“Cole’d Dissed”

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 6, 2019

If you were watching Gerrit Cole last night and thinking to yourself, “Man, this guy is dominant” you were right:

Screenshot 2019-10-06 at 7.17.04 AM

What is the deal with the Twins? They look like the worst team in the league. How the heck do you lose 15 post season games in a row? You have to be at least better than decent to make the post season. And then you lose 15 in a row? That is, consistently, a weak minded team….

1. willedav said, on October 6, 2019 at 7:44 am

I’ll say it again, what Ron Darling said in 2 different books I read–Good (key word) pitching beats good hitting.
    I was pretty sure the Twins weren’t going anywhere despite all the bombs they hit in regular season and Yanks fan I talked to in Vegas was worried about their power too.. But they are team with too many hitters young and inexperienced in playoff baseball.
    Let’s hope team that led the NL in HRs has same fate.

Flav props to Stanford for whipping former 15th ranked UW. Back up QB throws for 300 yds and they run for 200 more, 150 by Scarlett and dominated time of possession. End of the season Pac 12, which couple weeks ago had 6 teams in top 25, might be down to 1 and nowhere near playoffs. Bunch of slightly above average teams beating up on each other.

• Flavor said, on October 6, 2019 at 7:46 am

yes, unexpected win. The Pac 12 is terrible.

2. willedav said, on October 6, 2019 at 7:53 am

Walking out of Mandalay Bay casino after dinner in the Shark Reef with a guy from Atlanta about my age, he holds up his right hand and says, “this hand once shook hands with Hank Aaron.” I asked him if Aaron still showed up to games and mentioned that Willie Mac often did before he passed even if it was in his wheelchair.
    Should have mentioned Mac wore #44 in honor of Aaron.
    The Milo Hamilton call on Aaron’s record breaking #715 is just one of baseball great moments.

3. unca_chuck said, on October 6, 2019 at 8:55 am

That Timmy game was the 1-0 defeat of Atlanta. One of the most dominant pitching performances I’ve seen.

15ks iirc.

• Flavor said, on October 6, 2019 at 9:01 am

I was thinking about that gm as I watched Cole blow guys away. And then I saw that stat this morning

• zumiee said, on October 6, 2019 at 9:05 am

My memory of it is 14 Ks, but I haven’t looked it up.

4. willedav said, on October 6, 2019 at 10:41 am

Raiders might really have something in Josh Jacobs.

5. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2019 at 11:10 am

Bob Gibson’s 17K’s in the World Series 1st game is still the best I’ve seen as a kid.He just dominated the Tigers!! The dude was flat out filthy ..

6. willedav said, on October 6, 2019 at 11:16 am

wow Bears look more like Munsters than Monsters of Midway.

7. unca_chuck said, on October 6, 2019 at 11:58 am

Raiders a stone cold lock until they pitch the ball to no one and gift the Bears a TD.

• willedav said, on October 6, 2019 at 11:59 am

yes. Now Daniels (!) leads them all the way down field, 12 plays 89 yrds, for a TD, 17-14. Ballgame now.

8. unca_chuck said, on October 6, 2019 at 12:08 pm

Then the Raiders go 3 and out and give up a 71 yard punt return.

• willedav said, on October 6, 2019 at 12:11 pm

surprised how far away any Raider was when he first caught it.
      And now Bears score another TD. What a quarter.

9. willedav said, on October 6, 2019 at 12:09 pm

71 yd punt return, with no flags. Bears in business again.

10. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Raiders are playing like the Bad New Bears of the 1st half now..

11. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2019 at 12:25 pm

And now the bumbling Raiders fumble on the 1 yard line as they were about to take the lead..

12. unca_chuck said, on October 6, 2019 at 12:37 pm

This is what will kill the NFL. A clean hit on the QB results in a pick. But no, you can’t complete the play because the lineman can’t magically change his trajectory in mid-tackle. I swear they should just make touching the QB illegal. What can a defender do in that situation? Fucking stupid.

13. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2019 at 12:37 pm

That call stunk! Freaking refs blew a pick for Raiders!
    Chucky going ballastic and you can’t blame him, clearly not roughing the passer…

14. willedav said, on October 6, 2019 at 12:49 pm

that last pass though is why I can’t stand Carr. 3rd and 8 and he throws 2 yd pass to a guy completely covered by 2 defenders.

15. willedav said, on October 6, 2019 at 12:53 pm

Hey Chuck—Dana McLemore’s son Daylin is having fine season at QB for Serra. They are 6-0, one of top teams in NorCal and in first place in WCAL.

16. unca_chuck said, on October 6, 2019 at 3:18 pm

Yeah, saw they beat the Belles 37-0 Friday night. I don’t think they scored 37 points combined in my 4 years there.

17. Pasalon said, on October 6, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Mark my words everyone. Matt Duffy to do something interesting in Game 3.

• Flavor said, on October 6, 2019 at 4:08 pm

Like take a cool panoramic photo with his iPhone from the bench?

18. Pasalon said, on October 6, 2019 at 4:10 pm

Duffy rocks an Android phone just like you. Everyone knows that, Flava.

19. Macdog said, on October 6, 2019 at 4:34 pm

If vintage Timmy could pitch in a 2019 playoff game vs. today’s strikeout-happy hitters, he’d still be at the top of that list.

20. Macdog said, on October 6, 2019 at 5:15 pm

Juan gone!

21. zumiee said, on October 6, 2019 at 6:12 pm

Kendrick is just a rally-killer. Should’ve had him sac bunt. Nats manager has me concerned.

• Macdog said, on October 6, 2019 at 6:23 pm

He’s not very good at 1B, either.

22. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2019 at 6:32 pm

I know this is a stupid question, but it’s been bugging me all year. Why does Justin Turner always have rubbed in dirt are pine tar residue across his Turner letters all year long?

• Flavor said, on October 6, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Because he’s a total fucking douchebag?

23. zumiee said, on October 6, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Friese goes to right field a lot, but the Nats play him in a shift to the left. OK…..

24. zumiee said, on October 6, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Well, at least the Nats won one game. That was more than I was expecting.

25. Macdog said, on October 6, 2019 at 6:58 pm

I guess Martinez didn’t notice that Corbin had nothing when he couldn’t get out Russell Martin.

26. Macdog said, on October 6, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Time to put on the football game.

27. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Agree Turner is a doucebag!
    I did discover other people asked that same question and it’s supposedly cause he’s limber and his swing takes his bat all the way to his left shoulder blade and the pine tar causes the mark.Also he could be doing it in the on deck circle prior to batting, either way he’s a doucebag..Another guy that had the same mark all season long was Robinson Cano..

28. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2019 at 7:30 pm

What an idiot is Kendrick!

29. Macdog said, on October 6, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Yep, Zum, Kendrick sure is a rally-killer.

30. zumiee said, on October 6, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Nats have a dookie bullpen.

31. blade3colorado said, on October 6, 2019 at 7:50 pm

Nats dumb-assed their way out of that potential rally. How in the fuck do you turn a sacrifice fly into a double play?

Sheesh, I was beginning to think that Rodney was a long lost cousin of Kendrick.

32. zumiee said, on October 6, 2019 at 8:26 pm

Strickland, lulz. What can you do but lulz.

33. blade3colorado said, on October 6, 2019 at 8:47 pm

Dodgers are not going to have any problems with gnats.

• zumiee said, on October 6, 2019 at 8:50 pm

And I don’t see much resistance in the next round either. It’s going to be up to the Astros or Yankees.

• blade3colorado said, on October 6, 2019 at 8:52 pm

I am more impressed with the Nationals fans. They really hung in there far longer than I would have expected. GH feel free to comment.

34. blade3colorado said, on October 6, 2019 at 8:51 pm

RIP Ginger . . . great drummer on Cream.

35. mrsprtdude said, on October 6, 2019 at 8:53 pm

Managers over managing in the playoffs. Again. Only a few guys (Eck, Smoltz, BUM, Schuerzer et all) can instantly be a starter then a reliever. The common thread is these guys are GREAT. Not everyone can do it.