Final Step To The World Series Awaits

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 11, 2019

Bummer about the Rays, they have great heart and are easy to root for with that low payroll, but there was just an inevitability about this you could see from a long way off—Cole’s game 5 start was always lurking, he’s the best pitcher in baseball this year, they just couldn’t fell him.

But did Tampa soften the Astros up at all for New York? I just want to see a good series, I don’t really care who wins although I guess I’m rooting a little bit for Houston.

In the NL this one is easy. Let’s go Cardinals! It’s funny how liking ONE of their fans has me able to support their team. I used to hate St. Louis, man. They also have some easy to like players. And with Washington, I still haven’t expelled the bad taste of Harper. How funny is it that they got RID of that guy but got BETTER? Bryce Harper is a loser, a look-at-me guy, he says he cares about the team and winning but this year was proof that the Nats were better off without him…..

1. djloo27 said, on October 11, 2019 at 6:07 am

Radio clowns here are already saying Yanks have to win in 6 cause Cole can’t be beaten if it goes 7. Anybody know what turned this guy from a very good pitcher to Bob Gibson? No love for Nats out of gratitude for taking out the Bums? Daniel is obviously a great guy but he’s not a long suffering fan. I want the Nats to win it for anyone left in Montreal who still loves them…

• Flavor said, on October 11, 2019 at 6:13 am

when he got to Houston they convinced him to start throwing his 4 seam FB more, a pitch you can throw faster and harder. This has led to all the strikeouts.
      He also might be taking a pound of steroids a day lqtm

• unca_chuck said, on October 11, 2019 at 11:11 am

Hear hear. 1994 was a bitch. For the Expos as well as Matt Williams.

2. Cardinal70 said, on October 11, 2019 at 6:56 am

Personal connections can break down a lot of barriers. Glad to have you on our side for a while!

• chipower9 said, on October 11, 2019 at 7:18 am

Hey Daniel – I have mentioned to you here before that I grew-up in Oklahoma as a huge Redbird fan. I wanted badly to see a Cards/Rays series, but that ship has sailed.

Go Cards, and kick the shit outta whoever comes out of the Jr. Circuit!

3. snarkk said, on October 11, 2019 at 6:59 am

Cardinals are a first rate organization. They rarely have dogmeat years; and Their minors are a continual pipeline of relevant players. Unlike certain teams we know…

4. zumiee said, on October 11, 2019 at 7:08 am

Daniel’s cool, but I’m still no on the Cardinals. Nats vs. Astros is fine with me.

• sandog said, on October 11, 2019 at 7:13 am

Hello Flap Nation! I was having some trouble getting on the site for a while there.

Took the words right out of my mouth Zum. Daniel’s great, but I ain’t rooting for the Cards. Plus I kinda like the Nats—even without my boy Harper—–who I still wish was in orange and black.

5. chipower9 said, on October 11, 2019 at 7:19 am

Happy Friday and a little humor to roll us into the weekend. This is fricking hilarious…what an ass…

• unca_chuck said, on October 11, 2019 at 11:15 am

“The wife couldn’t find the gun.” Dude’s lucky he didn’t get plugged.

I don’t have a doggie door, but I tried to use it anyway. Fuckiong millenials.

• alleykat69 said, on October 11, 2019 at 11:38 am

Freakin hilarious Chi!
      Yeah he said I usually use my front door to get in, and I think 🤔 I don’t have a doggie door, but he’ll it looks like my house? This idiot was totally wasted and good for the homeowners going off, handgun not available, so go with the backup taser plan lol 😂
      It would of been cool if he got stuck in the doggie door, and then they feed him some dog food to sober up with..

6. chipower9 said, on October 11, 2019 at 7:19 am

Cards – Stros. Cards in six.

7. willedav said, on October 11, 2019 at 7:40 am

Unfair to blame Phils demise solely on Harper. Their pitching sucks (11th in league) and he didn’t get lot of help. Nats have much better SPs and guys like Soto and Rendon who each hit 34 bombs and 10 different guys hit at least 10 HRs. they were second in NL for runs and OPS and led league in BA and OB. Team effort led them to plus 150 run differential.
    Interesting battle of mgrs. in NL, couple guys in only their second season and first time getting this far.

