A Long, Strange Trip

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 30, 2019

“and you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack, and you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile….”
Anyway, regardless of *how we got here* we have a game 7 and can say with certainty that today is the final baseball game of the year. For some of us, that sucks.

Others of us? We could probably use the break, honestly.

Go Washington. I’ve gone back and forth on who I want to win usually deciding that I just don’t care. But the way Houston handled the Osuna thing tips me in the direction of The Nats. It would be absolutely awesome if Osuna entered the game with a 2 run lead in the 9th and blew it for them…..

1. willedav said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:42 am

Second time Stros messed with reporters; MLB did say they were going to investigate. See if hammer gets dropped after Series is over. The guy they fired is only part of the problem and not only one who was wrong.

Sadly there is whole other side too of those who don’t think there is anything wrong. I read a series of comments on Yahoo after Taubman had been fired and they ran 60-40 against. Sample of some things I read:
    They’re trying to distract Astros.
    Osuna was never convicted.
    She (reporter) is harassing him (Osuna).

Disgusting.

2. willedav said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:47 am

No idea on Loo’s Giants trivia ? from last night, a good one.
    Who was last Giant beside Barry Bonds to score 100 runs in back to back seasons?

3. willedav said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:50 am

Thought it might have been Kent from that era but no. He did it twice during SF career but not back to back.

4. willedav said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:33 am

might be out of line here but there is someone who accomplished that feat 8 times in a row for SF (and missed by 1 run of doing it for 9th) and we all know who that is.
    Has no one else done it consecutively since?

5. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:53 am

The title is the Dead, the thread the Heads. Well played, Flav.

The whole thing about Taubman is that Osuna is the guy Houston protects. I thought there was video out of what he did, but I haven’t seen it. I mean, with Ray Rice, it took the whole video finally coming to light to get him busted. Or fined. Or his wrist slapped. Or whatever meaningless gesture they did to him. None of these guys actually go to jail. Shit, Donte Stallworth did 24 days for killing a pedestrian. I did more time for driving by myself at 3:00 am on Highway 1. Just one toke over the line . . .

• wilcojoe said, on October 30, 2019 at 10:12 am

There was no video but one of the male, Astros beat writers for the Houston Chronicle confirmed her story and even apologized for not speaking up sooner. I actually commend him for doing so. If it wasn’t for his tweet in denouncing it, this would have been a he said-she said thing and the front office would be standing by its original, ridiculous statement protecting Taubman.

6. snarkk said, on October 30, 2019 at 10:09 am

I suppose I‘ll root for Nats, since they‘ve never won. Im thinking the season is too long, now. Go back to 154 and make it early April to mid October again…

7. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 10:33 am

Baseball and basketball have the same problem. The fricking basketball playoffs are 2 months long. I think the Warriors will do well to not have to grind through another playoff struggle.

8. chipower9 said, on October 30, 2019 at 11:13 am

As stated at the beginning of the series, I hoped to see some good baseball, some suspense, and seven games. Buckle-up baby, because here we go for all the marbles, tonight.

I have been leaning Nats since they have not won one, and are representing the NL. Will be a trip if they win, and all wins for each team come on the road. Not sure that has happened in a seven game world series, before.

Keep on Truckin’, Baby!

• alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 12:51 pm

Nope never has Chi, I’m hoping it does tonight with the Nats!
      Guess Kate’s BJ, Sex had no positive affect on Verlander who continues to be the worse postseason pitcher ever..

• unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 1:27 pm

He’s 0-7 now in WS games, right?

• chipower9 said, on October 30, 2019 at 1:50 pm

0-6 in WS starts, I believe. He sucks worse than Opie in the post-season.

He sucks so bad, he could suck start my Harley.

9. alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 12:46 pm

I think it might have been Brett Butler scoring 100 runs back to back for SF?

10. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 1:26 pm

Was he even on the Giants for 2 years? Saw him at an ATM machine in Foster City way back when he was with the GIants. Fucking weasel. Never liked him.

11. djloo27 said, on October 30, 2019 at 1:26 pm

The correct answer (hard to believe) is Marvin Benard (1999-2000)…

• chipower9 said, on October 30, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Holy fucking batshit…no one would have gotten that…nicely played, Loo.

12. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Hah! Just found that answer as I got back here.

This one’s easier. Who was the last Giant to score over 100 runs?

13. alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 3:07 pm

Yeah the little dipshit Butler scored 100 runs for the Giants in 3 straight years 88-90… Would of never nailed Bernard though, nice one Loo!

14. wilcojoe said, on October 30, 2019 at 3:53 pm

RIP Ron Fairly. I know a lot of people didn’t care for him, but my favorite childhood memories were listening to him and Hank in the 80’s.

15. sandog said, on October 30, 2019 at 3:57 pm

Tonight is a must-win game!
    Go Nats! Just saw Loo’s New Regime—love it!
    Would have liked to have seen Bregman knocked down last night.
    Power Out again at Rancho Del SanDawg.
    Chief Brody needed a bigger boat. I need a bigger generator….

• djloo27 said, on October 30, 2019 at 4:32 pm

Feel bad about what you guys are going through out there.
      Hard to grasp from news footage.
      I think Scheider improvised that all time great line…

16. wilcojoe said, on October 30, 2019 at 4:02 pm

I really can’t tell if Greinke has serious social anxiety issues (read somewhere that it’s Aspergers?) or if he is just fucking with the media. No one seems to know or is afraid to discuss it. That nervous smirk he makes when interviewed, makes me think it’s a legit medical issue.

17. wilcojoe said, on October 30, 2019 at 5:03 pm

How many days rest did Bum have when he closed out Game 7 in 2014?

