Niners Beat Cleveland Down. Again.

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 8, 2019

After living through decades of success with my Niners it was shocking to hear that this is the first time they’ve started a season 4-0 since 1990. Twenty nine years? How old am I?

The Minnesota Twins are just an embarrassment. I didn’t think pitching would lead them to advancing, their pitching is bad, but where were the bats? All season long they blast the ball out of the park and then they get on the national stage and do THAT? Crazy.

I hate to admit this but I’m starting to like the Cardinals. It felt dirty just to type that.

1. zumiee said, on October 8, 2019 at 6:26 am

2. gianthead said, on October 8, 2019 at 6:53 am

At some point that MN outdoor stadium was going to cool off those jacked up juiced ball hitting Twins…can the little Gnats pull this off???

3. chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 7:45 am

FORTY FUCKING NINERS! Not a perfect game…certainly some areas to shore-up, but what a dominating performance in the run game, and D line.

Team MUST address long-snapper (already on their third one) and the holder for placekicks. Run D could have been better and pass game can stand to improve too, but overall, what a beatdown.

And while being an Oklahoma college football fan, I loved Bosa’s fag plant! Smoke that Baker. Also heard that Bosa is the first Niner D lineman to record two sacks, create a forced fumble, and to have a fumble recovery in 25 years.

Also I heard that Juszczyk has a sprained knee. Hope that it is nothing serious, as he is such an important cog to the offense. Are the Niners for real. You bet your sweet ass they are!

• nickbosssssa said, on October 8, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Chi power, don’t call me a flag. What kind of homophobic baseball blog is this?

4. chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 7:47 am

Sad that the Twins pissed down their leg. I really thought they would have a better showing against the Evil Empire, East Coast version.

So, can the Natty Nats go to smell A and steal one?

And go Redbirds! Stop the Chop!

5. chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 8:06 am

So, next week is it time for a reboot? Silence of the Lambs, Part II…

I hope the Niners kick the living dog shit outta the fucking Lambs…

• willedav said, on October 8, 2019 at 9:36 am

Ha. couple Ls already for LA, very cool. Niners have 2 each with LA and Seattle, plus Balt GB and the Saints.
      Also some games they should win vs. ATL Skins and Carolina along with 2 with Cards. Wonder how many Ws they can get? Winning division would be awesome.

6. willedav said, on October 8, 2019 at 8:55 am

I think this is advantage of only having to win 3/ go 5 games vs. LA. one more good pitching outing from Stras and they’ve got them. Longer series more weaker guys especially out of pen would seem to give better hitting team like LA more opportunities to rake and smash bombs.

• chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 9:06 am

Agree, WillieD. Hope that Stras and the Natty Nats can close out the bums. That would be SWEET!

• Flavor said, on October 8, 2019 at 9:35 am

I would find it more hilarious than sweet but either way, let’s “Nat er done”

• chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 10:02 am

Yes Flav, Hilarious, too!

7. willedav said, on October 8, 2019 at 9:40 am

Ozuna with 2 more bombs yesterday. Should Giants be interested? What it would cost them for say 3 yrs?

• chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 10:05 am

I wanted Ozuna last time he was a free agent (Miami?). Fucking dude is bad ass. I would LOVE to have him. So fuck yeah, make a run at him! I like the three years.

He made 9 mil in 2018 and 12.5 mil last year.

Three years 42-45 mil.

8. willedav said, on October 8, 2019 at 10:04 am

Z talks with Hank in Chron about adding power hitters to LU but I’d be surprised he went after an expensive guy like Ozuna.
    I still don’t think Giants big problem is $$…it’s lack of good enough talent, especially on IF. Dubon will help but 1b and either 2b or SS still have be addressed.
    The way owners have twisted the game around, drafting a guy like Matt Chapman the A’s only pay him half a mil this season, same with Olson the 1b. Even in arb neither will make close to what their value is.

• chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 11:06 am

I hope Dubon works out long-term as either 2B or SS. Also, probably a couple of years away is Marco Luciano (he was the the top-rated middle-infield prospect on the international market when the Gigantes signed him at 17 years old). I read where scouts considered Luciano the best all-around hitter in the 2018 international crop. But, still a couple years away.

Would be cool to see Luciano and Dubon as a long-term DB combo for the Gigantes in a couple of years. Giants have not developed an international guy since Pablo.

9. chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 10:06 am

And this is one of the ways you pass the time when your team is out of the post season…

Ranking of ballparks. Giants made top 5. Surprised to see PNC in Pittsburgh where it was ranked…

10. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 8, 2019 at 10:34 am

I’d be cool with 3 years for Ozuna but I wonder if he’s someone Zaidi would value. If he can avoid those Chevron cars on the left field fence, his spray chart indicates a good HR fit at Oracle.

11. Flavor said, on October 8, 2019 at 10:48 am

you guys can talk to Daniel and other Cards fans but Ozuna has been largely underwhelming this year leaving a lot of guys on base and not coming through in the clutch. I wanted him a couple years ago, not now…..

12. blade3colorado said, on October 8, 2019 at 11:03 am

Chi, thanks for sharing that Stadium list, albeit, I have no idea what the author is talking about. For example, most lists had PNC Park as number 1 or number 2. Now the park is 13th? That’s bullshit. Same deal with our ballpark, which this moron has as #5. Come on . . . I’ve been to Yankee stadium and no way, no how, that place is ranked in front of Oracle at #3, much less any other park in the top 10. I also wasn’t too impressed with Fenway Park at #2 . . . It’s a dump near a highway and the seats are made for children. Additionally, there are very poor sight lines in numerous spots (including the area where Chi and I were sitting).

