New Yuck

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 18, 2019

First it was the Twins. Then the Cardinals. Now it’s the Yankees. Teams that seemed so imposing during the regular season that look absolutely terrible when the entire country is watching. Is it nerves? Just a bad stretch? I’m watching Encarnacion and Judge wave helplessly at pitch after pitch and I’m thinking, “How do these guys EVER hit a bomb? How do they ever hit a BALL?”

There’s something imminently satisfying about watching Yankee fans dress up to the nines and get their deep chants going while they bang in unison on the stadium field walls…..and then by the 6th inning they’re just sitting quietly and beaten. Anyone else feelin’ me on that? lqtm….

1. zumiee said, on October 18, 2019 at 6:35 am

The Dodgers were an epic fail in this year’s playoffs, and the Yankees are in the process of it.
    It IS rather enjoyable to see.
    I still get a bit giddy thinking about the Dodgers getting eliminated so quickly.

2. chipower9 said, on October 18, 2019 at 6:36 am

I am feeling you, Flav! The Yank-Mees have always been the right coast version of the dodgers in my book.

My three favorite teams:
    The Giants
    Whoever is playing the dodgers
    Whoever is playing the Yank-Mees…

Can we just go ahead and t-up the world series, now? I just see no way in hell the Yanks come back and make any semblance of a series out of this.

3. zumiee said, on October 18, 2019 at 6:40 am

When the Dodgers and Yankees get eliminated:

4. zumiee said, on October 18, 2019 at 6:44 am

If the Yankees can come back from this 3-1 deficit, against that starting pitching, that would be an amazing historic comeback. We’d never hear the end of it in the East coast sports media.

• gianthead said, on October 18, 2019 at 7:10 am

That ain’t happening….they have the look
      of a defeated organization…especially their fans know it!!

5. zumiee said, on October 18, 2019 at 6:47 am

With the Dodgers already eliminated, the playoffs have already turned out just fine.

• blade3colorado said, on October 18, 2019 at 7:31 am

Agree. Obviously, the Giants winning it all in during the “3 in 5” years was beyond sweet (especially 2010 for me as a long suffering Giants fan). However, I take great joy in these annual face plants of the Dogpile . . . especially this last one where the Nats won due to imbecilic moves by Roberts.

6. gianthead said, on October 18, 2019 at 7:08 am

And apparently leaving a playoff game early beciase they know they are done…their fans had the mindset of oh they dont need any more pitching who could beat us with all these softball sluggers???

Each one us know as we we experienced three chanpionships… pitching and defense wins just about every time…take that you frickin Yank Me and Flodger their Dodger fans…

• djloo27 said, on October 18, 2019 at 8:23 am

Wonder whatever became of forgotten 2014 WS semi-hero(?) Juan Perez…

7. blade3colorado said, on October 18, 2019 at 7:22 am

“I’m watching Encarnacion and Judge wave helplessly at pitch after pitch and I’m thinking, “How do these guys EVER hit a bomb? How do they ever hit a BALL?”

This is baseball today. Per MLB stats, in 2018 for the first time in baseball history, more than a third (33.5 percent) of plate appearances ended with one of the “three true outcomes”—a walk, strikeout, or home run. 2019? Even worse.

zzzzzzz . . .

• chipower9 said, on October 18, 2019 at 8:11 am

Agree, Blade. I cannot stand the current brand of baseball. Well, it is still baseball, and IMO the best of all the sports, but I really do not like the direction of the game.

8. unca_chuck said, on October 18, 2019 at 8:20 am

Yeah, the direction of the game, AL style. 4 hours and 20 minutes for a 9 inning game. I like the timeless aspect of the game, but endless? Jesus.

• blade3colorado said, on October 18, 2019 at 8:33 am

“I like the timeless aspect of the game, but endless?”

Great line (and true)!

• Macdog said, on October 18, 2019 at 9:35 am

Ha, good one!

• chipower9 said, on October 18, 2019 at 10:54 am

LMAO…so fucking true. Junior circuit ball sucks…

9. unca_chuck said, on October 18, 2019 at 8:25 am

The longest NL game didin’t even reach 3:30. The 10 inning Stros game? 4:50.

10. Macdog said, on October 18, 2019 at 9:38 am

Still one to go for the ‘Stros, so I’m not celebrating yet. But yes, Flav, I’m most certainly feelin’ it.

