Oakland Ants

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 3, 2019

Mid way through last night’s thrashing I texted my A’s fan buddy and said “A’s coming up ant-small.” He texted back, “smaller.”

If you’re an A’s fan you have to be getting tired of this stuff. They have legit talent sprinkled up and down the line up. They have some of the livest arms in either league. And they get to the post season and it all goes out the window.

Again, we don’t spend enough time thanking the baseball Gods for what they bequeathed us in 2010, 2012 and 2014. Never the best team…..until the end.

1. djloo27 said, on October 3, 2019 at 6:33 am

Awesome last line, Flavor…

• djloo27 said, on October 3, 2019 at 6:35 am

Morrison will be screaming the last 3 words in my head all day…

2. zumiee said, on October 3, 2019 at 6:59 am

3 years ago, Loo looking absolutely awesome, representing the Flap at a Giants playoff game.

• djloo27 said, on October 3, 2019 at 8:20 am

Thanks, Zum.
      What a great night that was.
      And the thread made me feel like a celebrity…

3. gianthead said, on October 3, 2019 at 7:03 am

I’m not ashamed to say glad they lost…now let’s go Nats…mfers…

• Flavor said, on October 3, 2019 at 7:11 am

Feels like nats come into SmelLA with a lot of momentum, no pressure, if I could get on this gm I’d take the ML Nats

4. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2019 at 8:04 am

Hope so. I don’t even want the the Dogs to smell the series.

5. snarkk said, on October 3, 2019 at 8:52 am

A’s now have lost 9 straight “elimination” games.
    In the 3 in 5 stretch, what was the stat, SF won 11 straight post season SERIIES?
    Maybe Melvin needs Boch as bench coach?…

6. alleykat69 said, on October 3, 2019 at 8:55 am

I’ll root for the Rays going forward, yeah it’s a long shot but it would be cool to see Matt Duffy get a chance for a ring, along with shrinking that never won a W/S list down to 6…

7. Macdog said, on October 3, 2019 at 9:16 am

Mets have fired Callaway.

• djloo27 said, on October 3, 2019 at 9:50 am

Surprised? I think I am…

• Macdog said, on October 3, 2019 at 10:06 am

From 77 to 86 wins, so in that respect, I guess so. But every Mets fan I know can’t stand the guy.

• Flavor said, on October 3, 2019 at 10:05 am

I can’t believe he made it thru the year. That team hugely underperformed

• djloo27 said, on October 3, 2019 at 10:10 am

His closer didn’t help him any and as someone said on the radio where the fuck was his supposedly brilliant B.C. Riggelman when he was making so many dumb mistakes?

• Macdog said, on October 3, 2019 at 10:58 am

Yeah, Diaz gave up 15 HRs, that’s astoundingly bad. Even worse was Callaway kept turning to him.

8. alleykat69 said, on October 3, 2019 at 10:05 am

He can always get a job as a spokesperson for Callaway golf…

9. Flavor said, on October 3, 2019 at 10:51 am

From my side of the country it looked like this guy was trying to get fired. Either that or he was incompetent.

10. Flavor said, on October 3, 2019 at 11:04 am

Just re-reading my headline for today and patting myself on the back. That was a good one.

11. alleykat69 said, on October 3, 2019 at 11:26 am

Yes Flavor you nailed it my man!
    Looking forward to another choke job by the Dogpile as well! That’s my most enjoyment when they have their Nancy Kerrigan moment “Why Why Why” It will be 31 years and counting suckers!

• Macdog said, on October 3, 2019 at 11:33 am

Agree, and it works on multiple levels.

12. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Yep, the Ants and the GI-ants.

13. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Great pic . . .

boch-tim

• djloo27 said, on October 3, 2019 at 1:21 pm

I wonder what Tim’s doing with his right hand…

• alleykat69 said, on October 3, 2019 at 2:02 pm

Not sure but it looks like Bochy’s getting off more..

14. Stan Shell said, on October 3, 2019 at 2:34 pm

Chuck, why so hard on Joe Madden? The team and the fans loved him in TB. he’s great with younger players, etc. Other than this year he didn’t do too bad with the Cubs either.