• Flavor said, on October 30, 2019 at 5:12 pm

looked it up. Game 5 was Oct 26th, he pitched a complete game, 117 pitches. Came back on Oct 29 and threw the final 5 innings, 68 pitches.

• wilcojoe said, on October 30, 2019 at 5:16 pm

2 days rest. Unreal.

• djloo27 said, on October 30, 2019 at 5:20 pm

Dick Williams was blasted in ’67 for trying it with Lonborg who had nothing…

• unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 6:46 pm

That’s 3 days, Joe. Guys usually throw on the side after 3 days, right?

18. djloo27 said, on October 30, 2019 at 6:59 pm

Alvarez reminds me of the tragic Walt Bond.
    I wonder if 10 people in that stadium ever heard of him…

• alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Wow another great pull for the “Legendary Loo!”
      Walt Bond ( no relation to James) I don’t remember but think I should.He sure looked cool in one of my favorite uni’s of alltime the Colts 45, those are just rad with the pistol barrel smoking across the Colts letters!! Tragic he died so young at 29 from cancer,as his career looked so promising…

• djloo27 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:31 pm

I was a little boy when he died and was so upset.
        Now I average a wake a month…

• djloo27 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:43 pm

I think he’s wearing one of his winter gloves.
        For real…

19. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:00 pm

Funny thing is, when they instituted this replay rule they specifically said they would not change calls that were of this nature. A guy comes off the bag for a millisecond when he obviously beat the throw.

20. djloo27 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Ren-dome!

21. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Rendon is killing it.

22. djloo27 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:27 pm

Greinke fails to acknowledge the cheers.
    Weak…

• Flavor said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:31 pm

he’s got Asbergers man, that’s just how those cats roll.

23. Flavor said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Holy shit!

24. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:31 pm

3-2 Nats!!!!!!

25. alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Wow Howie Kendrick delivers again!!

26. djloo27 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Hou-stunned!

27. alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Do you think Harris will acknowledge the boos?

28. djloo27 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Cue the second guessing…

29. blade3colorado said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Nice, that an “old guy” got it done. Happy for Kendrick. He may be the MVP of this series too if the score stands.

• chipower9 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Agree. Couldn’t have been a better guy to hit that hime run, at that time.

30. alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:38 pm

I hope the Nats light up Osuna!

31. chipower9 said, on October 30, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Suspense? Check
    Seven games? Check
    Seventh inning stretch…

Gonna be interesting. Go Nats!

32. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Soto! Dude is on fiyah

33. alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Soto!!Soto!!Soto!! Off of Osuna justice prevails!! Eat shit Stros!!

34. chipower9 said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Corbin is dealing!

35. alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Somewhere in a cave Brandon Taubman is berating his TV set.Wonder if he really wished that got Osuna now..Taubman is the new Steve Bartman now heading to witness protection program!!
    6-2 Oh hell yeah!!

• zumiee said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:48 pm

I’m not superstitious but Taubman did bring a negative vibe to things for the Astros.

• blade3colorado said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:49 pm

. . . and this guy was great juju for the Nats –

• chipower9 said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:51 pm

😂

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:51 pm

lulz….

36. alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:51 pm

Congratulations Washington Nationals!
    2019 World Series Champions 🍾🍾🍾

37. chipower9 said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Congrats to the Natty Nats!

38. chipower9 said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:54 pm

“People ask me what I do in the winter when there is no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.”
    -Rogers Hornsby

Time to keep the hot stove hot, fellas…

39. Flavor said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:56 pm

that was fuckin cool. Big time chills of 2010 for me at the end there.

40. snarkk said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:56 pm

Congrats Nats !
    I would take for SF just one of those hitters from the Nats, and they’d be a far better lineup immediately.
    Onto the offseason and hopefully some massive changes for the Giants…

41. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 8:58 pm

Hah! There you go. Somewhere, Gary Carter is smiling. TIm Raines, and Andre Dawson as well.

42. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:01 pm

Rusty Staub as well . . . my very first mitt was a Rusty Staub.

43. alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:01 pm

People that I’m happy for:
    Brian Dozier
    Kurt Suzuki
    Ryan Zimmerman
    All Montreal Expos fans!
    And the woman reporters who Brandon Taubman was a DICK too!!

44. zumiee said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:05 pm

Parra and Strickland get rings, lulz.

45. snarkk said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:06 pm

How ’bout the road team winning every game in a 7 game WS?
    First time ever…

46. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:12 pm

The Giants just claimed Tyler Anderson from the Rockies. DFAed Bearclaw.

• alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Tyler Anderson?
      Last year in 27 innings he gave up 20 runs!
      The year before that he led all of baseball in home runs allowed as a starter.. Oh shit were moving the walls in aren’t we?

47. alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:17 pm

That’s one bad ass cherry red corvette Strasburgh gets to roll out in..

• zumiee said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Does it have technology?

48. willedav said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:37 pm

Steph Curry broke his left hand on a drive to basket with Warriors down about 30 to Phoenix in 3rd Q.

• alleykat69 said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:46 pm

Ahh shit man.No Steph No need to watch them.Long season that just started just got longer.Well their’s always the 49ers to peak my interest for now..

49. unca_chuck said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:42 pm

Dubs making a spirited comeback FWIW.

50. mrsprtdude said, on October 30, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Shit Broken wrist. CT scan to see if surgery needed. Shit. Hello lottery. Losing at home to suns.

51. unca_chuck said, on October 31, 2019 at 7:55 am

Suns beat the Clippers the other day. They have a decent team this year.