11. alleykat69 said, on October 18, 2019 at 9:43 am

Yeah even that snooze fest of a football game ended a lot earlier and they started at the same time!!
    AL baseball games are a joke!!

12. unca_chuck said, on October 18, 2019 at 9:50 am

The Broncos are flat horrible. And I LOVE it!! Collinsworth was shocked at how the Broncos had just given up halfway through the 3rd quarter.

13. eddacker said, on October 18, 2019 at 10:04 am

HELLO, ya’all
    The dog ears going down to Washington was epic. The yank fans and the east coast media so “on fire” after the first game win. HA! HAHAHA-HA. Go Stros!

Watching the nationals has shown me how it must have felt not being a Giants fan and watching those playoff runs.

• Flavor said, on October 18, 2019 at 10:20 am

Edd–hope you are well! Alltime HOF Flapper!!!

• chipower9 said, on October 18, 2019 at 10:56 am

Yes…remember when we used to get Edd’s reports and spin on things from the UK.

• chipower9 said, on October 18, 2019 at 10:56 am

Edd – wassup, brother? Hope you are well! Good to see you drop in…don’t be such a stranger.

Where you living now, my friend? You still in Californification?

14. chipower9 said, on October 18, 2019 at 11:41 am

In reading through the various articles spelling-out who the Giants are interested in for their manager job, is there anyone the Giants AREN’T interested in? The latest I hear are Quartraro (Rays bench coach), Espada (Stros bench coach), and also Mike Matheny.

I think that brings the list of potential managerial candidates to 127.

• Flavor said, on October 18, 2019 at 11:50 am

All these bum-ass writers throw a bunch of shit put on Twitter , if they’re right about one thing they talk shit for years– ignoring everything they got wrong

15. zumiee said, on October 18, 2019 at 12:04 pm

“I like the timeless aspect of the game, but endless?”

I want to chime in, too, Chuck, and say what a great line that is!

16. unca_chuck said, on October 18, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Hah! Thanks. I’m here all week! Or forever. Whichever comes first.

17. unca_chuck said, on October 18, 2019 at 12:12 pm

I had never heard to the quality control coach until it appeared the Giants were intent on hiring 15 different ones of them.

18. alleykat69 said, on October 18, 2019 at 1:07 pm

I really think the Giants have a list of Flappers available for manager also,Kat’s In,I’ll put my name in the hat!
    Anyone else? Loo?Chi?Blade,Flavor? Snarkk?Chuck?Macdog?GH? and whoever gets the job can still fill out the rest of the coaching staff with Flappers!!!

• alleykat69 said, on October 18, 2019 at 1:28 pm

You too Zumie &Sandog, think quality control for whatever that means??

19. djloo27 said, on October 18, 2019 at 2:23 pm

Traveling Secretary: Kokonuts
    Quality Control: Wilco Joe
    Analytics: James
    Head Trainer: Sports Dude
    Clubhouse Attendant: Loo

• blade3colorado said, on October 18, 2019 at 4:46 pm

Can any of us try out for the 25 man roster?

• djloo27 said, on October 18, 2019 at 5:06 pm

Check with your new boss, Blade…

• blade3colorado said, on October 18, 2019 at 5:08 pm

Snarkk? I quit.

• alleykat69 said, on October 18, 2019 at 5:30 pm

Glad I’m not the 3B coach, I would need Psychiatric help from Sandog, for all the runners I have thrown out at home plate!!

20. Pasalon said, on October 18, 2019 at 4:03 pm

I’m feeling ya on that one matey!

21. unca_chuck said, on October 18, 2019 at 6:05 pm

We may not win much, but the road trips would be epic!

22. alleykat69 said, on October 18, 2019 at 6:29 pm

Curfews? That ain’t happening with this “Wild Bunch”

23. wilcojoe said, on October 18, 2019 at 7:12 pm

I said after the Astros went up 2 games to 1, you make Game 5 a bullpen game and save Verlander and Cole for games 6 and 7 at home if necessary. With the win last night, this became even more obvious. You’re playing with house money and momentum is on your side. Use your pen in Game 5 to try and steal the series on the road. Worst case, you come home and have the two Cy Young candidates toeIng the rubber.

Now their panicking about who starts Game 6. Talk about an epic momentum swing.

24. alleykat69 said, on October 18, 2019 at 8:16 pm

Battle of Bullpens in gm6.Im sure it will be Cole&Servino in GM 7 if needed..