• Flavor said, on October 3, 2019 at 5:17 pm

he completely fucked up with a loaded Cubs team this season. He makes too much money, he’s a dinosaur at this point. Can’t see Z going this direction….

• djloo27 said, on October 3, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Even the year he won it all with the Cubs, there were a couple of colossal fuck-ups that almost cost them the series. I don’t remember what they were…

• unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2019 at 6:58 pm

Maddon nearly killed Chapman in the playoffs. He was dogshit with his pen.

15. alleykat69 said, on October 3, 2019 at 5:48 pm

Melonface chokes another big moment!
    2 run double allowed 5-3 Cards.,

16. alleykat69 said, on October 3, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Make that 2 more runs off of Melanoma on another double as the fans want to scalp him with their tomahawks..

17. Macdog said, on October 3, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Yikes, Melonhead!

18. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 3, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Speaking of horrible pitching…. sheesh, just give the game to LA why don’t you…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 3, 2019 at 7:49 pm

Nevermind, I misread the MLB thing, thought Nats pitchers had walked in another run. Probably not going to matter anyway.

• blade3colorado said, on October 3, 2019 at 7:49 pm

Just my take, but Corbin’s doing well being down only 2 runs, with 9 SOs in 6 innings . . . Yes, he’s escaped some hairy jams (too many walks), but overall, being down 2 runs after 6 innings isn’t bad.

19. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2019 at 8:45 pm

Bad night for ex-Giants relievers. Melonhead wears the loss, the blown save, and a 36.00 ERA. Stricknyne gives up 2 bombs.

20. zumiee said, on October 3, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Melancon and Strickland, lulz.

21. Macdog said, on October 3, 2019 at 8:58 pm

NFC West update: Zuerlein misses 44-yard FG and Seahawks hold on for win.

22. zumiee said, on October 3, 2019 at 9:03 pm

I was driving tonight, and couldn’t find baseball playoffs on the radio; but I found the regular season NFL game.

• Macdog said, on October 3, 2019 at 9:08 pm

This is an annual rant for me. Couldn’t find last night’s game on any local radio from NYC or Philly, finally found an AM station from Buffalo that had the game.

• zumiee said, on October 3, 2019 at 9:19 pm

Baseball has a problem.

23. blade3colorado said, on October 3, 2019 at 9:47 pm

Actually Mac and Zum, I think it has to do with the 100s of TV, internet and Radio channels available on Cable, Satellite, Satellite radio (Sirius), AM, FM, etc. Sheesh, try to find anything today without a guide. It’s practically impossible.

Back in the old days for example, you had two choices for SF Giants – channel 2 on TV or KNBR 680 on radio. That’s it. It was a lot easier to find shit.

24. mrsprtdude said, on October 3, 2019 at 9:59 pm

Lame Dodger game. Go Nats! Strausberg on short rest a bad paln. I don’t have a better one, but think LA cruises to WS now:(

25. mrsprtdude said, on October 3, 2019 at 9:59 pm

plan not pain

26. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2019 at 10:27 pm

Well, it took a while to find the play in baseball games that’s for sure.

27. willedav said, on October 4, 2019 at 7:57 am

great re post from Zum on gillaspie bomb game. That was fantastic just to see last page of 450 posts and of course Loo live and in person.
    Watched some of Rays-A’s from Vegas. Great team bright future yada yada but stfu until you can at least win a playoff game. Old man Morton out pitched their kid ace and their lead off hitter outhomered their entire team. They had it all set up, home game full yard…they are the Karl Malone of baseball unable to deliver.

28. alleykat69 said, on October 4, 2019 at 8:24 am

I didn’t like the choice of Manaea a rookie in a one game go home start, then again who else Mike Fiers? Their starting pitching without a true #1 was their downfall..
    Yeah Karl Malone “The Uncle Tom” of Utah could never deliver the mail even with John Stockton at point guard and Jerry Sloan coaching them,kinda of disappointing for the Jazz and their fans…