I do want to visit Wrigley Field and see if the $550 million remodel was well spent. Additionally, I want to see San Diego’s stadium and the Twins new digs – both seem very cool.

Ozuna? No fucking way. Like Flav said, that ship passed maybe 2 or 3 seasons ago.

• alleykat69 said, on October 8, 2019 at 11:39 am

Yeah Blade your so right about Fenway.
      The seats were built for midgets, I visited the place once and the whole row has to get up with a groan on their face if you need to go to the head are get a beer are food.Its all about nostalgia there nothing else same goes with Wrigley I’m sure..(I did enjoy the bar atmosphere around Fenway park, the patrons were cool and definitely into RedSox nation with their accents and knowledge)
      And the Giants being 5th? Who’s coming up with this shit?East coasters?(sorry East Flappers) but it’s BS!!
      And how is Pittsburgh’s stadium so low at 13? Beautiful park second to Oracle and Camden Yards is a nice stadium too..

• chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 12:53 pm

YW, Steve. I agree. That author must be smoking some really good shit…most lists I read has PNC as #1, MAYBE #2. That is a ballpark that is on my bucket list. Maybe a swing to Wrigley and PNC next year…

Agree on YankMee Stadium. You and I were there in ’16, and NO FUCKING WAY that is a better baseball yard than Pac Bell.

I have a nephew who lives in San Diego and is a big baseball fan (A’s – oh well). I plan to go down with my daughter next year to catch some Giants games there. Looking forward to being able to report back to the Flap.

I don’t know guys, re: Ozuna. His BA is down this year, but he still hit 29 bombs and had 89 RBI. I did look at his splits for 2019, and yes, he didn’t perform well with 2 out/RISP, but overall, he was pretty damned good. And his WAR this year was 2.6.

I am not saying definitively sign the guy to a three year deal, but I think he is worth checking-out. Check-out the potential OF free agents next year…it isn’t exactly loaded with big boppers. Ozuna, with his age, has to be one of the top five or so available.

13. unca_chuck said, on October 8, 2019 at 11:04 am

Dogs down to their last game. Oh how cool would this be for them to lose in the divisional round?

Buehler and Strasburg. Hell of a finish. And pretty fucking funny that the Nats trade Harper and go to the series, if that should come to pass.

And any team that stops the chop is fine with me.

• djloo27 said, on October 8, 2019 at 11:34 am

It would keep this place Rooster-free for another year…

• alleykat69 said, on October 8, 2019 at 11:41 am

LOL 😂 so true Loo!
        Time for another LA meltdown, 31 years and counting hopefully!!

• unca_chuck said, on October 8, 2019 at 11:43 am

• chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 12:54 pm

LMAO…Cock-a-Doodle Fucking Doo! I am with ya there, Loo!

• chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 12:55 pm

Good one, Charlie. Always love me some Dead, and especially when it is related to the potential demise of the bums.

14. Flavor said, on October 8, 2019 at 11:59 am

15. unca_chuck said, on October 8, 2019 at 12:23 pm

I’ll believe this a little more after we beat the Rams.

16. alleykat69 said, on October 8, 2019 at 12:55 pm

Nice spelling Lombardi
    Seahawaks!!

17. chipower9 said, on October 8, 2019 at 3:27 pm

This sucks, but is a relief. I was hearing around lunchtime that the team was thinking he may have a torn MCL.

18. alleykat69 said, on October 8, 2019 at 4:26 pm

It’s a huge loss.Jusczcsk is a damm good lead blocker, that springs these running backs and just a hard nose Fullback(think Tom Rathman) in a dying Fullback league.3straight years in the Pro Bowl tells his worth.Its too bad they had their bye week so damm early, might have helped not having him miss as many games.
    Maybe they go with a few more TE sets to help Brieda&Coleman and Mosert get to the second level..

19. wilcojoe said, on October 8, 2019 at 4:40 pm

What do the analytics say about starting someone on 3 days rest? Can’t be good.

20. wilcojoe said, on October 8, 2019 at 4:41 pm

Judging by Astros fans reaction to Hinch starting Verlander on 3 days rest, he might be available as the Giants next skipper.

21. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 8, 2019 at 5:09 pm

Of course like everyone here would love to see LA knocked out, and Stras is certainly capable of another good performance… I just don’t see Buehler choking this up, at home, and the Nats will be the Nats much of the time when the pressure is on. But maybe they’ve turned some kind of corner and can pull it off.

22. Macdog said, on October 8, 2019 at 6:09 pm

Verlander 3 2/3 IP, yeah, that kinda backfired.

• Flavor said, on October 8, 2019 at 6:58 pm

everyone wants to be Madison Bumgarner….

23. djloo27 said, on October 8, 2019 at 7:29 pm

24. alleykat69 said, on October 8, 2019 at 7:59 pm

And down goes the Astros!
    Nice to ha

• alleykat69 said, on October 8, 2019 at 8:00 pm

have Cole in reserve..But anything can happen in a one game winner takes all..

25. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 8, 2019 at 9:02 pm

Three game 5’s. That’s pretty cool. Didn’t expect Rays to battle Astros like this…