The Aged Rise Again

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 12, 2019

Old man showdowns today. Scherzer/Waino, Grienke/Tanaka–this is what baseball was like in the olden days like 3-4 years ago. Obviously it appears St. Louis is up against it but this is why baseball is awesome. Wouldn’t surprise me at all in Waino stepped up with a man-like performance. And Grienke is a weirdo but he’s still got something left in that tank. Think both of these games will be super competitive today….

1. unca_chuck said, on October 12, 2019 at 9:12 am

Nats, baby! For the ghost of Gary Carter . . .

2. alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2019 at 9:37 am

Nats win again today for this timeless men of Expos baseball ,Rusty Staub,Coco Laboy ( what a great name!)Steve Renko, and my favorite who played with the Giants too Catcher John Boccabella,when the PA announcer at the Stick stretched out his name like an Italian opera singer, the Giants crowd all of 3,000 would get up and cheer it was hilarious 😆

• Flavor said, on October 12, 2019 at 9:39 am

John Boccabella, man that is a tight call.

3. djloo27 said, on October 12, 2019 at 11:37 am

Don’t forget Boots Day…

4. alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2019 at 11:48 am

Boots Day! Nice pull Loo
    I had no recollection that Maury Wills played for the Expos and Pittsburgh!
    Wished he stayed with those teams instead of tormenting the Giants for years! Never liked that whiny punk…

5. alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2019 at 3:31 pm

2 games 2 hits Cards are done!

6. djloo27 said, on October 12, 2019 at 4:04 pm

Goldshit woulda hit that hanger 700 feet if Timmy threw it…

7. alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2019 at 4:48 pm

Cardinals Jose Martinez 2 for 2 (which includes breaking up gm 1’s no hitter)
    Rest of Cardinals 2-55 yikes!!
    Better start Martinez then just using him as a PH
    It’s desperation time for Cards, so shake up the LU.
    Nats in the drivers seat,they wrap it up in 5 Book it…

8. willedav said, on October 12, 2019 at 5:36 pm

like to know anyone who watched it take on Jalen Hurts of Oklahoma. I’ve only seen him vs.inferior competition. Read he made some dumb mistakes today though he threw and ran for lot of yards in W over Texas…wonder what he can do vs. better teams.

9. unca_chuck said, on October 12, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Remember Wills on the Expos, but not the Pirates. Boccabella? Must be right before my time. Deitz was a rook of the year when I started really paying attention to the Giants.

10. unca_chuck said, on October 12, 2019 at 5:50 pm

Ahhh, just looked up Boccabella. No recollection of him on the G’s.

11. alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Boccabella was a no hit scrub, kinda like some of the current Giants. He only played 1 season at the Stick, but was a cult hero with the fans.The games I watched with my buddies, usually the Giants getting blown out, the highlight would be when he PH, and the PA,and the fans would chat out Bocabelllliiiaaaaa it was funny as shit as a kid..

12. blade3colorado said, on October 12, 2019 at 6:06 pm

I have $100 on Yankees (+154). Normally, I wouldn’t bet on baseball, much less the Yankees, but am in Reno (Peppermill) and couldn’t resist.

• Flavor said, on October 12, 2019 at 6:18 pm

love the Peppermill. Nice poker room.

• blade3colorado said, on October 12, 2019 at 6:51 pm

Only place my buddy and I will play in Reno. Away from everything, but best sports book in Reno.

13. alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2019 at 6:51 pm

Looking like a solid bet Blade!!

• blade3colorado said, on October 12, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Hope so. Very conflicted, as I love the Astros, but that went out the window when I found out Greinke was pitching.

14. alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Last year I had Thanksgiving Dinner at the Peppermill with my sister.It was a great Buffet and what my sister liked most “No Clean Up”

15. Macdog said, on October 12, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Way to go Cubs, giving away a stud like Torres to the Yanks.

16. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 12, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Great long-time character actor Robert Forster died on Friday. Some terrific roles over the years; more recently, as “the disappearer” in Breaking Bad. Interesting how he died on the very day the BB movie El Camino was released. His final scene ever: dropping Pinkman in Alaska to begin his new life. I hope he got to see the film before he went….

17. djloo27 said, on October 12, 2019 at 7:26 pm

I don’t care what anyone thinks.
    Pulling Tanaka was asinine…

• Macdog said, on October 12, 2019 at 7:29 pm

They’ll win anyway, but I agree.

• Flavor said, on October 12, 2019 at 7:50 pm

wish that had backfired. Fucking idiotic to take him out after 68 and he’s dealing

18. Macdog said, on October 12, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Heckuva night for Bregman, bonehead baserunning and now a rally-killing DP.

19. zumiee said, on October 12, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Forster was great in the movie “Jackie Brown,” the only Tarantino film I like.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 12, 2019 at 8:12 pm

Indeed he was.

20. unca_chuck said, on October 12, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Have you read the book, Zumie? One of Elmore Leonard’s finest. Up there with Freaky Deaky and Get Shorty.

• djloo27 said, on October 12, 2019 at 8:11 pm

• zumiee said, on October 12, 2019 at 8:19 pm

Haven’t read any Leonard yet.

• unca_chuck said, on October 12, 2019 at 8:43 pm

Rum Punch is Jackie Brown. The rest are great. Leonard was on a roll in the 70s to mid 80s, starting with Mr. Majestyk. Great Charles Bronson movie, BTW.

21. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 12, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Watching the El Camino movie, it shocked me a bit how much older Forster looked. Didn’t realize he was already fighting brain cancer, which is what claimed him on Friday. Still so weird to die the day the film is released…

• Flavor said, on October 12, 2019 at 8:38 pm

saw it last night. Breaking Bad was so awesome, El Camino was pretty lame, IMO. One great scene, that’s it

22. Macdog said, on October 12, 2019 at 8:22 pm

Congrats to Blade, and didn’t even have to sweat this out.

• blade3colorado said, on October 12, 2019 at 9:02 pm

Thank you Mac!

23. alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Man I really liked Robert Forster..RIP
    He was great in an old movie with Donnie Wahlberg called “Diamond Men”as a over the hill diamond seller that his company wants to have him train a younger guy(Wahlberg) the ropes..

24. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 13, 2019 at 12:16 am

Craig, agree that BB was awesome and also mostly agree that El Camino was a bit lame. So much more they could have done with it. So it goes.

Say Something....

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s