunday night football game and give up on the baseball game and the acknowledgement of defeat. After about an hour, I check the baseball game on my phone and see the Indians ended up scoring 3 more runs. Oh that is interesting…how did they score? And there it is…Yasiel Puig comes up in his last at-bat with the game well in hand with the bases loaded and he knocks in a double and all three runners score and giving me just enough RBIs to tie the category.

But it then dawns on me that shit, if his pitcher got the easy win, I lose in a 4-4 tiebreaker. I look up the pitching stat and the Indians starter (never heard of him before) only went 4 and a third, denting him the needed victory and handing me the semi-final!!! I am in the same boat as last season where I was last in the playoffs, knocked out the #1 seed in the semis and won the championship!!! So I am once again all in to signing one Yasiel Puig as our next right-fielder!!!

• willedav said, on September 23, 2019 at 8:29 am

ah nice going. but keep puig on your fantasy team, not on Giants.
      Saw this in comment on MLBTR—Bochy AND Bum to the Padres. Ouch!
      also that Moises Alou is candidate for Pads job–no idea he was into managing tho I think Felipe is part of their org now.

• alleykat69 said, on September 23, 2019 at 8:57 am

I’m thinking Eric Chavez would be a good fit in San Diego, been putting in his time, players like Machado&Tatis jr could relate to him..
        Heard he’s on a short list for now with Maddon,Giaridi,and possibly Bochy just don’t see it with those 3 but then again, once it’s in your blood forever it’s hard to let go…

4. Flavor said, on September 23, 2019 at 8:31 am

I don’t know why I am being such a bitch about the niners I should celebrate the fact that they’re undefeated. All these wins count and will need them at the end of the season to make the playoffsbout the niners I should celebrate the fact that they’re undefeated. All these wins count and will need them at the end of the season to make the playoffs

• alleykat69 said, on September 23, 2019 at 9:00 am

Maybe cause you can’t get excited by Stanford football, who suck major pole this year..

• Flavor said, on September 23, 2019 at 10:24 am

I’ve accepted there will be some lean years on the Farm for a while. Hoping Shaw gets fired,he sucks.

5. unca_chuck said, on September 23, 2019 at 11:54 am

Harbaugh will be right behind him in the unemployment line. Maybe Stanfoo gets him back. . .

6. unca_chuck said, on September 23, 2019 at 11:59 am

5 years in, and Snappie Khakis can’t buy a big win. They came out of a 2 week break and got stomped by #14 Wisconsin. 35-0 before a couple of late meaningless scores.

7. alleykat69 said, on September 23, 2019 at 12:00 pm

Andre Emmett (37) a star on Bob Knight’s Texas Tech Squad in 2004-2006 and leading scorer lifetime at Tech has died after he was shot outside his car in Dallas..Just more scumbags roaming the streets!
    RIP..Andre

8. unca_chuck said, on September 23, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Wow. Boch right now as Giants manager is at 1050-1050. Be nice if this team could win a few games at home to close out his career.

• Macdog said, on September 23, 2019 at 4:46 pm

Five more wins and he’ll have the Ishikawa-Lincecum combo.

9. Flavor said, on September 23, 2019 at 5:29 pm

lol

10. willedav said, on September 23, 2019 at 8:13 pm

3 teams Niners have played so far are combined 1-8 so there is that. Second half of season will be tough. Seems like D is much better overall and might be able to stop opposing teams when game is on line. I like the running backs, but no more putting ball on the ground. If teams are going to take away Kittle others like Gary Pettis kid Dante have to step up and the G has to find them (and not the DBs on other team).

Funny that Seachickens legion of poof D lost again to back up QB yesterday for NO, just like Mullens beat them here end of last season.

11. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 23, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Craig, to answer your question, yep, I’m all in on Logan Webb. Why not. Didn’t Stanford have a great female volleyball player named Logan? Forget her last name. I was working there on the Farm while she was playing. What does an all-star university volleyball player do for a career after graduating, I wonder….