• Flavor said, on October 11, 2019 at 8:02 am

wasn’t blaming the Phils demise on Harper. Was crediting the Nats rise to power due to his absence.

8. Macdog said, on October 11, 2019 at 8:17 am

The only team I’m rooting for is the one playing the Yankees, and right now that’s the Astros. I’d probably lean toward the Nats in the NL, but at least the nightmare scenario of a Dodgers-Yanks World Series is no longer possible.

• chipower9 said, on October 11, 2019 at 9:13 am

Hah. Me too, Mac. Just like a Giants fan’s take is “my two favorite teams are the Giants and whoever is playing the Dodgers,” the same can hold true with the Yank-Mees. They are the AL version of the bums, IMO.

9. alleykat69 said, on October 11, 2019 at 8:44 am

I don’t know why after all these years I still can’t see why Houston’s an AL team?
    Yeah I was pulling for Tampa/Nats only cause neither team had won one so as Chi mentioned that ship has sailed, plus MLB would of hated that series for the usual ratings market.. Nats& Astros for the pitching matchups would be a great Series though, they have the best starting pitching staffs left and I can’t stand the Yanks!!

• djloo27 said, on October 11, 2019 at 2:06 pm

I can’t remember the chain of events that landed Milwaukee in the NL and Houston in the AL…

10. wilcojoe said, on October 11, 2019 at 1:37 pm

The Astros better hope the bats woke up last night or they have no chance against the Yankees. Verlander and Cole won’t be enough and I think Greinke is Kershaw redux when it comes to the post season. I didn’t like the Greinke trade and I think it will cost them a WS. The Astros offense is better than the 2017 squad but they miss having Morton and McCullers as long men in that bullpen in a 7 game series. Hinch has zero faith in his bullpen and I don’t blame him.

11. chipower9 said, on October 11, 2019 at 1:55 pm

Not sure if this has been shared. Bart was tearing it up in the AZ Fall League…

12. zumiee said, on October 11, 2019 at 2:46 pm

I know that Selig, a Milwaukee native, had been on a quest for many years to get the Brewers into the NL because he grew up watching a Milwaukee team in the NL, and he wanted that to happen again. That could be called a conflict of interest in his job as commissioner.

13. zumiee said, on October 11, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Curt Schilling wants to be a manager. I don’t see that happening.

14. alleykat69 said, on October 11, 2019 at 3:00 pm

Yeah Chi I mentioned about Bart’s mishap a few days ago.I hope the guys not cursed, as this is the second time now (both hands) he’s been nailed.Coincidence ? Are should the league be investigated?
    Bart might need to be wear lacrosse gloves soon..

15. gianthead said, on October 11, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Soto winner…Harper loser

16. gianthead said, on October 11, 2019 at 4:18 pm

And forgot to note the comment from Dave Roberts that Kershaw is the pitcher of a generation…fuck no he is not!!!

17. Flavor said, on October 11, 2019 at 4:57 pm

Cardinals tonight. Mostly cause if there’s gonna be a letdown it’s probably the nats after that wild win and it’s in St. Louis so there’s that too

18. gianthead said, on October 11, 2019 at 5:22 pm

I’m going Cards Astros then Astros…

19. alleykat69 said, on October 11, 2019 at 5:37 pm

And then u get an unsung guy Yan Gomes tagging a run scoring double.What makes the game great, on any given moment..

• Flavor said, on October 11, 2019 at 7:43 pm

Atlee Hammaker’s son in law….

20. Bozo said, on October 11, 2019 at 8:33 pm

Go Nats.

21. djloo27 said, on October 11, 2019 at 9:40 pm

It was more fun when the Dodgers were still in it…

22. zumiee said, on October 11, 2019 at 10:23 pm

A Nats/Astros World Series is not great for Nielsen ratings.

23. djloo27 said, on October 12, 2019 at 6:14 am

Of course if it’s Yanks-Cards they can trot out that inane “rematch of 1964” story line as if Boyer and Mantle were still playing. Duran-Leonard II was a rematch. The Bills-Cowboys second Super Bowl was a rematch. If we go to war with England is it a rematch of 1776?

• willedav said, on October 12, 2019 at 8:42 am

’64 Cards, wow. Looked up roster didn’t realize Roger Craig was still pitching and made bunch of starts for them that season.